1515 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3035710011x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm. Sundays for private functions, Easter, Mother's Day (special prixe fixe menu) and 2nd Sunday of each month for 1515 Test Kitchen Dinners. Visit 1515restaurant.com for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonas Halstead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Gene for details at 303-571-0011.
Banquet Facilities: Our three banquet rooms can entertain your group of 30, 60 and 90 for sit-down functions, or 200 guests for cocktail and hors d’oeuvres. Let us help plan your wedding, rehearsal, Holiday and corporate parties. View the Banquet section on our website for more details.
- Entertainment: 1515 Lounge offers craft drinks, house infused liquors and soft music.
Looking for a place to relax? Come check out our Lounge where you can get one of our specialty cocktails or your own favorite concoction made with the freshest ingredients.
Planning a birthday party, office party, or just a gathering of friends, check out our lower level lounge where you have a private bar and your own bartender!
- Special Events: Join us for an exquisitely prepared five and seven course dinner for less than $12 per course plus dessert prepared specially for you by chef Jonas Halstead or just order from our regular lunch and dinner menu. Our service staff will be more than happy to pair each course with a special glass of wine, beer or craft drinks at a reasonable price.
- Cross Street: 16th Street Mall
- Public Transit: Take Light Rail to 16th Street Mall and take Mall shuttle to Market Street Station. Within walking distance to all major downtown hotels, convention center and ball parks.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary garage parking for dinner guests at 16th Market Square. The indoor parking is located in the last building on your left on Market Street before 16th Street Mall. Valet available with our neighbor, P.F. Chang's Restaurant.
A word from 1515 Restaurant
1515 is sending out plates that knock people back in their seats and make the ladies swoon” -Jason Sheehan, Westword; “Award of Excellence” -Wine Spectator 2001 through 2014; ABC, Channel 7 A-List Winner American Cuisine. An independent fine dining establishment located in the heart of Denver, 1515 Restaurant offers a relaxing yet sophisticated environment in which to enjoy some of Colorado’s most distinctive flavors. The Modern American menu, combining molecular gastronomy with classic cooking, is splashed with European flair, creating a memorable, one-of-the-kind fusion known as the eatery’s “eclectic Colorado cuisine”. Some enticing menu creations include the critically acclaimed Foie Gras Duo, Lobster Newburg, Colorado Lamb, Elk Steak, Duck, Steak and 100% pure strain Wagyu Beef from 7X Cattle Company. The seasonal menus provide new tastes to tempt your palate. Craft drinks, 450+ bottle wine cellar and in-house sommelier to help with the perfect pairing at the perfect price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
1515 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
1515 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (45)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (34)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- 5280 AdventureluvgrtdiningDined on 2/26/2014This was a wonderful overall experience that i would recommend. In my work I tend to go out a lot, and this was a nice change.Special Features:
- good burgersMmmGoodDined on 2/26/2014Perfectly cooked Wagyu burgers. Disappointed about lack of gluten-free items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it would be different fareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014I had different expectations for this restaurant than what we had. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Somewhat overlooked?VictorDined on 2/25/2014Rivals the best in town for food, wine, and service, though moving to highish--and entirely appropriate--prices. Tablet wine list contains many with some years of bottle age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningCompresscoDined on 2/25/2014Had a small work group to take out and we were treated extremely well. Awesome food, complemented with some excellent wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1515 CornerBart09Dined on 2/24/2014Went during resturant week and was not impressed. Food was just ok, but was presented nicely. Very limited beer menu with nothing special to choose from. Downstairs bar was absolutely dead. Probably will not go back.
- Trying something differentTheFoodChooserDined on 2/24/2014The menu offered unusual items which caused our group of 7 to check it out while in town on business. Had several large groups so maybe things were busy for them when we were there, because service was slower than we would have liked. Two groups coming in after us were served before us. Food was good on almost all items except chicken (a little dry) and elk (too salty). Appetizers and bread pudding was amazing. Would have liked to have more sweet wine choices by glass. It was a good experience but not sure we will return with all the other choices in the downtown area.Special Features:
- Fast ServicePootumsDined on 2/24/2014Went for Restaurant week. Food and wine pairings were very good. Portions were extremely small, so I don't know if that is because it was restaurant week, or if they are always that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The $30 deal was outstanding!.BillybobVIPDined on 2/23/2014The $30 deal was outstanding!. The crab caked were fantasticSpecial Features:
- One of the best in Denver!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014I have been to this restaurant before, but since it is a bit pricey for my student wallet I was not able to come back until restaurant week. I have to say, this is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver and one of the best meals I have every had. I will come back as soon as I can (all in moderation). On top of a wonderful meal, the service was nothing short of amazing!Special Features:
- Denver Restaurant WeekHirecommendation1Dined on 2/22/2014We visited 1515 during Denver's Restaurant Week. The menu was varied, but did not really give you the real special dining food fare that we had expererienced previously at 1515, outside of Restaurant Week. We'll go back, for sure, as our first dining experience there was extraordinarily good.Special Features:
- Glad for Denver Restaurant WeekLymanDined on 2/22/2014Attended for the specials. Good selection of four entrees and one of us got the wine pairing, which was a very nice selection of three glasses of wine. The Coq au Vin was fantastic as was the Bison rib, and crab cakes were unique with a lot of ginger - tasty and far from conventional. Crème brulee was the best dessert choice. Very good food and service, but when looking at the normal menu prices I would be unlikely to return unless it's Restaurant Week again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to 1515 during RestaurantShirlDined on 2/22/2014We went to 1515 during Restaurant Week, which should give patrons an opportunity to try the best of the best places, without a huge blow to the pocket. It allows people the opportunity to decide if the food is worth the higher priced menu and if they would come back. Though we found 1515's food to be good, it is not a place we feel compelled to return to and pay higher prices for the food. We also felt like the courses were rushed out so there was little time to even savor the dish. Granted during this week reservation numbers are high, but again the rushed service just added to the overall let down of 1515.
- New York VibeRedPoppyDined on 2/22/20141515 has the feeling of a hip NY City restaurant: brick walls, narrow windows overlooking Market St. and the historic Denver Seed Co. building. It serves food that could hold its own in a line up of NY's eateries. The crab cakes were some of the best I've ever eaten. And I know crab cakes. I was raised on the Chesapeake Bay. The braised short rib was fall off the bone tender and paired nicely with fava beans. My creme brulle was delicious and beautifully presented. My husband and I also enjoyed having a drink at the bar. The wait staff were outstanding from start to finish.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014By far one of the best restaurant week selections we have experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughKSquaredDined on 2/21/2014Walking into the downstairs bar, we were concerned that the restaurant might not be all we had hoped. Much to our surprise and delight, the upstairs area was an elegant restaurant with a modern feel. The wait staff were extremely knowledgeable and friendly, without the pretentiousness that often accompanies places like this. The drink list comes on an iPad, which is part of the restaurant's efforts to be environmentally conscious. The food was perfect. From presentation to portion to taste, everything was incredible. Be sure to try the Wagyu beef appetizer. You cook it yourself on a 500 degree stone. Very cool. We would absolutely dine again at 1515.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet lunch spotVaildinerVIPDined on 2/20/2014How lovely to find a quiet spot downtown with an extremely interesting menu for lunch. And vary reasonable prices. Especially the $10, 20 minutes soup and salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!DanODined on 2/15/2014When we arrived at 1515, I had already done my research and was super excited to have finally arrived. My wife and I were celebrating our 2nd anniversary, and I was surprised when the owner, Mr. Gene Tang, was standing near the door to wish us a happy anniversary. After being led to our table and introduced to our outstanding waiter, Patrick, we were given a glass of champagne to celebrate, along with a card reading "happy anniversary from 1515!" that had been signed by the staff. Our dining experience was amazing, and we were presented with an Amuse-Bouche before dinner. All in all, I would give 1515 Restaurant SIX stars, and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightistevekDined on 2/15/2014My fiancé and I had a fabulous meal here the night after Valentine's Day. Presentation of food was beautiful and each dish was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!CarolDined on 2/15/2014Excellent food. A creative, fun menu with things you don't get anywhere else. And it tastes as good as it looks. Beautiful presentation, makes for a unique experience. Attention from the owner and staff makes you feel special.Special Features:
- Nice change of paceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I really had a great time at 1515 !! I love the modern decor and the artwork was fun to look at . I sat next to a loud man which it was obvious that he was not taught any manners from his mom. I spent most of the night fighting the craving to knock him out but the food took all my attention. I was glad that I went but not worth the money. One would think if you spend more money on somthing you would get a bunch of food which is not what happened here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual performanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I frequent 1515 on a semi-annual bases, however until this valentines day I have never been there for a holiday or any special occasion outside of dinning with my family. That being said, this was the first time I was presented with their fixed menu of 2-3 choices per course (5 courses), which excited me. The food choices were good, the execution and performance of the wait staff was sub-par. We were served the wrong order, the fish was horribly cooked which we sent back. In their defense, they fixed the issue and the fish was delicious. The wine was not on time for any of the courses. The overall experience was just plain poor, more-so for the $300 dollar tab. I expected much better from them and left very dissatisfied.
- lovelyincredibleVIPDined on 2/14/2014Had a wonderful valentines dinner. Waitor was even sensitive to my being pregnant and offered a delightful amuse bouche in place of the oyster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best downtown DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014One of the best downtown Denver restaurants for before theatre or special occasion. Their menu changes a lot and they have great wine pairings. The food is always fantastic. And they use tablecloths... romantic, and not noisy.Special Features:
- Over seasoned and under cookedFoodieforsureDined on 1/31/2014This was a very disappointing dinner as I had read some good reviews of the restaurant and had high hopes. The food was poorly executed - too much spice, not enough balance to the flavor, salads severely overdressed; had everything been tuned down by a third, there may have been some good dishes ( party of 6 and not one of us had an entree or salad that was more than "fair"). My bouillabaisse was not only poorly seasoned but the lobster in it was actually raw, not intentional sea-food raw, but runny, icky raw. Service was just ok, we had to ask for attention rather than receive it readily.
- Excellent FoodRSC983Dined on 1/30/2014Took a client here for dinner. Had great wine and even better food. Elk steak is fantastic! Very intimate setting, vegetarian options, every thing is perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The location is a little off-beatdiner14VIPDined on 1/29/2014The location is a little off-beat and when we entered was a little surprised that it looked just like a bar..not like the pictures....but the restaurant s upstairs. Great food preparation and value. Nice portions. Our server Jonathan was very very good.Special Features:
- Unique and flavorful dishesStaceyDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I dined here on a Saturday at 7pm and we were surprised to see it rather empty. The ambience reminded me of a banquet hall and the place was rather large, which added to the empty feeling. All manners of concern dissipated when I received my delicious elk steak. The meat was cooked perfectly, the unique side dishes accompanied it well, and my husband absolutely loved the tenderloin with the apple accompaniment. The prices are rather affordable and the meals filling. My compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food fabulous...terriDined on 1/25/2014Service and food excellent...from presentation to taste/quality! Great place to celebrate my son's birthday. My only complaint was the noise level. we were in a room with a large party...and we couldn't hear ourselves talk. I wouldn't recommend this for a romantic evening out..or with elderly parents. I would try it again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceSamuelDined on 1/24/2014Excellent service, food and overall experience. Not cheap, but worth the price. Our server Marcello was attentive, funny, and made great recommendations. Crowd was light for a Friday night, but we would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a few things...DenverFoodieDined on 1/17/2014Our server was Jonathan and he was a very seasoned server. A couple of things to change to be considered "fine dining" would be the portion size and a larger selection of ice. Certain drinks are to be made with one large chunk of ice versus small chips that water down the drink. Overall, it was excellent food and I will be telling all of my friends to stop in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely place!rogerDined on 1/16/2014Fun presentations of gourmet selections. Good value for an upscale night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014My fiancé and I found the food to be presented and cooked perfectly. Our waiter Marcello was wonderful, he helped us with not only the menu but also with tourist question that we had. We would definatly be returning customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and interestingdanabDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed it - it was our first time here! Staff was lovely and helpful. Food was definitely interesting. Execution could have been better - the flavors were really wonderful however more attention could be paid to the actual quality. Fish and steak were not cooked correctly. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Average for the pricefoodienat89Dined on 12/31/2013My boyfriend and I ate at 1515 on New Years Eve. Some aspects of the night were very special, cotton candy and french macaroons at the door as well as fun and interesting in-between courses to clear our pallets. However, I felt the service was slow and inattentive and my filet Mignon was very chewy. My boyfriend enjoyed his pork confit. Nothing special to write home about.Special Features:
- NYE Alice in Wonderland - EXCELLENTJenLDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I celebrated our first NYE in Denver at the first seating of the Alice in Wonderland inspired dinner. It was AMAZING!! The service and food were impeccable. It was the perfect night out for celebrating our new life. Looking forward to dinner here again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of our group of fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Four of our group of five enjoyed it. Most of us really liked the food and the presentation. Downside was being placed at a long rectangular table with awkward seating. We called around midday to reduce our part of seven to only five so there should have been time to set up a smaller table. Entrance through the empty bar was a first strike against them ----surely that can be made more welcoming?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SurpriseTravlerNMDined on 12/24/2013Last minute find, from out-of-state, for a Christmas Eve dinner. Wow, menu is inspiring, food presentation is a delight. Atmosphere and Staff are effervescent with attention. This is the Big City at its Best - local creative flair with satisfying ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1515 A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We had a great time dining here. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely come back to this fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingJBandcoDined on 12/24/2013We'd heard great reviews for the restaurant so took our party of six on Christmas Eve early (at restaurant opening). One vegeterian appetizer we'd specifically ordered without meat came with Chorizo on it. We waited about 25 minutes between appetizers and main course. We specifically requested a desert for the table with meat on the side instead of on top (yep, it's bacon on chocolate) -- bacon came on top so vegetarians couldn't have any. Waiter spilled liquid nitrogen all over the lap of one of us (it's meant to be poured as an accent for the bouillabase). Main courses were fine; appetizers were uniformally disappointing. We've eaten in all of Denver's best restaurants -- will not go back here.