Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
220 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschriskop.com/
- Phone: 6109921818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Elder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
$7 SIZZLE, SWIZZLE, & SWIRL HAPPY HOUR - Monday through Friday | 4:30-6:30 | Enjoy a premium selection of hand-crafted cocktails, and delicious menu items like our Prime Sliders or Seared Ahi Tuna. All for only $7.
FRIDAY DATE NIGHT MENU - $99 for Two 3-Course Dinners featuring a starter, entree, side, and dessert.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
This world renowned prime steakhouse is conveniently located adjacent to the King of Prussia Mall at the corner of Mall Boulevard & North Gulph Road. Known for serving only the finest USDA prime beef & the highest quality seafood, Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (34)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- valentines dayjjdelawareDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation on valentine's day for 930. When we walked in we were met by 7 hosts and hostess standing behind the podium. All of them we staring at us while one helped us, it was like we were at a courthouse or something. They took us to our table which was a very small table,not enough room for our appetizers and menus. Our waiter was fabulous. Very professional and kind. We were sort of disappointed with the limits of the v-day menu so we went with the regular menu. The food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!ChristinaSDined on 2/14/2014Never a disappointment. Our filets were cooked to perfection and the lobster was to die for. Very enjoyable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I have only been to a few steakhouses in my day in NYC & Dallas so I don't have the most refined steakhouse pallet but I do have something to compare this to. My boyfriend & I attended on Val. day & while the service was great, the food was sub-par compared to my expecations. For our apps, I had the wedge salad (I've had better at chain restaurants, some of the lettuce on this one was a bit brown) & my boyfriend had the lobster bisque, which he enjoyed. For our meal, we both ordered the Mixed Grill (a petite filet, crab cake & roast chicken) & for sides we ordered mashed potatoes & creamed spinach. The filet & chicken were both good but nothing to write home about. The bread is good though.. The molten chocolate cake for desert was decent.Special Features:
- SteadyBushtownOriginalDined on 2/14/2014Steady consistent performance after all these years. May not be the best, but certainly respectableI would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll never have a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I went for valentine's day and had a fantastic meal. Steak was perfection and the lamb chop appetizer was amazing. Staff was also top notch as our waiter was very attentive. You know what you get from Ruth's Chris and this location does not disapointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steak placeJanmustdineVIPDined on 2/14/2014Wasn't thrilled with hostess crew. Not very welcoming or accommodating. We walked in and asked if any open reservations they said no. Went outside and went to open table and booked a reservation. Just weird. We are nice looking people so just strange. Steak very good, side so so. Wine great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was great, service a little slow but the seating was very cramped! If I know I could get better seating I'd go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerBikeDad235BDined on 2/9/2014My wife and I have been fans of Ruth's Chris for many years, although it had been a while since we visited one. This was a special suprise get away for her. Everything was super, as always. The only reason I didn't give all categories a perfect score was because the Petite Filet has some chewy gristle in it. Not what you'd expect in a $37 Entree- but everything else about it was superb. The sides (as always) were amazing- the Sweet Potato Baked Casserole could have passed for a dessert! Super dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIrishMPDined on 2/8/2014Ruth's Chris is always reliable for a great meal. Would love to have a wine selection that also has a good, better priced section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is ok, just a notch abovedavidVIPDined on 1/30/2014Food is ok, just a notch above average. For the price, you are not paying for the food, but everything else.
- Great atmospheresolo413Dined on 1/25/2014Ruth's Chris is always nice for a romantic dinner with my wife service is always outstanding but the filet was only ok this time. Sweet potato casserole was outstanding as always as well as gumbo and asparagus. I would continue to go back for out of all the times I have been there, this is the only time my steak was not done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2014Had the stuff chicken and lobster mac and cheese ... GREAT!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencesnowboundVIPDined on 1/17/2014First time dining , food ,ambience and the service did not disappoint I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinner and serviceJenRNDined on 1/17/2014Awesome evening with friends in a great restaurant! Wonderful dinner, steaks were cooked perfectly and everyone enjoyed their entrees, sides and apps. One we particularly enjoyed was the veal osso bucco ravioli... DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014My sister, my wife and I came to your restaurant to celebrate an end to a long, hard term that I served as executor of my mother's will. It was a strenuous time to say the least. But, celebrating at your restaurant was a fitting end to it. It was a great night of relaxation and great food. Giving free deserts was unexpected, but truly appreciated. My wife and I have eaten at Ruth's Cris restaurant at many different locations, and find them all to be outstanding places to eat. It was my sister's first experience and she was very impressed. Thank you for a great evening. Dave GuttmanSpecial Features:
- Best Night Out in a Long Timepreacher1020Dined on 1/4/2014We really enjoyed ourselves and didn't break the bank. The food was delicious. You absolutely must try the veal ravioli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreattennisprofredDined on 1/3/2014Stick with steak - that should be a given, but a great restaurant does everything on their menu well. My partner had the petite filet - perfectly done - started with the creole shrimp which were super. I had a mixed grill of filet - chicken - crab cake. The filet again perfect, the chicken non-descript and the crab cake dry and disappointing. Started with a salad which was OK (cant remember name). The sides were totally disappointing lyonaisse potatos - missnamed and boring and brussel sprouts which I love favored very poorly. The apple pie dessert was very good.. Stick with steak and salad and don't waste money driving up the bill with poor add-ons Good restaurant but for the prices it should deliver excellence!!!Special Features:
- Too pricey for the quality of food!IdaluciaVIPDined on 1/1/2014This used to be our favorite way to ring in the new year, a good steak dinner at Ruth's Chris! I am beginning to think there might be other less costly options! I ordered a petit fillet and lobster tail. The meat was tasteless and the tail was small and over cooked! The unadvertised price was a whopping $75.00! Too pricey for the quality of the food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be Great!JenniferDined on 12/31/2013The food was wonderful and the service was stellar. I love the fact that everything remains consistent. I have never had a bad meal yet.Special Features:
- I have been to many otherFoodMonsterVIPDined on 12/31/2013I have been to many other Ruth's Chris locations and have always enjoyed my meal. Our service was excellent, but the food was nothing to write home about. As an upscale chain steakhouse, you expect to receive the same high quality food at each location. This is the second time I have been to the King of Prussia location and both times I was displeased with my meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013Great overall meal! Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticFoodLoverDined on 12/28/2013My husband and I decided to have dinner here as a date night since we were baby free. The food was absolutely delicious - so succulent and moist. The serving size was just right and the drinks were mixed well. My husband had the lamb chops which were melt in you mouth delicious and I had the stuffed chicken breast which was moist and full of flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest Steak...everJRaveDined on 12/27/2013I had the best T-Bone steak of my life today. I added the blue cheese, roasted garlic, and breadcrumbs for the additional charge and it was worth every penny. Even the sides seemed exceptional. Others in the group ordered the filet and were just as impressed as I was. I'd love to eat hear again.Special Features:
- Did Good Job on Busy Christmas EveZorbaDined on 12/24/2013RC was filled and very busy on Christmas Eve, but the restaurant handled things in style. Dinner was wonderful -- but certainly not cheap. They gave each customer a little Christmas bell on a ribbon. The waiter was excellent. Service was very attentive despite a very crowded dining room. Only complaint was they seated us in a room with a number of tots, some of whom wailed through the dinner. I guess there's little they can do about thoughtless parents who bring crying infants to an expensive restaurant and ruin the dining experience for others. But, whaddaya gonna do. We make RC a traditional Christmas Eve dining event. They do a very good job for that occasion -- as well as other times during the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualDannyDined on 12/21/2013I've been to Ruth Chris in New York many times and have never had a bad experience. This restaurant in philadelphia was exactly the same. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and our server Jim greeted her with a happy birthday along with a candle in her dessert. The attention to detail is unlike any restaurant I've ever been to. Food is excellent as usual, you cannot go wrong with the filet. Service is always first class. This is a 5 star restaurant in my opinion as all Ruth Chris' are. My go to restaurant for special occasions and celebrations. Always a good time. Food is expensive but well worth it. OpenTable made making the reservations very easy. I have never had a bad experience with openTable or Ruth Chris'. I reccomend both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we finally went!suefrVIPDined on 12/20/2013I have been wanting to have dinner at Ruth's Chris for a long time. We went to celebrate my birthday. It was a fantastic meal! All of the food was hot when it was served, which is not usually the case at restaurants. The food was still hot when we finished eating it...not lukewarm. We had steaks, the crab cake was pur crabmeat--no filler. It was all delicious. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday DinnerJohnDined on 12/19/2013Took the wife and two kids (15 &12) for a nice dinner. Was greeted warmly and seated promptly. Waiter was exactly what would be expected in fine dinning. Food was prepared perfectly and tasted excellent. This wasn't our first time here, nor will it be our last. My only complaint, if I had to state one, is that it seemed that the dress code was a little too forgiving. I would expect at least business casual, but a few people (not many) had sweat shirts and jeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great KOP restaurantWorkInKOPDined on 12/16/2013Ruth's Chris Steak House in King of Prussia is a beautifully designed restaurant with an outstanding menu and great service. I would highly recommend this restaurant for dinner (or lunch during their limited holiday lunch service time period).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was excellent knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/15/2013service was excellent knowledgeable and prompt without any hover factor
- Very good steakhouseChesterbrookDined on 12/12/2013Excellent food. For me Morton's is the benchmark by which I judge other steakhouses. Most fall short (Sullivan's, Fleming's) but Ruth's Chris is in the same league. Arguably just a tad short of Morton's, but it is very close. (Note that it has been a couple of years since I have been to Morton's.) Appetizers were shrimp in some kind of a garlic sauce, ahi tuna, and ravioli - all quite tasty. Entrees were New York strip (my order - excellent) and filets (good reports from the people who had them), and the sides were potatoes au gratin, sweet potatoes, and creamed spinach - all quite good. Wine selection also very good. All in all, quite pleased and good to know there is a quality steakhouse in the area that can compete with Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal...Foodiesx2VIPDined on 12/7/2013We find RC to be the best of the highend steak houses, for price, quality, and extensiveness of menu items.On a VERY busy Saturday night this past weekend. It took almost a halfhour from being seated until we got a drink-but when we mentioned this to our server, she comped us for those drinks. Even this vegetarian finds great items here: I had the broiled tomatoes,the green beans, and the classic fries - which were perfect (and I am a french fry perfectionist).Husband had the wedge which was generous and tasty, the ribeye which was succulent and tasty, the loaded baked potato - perfectly done and dressed, and the mushrooms which were great. Their bottled wine list is very extensive, and their wines by the glass list larger than most places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience Every VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/4/2013Food and service are always amazing - despite the busy bar scene. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Mignon!KenAndClaudiaDined on 12/4/2013French onion soup, lobster bisque, potatoes Lyonaise, green beans in olive oil and garlic, coffee! Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a win!WineWeaselDined on 11/30/2013Continue to enjoy this restaurant without the hassle of having to drive downtown to Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So HappyEdfitzVIPDined on 11/29/2013I have been to this Ruth Chris on 3 occassions this being my 4th and we were very dissatisfied with the food. New chef possibly?
- Very Good as usualRoxanneDined on 11/18/2013I travel quite alot with my work and Ruth Chris is a restaurant I can always count on to have excellent food, service, & a nice atmoshpere whether I am alone or dining with clients. I would recommend it always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakItaliandollDined on 11/16/2013Porterhouse for two was perfect. Skip the asparagus with hollandais (sp?). Yawn. Waited too long for our drinks. Wine list is extensive. Bread could have warmer. Go for the steak and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodColleenDined on 11/16/2013We had a very delicious meal. If you are looking for a relaxing evening, order your drinks and wait until they come before ordering your food. There was just two of us and we dine here throughout the year so we knew what we wanted to eat and placed our order when the waitress came to our table. Salad arrived prior to our drinks so we had to ask them to take it back and hold dinner until we had time to enjoy our cocktail. Other than that, dinner was delicious and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent fromanitaDined on 11/15/2013Everything was excellent from the table next to the fire, service, waiter, attentiveness, quality and presentation of food and courtesy of all your staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was thre first time IjlentDined on 11/14/2013This was thre first time I have been to Ruth Chris. I took my husband there to celebration his birthday. In addition to a great dinner because it was his birthday he got a FREE dessert. The bread pudding with whiskey sauce. He was so full from his meal that he ate the next day. If said it was absolutely fabulous. A great eveing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.