Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
710 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.espetus.com/
- Phone: 6503428700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Teles
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: There is plenty of street parking around the restaurant. If you prefer a private parking garage, the closest one is located on B Street/4th Ave.
- Private Party Facilities: Book your next event at Espetus Churrascaria. Our professional staff will make your private event one to be remembered. For more information or to plan your next successful meeting or event, contact our Event's Coordinator at 415-552-8792.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Love 4155528792x
- Entertainment: Espetus Churrascaria in San Mateo hosts Caipi-hour every Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. In the restaurant’s lounge, guests can enjoy, with the purchase of a cocktail, a complimentary sampling of hors d' oeuvres. Bar specials priced at just $6.00 include such cocktails as a Caipirinha and a Brazilian Mojito. In addition, there is live musical entertainment without a cover charge.
- Special Events: Please contact Amanda Love, events manager, to inquiry about banquets and special events at 415-552-8792 or email@example.com.
A word from Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
At Espetus, dining is a sensory experience of culinary style and variety. As a true Brazilian steakhouse, Espetus - which means skewer in Portuguese - features Churrasco techniques. This culinary tradition dates back three centuries, when gauchos, or Southern Brazilian cowboys, slowly roasted meat over open flame pits. For a prix fixe, all-inclusive price, diners select their favorites from unlimited premium choices like steak, lamb, pork or chicken, brought straight from grill to table. Incredible side dishes range from fresh salads to specialties like paella. The sleek, modern surroundings are accented with oil paintings of life in the Brazilian highlands. At the marble-topped bar, there’s a large, chilled jar of homemade sangria and extensive local and imported wines, with Malbec a favorite. You can also try the Brazilian national cocktail, the Caipirinha. Dining at Espetus is nothing less than a feast of traditional Brazilian flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo - Best Restaurants in San Mateo ›
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)good for groups (93)fit for foodies (69)great for lunch (42)romantic (38)hot spot (34)kid-friendly (28)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- SpecialEatNEnjoyDined on 8/9/2014Friendly welcome, precise rotation of skewers, carvers accommodating, tantalizing buffet bar, experience was extraordinary and remarkable.Special Features:
- Great experienceRDC1Dined on 8/4/2014Very high quality salad bar and meats. The only thing to note is to be ready to turn off the service to allow yourself to get caught up. Once you turn the nob to green, the meat starts coming out at a steady pace. And then you start eating too fast to keep up when what you should do is turn the nob to red to stop the delicious onslaught.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2014Rivaled the more known Fugo de Chao for Brazilian churrasaria. Staff and gauchos were extremely attentive and flowed well with high demand meats. More selection and quality salad and side dishes - Brazilian potato salad, artichoke, taboullah, couscous, prosciutto, stew. All sides complimented the delicious, succulent, moist meats. Best was the lamb and second was anything with bacon. Highly recommend for special occasion and extremely convenient for Sun brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mom's bday lunchkweenpinDined on 8/2/2014I went here cuz I knew my mom was a meat eater. The ambiance I thought would be great for her. She just loved the place. I thought for the price, we could've gotten more. Lunch plus three drinks for 3 people was $175. It's not bad, but I wanted more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occassionsTinTinDined on 7/31/2014Came here for a birthday dinner for the boyfriend on a Thursday night. Overall good experience. Meat was always coming to our table and the manager was very attentive. I noted in my reservation that it would be a "birthday dinner," and they "surprised" us with a birthday ice cream and song at the end of our meal, which made our dinner even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, dry meat, overpriced.CarnivoreLeoDined on 7/30/2014I've been to Churrascaria's in Las Vegas, and Southern California. I've not been to the Pampas in Palo Alto yet, but I will try it. With tax, it's 60$ a person if you don't order anything else. A little higher then others. But the worst part was trying to find meat that wasn't burned or dried out. The chicken and pork in particular was very dried. The larger cuts, you could have them cut the dried piece off, to get to something a little tastier. The seasoning was good. But all the smaller cuts, and the lamb were dry. Staff was mostly attentive, and pleasant.Special Features:
- Must TryHappyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Fantastic! Really good fresh, nicely seasoned food. I do not eat meat, but found the salad bar to be outstanding. My family does eat meat and was celebrating my Mother's 80th Birthday. Espetus is now crossed off her bucket list of must enjoys even though she didn't know it existed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We happily waddled out after having a huge lunch selection! Yes we will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been the bestSusanDined on 7/26/20141st time at Espetus. From Southern California where we have several of these. Overall the ambiance and setting was great. Clean, organized, and well presented. I love that the staff is well dressed in restaurant uniforms. Food was well prepared and flavorful. Our waitress who initially greeted us was helpful but she never checked on us again since the initial visit the entire evening and we were there until closing. We had to flagged down other staff walking by in order to get refills on our appetizers (Polenta, fried bananas, and cheese bread). Was a bit ridiculous as it wasn't as packed to have that kind of lacking service. Would be better if some staff were more proactive and attentive. I would return. Hope this visit was just a one off!Special Features:
- Below AveragekreayshunistVIPDined on 7/25/2014It sounds very promising, but the food is just not particularly good. The sides table has a surprising amount of Arabic selections, but hardly anything fitting for a Brazilian steakhouse. Service also isn't particularly good. When the wrong beer was delivered to the table and I pointed it out the waitress' reaction stopped just short of accusing me of lying. When she brought the correct bottle of beer and proceeded to pour it at the table the difference in color was obvious. Instead of saying anything at all she just left in a huff. This restaurant has potential, but not with the current staff.
- Fun and differentAtoZVIPDined on 7/25/2014We went for a birthday dinner. Food and service was great! Only one bad thing, they show having shrimp on the website but they no longer serve shrimp, I love it and was excited for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST EXPERIENCE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014This was the 2nd time my family ate at Espetus Churrascaria for lunch! A MUST EXPERIENCE to be put on anybody's bucket list to try in the SF Bay Area! Great Food! Great Staff! and Beautiful Decor for your enjoyment!Special Features:
- Live2EatVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to the SF location as well as this one. This one was comparable to the SF location in terms of food and service. The sides bar was quite good and we didn't find any items we didn't like. It is very hard to not fill up on these alone. The different meats were pretty good. The chicken was a bit dry and parts of my filet were a bit tough but otherwise it was fantastic. My wife usually does get dessert but did not on this occasion so i cannot comment on the desserts. The grilled pineapple was plenty for me for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodAmberdhdDined on 7/15/2014Wonderful experience at this establishment. Service was excellent and food was out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for.FoodForBellyDined on 7/15/2014The hostess was kind. although my fiancé and i were 30 minutes early of our reservations, the hostess was gracious enough to seat us immediately. We did get seated next to a group of atleast 6 people. One of those 6 was a little too loud. It may have been the alcohol that induced her long lasting laughs that seemed more annoying than enjoyable. But, about the restaurant and the service, It was excellent. The meats were fantastic. The foods at the salad bar were good, especially the Brazilian chicken pot pie. Because i told espetus it was a celebration of my fiances birthday, complimentary dessert wine and ice cream was served. Definately go there for phenomenal food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!poizunDined on 7/13/2014Everything was so delicious! We tried not to eat too much of the hot dishes near the salad bar but they were all too good to pass up. Service was very good from beginning to end. We'll be coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.... Good service!!!BdaytreatDined on 7/13/2014We went there to celebrate my friends birthday and I'm so happy that I chose this place.... we are all very satisfied with the food and the service staff. We left the place with a big smile on our face and a very full tummy!!!!!! 😄😃😀😊☺️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice splurge.ClaradiseDined on 7/5/2014I like this place. Saturday being the best night to go I think. More variety of meat I think. It's fun and the buffet section is nice too. I wish they would include some dessert with your dinner. A tiny one would be okay but it's not that big of a deal. Pace yourselves and just enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tgtgDined on 7/1/2014very expensive for lunch...................................................................................................................Special Features:
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Went for a bachelorette dinner. Food was amazing and the employees were on top of it! They came around a lot! My plate was full of meat within 5 minutes! Great service! Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come hungrylareedDined on 6/28/2014Very good food, lots of selection. I was stuffed. My only little nit picky complaint is that the cheese bread which is one of my favorites isn't the best I've ever had. But the staff is very friendly staff and they did a special dessert for our friends anniversary without us even asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1183 reviews are from the Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo reviews archive.
- Great service by staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Everyone was nice especially the manager King (I think that's how you say his name?). He made sure our experience was great and made suggestions of wine depending on our preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmmmtn650Dined on 6/23/2014Our company brought clients from Germany and Switzerland here for farewell dinner and they loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Skewered meats were seasoned perfectly. Servers very attentive and quick to bring next skewer.Special Features:
- An Excellent IndulgenceJonTheFoodieDined on 6/21/2014The best place around to feast on delicious meats of all varieties. The waitstaff are attentive and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Churrasco ResturauntOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014The service was excellent, the food was delicious, the nice touch of a live piano and sax tandem was great. All around a nice time out for great food, more than enough varieties of meats in abundance to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNicefindVIPDined on 6/19/2014This was not our first time here, we took my husbands brother and his girlfriend who have never been to a Brazilian Steak house. We all have a great time and as always the food was outstanding. Love that you are not rushed through. If you have not been here before you should really go.I would recommend this to a friend.
- some thing different to trylive2eatDined on 6/19/2014Place wasn't that busy for a Thursday evening. My family and I have never had this type of cuisine. Concept was interesting and different, but honestly the meats lacked flavor and was on the dry side. For $55 I would have preferred a steak house. The sangria was very good, probably best thing they had. Overall food was less than ok, sevice good but place is pricey. Trying it once in my life is good enough for me....don't think I'd be back.Special Features:
- Pricey but amazing!MakellanDined on 6/18/2014Delicious meat comes to you so quickly and often that there's a signal on the table to let servers know to pass you by when you're getting overwhelmed.Special Features:
- The REAL thing!HonestEvalDined on 6/16/2014Been to several churrascarias in Brazil - this is just like them - even down to the same knives! Great food, friendly wait staff - and honest, too.. left purse on chair & all was returned.Special Features:
- All things goodbelmontfoodieDined on 6/15/2014If you appreciate meat, this is the place to come. The quality is excellent, the way it is prepared delicious, the presentation unique and fun. My husband loves red meat and he is an excellent cook, griller and BBQ smoker and still we both thoroughly enjoy everything about this restaurant each time we go. The choices are plentiful , the salad bar is a plethora of treats because all the choices are fresh and tasty as well. I especially like their Brazilian chicken salad and simple, yet yummy, arugula with grapes salad, and the starter carbs that they bring to the table are also scrumptious. I highly recommend Espetus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unaware of holiday price!MamafoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014I was not aware that they were serving only dinner price all day for Father's Day. I wasn't made aware on OpenTable or when we arrived for our reservation for lunch. It was not until I got the check that I was blindsided... I had made this reservation for lunch, expecting to pay their lunch price (as stated when I made my reservation on opentable). This place should have advertised the ALL-day dinner price due to Father's Day (or any other holiday) so that customers are not surprised when they get the bill. The hostess should've made us aware of this also and it should've been advertised when making reservations through opentable (since they use this service).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, Clean and FreshHommeNoirDined on 6/14/2014The overall dining experience was outstanding. The ingredients were fresh, flavors bursting like fireworks, presentation was excellent, and the ambience was perfect for our group of four. In addition, there is such a diversity of food choices, I believe all dietary dispositions will find something of pleasure. Although we went on a Saturday evening, parking was a challenge. Other than that, I highly recommend this dining experience to everyone.Special Features:
- Great place to have romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I took my girlfriend to this place for the first time. I was really impressed with the food quality and service. I will be sure to go back again!Special Features:
- A Lot of MeatCliffDined on 6/13/2014We went here for a special occasion with a big group. The food was good and came in heavy quantities. The service was great and everyone left satisfied.Special Features:
- Meat sweats and food coma awaitspscorpus61Dined on 6/13/2014This was our 2nd visit and we enjoyed the dining experience even more because we introduced our 8-year-old son to the Brazilian steakhouse scene. He loves his meat medium rare and I should warn you that the meats are cooked medium-well to well (must be an army of lawyers involved). We discovered something new; the Brazilian Martini - my wife loved it. Of course the meal starts with a round of Caipirinhas and I also tried the Brazilian Mojito - I will pass next time. Our favorite skewered meats are the top sirloin and filet mignon. Newly discovered is the parmesan-covered pork loin. Compared to the Brazilian Steakhouse in Singapore, this one rates right up there. On this Saturday evening, there was a 3-piece Jazz group playing near the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseSuperSupperDined on 6/12/2014Ambience, professional staff, excellent food, good times! The lamb was superb, garlic steam, filet mignon, sirloin, mahi mahi, grilled pineapple makes the perfect accompaniment to beef rib slices, grilled chicken... A true feast! Do yourself a favor and go when you are hungry... Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent services!tiggermugDined on 6/8/2014Thanks to Espetus, my very first churrasco experience was very well served. Obviously known for variety of meat choices, but it was a pleasant surprise that their desserts were also excellent. Our server had a bit of off night, which probably bothered herself more than us. Since I was a designated driver that night, I didn't care to go through the wine list closely. But, they seemed to have a great wine list as well. We will definitely be coming back here when churrasco craving hits us next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jazziesmomaDined on 6/7/2014Absolutely enjoyed our dinning! It was our anniversary and my brothers daughters took them their for their anniversary and he recommended it. I will have to say the service was great our waitress was attentive and very nice. Would recommend this to anyone and we will be back. Well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceout4foodDined on 6/7/2014We had eaten at the restaurant in San Francisco and had told some foodie friends about it. Three of us were celebrating birthdays and felt it was time to go. In an effort to avoid the city Saturday night traffic I decided to make reservations at the one in San Mateo. Could not be more pleased that we did! Service was great. Food, as always, was terrific! Will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.