Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3027771500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (116)scenic view (97)special occasion (88)fit for foodies (74)vibrant bar scene (43)romantic (41)great for lunch (37)notable wine list (34)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (25)great for brunch (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Great dining experience. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2009Great dining experience. Excellent seafood, nice selection of wines, and great desserts. Fancy enough for special occasions, but also great for every day.Special Features:
- My party of seven truly enjoyedBertCDined on 2/6/2009My party of seven truly enjoyed their meals. The food was special and the atmosphere was exciting and entertaining. We appreciated the service and will look to return to Harry's Seafood Grill again when in Wilmington Delaware.
- We love sitting at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/31/2009We love sitting at the bar before dinner. Usually have oysters and tuna ceviche and a few cocktails off the everchanging specialty cocktail menu. Harry's is responsible for turning us on to St.Germain elderflower liquor they used in one of their cocktails. Also, you cant go wrong with the crabcakes or the lobster salad.Special Features:
- Fabulous atmosphere for aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/31/2009Fabulous atmosphere for a nice date-night. Service was wonderful, the crab cakes are to die for!Special Features:
- Had a great meal. StartedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2009Had a great meal. Started off with chowder, had a crab cab, then lobster in the nude for main course. Could of been a bit more spicy but I prefer New Orleans style preparation. Nice atmosphere worthy of repeat.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. Good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/24/2009Food was excellent. Good selection of seafood for this area. Good oysters.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.JimSDined on 1/24/2009Great food, great service. An enjoyable evening all the way around.Special Features:
- Upon arrival to Harry's, weBarbaraannVIPDined on 1/23/2009Upon arrival to Harry's, we were shown to our reserved seat which was in the noisy bar. We asked to be seated in the main dining room and we were accommodated after about a fifteen minute wait. The waiter was very friendly, upbeat and helpful. The appetizer seafood and sashimi was fresh and flavorful. Overall it was an excellent experience.
- Harry's Seafood was an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/23/2009Harry's Seafood was an outstanding choice for dinner. The food, drinks, and service were exceptional. It's a experience you shouldn't miss!Special Features:
- The hamburger was huge andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2009The hamburger was huge and cooked medium rare as requested. The salmon was moist and delicious.Special Features:
- Our server was Marvin - heMaryLDined on 1/21/2009Our server was Marvin - he was all charm with a wonderful memory - four orders were delivered perfectly without a written note. Separate checks with a smile. Each of the four diners were delighted with food choice. Crabcake sandwich is very generous, all crab and perfectly presented without the roll as requested. Loved the dessert - pot of creme with shortbread cookies. Given the prime booth in the corner. Mary L. Hudson, theater goer.Special Features:
- Always enjoy time spent diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/16/2009Always enjoy time spent dining at Harry's Seafood as well as Harry's Savoy. Excellent service,food choices change and the atmosphere is upbeat.Special Features:
- food was excellent - niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2009food was excellent - nice presentation. Service was excellent - no delays, no hassles - very attentive staffSpecial Features:
- We sent the calamari back...itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2009We sent the calamari back...it was so so...but the manager came over and asked what was wrong and was very nice about it...consistantly great food there...very knowledgable servers!Special Features:
- Love it ... we consider itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2009Love it ... we consider it our favorite restaurant in Wilmington.
- Very pleased with our lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2009Very pleased with our lunch experience. It made celebrating a family event more special. This was our first visit and look forward to returning as there were many other menu items that sound interesting. The fried calamari was the best we've had; it was a melt-in-your-mouth experience. Bon Apetito!Special Features:
- I was very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/2/2009I was very impressed with the variety of items on the menu. I went with a large group and we were all pleased with our dishes. The menu has both raw and cooked offerings and some unique dishes. The wine list is helpful and organized for the novice, but has appeal to the sophisticated wine drinker as well. All in all a great restaurant.Special Features:
- I had a craving for cioppinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2009I had a craving for cioppino and I saw they had it on their menu. It was priced at $34, which I thought was a bit on the high side. It was not worth the price. It was good, but not a $34 dish.
- Overall dinner was very good.Lou55Dined on 12/31/2008Overall dinner was very good. The waitress forgot to enter our appetizer order which was a bad start to the meal. We received our salads but the waitress did not check back with us until we got her attention. The restaurant did not offer us any comps like free desert to make up for their mistake. The table that we sat at was just outside the kitchen and my wife felt that at any moment one of the food trays would end up in her lap. The wait staff was inconsiderate by walking between our table and the one next to us which only added to her concern. Aside from these issues we will return to the restaurant because the food was very good.Special Features:
- Open restaurant, lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2008Open restaurant, lighting a bit dim but great for an adult dinner of two. I do not recommend for kids, there are not a lot of kid friendly dishes. Service is excellent and the wine list covers all bases. You will enjoy this restaurant!!! We were very happy with the service, food and wine. Prices not cheap but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- This was my second time there.TravelerDined on 12/27/2008This was my second time there. I felt like it was better than the first time, and that was pretty hard to top!!! Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. Thank you once again Harry's!!!
- Had a wonderful dinner w/hubby.fredVIPDined on 12/27/2008Had a wonderful dinner w/hubby. The oysters were quite yummy.Special Features:
- While I was expecting a niceRoninBearDined on 12/24/2008While I was expecting a nice meal, the "Nude Lobster" was just that and tuff. For $59.00 I expected something more than 3 potatoes, uncooked green beans and one tough lobster! Service was very nice, the large group of people at the next table were (singing carols during the meal) Hope they have better day jobs! The noise was unbeleivalbe, we were seated in the bar area. I have been to this resturant on a number of occasions, but this was too much.
- As always, this was an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2008As always, this was an outstanding dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Harry's Seafood is a reliabletravelmad478Dined on 12/19/2008Harry's Seafood is a reliable choice for the most part, but the descriptions of the menu items are usually better than the food itself--execution is a little lacking. If you don't get ambitious in what you order, you will have a good experience. The place is quite noisy, so if you are looking for quiet/romantic, better go elsewhere.Special Features:
- I drive 45 minutes to getOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/17/2008I drive 45 minutes to get to this restaurant so it must be good. Never disappointed with the food. Service is always great.Special Features:
- This restaurant's raucousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2008This restaurant's raucous bar-like atmosphere even in the main dinning room detracts considerably from it's appeal.
- The ambiance was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2008The ambiance was fantastic! The wait staff didn't miss a beat. Clearing our table, bringing new silverware after each course, clearing the table of crumbs and keeping our wine glasses full were all performed without a flaw. The food presentation is top notch, making you feel like you're in a 5 star restaurant in a big city. The hostess and waitress even accomodated me arriving early to drop off gifts that they kindly delivered with dessert for my date upon my request.Special Features:
- Overall, a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2008Overall, a great experience. Initially, service was a little slow due to the large number of large tables seated for the Holidays, but once our waiter realized we were seated things imporoved dramatically. Great wine list and excellent food. We would definitely return for another meal.Special Features:
- Meal and service was veryjp2533VIPDined on 12/11/2008Meal and service was very good. Noise level quite high.Special Features:
- Fresh tastey food with friendlyFroggyVIPDined on 12/10/2008Fresh tastey food with friendly service. We have never had a meal we didn't like there.Special Features:
- Very accommodating to provideMaryLDined on 12/10/2008Very accommodating to provide separate checks for the four diners. Great daily menu - the perch was exceptional. The presentation was very nice - crisp yet moist fish atop a bed of vegetables and fresh wild mushrooms - simply wonderful - right sized portion to allow for dessert.Special Features:
- Always love to dine at Harry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/5/2008Always love to dine at Harry's Seafood Grill. Service is wonderful. Love that the menu changes. Food ALWAYS excellent.Special Features:
- We had an enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2008We had an enjoyable dining experience. The food was delicious, tastfully presented, and the atmosphere was great. Would highly recommend it for a "special" night out.Special Features:
- We love your restaurant...theworldcafeRocksDined on 11/21/2008We love your restaurant...the food is the best seafood in the area. Every visit has been excellent including service. Only one exception in service and that was Friday night, Nov 21st. The gentleman who served us was not up to the standards that we normally expect from your restaurant, not quite as attentive as we are used to. However, he made an EXCELLENT wine recommendation. But it may have been an off night too..that happens. We'll still continue coming to your wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- very nice and good overall.munchieDined on 11/15/2008very nice and good overall. the food has slipped a bit but was at a high level to start with.
- We had a great time. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008We had a great time. Food was very good so was service. Waiter recommended a very good bottle of wine. Overall, very good experience.
- I traveled from DC to DelawareOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008I traveled from DC to Delaware to meet a friend for dinner I had found Harry's on line. I would not recommend Harry's to anybody.... It's a nice place. However, they need to hire some real chefs. The food is quite bland, and portions are quite small. If Harry's is going to charge 26 dollar for Halibut, it need to a little bigger.. Salmon 22 dollars...?? Salmon can be bought for 7 dollars a pound! I was quite disapponited to say the least.Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood Grill wasDEdinerVIPDined on 11/2/2008Harry's Seafood Grill was very accommodating. We had a group of five. We were interviewing a candidate for a professional position. They gave us as quiet table in the corner. Everyone enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent. It is hard to find places where everyone can really hear what is happening.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 6OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2008We had a reservation for 6 and they originally had us in the bar area at a huge round table, this was too loud and noisy for a nice dinner conversation. We were then moved into the dining room and it was much more suitable. Our dinner was fab!Special Features: