101 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primeitalianmiami.com/
- Phone: (305) 695-8484
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Prime Italian
Upscale American-Italian sister restaurant to Prime One Twelve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Prime Italian - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Prime Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)hot spot (49)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (37)good for groups (33)romantic (28)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)scenic view (6)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Not my first time here. It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/17/2014Not my first time here. It's always great food. Kobe meatball is off the chain. The Proscuitto anit-pasto platter is good. The sea bass is excellent. I'm never disappointed when I go. Parking on the other hand, well, its South Beach. Valet, valet, Valet and save your self the aggravation. It's wll worth it.Special Features:
- This restaurant was recommendedSusiQDined on 2/16/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend who dines there whenever he is in Miami. The restaurant did not disappoint. Great food and atmosphere. Will come back whenever I am in Miami again.Special Features:
- Sat night outWiinejarDined on 2/15/2014Great seafood tower. Waiter oversold us on food, as entrees are large and can be shared. Waited 1 hour with a reservation.,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014People Who likes big portions would be more than happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014TIME TO BE SEATED I read all the reviews about people making reservations just to have to wait 1.5 hours to be seated. Therefore booked a 5:30 PM Saturday reservation to try to avoid peak times. Arrived 30 minutes late due to traffic and found the restaurant empty. Was seated immediately. By 7:00 PM, the restaurant was packed as was the sidewalk on front of the restaurant with people waiting. FOOD The food was wonderful. Loved that they had some creative options on their menu. They have a lot of Kobe beef options. Had a Kobe beef meatball as an appetizer. It was enormous and delicious. Could not finish it. Had a good Chicken Parmesan Soup. The Kobe beef lasagna was great. Portions are huge. Plan on sharing or taking left overs home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceYokiDined on 2/11/2014The food was great, the portions are pretty big we had to take food back home. I wasn't impress by the lychee Martini I had 2 and it didn't have any alcohol so if you like to taste alcohol in your drinks don't waste $15 on this one because it's a waste of time. I also didn't like to be rush on placing my order the waitress wanted to take our drinks order, appetizer and main course all at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine fit for royals!JennieDDined on 2/10/2014Wonderful food prepared to tantalize your taste buds! Family style portions for groups but for two, it's too much. Some prices are ridiculous for sides & pastas. Overall a special meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night delightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/20142 words Veal Parmesan! Food was superb. Had everything truffled. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRIME ITALIANBOBBYTDined on 2/6/2014GREAT FOOD GREAT WAITERS OUTDOOR SEATING GREAT VIEW OF THE SISTER RESTAURANT PRIME 112 AND THE REVIEW OF CARS THAT YOU ONLY SEE IN SOUTH BEACH ALL IN ONE GREAT SPOTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss Prime Italian restaurantDoreenDined on 2/2/2014Great Italian food. Huge portions so be careful not to order too many sides. One side can feed 4 servings. Delicious! A must try! Great service and pleasant atmosphere. Will definately come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner was GreattoobularVIPDined on 1/29/2014Besides making us wait for 30 minutes even though we had a reservation we had a nice evening. The food was very good.. steak cooked perfectly, pasta sauce and bread were amazing, Miami Heat cocktail was great. Overall we had an enjoyable evening on my birthday.Special Features:
- Cool PlaceEatongenVIPDined on 1/29/2014Very South Beach. Chic but warm and inviting. Husband and I enjoyed atmosphere, good service, and fine food. Loved the risotto. We shared salad and main. Took a box home. Good wine list. On our return to list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't rush me!WoodyVIPDined on 1/27/2014Prime Italian is one of my fav restaurants in SoBe. I go multiple times when I'm here for vacation. After two visits this trip, I have to say that I felt rushed and hassled at the restaurant both times . Finally had to ask that we not be rushed and hassled about placing orders, taking food and plates away before people were done. I wasn't the only person to notice it. It was particularly bad one evening but I will say once the table expressed frustration over the interruptions, we were allowed to enjoy our cocktails and food at an acceptable pace. I'll definitely go back. Will just be clear about why I'm there and not to be rushed. Food was great as always.Special Features:
- WOW!!TracyVIPDined on 1/26/2014First time there, won't be our last. From the cheesy garlic bread, sliders,veal parm, cheesesteak (beyond good ) and lasagna all were wonderful ! Service excellent and star sighting fun!!! You will not be disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014We really enjoyed taking our out of town guests to Prime Italian. We had great service from Amos and the food was also great. It can be a little pricey but the food portions are huge. The bread that they severved with the meal was also amazing. The place was packed on a Saturday night, but unlike others that had problems getting their table, we only had to wait 5/10 minutes for our reservation. The atmosphere was also great, we had a spot outside and enjoyed watching all the people on the street...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have the Meatballs!!MiamiFlGirlDined on 1/25/2014I usually go with the waiter's recommendation if I feel they are an experienced waiter. In our case, he was and his recommendations from start to finish were perfect. We had the meatball w/ ricotta followed by a nicely displayed sliced 30 oz bone in rib-eye. Perfectly cooked and so flavorful. The fried Oreos for dessert were like no other. A must if you still have room. Portions are for sharing here. Excellent service and great atmosphere. We sat outside since it was nice and cool that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Airheads OnlyHNM2VIPDined on 1/23/2014Huge portions of mediocre food for airheads and the men trying to impress them.
- huge portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/16/2014A very popular scene with huge portions and very able staff. The noise indoors is almost intolerable but the terrace is pleasant.Special Features:
- The menu may look expensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/16/2014The menu may look expensive, but most of the salads and many pasta can be shared. Food was outstanding along with very good service. It was easy to see why this place is always pack. We were seated on time 7:30, the place really gets going after 8:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazing meal. MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/14/2014Absolutely amazing meal. More food than we could possibly eat. It was tough to narrow down the many choices to decide on what to order. Strongly suggest sharing everything, including the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceAlitenssiVIPDined on 1/12/2014Sunday night, the service was horrible. The waitress was pushing us to order some wine or drinks and we wanted to have soft drinks. This is the second time this happens to me and this time I wanted to give it another chance .... will never go back there and will never recommend it either. Food was also very bad and without taste. For a place that portrays itself as "fine dining" it was same food taste as an "Olive Garden" chain. The only Italian in this place is the name!!!
- Food and service were amazing!!DebbieDined on 1/11/2014Food and service were amazing!! Good advice for our group of eight on what and how much to order. Such a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatballs EVEEERRRR!!!MELGDined on 1/11/2014The food was amazing I will be going over and over again, I LOOVED IT Huge portions and desserts are even biggerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much HypeLastTimeDinerDined on 1/4/2014Prime Italian would be a really good restaurant in any other city, but the expectation in Miami where restaurants like Scarpetta reside are for that Something Extra that makes it special. Prime Italian is good, but not special. Not overly expensive compared to others as well. We had reservations for 9:30 on a Sat night and got seated approx 10:15. 45 min delay is expected in any top restaurant in SOBE on a weekend night. Glad I went, but not memorable enough to fight to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is good, but we hadRobertaDined on 1/4/2014The food is good, but we had problems with the reservation. They said they reserved our table, but that is not true. We need to wait one hour to get a table. There was at least 40 people waiting for a table and they all had a reservation. So, I cannot understand why to make the reservation if you need to wait so long.Special Features:
- Amazing food but poor serviceMariaDined on 1/1/2014When we got to Prime Italian, we could not go to our table as the people we were dining had not yet arrived. We sat at the bar for a few minutes, had a drink and then proceeded to our table. We wanted to order a few things to share as appetizers but couldn't until we had the full order with main meal. Our waitress was rushing us and came back three times to take our order! She wasn't rude with us but let's say she wasn't full of joy. It's too bad because the food is so great at this place and you pay this amount of money for dinner, you don't expect to be rushed for no reason at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveFmilesDined on 12/31/2013Angry customers, some of whom had been waiting upwards of over an hour and a half and had yet to be seated, when we arrived for a late pm dinner. Hostess desk was 4-5 bodies deep w/ people waiting (and yelling) to be seated or at least checked-in. Took a half hour just to get to the hostess, an additional 30 before we were seated (for 2, not a large group). Made for an upsetting evening for a lot of folks. Food great, but poorly managed. Fundamental difference between "so-called" high end SoBe restaurants (which can take the transient nature of their customers, largely tourists) for granted and high end restaurants in cities like, NYC, Chi, DC, etc. Lesson: good food, but stay away during holidays.
- New Years Eve DiasterFoodieguy13VIPDined on 12/31/2013Arrived on time!!9pm NY eve table!! Perfect. Confirmed x3. Been there dozens of times and even cordial with owner!!! Arrived and greeted by squadron of cops!!! Who knows the truth ... Overbooked, out of control?? Barely acknowledged by staff. Wait time predicted to be 45 minutes. Total chaos! By 10:30 pm no table but promised one soon. What a crazy scene. Poor excuses from harried staff. Not acceptable from one of Miamis finest resturanteurs. We will join the growing list of citizens to revoke his permi to operate. At 12:30 AM she said we could be seated ... Really... And a drink on the house. Happy New Years Myles. From your SOFI neighbors we wish you the best and hope you vacate our neighborhood soon!
- RidiculousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2013This was the absolute worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant. My husband and I came to prime Italian last year for New Year's Eve and had the most wonderful experience. This year it was very far from that. We had a reservation at 9:00pm. When we arrived to the restaurant there was such a chaotic line that it took us a half hour just to check in with the hostess. When we finally were able to check in the hostess told me it would be an hour and a half until we would get seated. That would put us at 10:30 pm to sit us down for dinner with a reservation? Completely unacceptable! We'll no one ever came to get us because there was no system in place. No pager or texting us when our table was ready. What a system!
- Final supperKeHallDined on 12/30/2013This was the perfect venue for our last night on our family holiday to south beach. The menu was extensive including a great pizza and pasta section for kids. Our server was very knowledgeable and was attentive without being overbearing. Would highly recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patience !!!!!!Msjl8itallVIPDined on 12/28/20139 of us booked a table for 7:30 a month in advance. In the height of winter break. In south beach. What time do you think we were seated? 8? Guess again. 8:30? Keep going. 9? You're getting there. The correct answer was 9:30!! A full two hours later!!! Why did we wait??? Well....we had drinks and apps at the bar and laughed at how nuts it was in that place. Our laughter was subdued only intermittently as we gobbled down truffle Mac and cheese pizza -amazing, calamari and great cheese bread that they serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. Shared the veal parm with the wife and of course the meatball with ricotta &marinara sauce that sat on a bed of risotto. Food was great. Wait was insane. Will go back but only in off season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Italian did not disappointThewineguyDined on 12/27/2013Recommended and lived up to words. Large portions bring appetite or share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions go earlysocialbee3VIPDined on 12/27/2013Restsurant is beyond popular. We had a very early seating and got seated right away. By 7:30 restaurant is packed! Meatballs and fried oreos amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as usualstevenVIPDined on 12/26/2013usually the service and food are impeccable....but on this night we showed up right on time fro our reservation...we had to wait over an hour to be seated....food and service was not at good as it usually is...Special Features:
- Worth the wait?Jmb1VIPDined on 12/26/2013Arrived on time for a 9 pm reservation and was told at check in we wouldn't be seated for at least another hour- what was the point in taking my reservation? Once finally seated,after more than an hour wait, the waiter took our order immediately and was friendly. Food was delicious and plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never go there during the holidaymandiDined on 12/26/2013Very over rated, over crowded, over booked. Some took 2 hours to be seated with a reservation. The service left much to be desired. Our bread came with no napkins or utensils on the table. 10 minutes before our waitress arrived. The food was average. They had run out of their staple Turkey Meatball (one of the reasons for our visit) we sent back both side as they were ice cold. The chopped salad was yummy as was the nutella bread pudding for dessert. All in all quite a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- DEF. not woth the wait!milliVIPDined on 12/26/2013We arrived 5 minutes late for a 7:30 res. on Dec. 24th. It took me 15 minutes to get to the check in podium. It was packed with people who were waiting or just checking in. We were told that they were over booked and tht since weree late it would be a 30 min wait. I explained that it took me time just to get to her. Everyone was told they would have to wait at least a half hour. I had also confirmed my reservation that day with a phone call. We ended up waiting one and a half hours!!! Not acceptable.!! We live in NY and have travelled all over the world going to the finest restaurants. This resturant should be ashamed of themselves. Not even an apology or drink offered. I would never go back and would not reccommend to anyone!!
- AbuseAriesVIPDined on 12/24/2013Waiter gave us a $155 pasta with 3 huge lobster tails for 1 person. This is an abuse since it was market price. Why put 3 huge lobster tails?
- DisappointedGourmandVIPDined on 12/22/2013We had a 7:30 reservation and were not seated until 8:30. Although the food is fabulous, it was hardly worth the wait with a hungry group. The servers were as accommodating as possible, but the hostess could not be bothered with us or our reservation time.Special Features:
- Just okMarcVIPDined on 12/18/2013An average experience and at South Beach prices. Chef needs to up game!