Vesta Dipping Grill
1822 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Vesta Dipping Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vestagrill.com/
- Phone: 3032961970x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm -10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Brandon Foster
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events:
A word from Vesta Dipping Grill
Vesta, the Goddess of the Hearth, is the most beautiful of Roman divinities, bright and pure like the flame that is her symbol. Latins made Vesta a goddess who personified the earth and fire. She presided over the preparation of meals: Vesta was offered the first food and drink. The hearth conjures up visions of domesticity and peace, for the hearth is the traditional center of family life. It symbolizes warmth, security, and companionship a place for dreaming where it becomes possible by peering into the embers, to find physical and mental renewal and a place to discover the secrets of the future. At Vesta Dipping Grill, we have combined these themes to provide a unique dining experience. Vesta is simplicity, quality, comfort, life, art, scent, relaxation, taste, sound, and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vesta Dipping Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Vesta Dipping Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (206)special occasion (176)romantic (118)hot spot (91)good for groups (81)neighborhood gem (79)notable wine list (78)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very Good!!!BillybobVIPDined on 8/25/2014The dipping sauces for the pork were spicey and suited the pors well. Service was extremely good also.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week specialSharDined on 8/25/2014The fixed price menu (3 course/$30) was very good. There were four of us, and we sampled many dishes. Also choice the wine pairings ($15) which were good choices. We went early (5:00 PM) and the restaurant filled up fast. We'll go back for sure - they offer a fixed price menu every Monday evening. Interesting cocktail list too.Special Features:
- Great service.aaaaDined on 8/24/2014great service. great ambience. good food. lots of variety in dips, however this prevents the development in flavor of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was our 5th time there and it never disappoints. Food is always excellent, as is the service. Only restaurant that not only has a gluten free menu, but has a celiacs menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great food and atmosphere! We had a great time! Our waiter was wonderful-had a lot of fun with him! Make sure to try the white sangria! We will definitely be back! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceRobinLDined on 8/24/2014Absolutely blown away by the service. Responsive to our needs without being overbearing. Took time to explain, as it was our first time. Treated my 10 year old with great respect and made him feel like a big guy.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014I have always heard phenomenal things about this place so I decided to check it out for restaurant week. The shrimp and grits app was amazing and had great flavor; however, my entree choice was less then decent. I ordered the Korean Tofu with jasmine rice. The rice actually tasted a lot like the grits, it was watered down and soggy, and the tofu was burnt on the outside and super soft on the inside which made it really hard to cut through because it would crumble. My boyfriends pork tenderloin entree on the other hand was delicious. For dessert I got the ice cream sandwich and he ordered the peaches and creme float. His was delicious, but the cookies on mine were paper thin and tasted strongly of baking soda. I probably wont return.Special Features:
- WonderfulImhungryDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 10 for dinner at Vista on a Sarurday night durning restaurant week. I was very impressed with everything about the restaurant. Knowledgeable staff, even with one in our party who has a sever gulten allergy. Extremely attentive, they where on it when we needed anything. The food, was amazing. Meat that melted in your mouth, and sauces that where perfect compliments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vestpa Dipping GrillHandsomeSonnyDined on 8/23/2014One word. Fantastic!!!!!!! Take someone,or go alone... You will enjoy the experience,as well as the Fine,yes,Fine Dining!!!!!Special Features:
- Love Vesta so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is fantastic. I've been twice and have been blown away both times. Definitely go!Special Features:
- Food was amazingAVanDined on 8/23/2014We had a group of six, it was our first experience for all of us. The food was exceptional, even being from the restaurant week menu (often mass produced). The server was helpful and polite for almost the entire meal. We asked to have our bill divided by couples, apparently that meant if he couldn't remember who to charge it to, he added it to my tab. He didn't even come back to see if it was correct. We did not have a chance to correct the bill, management was ushering us out the door because they had people waiting for our table. We paid an additional $60 because of his mistake and had no time to finish our coffee. Perhaps if it didn't take 15+ minutes between courses we would have been done sooner.Special Features:
- SUPERB!luvitalyVIPDined on 8/23/2014There is nothing about our experience that could have been better. The wine pairings were spot on, food was excellent and service was attentive and engaging. Worth every penny!Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014One of the best meals in Denver in the past year. My duck was extraordinary, and the chicken was described as the best restaurant chicken ever eaten.Special Features:
- Top Shelf Food & ServiceCEK1961Dined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening with out-of-town friends at Vesta. Food was great....dips are clever and delicious. Wine list was extensive. However what really stood out was the table service. Numerous people came by to check on us, clear plates, bring coffee - all did so with grace and ease. They were unobtrusive, but exceedingly helpful. Haven't found service like this in quite a while. Great food & service. Well done!Special Features:
- Excellent!BBenderDined on 8/21/2014Great selection of meats and sauces. I tend to be a critic of quality and Vesta did not disappoint! I tried a bit of everyones - scallops were the best I've ever had, salmon was cooked to silky perfection and enjoyed peanut and siracha sauces, and shrimp was excellent as well with amazing flavored hummus! The meat and cheese place was tasty and generous and everyone was fighting for the appetizer of shrimp with the ponzu. It was definitely a treat and I will go back if I find myself in Denver again.Special Features:
- What a find!IdinewithCPAsDined on 8/21/2014I went in a group of 9 people and everyone was delighted with their food and the whole experience. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and the food was delicious. Each entree has three suggested dipping sauces but you can add or change them if you wish. I had the venison and I highly recommend it; I added the sweet onion BBQ sauce and that was my favorite. Other meals that were enjoyed by my group were the scallops and the tenderloin. The appetizers we had were the pork belly, shrimp, and Vesta roll and all were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Dining ExperianceDaBBQDined on 8/20/2014This was my first time to Vesta and would recommend. The menu is full of great selections that can be served with a variety of sauces for dipping. Great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience!BestdatenighteverDined on 8/18/2014The Vesta Dipping Grill is a wonderful dining experience, with incredible food and an even better wait staff. My date and I were greeted by the manager when we entered, and they had specialized menus for a variety of dietary restrictions. The service was both prompt and thoughtful, with the manager coming by to check on me and my date, and the food was some of the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend this restaurant, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food & servicezyx1Dined on 8/17/2014The service was excellent. The server offered suggestions and brought different dipping sauces as requested. The seating, ordering, food delivery. and dish clearing were all very timely. We had several appetizers, main courses and desserts and they were all excellent. There was a good selection of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and they were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousakb1987Dined on 8/16/2014I had heard great things about Vesta, but had to try it for myself. Typically I expect good food or good service, not both. But here, everyone from the bartender to the hostess, and our waitress, were all extremely helpful and friendly. The food was amazing, to boot. There is a wide variety and the sauces add a little something different to the experience at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing Sauce ParingstamacitaDined on 8/16/2014The dishes are amazing without the sauces and the sauces take it to a new level. I am one who would would like to have a little of everything on the menu and the sauces expand the tasting to 4 dishes with the sauces. The side dishes are as interesting and amazing as the main dish. We all agreed that the duck sausage appetizer was the best! The truffle flight desert was also interesting and surprising---one truffle was ice cream filled.Special Features:
- Welcoming staff!happydinerDined on 8/15/2014We were told there was a party scheduled soon after us and yet our waiter NEVER made us felt rushed. He was very relaxed and extremely helpful.Special Features:
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Unique approach to excellent choices. Pick your accents to accompany your entree. Knowledgable staff. Friendly atmosphere. All smiling faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!RenaissanceManDined on 8/12/2014Went here on Tuesday 8/12/2014 5:30pm, tables were empty, even though I had a reservation. We had the place to ourselves so I expected good service...and Matt delivered! It was our first time there so we asked for his opinion on many of our choices. As Matt said, "You can't go wrong with any of the Entrees", and he was right! We got the sirloin tips (not on menu, was a special) and the Korean BBQ tofu....YES I said tofu. Both were out of this world, most notably with the 3 choices of dipping sauces that accompany each dish. We also got 2 dessert dishes and shared them, again fantastic! By the time we left 7pm tables were filling up, which I felt enhanced the ambiance. Total bill with tax and tip was $109. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday SupperGrey11ADined on 8/11/2014Definitely go on a Monday- the prefix menu changes each week and is affordable: $30 for appetizer, entree, and dessert-- additional $15 for a FULL glass of wine paring with each course! The Monday that we went, the prefix entree was hanger steak. It was cooked perfectly, but I found the portion size to be too much for a 3 course menu and could not finish the steak (but hey, we definitely got our bang for our buck!). Service was excellent, with each glass of wine coming out just before the next course. Try as many sauces as you can! They're all delicious!Special Features:
- Best wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Seriously good waiter. He anticipated ours needs and was great at the menu explanations. He was also kind and thoughtful of the children we had with us.Special Features:
- DeliciousMrsOllieDined on 8/9/2014We've been wanting to dine at Vesta for a while and just haven't, until now! Food was incredible! Service was great. Overall loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BESTLuvFineDiningDined on 8/8/2014Vesta is a dining, ambiance, and overall experience gem. My ultimate favorite. NEVER lacking a pleasant experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDeniseDDined on 8/6/2014We started with happy hour here and were pleased that the drinks were very reasonably priced and not a watered down version of their regularly priced drinks. The food was fantastic (we both had the BBQ tofu). I wish they'd had more vegetarian options as their menu is very meat-oriented. Nevertheless, the pita and dipping sauce was fantastic as was the bread and garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was highly recomnded by family.903450Dined on 8/2/2014We have heard about Vesta from several people over the years and my daughter gave us s gift card to go. The service was fantastic and the food and the drinks were exceptional. I will also recommend the Vesta to our friends. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great Place and Awesome Food!JaybirdDined on 8/2/2014Some people had told me this was a fondue place- but it is not and why I chose it! The food is incredible and dips that are served with it are amazing. I recommend this to anyone who wants and enjoyable and different eating experience. Awesome!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem on Blake stDenverfoodloverDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I love Vesta - incredible fresh and innovative food and impeccable service. Worth every penny and then some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014Our dinner was absolutely amazing. My husband is hard to impress and he raved!Special Features:
- Wonderful, unique dining experiencePescaDined on 7/30/2014Such an interesting menu--very original and everything we tried was perfectly executed. There were 4 of us and we had the duck (superb!), prawns, scallops, and salmon. Everyone loved their meal. The service was great and all of the server's recommendations were spot on. We finished with the heavenly pot de creme with salted caramel ice cream--fabulous! Nice chic casual atmosphere although a bit noisy for my taste. Love the brick walls. Our friends are gourmands from San Francisco and they loved it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Top all-around experiencePGC1740Dined on 7/29/2014Vesta is known as one of the top restaurants in Denver. It deserves that recognition with it's well curated menu, very professional staff, innovative drink menu, and great ambience. The food was balanced perfectly between interesting and approachable. The menu wasn't overly extensive, which in my mind is always a good sign, but each option was very unique. I usually can make up my mind within a minute or less of looking at a menu, but Vesta had such good options that I had to ask for a recommendation. The staff knows their food and drinks very well, and are both super professional and friendly. My wife and I went for our anniversary and it was definitely one of our top two-three dining experiences in Denver in the last six years.Special Features:
- Delicious and uniqueangie1327Dined on 7/27/2014I really enjoyed my experience at Vesta Dipping Grill! It was fun to try different sauces that are available and I wish I could have tasted them all! The shrimp appetizer was delicious and the sauces complemented it nicely. Our entrees were delicious and perfectly prepared - I definitely recommend the beef tenderloin. The presentation alone was fantastic and the food tasted as beautiful as it looked! I was really appreciative to the informative and friendly staff as well. My only complaint is that I don't live closer, but certainly the next time I'm in Denver, I will be dining here again! What a fantastic treat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Great happy hour. Went out for a quick dinner before a show and it was busy and energetic even on Sunday night. Great location, excellent food and service...had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't forget the peanut buttercardio1Dined on 7/26/2014Parking can be a challenge, especially on a baseball night, but can be found within a block. The menu is predominantly locally sourced, and what is not local is unique to this restaurant. Changing with the seasons, you may not find what I had, but it will be excellent. A tuna roll, toasted uniquely, with great sauces. Venison, perfectly cooked, accompanied by the chef's choices of sauces to which you can add your own selections. Outstanding! Ah, the peanut butter truffle. Diet tomorrow and have the flight of 3 truffles made in house. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Once again FANTASTICdowntowndinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014What a perfect night, showed up a few minutes early and saw our requested table sitting there waiting for us. Perfect way to start a perfect evening! Great food and great service. The birthday women were quite happy!!Special Features:
- For the dippersbboo1182Dined on 7/25/2014It's been 7 years since I've been there and it was just as good as the first time. It's still too loud in there and I remembered that too. Our server knew the sauces inside and out and that just added to the experience. It think it was a little pricey for portion given but the food was really tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.