122 East Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.latour-vail.com/
- Phone: 9704764403x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Après 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: 5:30 pm-10:00 pm nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Ferzacca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering availability is limited depending on time of year and size of group. Restricted to small dinner parties at private homes with kitchen facilities.
- Special Events: From a memorable rehearsal dinner or private party to business meetings with style, La Tour Restaurant provides all the private dining services for your next party. With lively sustainable cuisine from Chef Paul Ferzacca, our outstanding food makes your next event deliciously distinctive.
Our highly experienced team will gladly work with you to create a menu customized to your event.
La Tour consists of four distinct dining areas. Each may be reserved individually or in any combination and seat up to 12, 27, 36 or 40 people.
- Cross Street: Village Center Rd
- Public Transit: If you are riding the Vail Bus, please get off at either the Solaris or Bridge Street stops. If your arriving by Eco Transit or hotel shuttles get off at the top level of the Vail Transportation Center and walk down the steps to your right. We are located directly across the street from the West end of the Vail Transportation Center.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park in Vail Village Public parking structure. Parking is free after 3pm daily. Park on the far west end of the Vail Village Parking Structure and exit by foot. This exit is named Crossroads. We are located directly across the street from the Crossroads exit.
A word from La Tour
La Tour Restaurant has been voted the best restaurant in Vail since 2006 by the Vail Daily Readers Poll and is conveniently located in the heart of Vail Village directly across from the west-end of the Vail Village Parking Structure.Chef Paul Ferzacca’s modern French-American cuisine is famous in the Vail dining scene. Utilizing the best organic, natural and sustainable products available, La Tour is known as the restaurant "Where the chefs eat."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
La Tour - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
La Tour reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)special occasion (47)romantic (44)great for outdoor dining (41)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Interesting creative optionsfoodie1Dined on 3/13/2014Interesting creative options but should have gluten free bread and crackers to go with gluten free menu options. These menu options were incomplete not having the proper accompaniment. Otherwise delectable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Food FindGAinFLDined on 3/13/2014We really enjoyed La Tour. We took our 5 year old twin boys and sat by the window. The service was wonderful and the food was tasty. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Everything was 10 out of 10OrtleyGuyDined on 3/11/2014I had seen a few recent bad reviews on social media, but all proved wrong. Surf and Turf was excellent, but the scallops were simply outstanding. Spouses had sole, also excellent. Service was very attentive, but never bothersome. Overall, highly recommended. Not inexpensive, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014It was nicely lit, our service was prompt and timely. I arrived hungry and was filled up perfectly after I left: the kale salad was absolutely delicious, very organic, and the chicken panko was one of the best dishes I have had in Vail. The flavors blended really well. We also had the dark chocolate/avocado mousse. However, you can get much heartier dishes as well. Altogether I loved it. I will probably return to get the chicken again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as usual but priceyGDMMDVIPDined on 3/8/2014Despite reservations, we waited 15 minutes before being seated. That was the only negative of the evening. The food, as usual was great! My salmon was spectacular and my wife's duck delicious! Service was quite good and despite the crowd the delivery was well paced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and staffJuliTuliVIPDined on 3/8/2014I can't wait to get to Vail to enjoy La Tour. It is ALWAYS on my list!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerSeanHDined on 3/7/2014My favorite restaurant in Vail. Amazing food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Save space for dessert!PablosalglezDined on 3/4/2014Yes, the food is great!!! But you must save space for the "PB&J" dessert!!! It is outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Pretentious without qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2014All effort is made for a luxurious dining experience except the food is mediocre and the service is horrible. The hostess spent at least a half an hour preparing a table seating for four next to us, moving and measuring distance for the chairs and table. I wish more effort was placed on the quality of service to us, as guests. We had to ask to have our water glasses refilled while the dance of preparation of the table next to us occurred. This was a terrible let down given the rave reviews read on line. This is my first review and my very first negative review. I had some wonderful dining experiences in Vail and unfortunately this was not one of them. I cannot recommend this restaurant nor would I ever return.
- DisappointedSpaladyDined on 3/1/2014My girlfriend and I stopped in Vail to do some shopping and eat at La Tour, since it has a great reputation. Reviewers recommended the lobster bisque, so we started with that. It was very bland. I asked for salt, and had to use a healthy amount for it to taste like anything. The escargot was delicious, though it needed a touch of flavor. The sauce it was in though was outstanding. We ate it with our bread. We also ordered the short rib sandwich, which was equally as bland. Salt could not save the dish. We chose to have desert elsewhere, afraid to have another bland dish come to our table. On the positive side, the waiter was great and very knowledgeable about the wine list. The hostess was also very nice.Special Features:
- FabulousCsebestyenDined on 2/28/2014We went here with another couple and had a fabulous dinner. Between us, we ate lamb, surf/turf and vegetarian dishes. They were all outstanding. The service and sommelier were both impressive. Great wine recommendation that paired perfectly with our meals. I would highly recommend La Tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodHvickDined on 2/28/2014Everything we had was very good, particularly the escargot and the milk chocolate pot de creme for dessert. It was a pretty mixed crowd, including families with small children, couples and larger groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine French in a cozy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2014Enjoyed a pleasant dining experience with an attentive waiter. The wine list was not overly extensive, but had a good range of selections in each category. The entrée options are limited, but this allowed for more detail and consistency for the staple menu items. The lamb and chicken dishes we ordered were very good, and they were not oversized so as to fill you completely before dessert and coffee, a pleasant change from today's experiences at other restaurants.Special Features:
- The place was bustling whichxxxxVIPDined on 2/27/2014The place was bustling which was probably the root cause for our somewhat mixed dining experience as the staff was struggling to keep up with it. The food could have been great but the main course was luke warm when it arrived at the table. They offered to "warm it up again", but I'm not expecting warmed up food at a place like La Tour. The duck which I had ordered as medium done, following the chef;s recommendation, was basically raw. My husband's lamb which was supposed to come as medium rare was well done. Wine and water glasses was never replenished. In summary, the place has all the ingredients to be a great restaurant. But they need to invest into more and better staff to live up to the expectation set by price level of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely understaffed resultingthekhouzDined on 2/25/2014Extremely understaffed resulting in very poor service
- Not goodDanielDined on 2/25/2014Because of the great reviews I thought I was going to have a great dinner. I was wrong. Even though I had a reservation it took a while for us to seat on our table. Then we had to wait another 6 minutes for the waiter. The food was not that good. Although the sashimi was tasty, the chicken was too overcooked and dry. I don't recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationBirthdayGirlDined on 2/25/2014We had a special 6 course chef's tasting menu. It was incredible. Each course was prepared perfectly and served graciously. I even had the opportunity to thank the chef in person! What a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place in VailbuttercupDined on 2/25/2014My favorite place in Vail for the past 15 years!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2014While the menu is a bit limited, the food, its presentation and time in between courses showed that everyone from the front to the back of the house took pride in what they served. Save room for desert also! When our waiter got busy with new tables, he made sure that we were not neglected by having the hostess help him. Also loved the bronze statues on each table! Made for conversation as each table had something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My french bf said it was great foodNormaGDined on 2/22/2014And I agree. This was our second visit to Vail and we didn't want to let pass the opportunity to try La Tour. The recent reviews that said that the restaurant isn't as good as in the past made me a bit hesitant but I went ahead and booked a table for Sat night. We loved every dish we tried at La Tour. We have been to several French restaurants in the US and the experience at la tour was fantastic. It was my first time there but I cannot imagine it could be better in the past. Perhaps, they have already fixed the problem of the transition and have gone back to have the same amazing touch as in the past. Make sure you book in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedsteelerguyDined on 2/22/2014I have a hard time understanding the great reviews this place has. I had a reservation and yet was still seated 20 minutes after that time, better than the people we talked to at the bar that had been waiting an hour. We were then seated in the front room, which is kind of small and you feel like you are more on display than in the actual restaurant. Then it took forever for a waiter to get to our table. This would have all been just fine if the food was stellar. It was not... The buffalo steak was good but very thin, the lamb was overcooked, and the ravioli extremely undercooked. Simply put, this place is not deserving of the rave reviews it gets. Perhaps an off night? Won't be back to find out.Special Features:
- we have enjoyed many greatOrlando1VIPDined on 2/22/2014we have enjoyed many great meals at La Tour in past years. We were very disappointed on this triip.. We made our reservation a month ini advance. We had a crummy table, could barely hear each other speak, felt very rushed as the restaurant wanted to turn the table. We felt like those waiting for a table were dining with us! They were literrally standiing next to our table. So many people at the entry area - we struggled to get our coats from coat room and had to put our coats on outside as there was no space in doors. Great restaurant but a very disappointing evening. Suggest booking reservation not on weekend when maybe it won't be so crowded or insist on a table in the main dining room instead of the front diring room.Special Features:
- Oo la laKaby2Dined on 2/22/2014Easy to make a reservation, great service, tasty food friendly, hiighly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding everything!KristenVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food, service & ambiance are all winners at La Tour! Highly recommend & can't wait to return. Surf & turf was cooked to perfection! Lobster bisque was superb & the salads (kale and the beet) were so flavorful & amazing! Truly wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic eveningJoePVIPDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I have eaten here once annually for a date night the past couple visits to Vail and thoroughly enjoy our meals. This year after missing last year due to our son's visit to Vail ER, I included a special request for an especially romantic table and the hostess staff was thrilled to accommodate! We were seated near a window overlooking colorfully lit ice sculptures for my view and my wife had the view of the entire room. I had the Buffalo sirloin special which was tender and deliciously marinated, served with twice baked potato. She had surf and turf with tender filet and fresh scallops. All was wonderful and the dessert trio was a delicious finish to lead us into the rest of our date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous FoodMayorSalesDined on 2/21/2014La Tour offers an excellent meal, lovely wine list and great service. A gem of the Vail area and Vail has many strong dining spots. Go there!Special Features:
- Excellent ChoicejimbDined on 2/18/2014Booked reservations based on reviews and website - and everything was great. All four guests really enjoyed what they had and the service was terrific. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy weekend so servers weresbeatsDined on 2/16/2014Busy weekend so servers were challenged. Food was creative and delicious as always. Pricier than other restaurants in the area so we go on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Day DinnerIcbeckycVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was wonderful. I was worried not knowing anything about Vail. I checked reviews in several places and the were all right. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disapointmentFLSkierDined on 2/14/2014They jammed too many tables in for Valentines Day. The back of my chair was touching the back of the chair at the next table and when they were served, the server had to lean over me - really? Wow, no water refills, drink refills came only once, no one asked how our meal was, we were jammed in and when the waiter cleared the dishes, he scraped and stacked the plates table side. When the manager stopped by to ask about our meal, he had no interest in my feedback. When I told him I thought the food was good, but the claustrophobic feeling in the dining room destroyed the experience, he simply said oh, ok and walked away. This is the second time I have had a bad experience there - will not go back.Special Features:
- GrrrrrreatBrankoDined on 2/13/2014I teach French at this restaurant during their Wednesday apres so when I came in with my lady we were welcomed very warmly and met a good amount of students from my French classes. The food was then awesome, awesome, and the entire night felt very special. That was perfect since this was our anniversary, and we ended up staying at LaTour for over two hours. Great dishes, great service, great ambience, great location, great time.Special Features:
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/12/2014Dined here many years ago, still one of our favorites in Vail. Had a lot of appetizers, the oysters were amazing, as was the Kimpachi sushi (hmmmm......). Service was attentive and just right. Loved it.Special Features:
- Not up to expectations...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Waitress was robotic (not friendly/not unfriendly). Escargot was worth the price, but the Buffalo was extremely grisly (should have sent it back). The Skuna Bay salmon appeared farm raised. However, the waitress explained that it was wild, but raised in a pen??? Was there for anniversary, but wouldn't go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites, butRichardVIPDined on 2/10/2014Service was a bit rushed....before we finished our cocktails, our salad was delivered, and moments after our salad plates were removed, our mains arrived... A bit cold. Just seemed they were turning tables rather than providing a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of VailOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2014We were in Vail for 10 days. A few hits, for the most part good food. However, La Tour was a step above. From drinks through desert our taste buds were delighted. Great service, lovely atmosphere! Will absolutely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They should know better!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Recent dinner at La Tour disappointing on a number of scores. Booked ahead but when we arrived they hastily pulled 2 tables together to seat 4. A noticeable noise problem directly above our table shrugged off as the heating system. Sommellier was knowledgeable and helpful (eg: local wines) and starter absolutely excellent however all entrees really disappointing. Two of them were barely lukewarm - all were underwhelming and did not live up to the description. We didn't make a fuss, but when asked 'how was the meal?' and using my tepid meal as a starting point - just received a snappy 'well you should have told me before and I'd have brought you a new one'. Much more hype than substance. (And yes we are discerning global gourmet diners.)Special Features:
- A favorite in VailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014La Tour provided a great experience from start to finish. On the specials list was a Bouillabaisse that was outstanding. A delicious broth with perfectly cooked seafood, and a very nicely grilled piece of bread. The lamb dish was a nice new take on lamb, with a traditional chop, nicely grilled, along with a lamb ravioli and lamb sausage. I found the sausage the least interesting of the three, but still tasty and well-cooked. Even the dessert (Super Food Dark Chocolate and Avocado Mousse) was interesting and perfectly crafted - an often overlooked part of the meal. Don't be fooled by the laid back appearance and relatively subdued interior - this is one of the best restaurants in Vail.Special Features:
- Outstanding restauranttrav1Dined on 2/5/2014La Tour is one of our favorite destinations for dinner in Vail. The food is delicious, the service is great, and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Crowded, Stressed Out WaitstaffSkiandScubaFanDined on 2/1/2014La Tour has long been a favorite restaurant in Vail. Imagine our surprise when our table for two was squashed in between two tables of six, and the waiters had hardly any room to move between them. The food was good, but service took so long we decided against dessert or second drinks. We felt bad for our waitress who tried so hard to please everyone, but clearly had too many tables. People left without getting served. Too many people standing around in the bar area and the entrance waiting for a table made us feel very uncomfortable. The coat check was overflowing. Does the new manager think that cramming so many people into the restaurant is a good thing? Not to us. We will regrettably strike the place from our list of faves in Vail.
- Great service and refined foodLauraVIPDined on 1/30/2014With the snow gently falling outside, the ambiance indoors was comfortable, relaxing, and warm. The service was excellent -- unobstrusive, yet attentive and friendly. We were greeted by a welcoming hostess and immediately taken to our table. The waiter let us get settled then brought menus and a wine list; the wine list was very reasonable. The food was excellent! It was flavorful and thoughtfully prepared and presented. The rosemary bread and sourdough bread were freshly baked and served with room temperature butter sprinkled with Hawain sea salt. The lobster bisque was the best I've ever had -- flavorful and silky rich. The entrees were even better. The chef's attention to detail sets it apart from many resort restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.