111 Chop House
111 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
111 Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.111chophouse.com/
- Phone: 508-799-4111x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Please be advised, we do not accept reservations for bar table seating during our Happy Hour time period from 4:00pm-7:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Cannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: One Eleven Chop House has one beautifully-appointed room for 25 to 40 people. The room is elegant without being pretentious. It features vintage posters, dark woods and a display of the restaurant's award-winning wine. it offers the timeless decor of a classic New York or Chicago steak house.
- Private Party Contact: Faith Shannon 508-799-4111x
A word from 111 Chop House
The idea behind One Eleven Chop House was to establish a Chicago-style steakhouse right here in Worcester. The elegance and sophistication of the decor complements some of the best-tasting steaks and chops you'll find anywhere. All of our cuts are either certified prime-grade or in the top 10% of the choice grade. And they're all expertly prepared. Choose from traditional steaks done right or less traditional favorites, such as Long Island Duck Two Ways, Sirloin Encrusted in Black Pepper with a Shallot Brandy Cream Sauce, or a Mixed Grill of Filet Mignon, Confit of Duck and Blackened Shrimp.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
111 Chop House - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
111 Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)notable wine list (92)fit for foodies (76)romantic (73)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (53)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (36)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- I have heard so much aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2009I have heard so much about 111 Chop House. Have to say I think it is a bit over rated. The food was good but not what I consider outstanding. For what you get I feel it is over priced. Try Alicante's Mediteranian Food in Mendon if you want to do better all around! This is the first time I've used the opentable to book a reservation. Just want to say how easy and efficient. I will continue to use this service. Thank you.
- From the quick valet serviceNanceDined on 9/19/2009From the quick valet service to the decadent dessert, our dining experience was complete! Was able to book a table at a reasonable hour online just a couple days before Saturday and had a great meal!Special Features:
- This was our first time atHarvestVIPDined on 9/17/2009This was our first time at 111 Chop after several times at both The Sole Proprietor and Via, both of which we love. The food at 111 was outstanding but it is a VERY noisy place. Next time I'll request a booth on that second level where I understand it is somewhat quieter.Special Features:
- It was our 30th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2009It was our 30th anniversary and the waiter remembered when he served our dessert. Also, when we left the restaurant staff wished us a "Happy Anniversary" again. I can't tell you how much that meant to us both. The food was great!!! Service was impeccable. We will definetely go back.Special Features:
- Outstanding service by staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2009Outstanding service by staff. Most of what I had I enjoyed.Special Features:
- I've been to 111 several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2009I've been to 111 several times and have enjoyed myself each time. The latest 2 times, we ate there twice in one week... we celebrated our 18th anniversary, and needed a very nice, local restaurant (due to time constraints on a school night!). 111 was the obvious choice, and the wait staff made us feel very special and cared for. The food was awesome too by the way!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2009The food was excellent, the service perfect. A little too noisy for my taste, though.
- We always have a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2009We always have a great time at 111. The only reason that I gave the food a "very good" as opposed to an "outstanding" was because the shrimp in the mixed grill was way overdone.Special Features:
- This was my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/5/2009This was my first visit to the 111 Chop House. Went with my wife and another couple. Seated promptly and attended to with great care by all the staff. Food was served timely, nicely presented and cooked to order. Nicely done all around. Wasn't "wow'd", but then again it is not that type of place - certainly upscale all expected was met. Prices I found to be great based on the amount and quality of food served. Would highly recommend for others and I know I will be back.Special Features:
- This is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2009This is the best restaurant in Worcester, and I would argue could take on the best in Manhattan. They consistently get it right....and the service...makes you king!Special Features:
- Excellent. This is my 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2009Excellent. This is my 2nd time there and both times I have been very pleased. LindaSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed the outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2009Thoroughly enjoyed the outstanding service team of two. Best steak we've ever tasted. Will dine there again when we are in town.
- The food was excellent, especiallygt8871aVIPDined on 8/28/2009The food was excellent, especially the meatloaf and corn off-the-cob. The filet sampler was fantastic as well and the steaks were cooked to perfection in terms of doneness. Also the wine list was fantastic, and extremely well priced. There are some really good values on the list, for example the Shafer One Point Five is $99 and retails for about $75 at your local wine shop. The staff was very knowledgeable about the wines as well and could provide very good suggestions depending on what you were in the mood for.Special Features:
- Excellent food combined withVincentDined on 8/28/2009Excellent food combined with attentive service makes dinner at 111 Chop House a must if you are in Worcester.Special Features:
- This was the first time IOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2009This was the first time I booked reservations online and also had flowers delivered to the restaurant. It could not have been any better. The flowers arrived and the Chop House had them in the cooler all day and were waiting at our table for us. The server was professional yet very warm and genuine. The food was top notch from the hanger steak to the white chocolate mousse. Great time, great staff, great food.Special Features:
- amazing. Can rival Abe andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2009amazing. Can rival Abe and Louies, Grill 23, and Morton's in Boston. Unbelievable food/service/ambiance for a much lower price than Boston's fine dining. I have dined here 5+ times and every time it is exceptional. Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- Average food. Overpriced.MortimerDined on 8/25/2009Average food. Overpriced. Very good service. Pedestrian wine list.
- The only critique I can musterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2009The only critique I can muster for the chophouse is that it was noisy. But you can't blame the restaurant for being packed given the excellent food and service. Worth the price!Special Features:
- Always delicious but sometimesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2009Always delicious but sometimes better than others. Excellent seafood as well as beef.Special Features:
- We love the 111 Chop House.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2009We love the 111 Chop House. Every experience there is a great experience!Special Features:
- Chop House never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2009Chop House never disappoints. Always quality food and service. Best lemontinis on the east coast.Special Features:
- I went to 111 Chophouse duringOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2009I went to 111 Chophouse during Worcester Restaurant Week. I ordered the wedge salad, surf and turn, and strawberry cheesecake. My partner ordered shrimp cocktail, New York sirloin, and Fruit Cobbler. His meal was very good, mine was mediocre at best. My steak was very dry, chewy, and overdone. The cheesecake tasted like a chunk of cream cheese with strawberries on it. It was also very crowded and I kept getting bumped into by people walking behind me. I was not very impressed.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2009This was our first time at the restaurant. We loved it, the food was good, the service excellent! Can't wait to go back!
- Went here during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2009Went here during restaurant week where they have a fixed price three course meal for a significantly reduced price. Portions were smaller than their regular menu but definately enough for an evening meal, even for the hearty men with our group. Price was phenomenal for the menu! The bar was lively and crowded even at 5pm on a friday. Decor and tables were comfortable, roomy and classic. We were seated in the wine room, which is definately the least noise and ticked away from the main diningroom. We've been here before and it was excellent, but pricey. This review is for this dining experience only.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2009The food and service were very good. We were pleased with the presentation of the food as well. It was a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry. They would do well to have a larger waiting area. The entrance is too narrow.Special Features:
- Love 111 - it is one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2009Love 111 - it is one of my favorite restaurants...always excellent food and service.Special Features:
- This restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2009This restaurant was very busy because they were participating in Worcester Restaurant week. I was particularly impressed with the high quality service and food during such a busy evening. Congratualtions for supporting restaurant week with a very nice price fixe menu and for serving and preparing it well. Our experience will encourage us to return soon.Special Features:
- First time during the specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2009First time during the special food weekend in the Worcester area to which the chop house hosted a special menu for this week long event. It was a nice and pleasant experience. The food was delicious and the wine menu was extensive and elegant. It was a nice experience to which the reduced menu complimented as this was not your local weekend steak house. If your looking for a nice dinner out with some price to it and elegance then look no further.
- There were 6 of us for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2009There were 6 of us for dinner 4 ordered steak that as we expected was excellent but we were pleasantly supprise with the haddock dish that we ordered.It had a wonderful flavor with delicious stuffing over a bed of diced white and sweet potatoes. The Salmon Creek Pinot Noir was crisp and refreshing. A wonderful meal with service that tops all in this city.Special Features:
- Great food, great service...onceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2009Great food, great service...once we got our seat! Even with a reservation, which we arrived at on time, we had to wait 45 minutes for a table. A little noisy for my ears, and their tables for four are quite small - we were barely able to fit our dishes on the table at once!Special Features:
- We went during restaurantGregVIPDined on 8/11/2009We went during restaurant so, of course, the place was very crowded. I expected the food to be smaller portions because of the reduced prices. On the contrary, both food quality and quantity were the usual high standard to Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2009The food was very good and we were not disappointed. The noise level was very high in which most came from the bar area. Expensive, but would go again for a special occastion.Special Features:
- Normally the Chop House isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2009Normally the Chop House is great, however because it was restaurant week they were just pushing out the food and rushing to turn the tables over. Shrimp was dry but steak was good. I most likely would not do restaurant week there again.
- We've been to 111 ChophouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2009We've been to 111 Chophouse several times, and out of the entire group (Sole Proprietor, VIA, 111 Chophouse), its definitely our favorite. The food is always excellent-steaks cooked to perfection, and the portions are generous. On our most recent visit, we went during Worcester Restaurant week. This made the restaurant (for a Monday night) extremely busy, and a bit noisier that usual, but the experience was still enjoyable as always. Their menu options and portion sizes for restaurant week were above and beyond our expectations. We definitely recommend this restaurant for those who love steak, a nice night out, a special occasion, or for those looking for a new place to dine out in Central MASpecial Features:
- Moms Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2009I went with 8 other friends and we had a fun time during Restaurant Week! My meal was great as was the waitress on my side of the table. The other end of the table had a fairly rude waitress and incorrect cooking of there steaks for at least 3 of them. Fun time no matter what!!Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2009The service was excellent. We had great waiter who did not rush us even though this was restaurant week. Food was delicious. Only issue is the noise level.Special Features:
- This was my first dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2009This was my first dining experience at 111. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- I have dined at 111 Chop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2009I have dined at 111 Chop House several times and was willing to forgive the soggy shrimp cocktail this time because it was during a special promotion for many Worcester restaurants offering 3 course meals for $20.09 and the restaurant was packed. My boneless rib eye was thinner than usual but juicy and tender,cooked exactly as ordered, meadium rare. We added a side of blue cheese mashed (not included in the special) which was more than the 2 of us could eat but very creamy and flavorful. Our dessert was a chocolate tulip cup filled with a white chocolate mousse...a perfect end to the meal! Service is always prompt,friendly and helpful. Their standard menu is expensive but well worth the price for special occasionSpecial Features:
- Great dinner and a great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2009Great dinner and a great value during restaraunt week.Special Features:
- Went for my 40th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2009Went for my 40th birthday with my husband, mom, and two kids (ages 9 & 12) and it was excellent!! Kids ordered off the regular menu and they were in heaven. My son tried his first oyster on the half-shell and declared it "weird" but mom & dad thought they were delicious. Great for a special occasion.Special Features: