1515 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3035710011x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm. Sundays for private functions, Easter, Mother's Day (special prixe fixe menu) and 2nd Sunday of each month for 1515 Test Kitchen Dinners. Visit 1515restaurant.com for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonas Halstead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Gene for details at 303-571-0011.
Banquet Facilities: Our three banquet rooms can entertain your group of 30, 60 and 90 for sit-down functions, or 200 guests for cocktail and hors d’oeuvres. Let us help plan your wedding, rehearsal, Holiday and corporate parties. View the Banquet section on our website for more details.
- Entertainment: 1515 Lounge offers craft drinks, house infused liquors and soft music.
Looking for a place to relax? Come check out our Lounge where you can get one of our specialty cocktails or your own favorite concoction made with the freshest ingredients.
Planning a birthday party, office party, or just a gathering of friends, check out our lower level lounge where you have a private bar and your own bartender!
- Special Events: Join us for an exquisitely prepared five and seven course dinner for less than $12 per course plus dessert prepared specially for you by chef Jonas Halstead or just order from our regular lunch and dinner menu. Our service staff will be more than happy to pair each course with a special glass of wine, beer or craft drinks at a reasonable price.
- Cross Street: 16th Street Mall
- Public Transit: Take Light Rail to 16th Street Mall and take Mall shuttle to Market Street Station. Within walking distance to all major downtown hotels, convention center and ball parks.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary garage parking for dinner guests at 16th Market Square. The indoor parking is located in the last building on your left on Market Street before 16th Street Mall. Valet available with our neighbor, P.F. Chang's Restaurant.
A word from 1515 Restaurant
1515 is sending out plates that knock people back in their seats and make the ladies swoon” -Jason Sheehan, Westword; “Award of Excellence” -Wine Spectator 2001 through 2014; ABC, Channel 7 A-List Winner American Cuisine. An independent fine dining establishment located in the heart of Denver, 1515 Restaurant offers a relaxing yet sophisticated environment in which to enjoy some of Colorado’s most distinctive flavors. The Modern American menu, combining molecular gastronomy with classic cooking, is splashed with European flair, creating a memorable, one-of-the-kind fusion known as the eatery’s “eclectic Colorado cuisine”. Some enticing menu creations include the critically acclaimed Foie Gras Duo, Lobster Newburg, Colorado Lamb, Elk Steak, Duck, Steak and 100% pure strain Wagyu Beef from 7X Cattle Company. The seasonal menus provide new tastes to tempt your palate. Craft drinks, 450+ bottle wine cellar and in-house sommelier to help with the perfect pairing at the perfect price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
1515 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
1515 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (45)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (34)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- This restaurant is never busyBrookeDined on 5/2/2008This restaurant is never busy when we dine there, and it is a shame to us, because 1515 has one of the best chefs in Denver working. The food is never less than spectacular, and they are always at the top of their game. The one area where the restaurant could improve is in the dessert category. I have had several desserts at 1515 and all of them have been sub-par.Special Features:
- The food was great but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2008The food was great but our waitress was not. She was obviously inexperienced. She did not know what kinds of gin they had or if they had champagne by the glass. We had a friend in from Chicago who really wanted to eat at 1515 and we were all sadly disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was very good, fresh,TJ2013Dined on 4/30/2008Food was very good, fresh, and flavorful. Unfortunatly, the service was poor dampering the evening. The young woman serving us was forgetful and unattentive on several occasions. Hopefully for them, she was just having an "off" evening.
- Really good wines at unexpectedlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2008Really good wines at unexpectedly reasonable prices; great food.Special Features:
- The fried potato salad isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2008The fried potato salad is one of the best things in the world -- I'd buy it by the pound if I could. The great service, a really nice upstairs dining room, and top-notch food are all reasons to come back.Special Features:
- My wonderful girlfriend andjdgrn77Dined on 4/12/2008My wonderful girlfriend and I visited this location as part of a valentine's weekend celebration while staying in Denver. We made our reservations online here @ OpenTable.com and were promptly seated and had a wonderful wait staff. We sat upstairs towards the front of the building so we didn't get to see the rest of the rooms really. I have had friends take in some live music in the basement there from time to time... Food was course based and the menu was awesome I thought. We ordered some nice wine to compliment dinner with the assistance of the waitress. Cost was resonable I felt for this special occasion we were celebrating. I look forward to returning to this great restaurant soon!Special Features:
- Great food and menu. We triedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008Great food and menu. We tried the tasting and it was very pricey but very good.Special Features:
- Fairly good place but forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2008Fairly good place but for the price there are much better options...
- We particularly liked theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008We particularly liked the service. The salads were delicious, as were the scallops. The other dishes were attractive and well served, but a bit exotic for our tastes.Special Features:
- Unfortunately we chose thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008Unfortunately we chose this restaurant hoping to have a wonderful family (my husband and I & our children ages 17, 12, & 5) brunch for Easter. We had a 1pm reservation & didn't get sat until 2:05. We were told they were backed up & that they would make it worth our while if we continue wait. Once we got to our table they offered to give us champagne for our wait. By that point both my husband & I already had 2 mimosas’ & didn't want anymore alcohol. The food was poorly displayed & was not replenished in a timely fashion. My 5 y/o threw a fit because they didn't have anything he would eat except sausages- which they ran out of before he got any! We paid $180 for a meal that absolutely wasn't worth the LONG amount of time OR money!
- We attended 1515 for EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008We attended 1515 for Easter brunch. The hostesses were worthless and clueless. Every time we asked about our table the reply was, "It'll just be 10-15 minutes." We received this response even after we'd been waiting for 20 minutes. At one point a hostess finally led us to seating, only to have another hostess try to turn us around and send us back to the front! We finally had to just bully our way in and seat ourselves even though reservations were made weeks in advance. To top it off, a hostess called a week AFTER our reservation to confirm that we were coming in THAT Sunday. They were unbelievably unorganized, and apparently nonchalant about it. The wait staff was great but the hostesses were horrendous.Special Features:
- The table sitting was late,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008The table sitting was late, the entire restaurant was pretty much seated all at once, albeit different tables. We were seated ~ 45" after our reservation. I was late, but, still had to wait. My friend arrived before me, but, she was not seated and waited at the bar area. The food was excellent, presented well, but, was lukewarm as was the coffee, which was barely warm and definitely cool after milk added. For a small restaurant, they were not prepared for the brunch. The second seating had people waiting for tables after their reservation times, also. I would go back again, but, on a different occassion. the parking was around the corner. There are directions on the web site, but, it would have been nicer if someone could have directedSpecial Features:
- We had a 10:00 Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008We had a 10:00 Easter Brunch reservation, but the restaurant was not prepared, and made us, and every other party wait uncomfortably downstairs for roughly 20 minutes before they began to seat the groups. The food was very good.
- For the price we were sortOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008For the price we were sort of disapointed. I thought it was kind of pricey for the small selection to choose from for a buffet. Could not find their parking lot that they said they had on the website. Had some eggs benedict w/Hollandaise sauce, my favorite. When we started eating there was a very stong fish taste, could not eat it, I don't eat fish at all, I went back to the person serving it and he said there was Lobster Bisque in the Hollandaise, so I asked for another egg that was plain. There was nothing telling you that, what if I was allergic to sea food then there would have been a real problem. No we did'nt care for it much.
- Excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008Excellent dining experience. Highly recommend 1515 Restaurant for occasions of all manner.Special Features:
- We think 1515 is an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2008We think 1515 is an excellent restaurant and do intend making more "visits". Gene is a fine host! Barbara Le VineSpecial Features:
- I would not recommend thisSBdenverVIPDined on 12/22/2007I would not recommend this place. I took my family there for a special evening. I was not happy with my entree which was not very well described on the menu - harvest vegetable raviolo which was actually beets with some cheese and no pasta once so ever. It doesn't help that they did not have any other vegetarian entree and would not do anything to help me find something I could actually eat. I will never go back.