782 Queen St. East
Toronto, ON M4M 1H4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.table17.ca/
- Phone: 4165191851x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Sinopoli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: At Table 17 Restaurant we offer a wide range of group menus that will suit all your needs. From cocktail style menus to five course tasting menus for any occassion.
- Private Party Contact: Erik Joyal 4165191851x
- Special Events: Sunday & Monday night $35.00 three course Prix Fixe menu & bring your own wine with no corkage fee....
A word from Table 17
Table 17 has been serving Queen St east since the spring of 2008. Located just east of Broadview in the heart of Riverside, Table 17 is a continental bistro with seasonally driven menus, inspired by some of the very best local ingredients Ontario has to offer. Since 2008 our commitment to service and quality has helped forge rewarding relationships with our guests and suppliers alike. If you’re looking for an inspired meal in a casually refined setting, look no further than Table 17.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Table 17 - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Table 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (26)romantic (21)notable wine list (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- It was an absolute gem. We'dOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2009It was an absolute gem. We'd heard this place was good, but in a city like Toronto, that's not hard to achieve. However, the quality of food and service was absolutely fantastic, and the value was more than we could have expected. We dine out a lot in Toronto and aren't often impressed - and even when we are, we rarely would go back just because there are so many other places to try.l But we will definately be back. In addition, the atmosphere was cozy and comfortable, and sophisticated without pretension, we had a great time.Special Features:
- Love the Sunday BYOB! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/3/2009Love the Sunday BYOB! We had an early dinner reservation as we had our two children with us. Everything was terrific and the server was very accomodating and enhanced the experience...we will definitely come back.Special Features:
- The brunch & atmosphere atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2009The brunch & atmosphere at Table 17 was very good. The portion size could've been a bit more. Our server started out attentive but fizzled half way through.Special Features:
- The service and particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2009The service and particularly the meal at Table 17 was nothing short of amazing. The menu is a nice selection of interesting and well executed dishes with a limited number of side dishes balancing interesting ingredients off each other and all served by personable and knowledgeable staff. The Scallop appetizer and the Black Cod main dish are both a MUST HAVE and dinner was a very enjoyable experience overall. Table 17 will be a favorite of mine for a time to come.Special Features:
- the food and service was amazing..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2009the food and service was amazing.. just there is no music in th main dining room, it could really use some but that was the only drawback, must try the black cod and espresso tart, great wine list! We will deff be going back!Special Features:
- Kid friendly yfor brunch orOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2009Kid friendly yfor brunch or early dinner. Good for a romantic dinner, or a small and lively group for later dining. It's unusual that one place manages to pull off both. Our appetizers were fantastic. Definitely get the hotballs to share as an amuse bouche (despite the unfortunate name). We had a beautiful charcuterie plate and one of the best salads ever, roasted beets, green beans, blue cheese...gorgeous and creative. Of the mains, my fish was good, but my partner was not happy with the lamb. Our sides made up for it...roasted brussel sprouts with bacon vinagrette, and delicious, crispy frites...mmmm. Several diners got the special polenta dish which is put together right at the table by 2 servers. I would definitely try that next timeSpecial Features:
- Our first experience at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2009Our first experience at this restaurant was great! We went on a Sunday and did the three course prix fixe menu for $27 and BYOW with no corkage fee. You really can't beat that. The food exceeded our expectations for that price range and the service was wonderful. We were celebrating our anniversary and they really made our night extra special. Go!Special Features:
- Great spot for catching upOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2009Great spot for catching up with friends, and Sun BYOW and table d'hote is an awesome deal. The wine list is varied and unique enough to prompt us to order, even with our own bottle. Delicious, fresh, well-prepared and interesting food. Friendly, attentive service without being overbearing or feeling rushed. Got a bit loud as it filled up, but only due to cheerful noisy conversation, not annoying music. Great find, would definitely return.Special Features:
- Table 17 is a LeslievilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2009Table 17 is a Leslieville gem. The food, service, and atmosphere are sure to impress.Special Features:
- We had a very good dinner---wonderfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2009We had a very good dinner---wonderful service----priced right---we will returnSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed our dinner at TableDateNightDined on 2/7/2009I enjoyed our dinner at Table 17. I found the restaurant has a nice ambiance but was unfortunately somewhat loud. The food was excellent. I had the scallop appetizer which was beautifully done, followed by the pork tenderloin which was juicy and perfectly prepared. My companion had the beet salad which he enjoyed and followed by the black cod which he said was also perfectly prepared. The service was excellent and the waiter even apologized for the slight delay with the kitchen arising from everyone ordering at the same time. Given the quality of the food, it was well worth the slight wait. This restaurant is definitely worth a trip to Leslieville and we will be returning soon.Special Features:
- The restaurant was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2009The restaurant was amazing. The staff was friendly. The food was magnificent. The atmosphere was great. We loved our entire experience at Table 17. Wish there was a comparable place in the west end (Bloor West) where we live. The only downfall is that there wasn't really any option for a vegetarian or vegan.Special Features:
- We love Table 17-amazing food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2009We love Table 17-amazing food, proper sevice (an art that Table 17 takes seriously) and always a crowd pleaser. Consistantly fabulous!Special Features:
- I was quite disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2009I was quite disappointed with the restaurant. Firstly, I made a reservation well in advance and we were put in the very back of the restaurant beside a storage closet. Every time a table left a server would come and interrupt us to get supplies from it. Secondly, after I was seated, I waited a long time before the server came to the table. When he finally arrived he asked if I would like anything to drink while I waited for my friend, I asked for water and he never brought it to me. Thirdly, after my friend arrived it took another long while before the server returned, we ordered and the food arrived to us cold. This restaurant came highly recommended and was a real disappointment.
- it was great - the short ribsYummyyumDined on 1/31/2009it was great - the short ribs were amazing - I can still taste them and the parsnip puree was perfect with it. The spicy chocolate desert was recommended to us and was a delightful surpriseSpecial Features:
- After taking extra time toMozart1Dined on 1/31/2009After taking extra time to explain how I would like the strip loin to be cooked; rare to medium-rare (red through out with centre bright red), I was disapointed to find my steak was cooked "medium" with the centre pink and it was served having already been pre-sliced. Although the chef may think it looks pretty this way, I'm quite capable of cutting my own meat! I was also disappointed that their website menu was not kept up to date. The pasta main listed on their website is "House made tagiatelle with wild boar & tomato ragu", but they have changed it to a vegetarian main. There are too many other restaurants in Toronto for me to want to return for a mediocre food experience.
- Food was excellent and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2009Food was excellent and service is great. You need better music in the restaurant and bar. The Polenta dish is the best i've ever had.Special Features:
- Table 17 has a very NY neighbourhooOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/30/2009Table 17 has a very NY neighbourhood feel. It is a great Bistro with good food, good staff and an interesting wine list. It is an interesting place with an interesting clientele. Food is creative and interesting with a good mix of items for everyone. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The scallop appetizer was excellent as was the Black Cod main. Server let us set our own pace as we caught up with friends. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- The wine selection was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/30/2009The wine selection was good and I would recommend Table 17 as a place to enjoy a few drinks, however, I found the food "fair" at best. Steak was not cooked to my preference and my fiance's pasta was off.
- Best polenta in town. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/23/2009Best polenta in town. The steak frites and cod are also cooked to perfection, and the prices are very reasonable given the high quality of the food and experience.Special Features:
- experience was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2009experience was disappointing. food was mediocre - service was horrible, seating was practically on top of next table. was not even asked if interested in desert or tea/coffee - just brought the bill!
- Table 17 was a great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2009Table 17 was a great dining experience. Our waitress was excellent. Service was efficient but not rushed. Great atmosphere. The best polenta I have ever had!! And the hot balls...excellent. Will definetly go back.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. Went onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2009Very disappointing. Went on the advice of others as it is a "neighbourhood gem", but Table 17 failed on the food front. Dinner - Artichoke soup was excessively creamy, drowning out the artichoke. Black cod was served in a mushroom broth, but the fish was soggy by meal's end. The desert of quince crumble was a lump of muck. Food is average at best. Given the price point Nota Bene is far better value for the money. Service - ok, but given the restaurant has such an intimate feel I felt a bit ignored. A casual, "how are your appetizers?" was all the interaction I had with the waiter. They seemed a bit rushed as things picked up. On a +ve note the atmosphere has a nice eclectic bistro feel with an upbeat vibe.
- We were pleasantly surprisedJonefraserDined on 12/7/2008We were pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the food, ambiance and service at this fantastic local gem. I will be recommending this one to friends and familly.Special Features:
- While we had been lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2008While we had been looking forward to our newest edition to the Riverdale/Leslieville resto group i must report that both my wife and i were disapointed with the fare at Table 17. Both our mains were bland and somewhat over cooked. The table 17 salad was however a sucess and the service was attentive and excellent. Our Martini's were both great so perhaps Table 17 works better for drinks and lighter snacks?
- When arriving the table reservedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2008When arriving the table reserved was in a poor location and we asked to be seated one table over, which was much better. The food is excellent and exciting, however not worth the price for what was included on the plate. We were advised to order some side dishes, which is fine but keep in mind the extra costs. If ordering water, as them to leave the bottle on the table and you may want to check the costs. We do not intend to come back.