Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: 3032961970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (207)special occasion (179)romantic (120)hot spot (92)good for groups (84)notable wine list (80)neighborhood gem (77)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- best in denverFavoriteDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I cant find a place nearly as delicious and woth the same atmosphere and service. We gave been coming here for over 10 years and we have never once left unhappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Vesta was one of the first restaurants I came to when I moved here over 13 years ago and it is still around, there is a reason for that. Every time I have been there since it has been delicious and worth the higher price tag. The scallops were mouth watering and cooked to perfection. My only complaint was our server:/ It took 25 minutes for us to get our first round of drinks after ordering them! The other girls in our party who got there shortly before us were finished with their first round by the time we had our first. All 7 of us had clean plates if that tells you anything. The creme brulee was amazing as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteBhaylu7Dined on 7/12/2014This is our new favorite special occasion restaurant. Incredible food, incredibly knowledgeable and patient servers. I consider it to be pricey ($125 with 20% tip for dinner and drinks for two) but what you're paying for is impeccable service, delectable food, and incredible knowledge of the entire staff (when I asked for a gluten free menu, they asked if I needed the GF menu or the *CELIAC* menu - that they even have one is impressive, that they know the difference and care to ask blew me away). Drinks, food and decor were creative yet relaxed. Getting the reservation was worth it, since the place was totally full when we got there.Special Features:
- Outstanding service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Vesta Dipping Grill - it's a fun place with delicious food and our waiter, Tim, was fantastic. He made excellent suggestions for both food and wine; excellent service.Special Features:
- Oustanding!TrulySatisfiedDined on 7/11/2014This was our second visit to Vesta Dipping Grill and were impressed yet again. Our waiter, Michael, was attentive, funny and thorough. We were celebrating a birthday and all night special chef inspired surprises showed up at the table for us all to try, at no charge of course. There is a different menu each season so we will definitely be return to experience them all. It is a bit loud in the restaurant, as it is very open, but you can tell everyone is having a wonderful dining experience. On Friday and Saturday nights the restaurant has established an arrangement with a local parking garage (check for the name on line) and validates your parking ticket down to $5. Just show your parking ticket to your waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service LackingKissaVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had the pork belly small plate and it was so tender that it practically melted in my mouth. We also had the skuna bay salmon entree and the duck. Both were flavorful and perfectly cooked. Finally, we had the vesta roll, which was also tasty but did not come out until we received our entrees. Which brings me to the downside of our visit-the service. He seemed to forget everything or just not be listening. I ordered a bottle of wine and he brought two glasses of wine. He didn't hear us when we ordered the vesta roll so we had to order it later and it didn't come out until our entrees. Then he forgot our desert wine and eventually a host delivered it. Great food, not so great service. But we will probably give it another try.Special Features:
- Jesse was excellentbirthdaygirlsDined on 7/9/2014From the moment we walked in, everything was perfect. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarDespDined on 7/5/2014Each course was phenomenal. Definitely try the pork belly small plate, it melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Had a fabulous time. We were celebrating a birthday. The food was outstanding and we had wonderful service. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014All the way around a perfect night ! The duck was the best I've had in years...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and great serviceJoeinColoradoVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great time at the Vesta dipping grill. Great food and great service, if you come to Denver you gotta try this.Special Features:
- Great!oliversommerDined on 7/4/2014We came through Denver on our honeymoon and had a really great time here. The food is wonderful and the service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly PleasantRestaurantReviewsDined on 7/4/2014We were recommended this restaurant from a family member and are very glad that we went. The flavors of the sauces looked so interesting and not too pleasant when reading them but tasting them... sooo good! With every bite we could choose a different sauce in which to dip our chicken (which was delectable all by itself). We were out of town and so glad to have received this recommendation. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- a fun datekatylouDined on 7/1/2014I took my boo here for his birthday and we had a great time sampling the sauces and enjoying the space, the service and each others company. The service was incredible - when they found out it was our first time, they were very helpful and friendly. They were chatty, but not overly so (can be a hard balance). They brought out extra sauces for us to sample and a terrific little sweet treat/candle for the birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousnnbelcDined on 6/29/2014I have gone to Vesta a few times and each time the food was fabulous. My wife is vegetarian and they were very accommodating. They have a new vegan menu, which is fabulous. I only have two gripes. The greens served with the vegan vegetable plate appetizer were very, very salty. I could hardly swallow them. The other vegetable were wonderful. I like that they also provided some protein with the dish and not just vegetables. The other gripe is they charged us double for one plate of the vegetable appetizer. It wan't expensive but I am not sure why one would charge double for this appetizer when all of the other apps are one price. The scallops were fantastic and the drinks amazing!!! We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Foodie heavenBoulderDinerDined on 6/27/2014I had clients in from out of state so the 4 of us had dinner and it was incredible. We started with caramelized mushrooms, a tuna roll, pork belly and shrimp. Everything was insanely good. I wanted more of the mushrooms for sure. Then on to dinner...I had the duck breast and really loved it. The waiter was well versed in all of the dishes and helped make suggestions for us. Great night. I wouldn't say the decor is as hip as some of the newer places, but I wasn't really paying attention to it because the food and service were so good.Special Features:
- Experience!goodfoodDined on 6/27/2014Our favorite thing about this experience was the experience! Our server never rushed us, yet we never had to wait for him to come by. The food was delicious and great for sharing! We spent about 2 hours there and enjoyed every minute. It did start to get a little noisy around 8pm, but it didn't bother us much. Delicious food, good wine, great service.Special Features:
- Great anniversary experiencePollyAtomicDined on 6/27/2014We tried this restaurant out for our 6th wedding anniversary and we were very satisfied. Our server was great and the food was tasty. The hazelnut pot de creme was my favorite dish (especially since they added a lot of extras for our anniversary). The cocktails were also very good. We ate early so we could go to the Chihuly exhibit at the Botanical Gardens afterwards and we had no issues finding a parking meter across the street. At 5:30 the restaurant was pretty empty. As we were leaving, the restaurant had filled out and was starting to get noisy. Their two-person tables aren't very romantic (which was fine with us, we wanted something casual) but they have these really cool private booths for larger parties.Special Features:
- cool spaceiamblasianDined on 6/26/2014awesome food. cool atmosphere. a bit pricey. there were some many people, one who sat us, one brought out water, waiter, and server. a bit confusing ;)I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerTammyDined on 6/22/2014We came in for an early birthday dinner after the game- though we weren't too hungry we shared the meat and cheese platter and the golden ponzu shrimp along with a couple of GREAT drinks, the well respected man and the Queen Bee- DEF recommended! Ambiance and service were both good, there weren't many people in at 6pm so everything was up pretty quickly. We would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time in denver!t13e13xDined on 6/21/2014Took my wife here for dinner during our recent first-time trip to Denver, and was blown away! She loves sauces and dipping her food, so I figured this would be the perfect spot to take her, and you guys did not disappoint. The service was impeccable, I believe his name was Michael, with his recommendations being spot on and helping us navigate our way through the meal. The food was delicious, as were the sauces that accompanied and paired with each course. Of course we loved the main course but the toffee pudding? One of the best desserts I've ever had. Also, do yourself a favor and get the Queen Bee martini...it's like taking a bite of fresh, heavenly alcoholic fruit. All in all, an incredible restaurant that suits an incredible city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Downtown DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014This hip well designed restaurant was not only a fun place to be but the food was excellent. Really impressed with the variety of wines by the glass. Outstanding blends and lesser known imports that were reasonably priced. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnaggsDined on 6/20/2014Amazing food. We ordered a variety of appetizers as well as the mixed meat and cheese board. Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely. 2 ordered a steak, 1 scallops and 1 duck. We didn't even use our dipping sauces because the food was so flavorful. I would highly recommend this restaurant while visiting Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AZ FoodietravelerDined on 6/19/2014Excellent meal and service, a must try in Denver. Great old building its located in and we had a late reservation but it was still full until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as expectedDenverRocksVIPDined on 6/19/2014Food was very good but service was poor and this surprised us because I had read many previous reviews where the service was rated as one of the best areas, plan to give them a 2nd chance soon and try the scallops!Special Features:
- great as alwaysPamelaDined on 6/15/2014Great food, excellent selection of sauces meaning different ones each visit with a changing main menu based on seasons make this place a go-to!Special Features:
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014I have tried to like this restaurant over and over again. Every time I come away with "Wow. That was not good and I spent way too much for it." It is fun to dip your food and try different sauces, but it was still bland! I will not be back.Special Features:
- Amazing Denver RestaurantChiBobDined on 6/14/2014Vesta Dipping Grill served one of the best meals my girlfriend and I have had anywhere. We are from Chicago and tried the restaurant based on the menu and concept alone. From the chef's taste to the perfectly grilled meat to the array of clever and flavorful dipping sauces, Vesta is a true gem.Special Features:
- VestaDined on 6/11/2014The food and service was great; probably perfect. My girlfriend remarked that the scalliops was the best meal she ever had. I had the prawns and they too were delicious. Curtis suggested I try the Strawberry Thyme and it was sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!ColoFoodLoverDined on 6/6/2014Delicious Food! The food is really tasty and the service is great! Very pricy though, so not a restaurant to frequent- but great for special occasions!Special Features:
- Loved It!!Food26Dined on 6/6/20144 of us went for dinner. The food itself stands alone and is exceptionally prepared and presented. The sauces added an extra special element and made it very unique and fun. The flavors of all the food and sauces are wonderful and varied. Service was excellent. Highly recommend it! We will be going back again when we return to Denver. We had the venison, scallops, duck, and beef tenderloin and went with the recommended sauces. We like the hot sauces and we also got the ghost hot sauce which was a winner too! They have a great wine and beer list.Special Features:
- Unique Excellent GemMindyLZDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I were in Denver for business and had dinner at the Vesta Dipping Grill. The food was excellent and the service was perfection. This is not a fondue restaurant, rather a place that has about 20 imaginative sauces that you can order (3 to a dinner) and dip your meat or fish in. The chef recommends sauces, however I deviated from the chef's recommendations and asked for the sauces that appealed to me. My husband had a delicious duck breast and I ate a scrumptious pork tenderloin. For dessert we shared the toffee pudding and I literally felt like licking the dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal we had in DenverLisaDined on 6/2/2014The food was so good -- everyone was still talking about it the next day. We shared several appetizers then had meals. The venison was very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night 6/1OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014The food was not what I remember from about 1 year ago. I had the Venison, medium rare. The meat portion was very small and it was medium well at best. The dish was on top of fries that tasted a little like McDonald's fries. The sauce was barely detectable. I worked downtown for several years until about 2 years ago and Vesta's was one of my favorite places to take out of town clients. The service is still great!...but the food....not so much. I asked my out of town clients if they liked their entree's (Pork Loin) and appetizer (flat bread with 5 sauces) and they both said, it was nice.Special Features:
- Always AmazingdininghickDined on 5/31/2014Vesta is one of our all time favorite, special occasion dining spots. If you have a HUGE appetite, Vesta is probably NOT for you. Reasonable portions that don't leave you feeling bloated, perfectly prepared. I judge my dining experience on how often I reach for the salt & pepper. As far as I'm concerned, Vesta doesn't even need to have them on the table. We WILL be back!Special Features:
- Amazing All Around RestaurantLTranVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is the place to go to celebrate all occasions. The food is amazing and the service is top notch. You can't ask for anything else when it comes to fine dining. The best in Denver!Special Features:
- YumJennMelDined on 5/30/2014Food was delicious. A little pricey for a young couple, but everything came out perfectly. We had a bit of a wait for food and drinks. Waiter never asked if we wanted a 2nd round after cocktails - I would have liked wine with my meal. Noise level a bit loud for conversation, but not terribly so.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014we arrived on time. our food took very long time to arrive. salads took at least 1/2 hr to come out. no bread until we asked. and then when food came my was lukewarm at best. not how i remember vesta from a few yrs ago. seems like you slipped several notches.:((( with the dessert it seems as 1 of the sauces lacked all of its ingredients, tasted like room temp cream. for 175.00 for 3 people i won't be back anytime soon. our waiter, i believe "curtis" saved the day!
- Simply Amazing.Skycop21Dined on 5/30/2014Took the wife here a couple of days ago for our wedding anniversary. The service was top notch, only to be outdone when the food showed up. Wow! The dipping sauces are unique and really delight and temp the taste buds. We shared the filet as the main course and it was awesome. While pondering over the dessert menu, our waiter brought ceremonial peanut butter cup treats (homemade) to the table. We were just treated like gold and the entire experience was fantastic. We chose a yummy wine for $80 and the entire meal with tip under $200. I can't wait to go back. My favorite Denver restaurant in the last 20 years, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A break from the ordinaryAspiringFoodie3VIPDined on 5/29/2014Vesta Dipping Grill was a truly unique experience and I will definitely be back. Eager service from all of the wait staff made the experience pleasant from start to finish. The concept of the restaurant, as the title implies, allows diners to choose an entree as well as sauces to accompany each dish. The sauces did a great deal to enhance the flavor without detracting from the original product. The sauce was not necessary to enjoy the meals! Both the Flatiron Steak and the Scallops were excellent. The scallops, specifically, were extremely moist and well sauced. After the meal, I personally went to the kitchen to thank the chefs. The only real detraction is the extremely dim lighting, although it could be seen as 'setting the mood'.Special Features: