Harry's Seafood Grill
101 South Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Harry's Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrysseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 3027771500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Lee Banks, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harry's Fish Market + Grill, adjacent to Harry's Seafood Grill, is available to cater your office or personal breakfast and lunch. Contact our Management Team for more information.
Entertainment We offer live acoustic entertainment from 6-8PM every Wednesday night during the summer. Come join us on our patio!
A word from Harry's Seafood Grill
Harry's Seafood Grill is a causal, upscale seafood eatery & a hot spot on the river. Adjacent to the Riverwalk, Harry's Seafood Grill has become THE place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and late night in the City of Wilmington. The chic atmosphere, fresh raw bar, award-winning crab cakes, outstanding lobsters, and other imaginatively prepared seafood, great martinis, and 50 wines by the glass are some of the keys to an exciting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Harry's Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Harry's Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (112)scenic view (103)special occasion (88)fit for foodies (74)vibrant bar scene (44)romantic (35)notable wine list (33)good for groups (31)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Rabbit Really!!!!not2happyDined on 7/18/2014I was accompanied by two seafood lovers and the selection of the restaurant was a no brainer - I however did think there might be a better selection of non fish items. Rabbit is a non selection and pricing half of a chicken breast at $30. is obscene. I opted for the Petite Steak and 4 Shrimp. It was accompanied with "French toast" and 4 strips of tough asparagras. The steak also had melted cheese of some variety which was greyish in color accompanied by a berry and onion "relish". The price of $42.95 was ridiculous even for an upscale restaurant. I do not think I will be coming back to Harry's at the Waterfront. Did I mention we were celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary? Needless to say we will celebrate our 56th at Harry's.Special Features:
- Harry's Seafood and GrillmarbrowDined on 7/17/2014I enjoyed the surf and turf. The crab cake was perfect without a sauce. The steak was thinner than expected but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night dinner!DecatladyDined on 7/16/2014The wine selection is superb! Appetizers are generous enough to share, salads were very fresh and the entre was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundfoodieDined on 7/13/2014I have to say that my experience this time was not as good as last year. Perhaps it was the choices on the menu, what happened to US fish???..there were fish on the menu that i had never heard of and i am pretty familiar with fish. The scallops were local and very good, but pricey and skimpy. Other members of the party had soft shell crabs that were meaty, but sauteed in a sauce that was too spicy....it did not say that they were in a spicy sauce. Slaw was spicy, too. Clams for the appetizer were very good, but broth was too salty. Desserts had no in season fruity style desserts.....apple crisp was mostly crisp.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014great place to eat. some of the best food you will find in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Wonderful meal. Seafood was fresh, presentation was nice, and food was exceptional. Pricey as others have noted. Patio dining was pleasant. Bar was noisy as any bar would be on a Saturday night. Service was quick and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beEandBDined on 7/12/2014Harry's Seafood seems to have slipped a couple of notches over the past year. Service has been very lax on our last two visits and food items have been over cooked (eg. soba noodles served with big eye tuna have been over cooked to a near-mushy state 3x). It's too bad as this has been our favorite go-to restaurant for nearly 10 years.Special Features:
- dinner at Harry'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Food was delicious-choices plenty. WE will return!Special Features:
- KatieDined on 7/12/2014Pricy but delicious food. Great place for special occasions!Special Features:
- Summer PerfectionPhillySaxDined on 7/12/2014Beautiful day, not too hot, dining on potted flowers adorned deck under awning, facing the Christiana River is the perfect setting more a great leisurely meal. Our server, Bruce, was outstanding, and very knowledgeable, about the mine items and their ingredients and preparation, the river, and we suspect a lot more. Crab cake salad was a thing of beauty. Fresh oysters selected with help from Bruce were out of this world, with a champagne vinegar mignonette. The soft shell crab with a spicy slaw was just enough to complement the oysters. Fresh crusty bread, sliced and warm, was also provided. If the outside had been full. Or if weather prohibited, the inside decor is very inviting, every bit as nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Food was good. Ambience and service was good. Food was overpriced for the amount served.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014I love this restaurant! Great from start to finish!Special Features:
- ExcellenceTomEBoyDined on 7/9/2014Harry's never fails to deliver - excellent food, service, the overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wilmington on the waterBrooklynDinerVIPDined on 7/7/2014Lunch at Harry's is great. The choices are many and varied. So much fresh seafood from which to choose. Had the blackened scallop Cobb salad -- delicious! When I asked for a Bloody Mary, our server asked if I had a choice of Vodka. When I asked for an American one, he brought it with a Vodka made in Delaware -- how much more local could it be!! Good wine choices as well. And, did I mention how attentive Matt, our server, was? He was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceVma912Dined on 7/5/2014I went here with a group of 6 people for dinner and it was the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion- great food and a delightful riverfront dining experience if you're lucky enough to be able to sit outside. They did not "take requests" for outdoor seating ahead of time for some reason, so when we arrived, we asked to be seated outside as there appeared to be plenty of space, but were initially told we couldn't. We practically had to beg to be seated out there, and our request was finally accommodated by the waitress (host staff said they had a large party coming, even though they say outdoor seating is first-come, first-served when making reservations). Overall, waitstaff provided excellent service, but not so much host staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love eating here!CluneyDined on 7/5/2014Harry's Seafood is one of our favorite places to take out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crabcakeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014It is always a pleasure dining at Harry's. This time I found the crabcake to be not as good and flavorful as in the past. Not as much backfin and lots more filler. At these very high prices I expected more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolHappyDinerDined on 7/3/2014Harry's Seafood has great. The food was perfectly prepared. We dined on a Thursday night and it was very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadevebVIPDined on 6/30/2014Such a lovely setting on the water, but unfortunately the food is subpar. The side dishes are lackluster, the quality is average especially the shrimp which tasted off, and the desserts are awful. We sent two back ( undercooked apples in the crisp and rock hard, dry butter cake) and we have a sweet tooth. It could be so much better.Special Features:
- Love Harry'sHlm4Dined on 6/28/2014Dinner, service & atmosphere is always a 10! Every birthday, anniversary and special occasion is celebrated at Harry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKDF1Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I went to Harry's to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary. We had been to Harry's before and had a wonderful experience both times. The food is fantastic as well as the service. Would highly recommend. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Dinner on Saturday for 7 people. Appetizers were great, service was great. Steamed Clams portugese style and ceviche was almost as good as the steamed shrimp in Old Bay bucket. Dinner entrees a bit pricey, great environment and waiter was very good.Special Features:
- LocalDiner22Dined on 6/27/2014We had a wonderful seafood dinner at one of the outside tables. The wine was very nice and went extremely well with dinner. It was a pleasant Friday summer evening with a gentle breeze. The river view of the rowers was lovely. All in all, another wonderful dinner at Harry's Seafood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014The food was great and this time specially, Jerry was of tremendous help to reserve a table for the group. Thank you for your kindness and commitment to service. We hope we can visit you again soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Great, somewhat expensive but worth it. Our server was phenomenal!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food as AlwaysFuzzWuzzVIPDined on 6/15/2014Fathers' day late lunch outdoors was Excellent. The food was outstanding and the service very good. It stays near the top of my restaurant list.Special Features:
- Our experiencegoodfoodDined on 6/14/2014I had just arrived from Houston and we headed to Harry’s Seafood Grill. I had arrived previously but didn’t have reservations and they couldn’t guarantee a quick seating so this time booked a table. I was not disappointed. Although we arrived early we got seated immediately. The choice of seafood was excellent. I tried the Ceviche sample and was impressed by the flavors. Then on to the trout which also was cooked to perfection. We shared a dessert which culminated a great meal. Not too forget the the wines which by the glass was a reasonable selection. Nice evening and great food. The server was very personable. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as usualKTnCBwine2dineDined on 6/13/2014Food is exquisite. Service is great. Introduced to a new favorite Malbec from Zuccardi. If you love seafood, you must try Harry's on the Wilmington waterfront. Not easy to find w/ limited parking but more than worth the time for the gastronomic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodUbisandstoneDined on 6/13/2014Even when I dumped my rhubarb crisp desert on white pants, the server was there in an instant with lemon juice and club soda. Crisis averted!Special Features:
- Dinnertchr5Dined on 6/12/2014While we didn't recognize a lot of things from the menu, they tasted wonderful! I highly recommend it, we had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry's, part twoiterationzeroDined on 6/9/2014Not my first time here, but my first time reviewing. Food is excellent, I'd argue it's the best seafood in Wilmington. The service at the bar was mediocre, but the table service was excellent. Not a place you'd go for an intimate dinner, as the dining room is large -- great place for groups or business dinners.Special Features:
- The Best Keeps Getting Betterfoxcode1Dined on 6/8/2014We have frequently visited Harry's Seafood Grill. The food this time was memorable. I had the Wolf Fish with English Peas. The Cheese Cake was fantastic. It was Sautéed and prepared to perfection. John did a great job with the service. My Friends felt it was the most memorable dinner of their two week visit to the Mid Atlantic. Well Done!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentStacyDined on 6/8/2014I make it a point to eat at Harrys every time I travel to the Wilmington area. The food is always delicious and the service is impeccable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Went for a walk along the river after dinner. was entertaining business contacts from out of town. excellent atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014Food, service and atmosphere were wonderful, but on the pricey side. This will not be my everyday place.Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunchPreOrchestradiningDined on 6/5/2014Business lunch - food and service were outstanding. If in Wilmington De for lunch, you must goSpecial Features:
- Perfect!!PerfectionDined on 6/3/2014Food and service were outstanding!! Perfect for celebrating a birthday with friends. Our server, Behigha(sp?) was one of the best we have ever encountered anywhere. Seafood so fresh and well seasoned. Just go there and see for yourselfSpecial Features:
- Good food with a viewJRuffDined on 6/2/2014First time I had been to Harry's in Wilmington at the Riverfront Marketplace. The atmosphere was great - dining outside on the waterfront - and the service was outstanding. Food was good, well prepared, solid beer and wine selection. I would recommend dining there and will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2014Very pricey. Small portions. Fish offered as medium-rare but very overcooked. Waiter never refilled bread or water glasses.
- Overlooked, mushy $62.00 LobsterBandTVIPDined on 6/1/2014Overlooked, mushy $62.00 Lobster!! Very expensive and terrible preparation. Dan Banks should quit making TV spots and manage the kitchen.