2350 Railroad Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cioppinoofpittsburgh.com/
- Phone: 4122816593
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Greg Alauzen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cioppino will bring their kitchen to yours! Customer menu proposals can be prepared within a day!
- Entertainment: Featuring the Best in Live Acoustic Rock Every Thursday and Friday and Live Jazz Every Saturday in Our Bar Lounge Area! Visit our separate onsite Cigar Bar featuring (20) of the top (100) cigars sold worldwide. The rich mahogany surroundings and indulgent leather seating allows one to relax and unwind while enjoying their favorite cigar, after-dinner drink or specialty cocktail. Two large plasma televisions embrace the walls for the sports enthusiast. Full Seasonal Menu available daily.
- Cross Street: 23rd Street and Smallman
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Cioppino offers FREE validated parking in the building parking garage as well as COMPLIMENTARY VALET PARKING after 5pm Daily at Our Entrance Located On the Corners of 23rd Street and Railroad Street Off Smallman Street in the Historic Strip DIstrict of Pittsburgh.
A word from Cioppino
Cioppino Restaurant & Cigar Bar features a seasonal menu with a focus on fresh seafood & chophouse fare, local produce and livestock. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free selections are available upon request. Happy Hour is available Monday through Friday, 5pm to 7pm, and offers $5.00 select house wines by the glass, ½ off all draft beers and a delectable bar food menu. Live Music every Thursday - Saturday. Certified Sommelier onsite to assist with your wine selections. Private Dining Available for Groups of Up to (50) Seated Guests As Well As Large Standing Cocktail Receptions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cioppino - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cioppino reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)fit for foodies (27)romantic (25)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Finally what we've been looking forPghphotogirlDined on 12/31/2013I typed a stellar review which was 3000 characters but apparently it was like 2500 characters too long. So what I will say is this... This place is amazing and you will not be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsAnonyDined on 12/27/2013Everything we had was incredible; chowder and goats & greens salad to start, sampler of seared tuna, scallops and gnocchi to finish. Wish we had room for dessert because we've heard great things about the pastry chef. Everyone from Chef Alauzen to our waiter and bartender was professional and attentive without being obtrusive. Bonus: the cigar bar after dinner for a nightcap and cigar. We'll definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Without a doubt - new favorite!cait628Dined on 12/20/2013Starting with dinner for our double date night on a Friday night and continuing our evening in the cigar lounge... it was overall a perfect night. The shrimp appetizer was HUGE and the filet entree I had was one of the best I've ever had. The wine expert suggested a wine for our meals and it was definitely a perfect pairing. Our service from start to finish was flawless. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as alwayselveeDined on 12/12/2013One of the most underrated restaurants in Pittsburgh, I never leave without saying it was one of the best meals I've eaten. Staff is helpful and friendly without being overbearing, and everything I've ordered has been delicious. Try an appetizer/starter from the daily specials. And order the crab cakes at least once, both for the crab and the side of mac & cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, we wantedKatzrnDined on 12/11/2013Wonderful food, we wanted to try everything. Service was outstanding. We plan on going back when we have another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but NOISY.rbciaoDined on 11/23/2013We liked the food, the staff was absolutely outstanding, but the music from the bar was TOO LOUD. Also, we thought the place was chilly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac and Cheesemgeorge1995Dined on 11/21/2013Oh my goodness, the mac and cheese is outstanding!!! The live music in the bar area was nice. I wish I would have known that the bar area would have been more fun to sit in for a date night rather than the dining room. They were both nice, just the dining room was not as fun as the bar area. It was great I would definitely go back and recommend to a friend. You must try it once :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So close to greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/21/2013I like Cioppino a lot but frequently find it lacking in the small ways that make the difference between a good and great restaurant. Wobbly table, garnish left off appetizer, a plate of beige crabcakes with beige pasta - no visual interest at all. Service is usually great.
- Above and beyondJoeDoo22Dined on 11/19/2013I am in the food industry and this restaurant is a gem. I would recommend this place to anyone all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food Horrible EverythingElsecocoyumyumDined on 11/13/2013Even with a rez, we waited over half hr for our table. When we arrived, they told us 5-10 mins. Then ~15 mins later, they told us they were busing our table. That took another ~15 more min. When we sat, there were several OTHER clean tables open! Main dining area was very cold and the smell of cigarette smoke was dizzying. We let our server know about the wait which was an op to turn the nite around and yet, she made it even worse. Everything took so long: getting water, retrieving our wine, clearing off the app plates (there was at least another 15-20 mins bet. this and our main entree). and finally it took 30 mins to get our check. the place wasn't even crowded. only 2 people came after us. place you visit once and don't tell others aboutSpecial Features:
- Hopefully, temporary disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013This is the third time we've been to Cioppino's, and it is one of our favorite PIttsburgh restaurants. This time was somewhat disappointing. A number of greens in one salad were 'rusty', and while most of the dishes were tasty, a few of them that arrived for our party of four were lukewarm. Finally, I ordered a glass of wine to come with my main course, and even after reminding the server when the main course arrived, it showed up when I was close to finishing the meal. Hopefully these miscues are temporary and Cioppino lives up to our previous experiences in the future.Special Features:
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2013Complementary valet parking made for a great start. The valet, hostess, bartender, waiter, and service staff were awesome. Our meal was the greatest, perfect from beginning to end. We especially loved having our guest of honor's name at the top of our menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit to CioppinoCioppinoDined on 11/4/2013This was my first visit to Cioppino's and it was a very enjoyable experience. It was also a huge bonus to find out that Monday evenings are 1/2 off select bottle of wine night. We tried a $140 bottle of wine for $70 that I am not sure we would have tried otherwise. It was excellent. Being a seafood lover, I had to try the Cioppino and it was amazing......the chef makes a wonderful perfectly flavored sauce that the waiter poured over the stew right at the table. My guest chose the Ribeye on the waiter's recommendation and this was not only cooked perfectly, but it was marbled just right and the flavor was amazing. I will be taking the girls there for Monday wine night and appetizers as well as going back for some Cioppino often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This my my groups first visitJaspinnyDined on 11/2/2013This my my groups first visit to Cioppino and we all thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was delicious and the restaurant had a great ambiance with a lot of energy, which was very fun for a Saturday night out with a group of friends. I would definitely recommend this establishment to fiends and plan to do so and return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent!KevinVIPDined on 10/31/2013Greg and his crew are the best. Food wine and music are always a hit. Well done!Special Features:
- Great Night OutMelissalynn3Dined on 10/26/2013We enjoyed a delicious meal with friends. The food was amazing and the wine selection was outstanding. Our server was excellent. The chef even came to our table. Very personable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaySuncrestDined on 10/19/2013Good location, adequate adjacent parking, matured clientele, servíce with a smile. Although upper-end pricing, the experience is good. No need to be concerned about the newsworthy complications that occurs with life in other parts of the atrio district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST restaurant in Pittsburgh..LuckygirlDined on 10/12/2013Cioppino is by far, the BEST restaurant in Pittsburgh. I dine out a great deal and have been all over Pittsburgh & can assure you that this provides a top dining experience! The food is fresh, dishes are simple yet innovative and the ambiance rivals any top Chop House in Las Vegas. Do yourself a favor and dine at Cioppino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with everythingrdwarrior3614Dined on 10/12/2013Very good restaurant. We went for an anniversary dinner and had a excellent service and a great meal at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pittsburgh dinner!JdawgNJDined on 10/9/2013Went with a group of 9 for a work dinner on a Wednesday night. The food and service were both wonderful. Everyone in our party truly enjoyed the experience and would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone visiting the Pittsburgh area! The Ciappino and Ribeye were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip spotFoodieDined on 10/9/2013Not only was our server Ron informative but he was extremely attentive, knowledgable and made the experience of Cioppino come to life!! The food was delicious. The scallops were perfect and the lamb the best I've ever had! A must go!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were SO appreciative ofJulesVIPDined on 10/5/2013We were SO appreciative of the absence unix - real or piped - in the room. We were able to have a great lively conversation without yelling. Our waiter was terrific. Wine was good. Gnocchi was terrible but the other entrees were delicious and the Mac 'n Cheese was superb. A very nice spot for a good, meal with good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lamb is a must!TerrijaneDined on 10/5/2013The lamb entree is fabulous and I loved the crabmeat appetizer. Our server was busy when we initially sat down. We had to wait for a little to order our drinks. After that he was spot on and had wonderful service for the rest of the night. The bar had a live band playing but the restaurant was still quiet in order to talk. The only thing I didn't like was the location of our table. I don't like when restaurants have two top tables sitting right beside each other. The shared bench seats feel like your almost dining with everyone beside you. One can easily overhear the other tables. That being said I would definitely go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealDanaVIPDined on 10/4/2013We had a really lovely evening...except that the floor was slippery and two of us fell! The good was great. The sommelier was so helpful and spot on... We relaxed and enjoyed the food and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really like this placeOzzyDined on 9/30/2013Went to Cioppino's for an anniversary dinner with my wife. The atmosphere was wonderful, and the food was excellent. The house speciality "Cioppino" (mussels, fish, shrimp, clams) was amazing. My wife and I spoke the next day while at work and thought about going back for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2013This is our favorite restaurant. They do everything perfectly. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pittsburgh Has a Winnernbrains2VIPDined on 9/28/2013Although I grew up in the Pittsburgh suburbs, I now live in suburban Philadelphia. Each time I visit Pittsburgh I hope to find a restaurant that equals the quality of our many fine dining spots in Philadelphia. Well, look out Philly, Cioppino, matches any of your favorites. This new on the scene Strip District beauty stuns from entering the dining area to the dazzling presentation and outstanding food. My entrée of seafood linguini had perfectly prepared mussels and clams in their shells and cooked to perfection shrimp over an al dente pasta with fresh sauce. Everyone at the table marveled not only at the amount of seafood on my plate but at their shared tastings. I can't wait to visit Cioppino again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteItalioanoDined on 9/21/2013This Restaurent consistently provides a good atmosphere and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around fun evening, yummy foodcasablancaVIPDined on 9/14/2013We introduced friends to this fun spot and they've added it to their list of restaurants. We enjoyed cocktails and ate dinner in the bar, while listening to a superb jazz group. Excellent service and food.Special Features:
- Great 1st AnniversaryOpenTableDinerDined on 9/14/2013We celebrated our first wedding anniversary here and it was a fantastic experience. Upon our arrival the hostess congratulated us, throughout our meal so did the sommelier, our server, several members of the waitstaff, and even the chef. The restaurant prepared a personalized menu for our dinner. The food and wine were fantastic, the service was impeccable and we were surprised with a complimentary desert. I've eaten here before but this was my wife's first time and she was very impressed. Normally we rush through a meal but we ate, drank, conversed for nearly three hours and never once felt rushed by any of the staff. It was a great night and we couldn't have asked for a better venue to celebrate out. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantdinerpgh34Dined on 9/13/2013I had been to the cigar bar once before, but this was my first time to the restaurant. The food was tasty. I highly recommend the calamari. Probably the best I have ever had. Our server was professional and attentive. Very good service. Nice lighting and overall pleasant atmosphere. Our only complaint is the band that was in the bar area. It was SO loud when we walked in that we skipped having a drink at the bar and instead went to the restaurant tables in the back (we had a reservation). However even seated in the restaurant all the way at the back, the band was still so loud, it was hard to hear each other at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go. That's all I can say.IeatOutDined on 9/7/2013The title says it all folks. Go and experience this place for yourself. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The spinach salad and crabLuv2EatDined on 9/7/2013The spinach salad and crab cake dinner were outstanding! I can't wait to go back, it's so hard to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good venueTBTRVIPDined on 9/6/2013My friends and I recently dined at Cioppino and were met with a very attentive staff who was knowledgeable about the menu and respected our wishes to not be rushed. However, the only downside of the meal was the salmon was bland and not warm when served, so we had to send it back. The other two dishes were also not at desirable temperatures, but we were able to eat them without sending it back. It's always a negative to do that, so I would just say that the food was alright, but could have been better if served at more suitable temperature. I would go back and give it another try, based on the merits of the service that we had enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food a little too long waitZetlmyrVIPDined on 9/4/2013The food was very good. My wife had the Cioppino and I had Free Range chicken. We sat down around 7:15, enjoyed some appetizers. Main course arrived a little after 8. There seemed to be a little too long of a lag between the appetizers being cleared and dinner being served on a Wedneday night that was not full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedfigandfennelDined on 8/30/2013extremely overpriced for what they're offering, bland food, overall unimpressiveSpecial Features:
- The evening that we were therePunkVIPDined on 8/17/2013The evening that we were there both the bar and restaurant were EXTREMELY cold--to the point that is was actually uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Fantastic!fantasticDined on 8/6/2013My husband and I did the whole deal! From appetizer to dessert to drinks we had a fabulous meal! We love a great meal without feeling like the place is too snobby and pretentious and Cioppino was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've eaten at Ciopino's manyLuv2EatDined on 8/3/2013I've eaten at Ciopino's many times and it has always been great, however, I do not not think it is the kind of restaurant for small children. It is a romantic type restaurant and it doesn't seem appropriate for noisy small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerteriDined on 8/2/2013everything was perfect including the menu tailored for the event we were celebrating. We had to wait on a guest and had leisurely appetizers and entrees were outstanding. great service and wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.