111 Chop House
111 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
111 Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.111chophouse.com/
- Phone: 508-799-4111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Please be advised, we do not accept reservations for bar table seating during our Happy Hour time period from 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Cannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Eleven Chop House has one beautifully-appointed room for 25 to 40 people. The room is elegant without being pretentious. It features vintage posters, dark woods and a display of the restaurant's award-winning wine. it offers the timeless decor of a classic New York or Chicago steak house.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Frustaci 508-799-4111
A word from 111 Chop House
The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
111 Chop House - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
111 Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)notable wine list (93)romantic (74)fit for foodies (65)vibrant bar scene (61)good for groups (54)hot spot (37)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food, great service...onceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2009Great food, great service...once we got our seat! Even with a reservation, which we arrived at on time, we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. A little noisy for my ears, and their tables for four are quite small - we were barely able to fit our dishes on the table at once!Special Features:
- We went during restaurantGregDined on 8/11/2009We went during restaurant so, of course, the place was very crowded. I expected the food to be smaller portions because of the reduced prices. On the contrary, both food quality and quantity were the usual high standard to Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2009The food was very good and we were not disappointed. The noise level was very high in which most came from the bar area. Expensive, but would go again for a special occastion.Special Features:
- Normally the Chop House isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2009Normally the Chop House is great, however because it was restaurant week they were just pushing out the food and rushing to turn the tables over. Shrimp was dry but steak was good. I most likely would not do restaurant week there again.
- We've been to 111 ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2009We've been to 111 Chophouse several times, and out of the entire group (Sole Proprietor, VIA, 111 Chophouse), its definitely our favorite. The food is always excellent-steaks cooked to perfection, and the portions are generous. On our most recent visit, we went during Worcester Restaurant week. This made the restaurant (for a Monday night) extremely busy, and a bit noisier that usual, but the experience was still enjoyable as always. Their menu options and portion sizes for restaurant week were above and beyond our expectations. We definitely recommend this restaurant for those who love steak, a nice night out, a special occasion, or for those looking for a new place to dine out in Central MASpecial Features:
- Moms Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2009I went with 8 other friends and we had a fun time during Restaurant Week! My meal was great as was the waitress on my side of the table. The other end of the table had a fairly rude waitress and incorrect cooking of there steaks for at least 3 of them. Fun time no matter what!!Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2009The service was excellent. We had great waiter who did not rush us even though this was restaurant week. Food was delicious. Only issue is the noise level.Special Features:
- This was my first dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2009This was my first dining experience at 111. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- I have dined at 111 Chop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2009I have dined at 111 Chop House several times and was willing to forgive the soggy shrimp cocktail this time because it was during a special promotion for many Worcester restaurants offering 3 course meals for $20.09 and the restaurant was packed. My boneless rib eye was thinner than usual but juicy and tender,cooked exactly as ordered, meadium rare. We added a side of blue cheese mashed (not included in the special) which was more than the 2 of us could eat but very creamy and flavorful. Our dessert was a chocolate tulip cup filled with a white chocolate mousse...a perfect end to the meal! Service is always prompt,friendly and helpful. Their standard menu is expensive but well worth the price for special occasionSpecial Features:
- Great dinner and a great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2009Great dinner and a great value during restaraunt week.Special Features:
- Went for my 40th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2009Went for my 40th birthday with my husband, mom, and two kids (ages 9 & 12) and it was excellent!! Kids ordered off the regular menu and they were in heaven. My son tried his first oyster on the half-shell and declared it "weird" but mom & dad thought they were delicious. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2009We love this restaurant. The food and service is great. We would highly recommend this restaurant.
- Great fine dining restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2009Great fine dining restaurant. Although, I wish they had more options to pick from in the worcester restaurant week event from aug 3-14.Special Features:
- We went during restaurantlove2dineDined on 8/8/2009We went during restaurant week. Great value for the food. Food was excellent and service was as well. It was very noisy. Hard to hear your companion but if you are busy eating it doesn't matter.Special Features:
- My wife & I decided to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2009My wife & I decided to try the 111 Steak House as part of Worcester Restaurant Week. We were "rushed" throughout the meal once we stated that we were interested in the special offerings. Our waitress wanted our entire selections, including dessert.(I found this annoying. )Also, our waitress neglected to tell us that the steak did not have any sides included, so we needed to add those after the fact.(Bad communication). We were half done with our salads when the main course came out. We asked that they be returned, as we were still on our first course. The server seemed peeved and stated "OK - we'll reheat them for you". Food was just OK (reheated food is never as good), noise level was horrid, and service was poor. Not a good choice.
- it was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2009it was our first visit to 111 chop house we loved the food and service was excellent we will be back.Special Features:
- Overall our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2009Overall our dining experience was great. We have eaten here before and felt that the service was as exemplary this time as it has been in the past. Our only complaint on this particular night was that we were not seated until almost twenty five minutes after our reservation time. Our reservation was for a Friday night during Restaurant Week, so we think this may be why it was so busy and we had to wait. Once we were seated, everything else was perfect. We did not notice any difference between our previous experiences at One Eleven and our experience with the Restaurant Week menu.Special Features:
- We went to the 111 Chop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2009We went to the 111 Chop House for the $20.09 special during Worcester Restaurant Week. The food was fantastic and the service incredible. It was an affordable way to be able to go out to a great restaurant.
- Attended Worcester RestaurantJPSPATHVIPDined on 8/7/2009Attended Worcester Restaurant Week - The special menu was very good although limited by the promotion. Started with the house salad, iceberg heart with crumbly silton cheese dressing and diced tomatoes is almost a meal by itself. Steaks are always a top choice as 11 Chop is one of the top steak places in New England. Also features a very respectable wine list. Excellent service as usual.Special Features:
- Found our service very rushed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2009Found our service very rushed. Too loud for my taste..
- More familiar the "Sole" butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2009More familiar the "Sole" but it was great. Since my divorce I haven't been out much and this was the first time back to one of your restaurants. Still have to try your Italian one. Had no doubt that it would be good. Also,I love the new billboard on Rte 290. That's a winner!!!
- We have never been to theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2009We have never been to the Chop House and decided to try it out during restaurant week with the $20.09 fixed price menu. Service was great. Menu had a lot to offer for us and the regular menu was quite daunting. THe price though is a bit high and would only go for special occasions or events like we did. Defintely will go back again.Special Features:
- Service and food was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2009Service and food was good. Our reservation was at 6:30pm and we were not seated until 7:05pm.Special Features:
- We took advantage of the restaurantJem248Dined on 8/6/2009We took advantage of the restaurant week special of $20.09 for a 3-course meal, so it was a very good deal. The food is pretty good, not as great as they think it is, and the service is pretty rushed. Unfortunately, it is terribly noisy, and that is usually why it takes a year or more to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2009Excellent food, outstanding service. Not as pricy as you would think for the quality of both.Special Features:
- Went to 111 Chop House forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2009Went to 111 Chop House for Worcester Restaurant week and the value is tremendous! Food was fantastic--best steak I have ever had, and my wife's surf and turf was perfect. Service was great as usual. Only draw back is that as usual the place is loud! A place for foodies and not for romance.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect, atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2009Everything was perfect, atmosphere, waitstaff, appetizers until we got to the main course. One in the party had fish and that was OK but the steak was just awful. Three of us ordered it and it was so tough and chewy that it overshadowed everything else. Big disapointment.Special Features:
- First time dining here, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2009First time dining here, food was excellent as was the service, but be aware, sides are separate, $6 for roasted potatoes, a little nickel and diming you, I feel. Given that, I'd go back for a special occasion, it was still very good.Special Features:
- Great service; terific food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2009Great service; terific food, good value @ happy hour timeSpecial Features:
- Excellent prix fixed menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2009Excellent prix fixed menu for restaurant week. Portions were very good and it was a very interesting and varied menu to choose from. The food was all very good. The only exception I found was that the 14 oz rib eye came on a plate with not even a dollop of mashed potato also, the noise level there is very loud and almost distracting. Overall it was one of the best prix fixed dinners we had during restaurant weeks in Worcester. No one else came close!
- Food is very good and mealsJamesVIPDined on 7/30/2009Food is very good and meals include a tasty house salad. Service is good and dual waiters are eager to please. Don't be shy about telling them to pace your meal to your wishes. Otherwise, the food may come too fast and they will start to clear when the first person at the table puts down his fork.Special Features:
- We took advantage of a summerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2009We took advantage of a summer "surf and turf" special the restaurant was running and we were not disappointed -- food was very good, cooked to perfection and the portions were just right. Served with french fries and cole slaw, it was a fun summer meal option. Our only complaint, was that, as in the last few times we have gone here, we felt a little rushed by the waitstaff. Once you made it clear though that you needed/wanted more time though, they seemed to back off and allow you to enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Still the most dependablyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2009Still the most dependably good high-end restaurant in Worcester.Special Features:
- My husband, son and I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2009My husband, son and I went after our son performed at the Hanover. My husband had the meatloaf and thought it was awful. Both my son and I had the flat iron steak and it was very good. The waitress was fabulous!Special Features:
- It was easily the best mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2009It was easily the best meal I have ever had! The service was wonderful and we took our time eating and never felt pressured to leave. It was the perfect setting for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- This is an extraorinary restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2009This is an extraorinary restaurant. Service is impeccable. Food outstanding. A bit pricier than many Worcester restaurants but well worth the extra money for the quality and taste. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- was very good would travelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2009was very good would travel from somerville again to eat there.service was great waiters were very informativeSpecial Features:
- We had another great mealSharonVIPDined on 7/16/2009We had another great meal at 111 the other night. Their steaks are always outstanding and much less pricey than at the famous steak restaurants in Boston. This month they're offerting an incredible deal: a Surf and Turf special for $19.99, which includes frites and cole slaw. The choices of fish and beef are good, but for a few dollars more one can get lobster for the surf or a small filet mignon as the turf. I opted for the lobster and my husband chose the filet mignon. Both were delicious, and so was the $5.00 special deal on a Cosmo (good before 6:30 or 7). The service was very good, although a little less attentive than it usually is there, and the noise level was, as it almost always is, the one downside--it's very noisy.Special Features:
- Food was overall very good-OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2009Food was overall very good- one entree (a sirloin) was too salty for our taste, but the iron steak was outstanding, so very good overall. The ambiance was also very good, the noise level being the only thing detracting from it (it wasn't raucous by any means, but it was a bit loud if one was looking for a more intimate dinner for two. The service was very good, though a bit on the speedy side. The pace is probably appreciated by many, as it was very prompt, but again, as we were there for an anniversary dinner, the pace felt somewhat pressed. To be fair, when we did ask for a bit more time between courses, our wait person gave it to us gladly, so that was nice. She was also very knowledgeable about the wine list.Special Features:
- I really enjoy this place,luv2dineVIPDined on 7/11/2009I really enjoy this place, the food is always of consistent quality.Special Features: