Cassis at the Grand Hyatt
3300 Peachtree Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cassis at the Grand Hyatt
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandatlanta.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 4043643933
- Hours of Operation:
Cassis Restaurant offers a contemporary menu, with a Southern flair, inspired by the culinary talents of Executive Chef Thomas McKeown. Enjoy selections from our grand buffet or a la carte menu for breakfast and exquisite lunch menu daily. Cassis offers holiday meals for the entire family. Join us for Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving,Valentines and New Year’s Eve Breakfast - Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday 6:30am – 11:30am, Lunch – 11:00am – 2:00pm Daily Onyx At The Grand - Bar&lounge is a great place to enjoy friends and colleagues after a long meeting or flight. Enjoy your favorite cocktail, martini, imported or domestic beer, or wine in view of our 30’ waterfall in the beautifully landscaped Japanese Gardens. Choose one of many freshly prepared appetizers or Entrees.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas McKeown
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy an unforgettable celebration at Grand Hyatt Atlanta. Located in the heart of exclusive Buckhead, our facility offers more than just a ceremony and reception. It's a chance to gather with friends and family, partaking in all that Buckhead has to offer, from world-renowned spas, restaurants, and shopping. Whether you desire a casual reception or a formal gala, allow us to make your event the experience of a lifetime, with services including wedding specialists, a tempting array of food and beverage, and your choice of venues throughout the hotel, including indoor and outdoor.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities include the Cascade room and Cassis A and Cassis B, both overlooking the patio and 30 foot waterfall located in the beautifully landscaped Japanese Gardens. The rooms are conducive to receptions, dinners, or business meetings, lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Chirichella 4043643933
- Special Events: Holiday Brunches - Easter, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Chef's Tables, Special Valentine's Day Dinner.
- Cross Street: Piedmont
- Public Transit: Convenient access to and from Marta Transit's Buckhead station which is less than one block away. "The Buc" shuttle also provides convenient, fast and frequent service throughout the Buckhead community 7am - 7pm, seven days per week.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet and self parking available. Self Parking is validated with a two drink minimum in Onyx Lounge or Cassis.
A word from Cassis at the Grand Hyatt
At Grand Hyatt Atlanta, enjoy a selection of dining options that delights every palate. For breakfast and lunch, select Cassis Restaurant, featuring contemporary cuisine with a southern flair. Join us in Onyx Lounge with business associates and enjoy premium cocktails, spirits, and wines. Choose from a variety of imported and domestic beers and microbrews. Treat yourself to a plate of Spicy Chicken Wings or Mediterranean Platter at Onyx. For breakfast or lunch, you can easily make your reservations ahead of time with our innovative E-concierge service. Simply book your hotel reservations at www.grandhyattatlanta.com and request an email confirmation. You will receive an email from our General Manager, detailing the many amenities you may reserve in advance of your arrival. Reserve a private dining room or request that the hotel concierge book tickets to an area attraction. Our concierge will be happy to assist you with any other reservations you may needContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cassis at the Grand Hyatt reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- We had a party of 11 on EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010We had a party of 11 on Easter Sunday and it was absolutely wonderful! I had never been to Cassis and was very surprised at the beautifully displayed buffet, the variety of foods, and the detailed presentation from the salads to the desserts. It was a lot of fun for the kids too!Special Features:
- Very disappointing. AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009Very disappointing. Atmosphere was kind of bleak as it was in the lower level of the hotel and it did not provide sufficient light into the room nor could you see or hear the "attraction" of the water falls outside. The expensive menu was a poor choice of pre-selected items. Soup was too sweet, salad was nondescript, and vegetables were too hard. The turkey was a salted "manufactured roll" that was sliced. Gravy and cranberry sauce had to be from a can. The sizes of entrees were out of proportion as we got over sized sweet potato and salad bowls. Frankly one of the worst dining experiences we have had in Atlanta.
- For the amount of money spentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009For the amount of money spent for lunch, I thought the food would have been of a much better quality.
- A great experience overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2009A great experience overall. Lunch was served quickly, but didn't feel rushed. Great, attentive service.Special Features:
- Awesome - we've "brunched"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2009Awesome - we've "brunched" at Casis for the last 5 or 6 years for Mother's Day - always very delightful!Special Features:
- Went for Mother's Day brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2009Went for Mother's Day brunch, and the food was absolutely fantastic. I didn't like that it was on the lower level, but there's a nice waterfall setting. Not enough sunlight in our seating area.Special Features:
- Took a future bride thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/4/2009Took a future bride there for lunch. It was my first time visiting for lunch. I was a little disappointed in the lunch menu. I felt the menu selections were slim so I chose an overpriced burger($14). I would have tried something else but felt it was risky to pay the price and perhaps not like it.
- We went to Cassis for theirOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2009We went to Cassis for their Easter brunch. It was very kid friendly, and had a nice array of food choices. I would definitely recommend it for Easter or Mother's day.Special Features:
- The food was great for a buffet.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2009The food was great for a buffet. Though, there weren't many choices. However, the service was horrendous. It pretty much ruined our chances of returning for $35/person.
- We were there at 10:00 amtoomuchtroubleVIPDined on 2/15/2009We were there at 10:00 am for brunch and they were not prepared for the number of diners that they had. They ran out of scrambled eggs twice that I observed, out of bacon at least once. Coffee service was slow because they kept running out of coffee. Buffet not that impressive - limited choices.
- The food was poor and veryjohnnygVIPDined on 2/14/2009The food was poor and very over priced. This could be due to the fact that it was Valentines day but that is still not a reason for the poor quality.Special Features:
- The service was slow. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009The service was slow. We had 9:00pm reservations. When we were seated by the hostess it took several minutes for the waiter to come over. We asked to see menus (both food and wine) and had to re-ask again. The wait staff was not communicating as we saw four tables get served the dessert course twice. The food was luke warm. The two couples that arrived after us had an even longer wait time!
- Service was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2009Service was very good and presentation was excellent. However, the price was a bit high for the quality/originality of the food. The restaurant was also lacking in personality; it is in essence a darkly-lit ball room with tables, not much more.Special Features:
- Good food but very expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009Good food but very expensive. They only had the Valentine's set menu so maybe on a regular night it is more reasonable. Check out the online menu first.
- I ate here on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009I ate here on Valentine's Day with my girlfriend and was very disappointed. It was a set menu ($90 a person) and the food was bland and uninteresting. It reminded me of what you get to eat for dinner on a cruise (i.e. it looks good on the menu but the execution was poor and seems mass prepared). The waitstaff was polite and tried their best, but there were too few waiters working too many tables. Overall, I wouldn't have paid half as much if I knew how medicore it was going to be. For a $180, you expect alittle better. Now I know why reservations were so easy.
- service very bad-notice othersOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009service very bad-notice others complaining-would never din there again.
- The service was beyond wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009The service was beyond wonderful. The staff was very attentive to our every need. The breakfast bar was great and the staff was very efficient in making sure everything was filled. The staff made you feel like you were the only one in the restaurant. The customer service was outstanding. Thanks Cassis for making my Valentine Day special.Special Features:
- My dining experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2009My dining experience overall was great. It was my husband's birthday and the restaurant was actually not crowded or noisy the day before valentine's day. We are vegetarian's and our entree was excellent! So we enjoyed the experience and the wait staff was very pleasent and attentive!Special Features:
- Limited menu selections. FreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2009Limited menu selections. Free dessert for special occasion.Special Features:
- A nice quiet place, pleasantHjB0JhBVIPDined on 1/20/2009A nice quiet place, pleasant wait staff, good food. Three hours from beginning to end is a bit long; The kitchen is a little too slow. We would go there again when we have the time and the money.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful butgavisitDined on 12/12/2008The food was wonderful but we were disappointed that there was no one in the resturant...if was very niceSpecial Features:
- I took a friend to CassisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2008I took a friend to Cassis for a birthday dinner; the staff was great, the ambiance was romantic, and the food was outstanding. I will dine at Cassis again when in the Atlanta area.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theSeafoodloverDined on 10/20/2008The food was excellent, the service was excellent, the view of the waterfall was wonderful. The problem with this restaurant is that we were the only people in it. When my husband and I go out to dinner, we really want to see other people. If there would have been four or so tables filled with people having an enjoyable dinner, I would not even mention this aspect. It is weird going to a restaurant in a busy hotel, with staff and chef waiting to take care of you, and no one else was there.Special Features:
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/24/2008The service and food were good. However, we were greatly disappointed that the jazz band was not there. Cassis advertises a "jazz brunch" with a live band, but there was no band. Big disappointment, but otherwise, service and food were good. The selection of food choices were limited, but appealing. Overall, brunch was good minus the band factor.Special Features:
- A real find. You don't expectalwaysoutVIPDined on 7/19/2008A real find. You don't expect such an outstanding restaurant in a hotel, Everything was excellent and the service was especially notable. We will definitely dine here when we are next in Atlanta whether we are staying at the Hyatt or not,Special Features:
- The appetizer was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2008The appetizer was outstanding! The menu is rather small but good. The server was extremely knowledgable about averything on the menu including the drinks. Definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2008Food was fantastic and the service was wonderful! We had a great evening!Special Features:
- Using mobile web, everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2008Using mobile web, everything was outstanding. The food was very good, but when the kitchen ran out of 1 entree, they reduced the selection to the remaining entree versus getting creative.if Cassis wants to be standout, make me feel special by being creative in that moment. Just a suggestionSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed the dinner: a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/20/2008We enjoyed the dinner: a nice and quiet evening. The restaurant should note that valet parking should NOT be considered part of the restaurant. It cost $14 to valet park. That is abominable and should ALWAYS be told and noted in large print on the website under parking. Yes, it was noted that valet parking was an option, but this is completely atypical of 98% of valet parking while dining. Sadly, this colored our entire experience.
- Food was good but not outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2008Food was good but not outstanding. Presentation of the food was very good. Service was very good all around. Unfortunately, got there too late on a rainy night to see the waterfall area well.Special Features:
- The menu was limited and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2008The menu was limited and the food was mediocre. While our server was very nice and attentive, he was not very polished or professional. I would not reccomend this restaurant to friends nor would I return. That's not to say that I had a bad experience, it just wasn't memorable.Special Features:
- The servings were not tooOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2008The servings were not too large. The pricing was very nice. The server was extremely knowledgeable about his wines.Special Features:
- Great food and service! AnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2008Great food and service! An unknown gem, as most diners are hotel guests. This place should advertise to the public.Special Features:
- The service was exceptionallyAndreaDined on 4/23/2008The service was exceptionally good. I eat there whenever I have peers flying in from the NE to meet with me. The service is consistenently very good. I appreciate the attention to detail. I have a gluten allergy and the chef and server made sure I had a perfectly gluten free meal.Special Features:
- Although the LIVE smooth jazzOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2008Although the LIVE smooth jazz band is a nice touch - it was TOO LOUD for such a small space. Either turn the volumn down or go with music in the background over speakers. We came to catch up with relatives from out of town and had to repeat LOUDY several times what we were saying. Some people go to restaurants to catch up and talk. HOw can you accomplish that with loud music blowing in your head?Special Features:
- We received a marketing announcemenOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2008We received a marketing announcement through Open Table about Cassis. The email describe a chic, romantic decore with a Japanese theme and a waterfall in the restaurant. Reality was a very dated, non-romantic, typical hotel decore style, dried up/non-functional waterfall. The service was average with a nice buffet spread, but very much overpriced compared to other restaurants in this price point in Atlanta.Special Features:
- It wasn't hard to figure whyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2006It wasn't hard to figure why they offered 1000 dining points here. We were the only ones in the place, and the service was OK at best. The romantic waterfall that was advertised was little more than a fountain in a small courtyard adjacent to the dining area. The food was not very good either. Very dissappointing!