Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://poggiotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 4153327771x
- Hours of Operation:
Cafe Service: Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter McNee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer private rooms for 10 to 150 guests.
A word from Poggio
Poggio, from the Italian translation for 'a special hillside place', offers seasonal Italian cuisine. The daily-changing seasonal menu features locally grown ingredients and items from the large display wood-fired rotisserie and grill and wood-roasting oven.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Poggio - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Poggio reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (156)great for outdoor dining (142)special occasion (130)neighborhood gem (115)great for lunch (98)romantic (87)good for groups (78)notable wine list (77)scenic view (69)great for brunch (53)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (36)kid-friendly (25)late-night find (19)Show More
- Diverse savory menueem1Dined on 7/1/2014WE call Poggio REAL Italian food .. definitely the best in Marin/Sonoma County. Truly interesting and delicious menu selection. We dine @ Poggio at least 4 times/year. (we live in Sonoma County). The anatra salad I enjoyed was fantastic, one of the best duck dishes i've EVER eaten. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- MwheelerDined on 6/29/2014We had a difficult time hearing in the large boothSpecial Features:
- Menu SelectionshikerDined on 6/29/2014A pleasant, busy restaurant. For the group I was with, we found the menu rather "strange" - squid ink pasta, tripe, etc. We would have liked some more ordinary dishes. But for foodies it is probably wonderful.Special Features:
- mike1Dined on 6/27/2014We have been to Poggio a few times over the last couple of years. Each time the quality has gone down.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/26/2014The server was very abrupt and hasty, not warm at all. We had appetizer, main course, and dessert, but never asked whether we wanted coffee or tea and just brought the check. I would like to frequent the restaurant since we are in the neighborhood, but if their service is catered to tourists, then, I will have to reconsider. Thank you!
- Bravo!GlobetrotterDined on 6/25/2014Excellent pastas and divine Della Fattoria bread served upon request. Very nice ambience even in the fog and wind so typical of Sausalito. A neighborhood gem where both tourists and locals can dine comfortably and memorably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disaster of an Evening.CBranchVIPDined on 6/24/2014I choose this for a special going away dinner for a friend. We arrived on time at 7:15pm. We got some water and bread immediately. 15 min later we were served the wine we ordered. 45 min after we arrived we got our appetizers. I was told by the waitress that she put our order in late. The entrees came along 30 min after we finished the appetizers. My dish was completely wrong on the order, my friends dish was pasta with pig fat and no English Peas as the menu stated and then they tried to be nice by offering a second helping of the pig fat. They are unprofessional, not organized and made the evening a disaster. Also the table with six women celebrating a birthday party was so loud you could not hear normal talking.
- "Not as Advertised"BoboVIPDined on 6/24/2014The Tuesday Night Special was listed as Spit Roasted Leg of Lamb. What was served in no way resembled or tasted like Spit Roasted Leg of Lamb. The meat was drenched in a wine sauce that defied description and destroyed the taste. I have no idea what possessed the chef in the Lambs preparation and especially the presentation. We were required to order two portions and what was plated was enough for one. Thankfully ,our waiter never came to the table to ask our opinion of the dinner. Over the years we had been to Poggio on several occasions, but we will not be returning.
- What a dissappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014We have been to Poggio at least 5 - 6 times and have always thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Sunday was a complete and utter disappointment. My halibut was so overdone it tasted like sawdust and our service was non-existent. I mean, non-existent!
- Captain Tom MillerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I come to Poggio on a regular basis. The last 2 visits we were very disappointed in the service. For a restaurant that tries to be "high-end", I feel that the servers are lacking in knowledge. In October, my main course never arrived to the table. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and needless to say, this really dampened the evening's mood. On Saturday evening, we ordered our meal and the waitress forgot my wife's salad. Then at the end of the meal I was asked if I wanted a dessert menu, which I answered yes. But I never got the menu. Finally we just asked for the bill and left. I think you need to educate your servers a little more. Thank you, Captain Tom Miller (415) 367 - 5733Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and ambianceClutchCargoDined on 6/21/2014The first we ate there. It was because they were dog friendly. But it was also a delicious lunch. The next time we were in town we stopped for dinner. Killer pork chops. When you bring a dog you get an outside table which was perfect because of the view. The staff even brought out dog biscuits (for the dog). I would recommend this to anyone. Go for a great meal and people watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to PoggioMiksturDined on 6/20/2014Poggio is consistent, reliable and pleasant. It has a good atmosphere and efficient service. It is not gourmet food but well prepared and tasty. Overall: very well operated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistently greatSfsusan1Dined on 6/20/2014Food is always well prepared and hostess and bar staff friendly. A "go to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and Fun!LiveforItalianDined on 6/19/2014This was our second experience dining at Poggio and we were equally impressed as the first! Our first visit was just the two of us and we were struck by the delicious food and the low key yet elegant ambiance, and our awesome Italian waiter. Our second visit was with both sets of our parents and every single person at our table raved about the food and the vibe of the restaurant. We bumped into 5 of our friends the same night and they loved their experience as well. Poggio has a fantastic and varied menu with a twist on traditional Tuscan cuisine. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great as usualmosseeVIPDined on 6/19/2014Another fine lunch at Poggio. We do not visit often enough but take very opportunity we can. Poggio is a favourite for fresh innovative food well paired to enhance the flavour of all ingredients. Each of us had a different dish and all were enjoyed with gusto and compliments. Fine knowledgable service and a good wine list.Special Features:
- SolidAsheDined on 6/18/2014We have been going here for a long time. Had a bad spell years ago but after this week's experience the food shines again. YaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Marin!sfoldfoodieVIPDined on 6/18/2014Had a wonderful lunch at Poggio's on Wednesday and can only sing the praises of this place. More than anything else is the freshness factor-a great deal of the vegetables are from their own garden and it shows. Treat yourself to this amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- Repeatedly enjoy food and feel !!HappyDinerVIPDined on 6/17/2014~We have repeatedly enjoy the food and atmosphere of Poggio. It is consistently great, and the staff always makes you feel at home. Very recommended, and consider repeat visits to work your way through the tasty menu...Special Features:
- Great local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Delicious food, well presented. Classic cheerful brasserie atmosphere, friendly, lively and warm. Romantic lighting, quiet enough for easy conversation. Great for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Great menu with so many things to choose from. We cannot wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimsDined on 6/12/2014Always a great night out. The food is fabulous, the location superb, staff friendly and attentive. A regular spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentive servicefrannie50Dined on 6/11/2014My husband and I came for our anniversary. They moved us to a different table per hubby's request with no problem. Our waitress Farah was knowledgeable and very nice. We order appetizers, pasta and a main all of which came out in an ordered and timely fashion and all delicious. We ordered two desserts and later decided one was enough so we cancelled one. Farah thought we should taste both! so she brought both for us to try and comped both desserts. Really good food--especially the dayboat scallop app and the halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials are specialeagleeyeVIPDined on 6/10/2014We dined at Poggio on a Tuesday, drawn by an email indicating special lamb entrees as part of a fixed price menu. Wow, was it good. We loved the appetizers as well as the sliced lamb roast. The entree portions were generous. These specials are also well priced, although after before dinner drinks and a bottle of wine at dinner, no money was lost on our attendance.Special Features:
- Always greatMarkDined on 6/9/2014Have eaten here many times. Great menu, food is excellent , and an amazing location. Amazing to sit in the outdoor area and enjoy the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and so so foodWayneDined on 6/8/2014Our waiter didn't seem interested in serving us. We had to ask for bread twice. The fish for $28 was tasteless. Overall our experience was very disappointing for a restaurant with such a good reputation. We will not return.Special Features:
- Steak FlorentinePasta47VIPDined on 6/7/2014Although my wife and I enjoyed a pleasant evening at Poggio, we were extremely disappointed that they ran out of the steak Florentine. It was quite upsetting to see that such a popular item was off the menu by 830 on a Saturday evening. I guess next time we'll just have to make earlier dinner reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoggioFoodaliciousVIPDined on 6/6/2014We loved Poggio. The service & food were outstanding. Great options on the menu to please everyone.Special Features:
- Great Experience!ClaraandJimVIPDined on 6/6/2014My daughter and I had dinner reservations for 7:00 pm but were ready to eat earlier. The restaurant was able to accommodate us and made us feel very welcome. We chose 4 small plates (2 starters and 2 small size first courses), all of which were fabulous -- fresh ingredients, exquisitely prepared and nicely presented. The wine list was excellent and allowed for nice pairings. I most definitely recommend this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/5/2014Disappointing visit! Normally love Poggio, but on this visit although the little gem salad and the soft shell crab were good, the funghi pizza was so burned on the bottom that the flavor was almost obliterated. Also, the service was okay but not up to usual standards.Special Features:
- A bit of Italy in SausalitosedonaVIPDined on 6/2/2014Poggio has always been one of our favorite restaurants in Marin. It is the closest I have ever come to the restaurants in Italy. The food is always superb, the service outstanding, and the ambiance is is the best! Everything from appetizers to desserts are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premimum PoggioPastaDaughterDined on 5/31/2014Celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary without the little ones. We were there for two hours and the time went by perfectly. We were not rushed, had an incredible view of the water and boats and the food was amazing! We started off with a whole soft shell crab, then had risotto with mushrooms that was perfectly cooked and squid ink pasta with shrimp. Then our main courses were quail and pork chop. Everything was well seasoned and tender. Will definitely go back and probably even take the kids since they love pasta!Special Features:
- Food needs improvementqualityfoodloverVIPDined on 5/31/2014Lunch for 2, cocktails, salad, soup were good. But, when the rib eye steak arrived tough and thin it was a real disappointment. We mentioned it to the waiter to tell the chef. I hope he did because at the price of the steak you expect something tender. So we won't order red meat here anymore, but we'll try it again for other things and give it another chance, maybe. Over $100 for lunch you expect a good meal and the main course is the most important!
- Great Italian Food in SausalitoDebduendeVIPDined on 5/30/2014A wonderful restaurant! Food is very fresh and an eclectic menu. Breads are baked on premises and are delicious. Wait staff are terrific.Special Features:
- Excellent qualityPomanderDined on 5/29/2014Not only is the cuisine excellent, but they had the wisdom to install sound panels, so that you can actually hear across the table even when the restaurant is full. Each dish was perfectly prepared. I went there two nights this weeks to entertain friends form both Berlin and Milan, and each remarked on the high quallty of each dish. These included the pork chop with white polenta, grilled quail, calamari, chicken, salads & soups, and a remarkable carbonara which included perfectly fresh peas.Special Features:
- The following 1925 reviews are from the Poggio reviews archive.
- CharlesDined on 5/20/2014Poggio's food is authentic and brilliantly executed. The wait staff is professional grade. It's our "go to" place in southern Marin with out of town guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The Tuesday night set dinner was fabulous & fun to have someone else make the choices. It is served family style which was perfect for our group of six.Special Features:
- Sausalito StapleMariniteDined on 5/16/2014We are locals who periodically get a chance to eat at Poggio. Though they have outdoor dinning, we prefer a table right at the large open windows then you aren't so close to the cars and sidewalk. Food is very good and wonderful that they have half portions of pasta for us lighter eaters. Great place to take people from out of town.Special Features:
- Heavenly!s22kVIPDined on 5/12/2014Burrata was creamy; calamari are oak grilled, not deep fried. Amazing gnudi on beef ragout vied for best tasting pasta with the bucatini. We shared everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mother's Day TreatLovesgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014We had a very special server, Pola, who treated us like family! I was sitting at the table waiting for my son and husband ( a chemo patient who has difficulty walking) who were in separate cars, to find parking, as there was no valet parking available. I mentioned my concern to Pola, and she immediately found the manager who told me to call my husband and have him pull up to the valet parking and they would find a place for his car. As it turned out, my husband did find parking on his own, so we didn't need the valet parking after all. I so appreciated the kindness of Pola and the other woman! The food for my Mother's Day meal was spectacular, the service was perfect, and Poggio's has become my favorite Marin restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Went here for the first time on Mothers Day. Everything was amazing. The food was delicious and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.