Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3027771500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (120)scenic view (103)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (83)vibrant bar scene (42)great for lunch (39)romantic (37)good for groups (34)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (22)great for brunch (18)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Very pleased with our lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2009Very pleased with our lunch experience. It made celebrating a family event more special. This was our first visit and look forward to returning as there were many other menu items that sound interesting. The fried calamari was the best we've had; it was a melt-in-your-mouth experience. Bon Apetito!Special Features:
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2009I was very impressed with the variety of items on the menu. I went with a large group and we were all pleased with our dishes. The menu has both raw and cooked offerings and some unique dishes. The wine list is helpful and organized for the novice, but has appeal to the sophisticated wine drinker as well. All in all a great restaurant.Special Features:
- I had a craving for cioppinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2009I had a craving for cioppino and I saw they had it on their menu. It was priced at $34, which I thought was a bit on the high side. It was not worth the price. It was good, but not a $34 dish.
- Overall dinner was very good.Lou55Dined on 12/31/2008Overall dinner was very good. The waitress forgot to enter our appetizer order which was a bad start to the meal. We received our salads but the waitress did not check back with us until we got her attention. The restaurant did not offer us any comps like free desert to make up for their mistake. The table that we sat at was just outside the kitchen and my wife felt that at any moment one of the food trays would end up in her lap. The wait staff was inconsiderate by walking between our table and the one next to us which only added to her concern. Aside from these issues we will return to the restaurant because the food was very good.Special Features:
- Open restaurant, lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2008Open restaurant, lighting a bit dim but great for an adult dinner of two. I do not recommend for kids, there are not a lot of kid friendly dishes. Service is excellent and the wine list covers all bases. You will enjoy this restaurant!!! We were very happy with the service, food and wine. Prices not cheap but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- This was my second time there.TravelerDined on 12/27/2008This was my second time there. I felt like it was better than the first time, and that was pretty hard to top!!! Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. Thank you once again Harry's!!!
- Had a wonderful dinner w/hubby.fredVIPDined on 12/27/2008Had a wonderful dinner w/hubby. The oysters were quite yummy.Special Features:
- While I was expecting a niceRoninBearDined on 12/24/2008While I was expecting a nice meal, the "Nude Lobster" was just that and tuff. For $59.00 I expected something more than 3 potatoes, uncooked green beans and one tough lobster! Service was very nice, the large group of people at the next table were (singing carols during the meal) Hope they have better day jobs! The noise was unbeleivalbe, we were seated in the bar area. I have been to this resturant on a number of occasions, but this was too much.
- As always, this was an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2008As always, this was an outstanding dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Harry's Seafood is a reliabletravelmad478Dined on 12/19/2008Harry's Seafood is a reliable choice for the most part, but the descriptions of the menu items are usually better than the food itself--execution is a little lacking. If you don't get ambitious in what you order, you will have a good experience. The place is quite noisy, so if you are looking for quiet/romantic, better go elsewhere.Special Features:
- I drive 45 minutes to getOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/17/2008I drive 45 minutes to get to this restaurant so it must be good. Never disappointed with the food. Service is always great.Special Features:
- This restaurant's raucousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2008This restaurant's raucous bar-like atmosphere even in the main dinning room detracts considerably from it's appeal.
- The ambiance was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2008The ambiance was fantastic! The wait staff didn't miss a beat. Clearing our table, bringing new silverware after each course, clearing the table of crumbs and keeping our wine glasses full were all performed without a flaw. The food presentation is top notch, making you feel like you're in a 5 star restaurant in a big city. The hostess and waitress even accomodated me arriving early to drop off gifts that they kindly delivered with dessert for my date upon my request.Special Features:
- Overall, a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2008Overall, a great experience. Initially, service was a little slow due to the large number of large tables seated for the Holidays, but once our waiter realized we were seated things imporoved dramatically. Great wine list and excellent food. We would definitely return for another meal.Special Features:
- Meal and service was veryjp2533VIPDined on 12/11/2008Meal and service was very good. Noise level quite high.Special Features:
- Fresh tastey food with friendlyFroggyVIPDined on 12/10/2008Fresh tastey food with friendly service. We have never had a meal we didn't like there.Special Features:
- Very accommodating to provideMaryLDined on 12/10/2008Very accommodating to provide separate checks for the four diners. Great daily menu - the perch was exceptional. The presentation was very nice - crisp yet moist fish atop a bed of vegetables and fresh wild mushrooms - simply wonderful - right sized portion to allow for dessert.Special Features:
- Always love to dine at Harry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/5/2008Always love to dine at Harry's Seafood Grill. Service is wonderful. Love that the menu changes. Food ALWAYS excellent.Special Features:
- We had an enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2008We had an enjoyable dining experience. The food was delicious, tastfully presented, and the atmosphere was great. Would highly recommend it for a "special" night out.Special Features:
- We love your restaurant...theworldcafeRocksDined on 11/21/2008We love your restaurant...the food is the best seafood in the area. Every visit has been excellent including service. Only one exception in service and that was Friday night, Nov 21st. The gentleman who served us was not up to the standards that we normally expect from your restaurant, not quite as attentive as we are used to. However, he made an EXCELLENT wine recommendation. But it may have been an off night too..that happens. We'll still continue coming to your wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- very nice and good overall.munchieDined on 11/15/2008very nice and good overall. the food has slipped a bit but was at a high level to start with.
- We had a great time. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008We had a great time. Food was very good so was service. Waiter recommended a very good bottle of wine. Overall, very good experience.
- I traveled from DC to DelawareOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008I traveled from DC to Delaware to meet a friend for dinner I had found Harry's on line. I would not recommend Harry's to anybody.... It's a nice place. However, they need to hire some real chefs. The food is quite bland, and portions are quite small. If Harry's is going to charge 26 dollar for Halibut, it need to a little bigger.. Salmon 22 dollars...?? Salmon can be bought for 7 dollars a pound! I was quite disapponited to say the least.Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood Grill wasDEdinerVIPDined on 11/2/2008Harry's Seafood Grill was very accommodating. We had a group of five. We were interviewing a candidate for a professional position. They gave us as quiet table in the corner. Everyone enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent. It is hard to find places where everyone can really hear what is happening.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 6OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2008We had a reservation for 6 and they originally had us in the bar area at a huge round table, this was too loud and noisy for a nice dinner conversation. We were then moved into the dining room and it was much more suitable. Our dinner was fab!Special Features:
- The food was great and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2008The food was great and service was wonderful but was a bit dissapointed with the seating. I had added a note to the reservation that this was an Anniversary dinner and wanted a booth. I did get a booth but in the very loud and unromantic bar area.Special Features:
- our waiter was great! Happy,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/30/2008our waiter was great! Happy, friendly and great service. The food was delicious too.Special Features:
- Food was great... wait wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/21/2008Food was great... wait was to long for the food for a lunch hour... will go back again.....
- Reliably good seafood and4thRockRuminatorVIPDined on 10/20/2008Reliably good seafood and service in Wilmington's revitalized riverfront district. Leave time before or after your meal for a walk on the boardwalk along the Christina River. Great for a drink after work in warmer weather. Get a seat on the patio if you can.Special Features:
- great place! good food, greatloveroffoodVIPDined on 10/18/2008great place! good food, great service- you have to try it!Special Features:
- My wife and I had a wonderfulHungrybVIPDined on 10/10/2008My wife and I had a wonderful relaxing time. The excellent food and attentive service was outstanding. The oysters and the king salmon are memorable.Special Features:
- Harry's is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/9/2008Harry's is one of my favorite spots. Always great food and drinks. It was my birthday and could have picked any place to eat. I had the lobster, it was amazing.Special Features:
- The is excellent as always.eateriesDined on 10/7/2008The is excellent as always. However, it is pricing. Often the service can be slow also, so don't go there if you are you need to be done lunch in less than and hour and a half.
- Very convenient to theaterMerleeVIPDined on 10/4/2008Very convenient to theater in Wilmington....very accommodating and pleasant on the phone (we got lost) as well as welcoming from the time you walk in the door until the meal is over.Special Features:
- The service was great theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2008The service was great the food was good. I know going to a "Seafood Grill" you would expect seafood but other dishes for the non seafood lovers would be welcome. In other words - too specialized - not enough verity for the non seafood lovers who agree to take us seafood lovers there for our special occasions. A little more beef, a little more chicken and maybe a little pasta would be welcome. Won't be able to come back since my husband doesn't like seafood like I do. A few more secluded, quiet corners would be welcome. Almost all seating are tables in the middle of the floorSpecial Features:
- We were stuck in the bar areanewfoodieDined on 9/30/2008We were stuck in the bar area so hard to hear people talkingSpecial Features:
- I've never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/25/2008I've never had a bad meal at Harry's. Good food and great wine list.Special Features:
- Great seafood, start withLKN4ADELDined on 9/20/2008Great seafood, start with New Orleans BBQ shrimp, then Cesars Salad, Lobster or fish cannot go wrong. Our friend had the filet mignon not recommended. Order seafood at a seafood restaurant and steak at a steak house.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2008Excellent service, food prepared as ordered in a timely fashion with beautiful presentations, a diverse wine list and thoughtful attention to our group's needs. The acoustics of the main dining room are unfortunately poor, causing a conversational din. The outside patio might have been a better choice.Special Features:
- The food actually wasnt thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2008The food actually wasnt that good this time and we sat outside so the ambiance was like TGI Fridays. Not what you expect when you pay those prices.