Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: 3032961970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (210)special occasion (177)romantic (120)hot spot (98)good for groups (83)neighborhood gem (83)notable wine list (76)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Place and Awesome Food!JaybirdDined on 8/2/2014Some people had told me this was a fondue place- but it is not and why I chose it! The food is incredible and dips that are served with it are amazing. I recommend this to anyone who wants and enjoyable and different eating experience. Awesome!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem on Blake stDenverfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I love Vesta - incredible fresh and innovative food and impeccable service. Worth every penny and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Our dinner was absolutely amazing. My husband is hard to impress and he raved!Special Features:
- Wonderful, unique dining experiencePescaDined on 7/30/2014Such an interesting menu--very original and everything we tried was perfectly executed. There were 4 of us and we had the duck (superb!), prawns, scallops, and salmon. Everyone loved their meal. The service was great and all of the server's recommendations were spot on. We finished with the heavenly pot de creme with salted caramel ice cream--fabulous! Nice chic casual atmosphere although a bit noisy for my taste. Love the brick walls. Our friends are gourmands from San Francisco and they loved it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Top all-around experiencePGC1740Dined on 7/29/2014Vesta is known as one of the top restaurants in Denver. It deserves that recognition with it's well curated menu, very professional staff, innovative drink menu, and great ambience. The food was balanced perfectly between interesting and approachable. The menu wasn't overly extensive, which in my mind is always a good sign, but each option was very unique. I usually can make up my mind within a minute or less of looking at a menu, but Vesta had such good options that I had to ask for a recommendation. The staff knows their food and drinks very well, and are both super professional and friendly. My wife and I went for our anniversary and it was definitely one of our top two-three dining experiences in Denver in the last six years.Special Features:
- Delicious and uniqueangie1327Dined on 7/27/2014I really enjoyed my experience at Vesta Dipping Grill! It was fun to try different sauces that are available and I wish I could have tasted them all! The shrimp appetizer was delicious and the sauces complemented it nicely. Our entrees were delicious and perfectly prepared - I definitely recommend the beef tenderloin. The presentation alone was fantastic and the food tasted as beautiful as it looked! I was really appreciative to the informative and friendly staff as well. My only complaint is that I don't live closer, but certainly the next time I'm in Denver, I will be dining here again! What a fantastic treat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Great happy hour. Went out for a quick dinner before a show and it was busy and energetic even on Sunday night. Great location, excellent food and service...had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget the peanut buttercardio1Dined on 7/26/2014Parking can be a challenge, especially on a baseball night, but can be found within a block. The menu is predominantly locally sourced, and what is not local is unique to this restaurant. Changing with the seasons, you may not find what I had, but it will be excellent. A tuna roll, toasted uniquely, with great sauces. Venison, perfectly cooked, accompanied by the chef's choices of sauces to which you can add your own selections. Outstanding! Ah, the peanut butter truffle. Diet tomorrow and have the flight of 3 truffles made in house. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Once again FANTASTICdowntowndinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014What a perfect night, showed up a few minutes early and saw our requested table sitting there waiting for us. Perfect way to start a perfect evening! Great food and great service. The birthday women were quite happy!!Special Features:
- For the dippersbboo1182Dined on 7/25/2014It's been 7 years since I've been there and it was just as good as the first time. It's still too loud in there and I remembered that too. Our server knew the sauces inside and out and that just added to the experience. It think it was a little pricey for portion given but the food was really tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonuVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time we've dined at Vesta Dipping Grill....what a treat! I ordered the pork chop which came with 3 sauces - loved the chutney. All 3 meals were spectacular. Shared a dessert with my husband - the bread like pudding - delicious and it also came with 3 dipping sauces. Our nephew enjoyed the flourless chocolate cake. We'll be back......Tim, our wait staff was great. Explained everything to us and made suggestions when asked.Special Features:
- Denver has finally grown up!rfmomof3Dined on 7/24/2014Haven't been in Denver in 20 years. Was overjoyed to find a first class meal in which the food stood all on its own, even without the excellent dipping sauces! Glad to see Denver has finally joined some world class cooking venues.Vesta is a pleasant departure from all of the chain food eating places in Denver. The caramel apple dessert is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New for us, great find!MediusDined on 7/20/2014We are in town for business trip and found Vesta using Open Table. What a great find this was! Ambiance was industrial, but warm and inviting. Energy level was high for a Sunday evening, but we were provided a nice romantic spot up front which was much more quiet. Food was well prepared and presented. The flavors were incredible. The chef recommended dipping sauces were spot on, but you can always experiment as well which was nice. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu and the different combinations that can be paired with the various menu choices. The Chicken and Venison were full of flavor, very savory. We will definitely come back to Vesta for our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EVER!megkatDined on 7/19/2014The service was amazing, the meal was better. Thank you for a great experience. We have already recommended this restaurant to 15 friends and family.Special Features:
- went for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We Weren't Sure What To Expect But Each Bite Was Packed With Flavor. A Little Expensive But Would Definitely Do It Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dip away!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Love this place. Can't say enough good things about it. Went there with 2 other people, one works for a very well known country band. He loved it. To my surprise, other band members were there as well without them communicating with each about it. That says a lot! The complimentary peanut butter cups at the end of the meal were the MOST WONDERFUL AND DECADENT PIECE OF CHOCOLATE I've ever had! Amazing.Special Features:
- best in denverFavoriteDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I cant find a place nearly as delicious and woth the same atmosphere and service. We gave been coming here for over 10 years and we have never once left unhappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Vesta was one of the first restaurants I came to when I moved here over 13 years ago and it is still around, there is a reason for that. Every time I have been there since it has been delicious and worth the higher price tag. The scallops were mouth watering and cooked to perfection. My only complaint was our server:/ It took 25 minutes for us to get our first round of drinks after ordering them! The other girls in our party who got there shortly before us were finished with their first round by the time we had our first. All 7 of us had clean plates if that tells you anything. The creme brulee was amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteBhaylu7Dined on 7/12/2014This is our new favorite special occasion restaurant. Incredible food, incredibly knowledgeable and patient servers. I consider it to be pricey ($125 with 20% tip for dinner and drinks for two) but what you're paying for is impeccable service, delectable food, and incredible knowledge of the entire staff (when I asked for a gluten free menu, they asked if I needed the GF menu or the *CELIAC* menu - that they even have one is impressive, that they know the difference and care to ask blew me away). Drinks, food and decor were creative yet relaxed. Getting the reservation was worth it, since the place was totally full when we got there.Special Features:
- Outstanding service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Vesta Dipping Grill - it's a fun place with delicious food and our waiter, Tim, was fantastic. He made excellent suggestions for both food and wine; excellent service.Special Features:
- Oustanding!TrulySatisfiedDined on 7/11/2014This was our second visit to Vesta Dipping Grill and were impressed yet again. Our waiter, Michael, was attentive, funny and thorough. We were celebrating a birthday and all night special chef inspired surprises showed up at the table for us all to try, at no charge of course. There is a different menu each season so we will definitely be return to experience them all. It is a bit loud in the restaurant, as it is very open, but you can tell everyone is having a wonderful dining experience. On Friday and Saturday nights the restaurant has established an arrangement with a local parking garage (check for the name on line) and validates your parking ticket down to $5. Just show your parking ticket to your waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service LackingKissaVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had the pork belly small plate and it was so tender that it practically melted in my mouth. We also had the skuna bay salmon entree and the duck. Both were flavorful and perfectly cooked. Finally, we had the vesta roll, which was also tasty but did not come out until we received our entrees. Which brings me to the downside of our visit-the service. He seemed to forget everything or just not be listening. I ordered a bottle of wine and he brought two glasses of wine. He didn't hear us when we ordered the vesta roll so we had to order it later and it didn't come out until our entrees. Then he forgot our desert wine and eventually a host delivered it. Great food, not so great service. But we will probably give it another try.Special Features:
- Jesse was excellentbirthdaygirlsDined on 7/9/2014From the moment we walked in, everything was perfect. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarDespDined on 7/5/2014Each course was phenomenal. Definitely try the pork belly small plate, it melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Had a fabulous time. We were celebrating a birthday. The food was outstanding and we had wonderful service. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014All the way around a perfect night ! The duck was the best I've had in years...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and great serviceJoeinColoradoVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great time at the Vesta dipping grill. Great food and great service, if you come to Denver you gotta try this.Special Features:
- Great!oliversommerDined on 7/4/2014We came through Denver on our honeymoon and had a really great time here. The food is wonderful and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly PleasantRestaurantReviewsDined on 7/4/2014We were recommended this restaurant from a family member and are very glad that we went. The flavors of the sauces looked so interesting and not too pleasant when reading them but tasting them... sooo good! With every bite we could choose a different sauce in which to dip our chicken (which was delectable all by itself). We were out of town and so glad to have received this recommendation. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- a fun datekatylouDined on 7/1/2014I took my boo here for his birthday and we had a great time sampling the sauces and enjoying the space, the service and each others company. The service was incredible - when they found out it was our first time, they were very helpful and friendly. They were chatty, but not overly so (can be a hard balance). They brought out extra sauces for us to sample and a terrific little sweet treat/candle for the birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousnnbelcDined on 6/29/2014I have gone to Vesta a few times and each time the food was fabulous. My wife is vegetarian and they were very accommodating. They have a new vegan menu, which is fabulous. I only have two gripes. The greens served with the vegan vegetable plate appetizer were very, very salty. I could hardly swallow them. The other vegetable were wonderful. I like that they also provided some protein with the dish and not just vegetables. The other gripe is they charged us double for one plate of the vegetable appetizer. It wan't expensive but I am not sure why one would charge double for this appetizer when all of the other apps are one price. The scallops were fantastic and the drinks amazing!!! We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Foodie heavenBoulderDinerDined on 6/27/2014I had clients in from out of state so the 4 of us had dinner and it was incredible. We started with caramelized mushrooms, a tuna roll, pork belly and shrimp. Everything was insanely good. I wanted more of the mushrooms for sure. Then on to dinner...I had the duck breast and really loved it. The waiter was well versed in all of the dishes and helped make suggestions for us. Great night. I wouldn't say the decor is as hip as some of the newer places, but I wasn't really paying attention to it because the food and service were so good.Special Features:
- Experience!goodfoodDined on 6/27/2014Our favorite thing about this experience was the experience! Our server never rushed us, yet we never had to wait for him to come by. The food was delicious and great for sharing! We spent about 2 hours there and enjoyed every minute. It did start to get a little noisy around 8pm, but it didn't bother us much. Delicious food, good wine, great service.Special Features:
- Great anniversary experiencePollyAtomicDined on 6/27/2014We tried this restaurant out for our 6th wedding anniversary and we were very satisfied. Our server was great and the food was tasty. The hazelnut pot de creme was my favorite dish (especially since they added a lot of extras for our anniversary). The cocktails were also very good. We ate early so we could go to the Chihuly exhibit at the Botanical Gardens afterwards and we had no issues finding a parking meter across the street. At 5:30 the restaurant was pretty empty. As we were leaving, the restaurant had filled out and was starting to get noisy. Their two-person tables aren't very romantic (which was fine with us, we wanted something casual) but they have these really cool private booths for larger parties.Special Features:
- cool spaceiamblasianDined on 6/26/2014awesome food. cool atmosphere. a bit pricey. there were some many people, one who sat us, one brought out water, waiter, and server. a bit confusing ;)I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerTammyDined on 6/22/2014We came in for an early birthday dinner after the game- though we weren't too hungry we shared the meat and cheese platter and the golden ponzu shrimp along with a couple of GREAT drinks, the well respected man and the Queen Bee- DEF recommended! Ambiance and service were both good, there weren't many people in at 6pm so everything was up pretty quickly. We would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time in denver!t13e13xDined on 6/21/2014Took my wife here for dinner during our recent first-time trip to Denver, and was blown away! She loves sauces and dipping her food, so I figured this would be the perfect spot to take her, and you guys did not disappoint. The service was impeccable, I believe his name was Michael, with his recommendations being spot on and helping us navigate our way through the meal. The food was delicious, as were the sauces that accompanied and paired with each course. Of course we loved the main course but the toffee pudding? One of the best desserts I've ever had. Also, do yourself a favor and get the Queen Bee martini...it's like taking a bite of fresh, heavenly alcoholic fruit. All in all, an incredible restaurant that suits an incredible city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Downtown DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014This hip well designed restaurant was not only a fun place to be but the food was excellent. Really impressed with the variety of wines by the glass. Outstanding blends and lesser known imports that were reasonably priced. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnaggsDined on 6/20/2014Amazing food. We ordered a variety of appetizers as well as the mixed meat and cheese board. Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. 2 ordered a steak, 1 scallops and 1 duck. We didn't even use our dipping sauces because the food was so flavorful. I would highly recommend this restaurant while visiting Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AZ FoodietravelerDined on 6/19/2014Excellent meal and service, a must try in Denver. Great old building its located in and we had a late reservation but it was still full until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.