Sofia Italian Steakhouse
1430 VFW Parkway
West Roxbury, MA 02132Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sofia Italian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sofiaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174692600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Warden
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: 3 course dinner Monday & Tuesday - $20 / person
3 course dinner Wednesday & Thursday - $25 / person
- Cross Street: Spring Street
- Public Transit: MBTA DIRECTIONS:
FOREST HILL MBTA STATION
Bus #36 (Forest Hills/VA Hospital) terminates at the Veteran’s Hospital on the VFW Parkway. Cross Spring Street, to 1430 VFW Parkway on the north bound side.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Valet Parking every Saturday
A word from Sofia Italian Steakhouse
Sofia is an elegant Italian Steakhouse providing an urban dining experience in a suburban location. A remarkable selection of wines by the glass are offered and wine is prominently displayed in the bar area. Sofia offers superior hospitality in a high energy atmosphere featuring an attractive classic decor. Our mission is to consistently provide every guest with a unique dining experience - delicious food, an excellent selection of beverages and wines and professional unparalleled service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sofia Italian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (49)romantic (46)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (14)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We have been to Vintage aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2009We have been to Vintage a few times recently. The food is very good and the atmosphere is great. Our waiter was wonderful and very accomodating. My only sour note is that the food came out too quickly. We ordered a cocktail and were planning to order a nice bottle of wine. My appetizer ( which was very good) came out almost immediately. Before I could order the wine and when I was only part way through my appetizer our main courses arrived---felt very rushed. In the future I would not place the entire order at once so that we could take our time and enjoy our dinner. On a positive note the new valet parking service is a real plus!Special Features:
- I loved it. I can't wait toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2009I loved it. I can't wait to go back. Food was great. Service was great. Wine was great. The bathroom was nicer than my house. Everybody there smiled at us and were very nice and professional. Great experience.Special Features:
- Kara was an excellent waitress.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2009Kara was an excellent waitress. She was very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Vintage was the perfect choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2009Vintage was the perfect choice for a first date. Not too formal, not too casual. The bar is beautiful, great spot to start the night. Our meal was excellent. Server was also excellent. Start with the Mussels, very good. Complimentary valet is good idea, use it. If things go the way I hope, Vintage may become "our spot".Special Features:
- The food portions were moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2009The food portions were more than adequate. I liked the fact that the main course was not overloaded with pasta. The service was excellent. The only fault was that it was very noisy. I would not recommend it if you wanted to carry on a conversation.
- Luke warm food made for aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/4/2009Luke warm food made for a less than expected night out. I had prime rib that was cold enough to show the fat as white. It must have been left over from the previous evening. My wife had a cold filet. If a steak is cooked to order how can it be served cold?
- Excellent food. Monday andChinobossVIPDined on 3/2/2009Excellent food. Monday and Tuesday is free dessert night. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The waiter was great. My husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2009The waiter was great. My husband ordered veal marsala and was served chicken marsala. The waier checked the order and it was ordered correctly, but the wait staff served the wrong meal. They rectified it by taking care of our desserts. We also asked for a candle on a dessert and even called ahead, but the hostess was unable to help us. The waiter took care of ity, but we had to ask him separately. Overall the food was very good. There was aparty of 6 two tables away that was extremely loud which was unfortunate, but after they left, the atmosphere improved. We would definitely go back despite the few issues we had.Special Features:
- Warm interior. Nicely laidOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/27/2009Warm interior. Nicely laid out. Waitress not super with wine list, but ok. Foor was excellent. Price much better than under prior management. Valet service a treat.
- Was very hopeful to find aCyrrobVIPDined on 2/27/2009Was very hopeful to find a new gem in the neighborhood, I was not dissapointed. My wife and I both enjoyed the evening. We shall be back.Special Features:
- It was great to have themOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/21/2009It was great to have them reopen. The food was excellent and the service was just OK. I do miss the Harvest Ravioli from the prior menu though.
- I had the Veal Oscar and itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2009I had the Veal Oscar and it was OUTSTANDING. The food was excellent. The wine was excellent. Our server was excellent. However, if you are not at a table yet, good luck getting acknowledged. The staff was a little busy, and they just kept walking by us and the host/hostess was no where to be found all night.Special Features:
- Went once to old Vintage once;MadelineDined on 2/18/2009Went once to old Vintage once; was not impressed so we never went back. Tried again when it re-opened. Waitress seemed inexperienced, but made an effort. 2 out of our 4 meals were good, the other 2 were VERY disappointing. Would not recommend/ will not go back.
- Wine list was mostly California,DeanJCDined on 2/18/2009Wine list was mostly California, not one Italian wine by the bottle on the list, surprising, given that it bills itself as ITalian American cuisine.
- My mom and I took my sisterpattyDined on 2/15/2009My mom and I took my sister here for her birthday. We had ordered a birthday cake with my reservation and were not charged for it. The food was excellant with large portions. I would definatly return again.Special Features:
- Three of us went to this localOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2009Three of us went to this local restaurant - my wife and I and our 20 year old daughter. The atmosphere is very nice - upscale, more steakhouse than Italian. We had been once before the change in ownership, and looked forward to seeing how it differed. The staff was friendly, the wine steward knowledgeable, but our waitress less so. We liked two of the dishes - excellent in fact - but the special fish I ordered turned out to be a small, overcooked and way overpriced item. I am not sure why... We would consider returning, but would stick to the regular menu.Special Features:
- It was a nice modern feel.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2009It was a nice modern feel. The waitstaff was attentive and polite, even on Valentine's Day. The Valet was free and was a nice touch on a cold night. The Calamari was okay, the scallops were cooked well, the only thing I didnt like the fried risotto. But overall I did like the restaurant, willing to give it a second shot!Special Features:
- To be honest, I have drivenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009To be honest, I have driven by Vintage a dozen times and have been very excited about trying the restaurant under its new management. Unforunately the experience left much to be desired. I understand it was Valentine's Day, so I was prepared for a quick dinner service to turn the table around but not as quick as it actually happened. We were seated immeditaely for our 7:30pm reservation and were back in the car at 8:17pm. After all the excitement about trying this new 'Vintage' I will never go back. I would compare the food and service to an upscale Vinny T's.
- It was a special night forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009It was a special night for me, as it was one year ago I was diagoned with cancer and now I am cancer free. It was a very nice place to go the staff was great the food fabulous couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you so much it was great LorettaSpecial Features:
- great valentines day restaraunt,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2009great valentines day restaraunt, the service was amazing, it felt like the waitress was only handling our table, as soon as we sat down we recorved water and bread, but best of all was the price of food, most of the menu was in the 12-18 dollar range, but the service we recieved felt like a much much pricier restaraunt, great placeSpecial Features:
- I ordered the steak and fries.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009I ordered the steak and fries. The fries were shoe string fries, cripsy and golden. The steak was a skirt steak, about as tough as one would expect the steak to be. However it lacked any real flavor. My wife order the scallops w/crab risotto cake. The scallops were very good, but the risotto cake tasted more like a crab cake gone bad. over all not a bad experience. We would go back to try more to the selections. The amiance was very nice. Not to bright not to dim. Nice bar setup.Special Features:
- Food & service was great. MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/13/2009Food & service was great. Menu has something for everyone & priced reasonablySpecial Features:
- it was alright. paid 23 bucksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2009it was alright. paid 23 bucks for 7 scallops...eh!Special Features:
- Our 8 yr. old had celebratedyokie123Dined on 2/7/2009Our 8 yr. old had celebrated his first reconciliation (1st time you go to confession) so we wanted to take him someplace special. Food was excellent (even though the waiter told us they haven't yet hired a chef...I don't think they need to). Waiter was friendly and helpful (husband asked if fish was fresh or frozen, he said fresh but then checked w/kitchen and found out frozen and was nice enough to come back to let us know - my husband switched to Porterhouse steak). Only complaints I guess were that we had to ask if there were any specials, very noisy and towards the end service was very slow - but I suppose it got busy in there (Sat. night). Oh, and they did bring back valet I guess just for wkends...just not needed in my opinion.Special Features:
- I had the broiled schrod withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2009I had the broiled schrod with rice and cauliflower.The food was fresh, well prepared, and not fussed over. Exactly what I like. My husband had the prime rib, mashed potatoes and cauliflower, caesar salad ,large enough for a meal in itself. Creme Brule for him, cookies and ice cream for me. Good choices but I don't like my cookies heated. The restaurant itself was clean, comfortable, I didn't feel rushed. The other diners, a group of 14 in our section talked at their normal tones but the low ceilings gave the noise a fuller sound. I would not recommend this restaurant for a romantic or special occasion date. Would recommend to a friend. Would go there again.Special Features:
- The food was great, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2009The food was great, and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- we thought it was great, willOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2009we thought it was great, will go back again many timesSpecial Features:
- Food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2009Food and service was excellent. Prices were moderate. We enjoyed our meal. The noise level, however, was a little loud. Reservations are a must on Sat night. We would go back there again.Special Features:
- I understand it's under newTiaADined on 1/27/2009I understand it's under new management, was hesitant because my first experience was so nice, however, Vintage still did not disappoint. From greeting to leaving it was worth it.Special Features:
- We had the grilled pork chopsDonaldVIPDined on 1/24/2009We had the grilled pork chops and they were great. My only complaint was that it was very noisy. They need to work on sound deadening methods.Special Features:
- Reasonably priced for theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2009Reasonably priced for the portion size. The menu has a great range for picky eaters and foodies alike. The cheese plate was wonderful and the steak frites outstanding.Special Features:
- The customer service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/23/2009The customer service was great and the food prepared very well. The wait staff made sure to answer all questions and was very attentive. I was with a group of 10 and every person felt as though the waiter was helping only them. You should go with a hearty appetite because you do want to tatse something from each course.Special Features:
- WE HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERALOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/22/2009WE HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES NOW . OLD OWNERS AND NEW OWNERS. THE FOOD IS ACTUALLY BETTER NOW AND THE PRICES ARE LOWER. I HAD THE RIBEYE AND IT WAS COOKED TO PERFECTION. THERE WAS SIX IN OUR PARTY AND EVERYONES DINNER WAS GOOD AS WERE THE APPITIZERSSpecial Features:
- Cocktails Menu needs work,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2009Cocktails Menu needs work, some of the mixes taste like medicine.Special Features:
- This was our second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/17/2009This was our second time dining at the new Vintage. We had a wonderful meal and a very attentive waitress.The bar area gets very crowded as the night progresses so I suggest either early or late seating for your dinner. Due to the snow this winter, the parking was not easy and we had to park in a back lot that was very very icy.Special Features:
- Vintage has re-opened andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/17/2009Vintage has re-opened and has down-scaled. The food was just okay, not very tasty. The waitress was not very attentive. It took a long time to get the original drink order and later, we had to ask for our water to be refilled (after waiting quite a long time with empty glasses). We preferred the former Vintage.Special Features:
- We were very pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/17/2009We were very pleasantly surprised - reservations were honored, the food was very well prepared and plentiful and the salad crisp and well prepared... We would definitely return again.Special Features:
- This is the new incarnationTheStewardVIPDined on 1/17/2009This is the new incarnation of Vintage. While they did not change the name, it is under new owners with a clear Italian flavor. Food was very good. Mostly simple dishes, but well done. Interior is unchanged from old Vintage. Try to get in one of the two private rooms. Otherwise, it is very noisy. Conversation can be difficult. Service was good, not great. Waiter did not know wine list, but bartender sent over a sample in response to question about a wine.Special Features:
- The best feature of the newOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2009The best feature of the new Vintage was it's employees. From the host/hostess to the bar tenders and the wait staff everyone was very professional, too bad the same could not be said about the kitchen. I feel Vintage has some areas that need to be addressed. First is the size of the portions not of the dinner salads, because they are quite large,but of the entree selections. A gentleman in our party ordered a Filet Mignon and it could not have been any larger than possibly 2 ounces.When we complained to the waitress she was at first reluctant to do anything about it,but upon our insistance she had another one prepared which was much larger. I had the salmon special,which while tasty,was also lacking in size of the portions.Will try again.
- Interesting that this looksOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/10/2009Interesting that this looks exactly like the old Vintage, just a different menu. Italian-focused but offering all kinds of other specials. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features: