Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
220 North Gulph Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschriskop.com/
- Phone: 6109921818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Craig Elder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events:
$7 SIZZLE, SWIZZLE, & SWIRL HAPPY HOUR - Monday through Friday | 4:30-6:30 | Enjoy a premium selection of hand-crafted cocktails, and delicious menu items like our Prime Sliders or Seared Ahi Tuna. All for only $7.
FRIDAY DATE NIGHT MENU - $99 for Two 3-Course Dinners featuring a starter, entree, side, and dessert.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia
This world renowned prime steakhouse is conveniently located adjacent to the King of Prussia Mall at the corner of Mall Boulevard & North Gulph Road. Known for serving only the finest USDA prime beef & the highest quality seafood, Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (34)notable wine list (26)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Fathers Day celebrationHeidiWDined on 6/14/2014The steaks and lobster Mac & Cheese were awesome. We've gone to many steakhouses throughout the country but always return to Ruth Chris for the best steak meal of all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse ExperienceSubukaiVIPDined on 6/14/2014I typically avoid steakhouses because I don't like their style (the a la carte family style sides, the crazy wine lists, and overpriced steaks), but this experience at Ruth's Chris has altered that opinion as far as they are concerned. As soon as we walked in the door, we were welcomed by well-dressed staff in a beautiful lobby area and once seated, we were greeted by our professional server, who helped us make fantastic dining and wine choices. The steaks were juicy and flavorful and we picked a moderately priced wine that was on special that paired well with the meal. My reason in choosing to dine here was to use a gift card (supplemented with my Open Table check), but I will definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JulieDined on 6/5/2014First time there. Great! Will definitely return! Everything was delicious!!Special Features:
- Great for special occasions.BigPapiDined on 6/4/2014Ruth's Chris KOP is a very nice restaurant! one of the finest in the KOP area. We celebrated our daughter's graduation here and, as always, the food was great, the service is also excellent, although I must admit the beer selection is not great but the wine selection makes up for it. Overall, a hands-down pick for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak but priceyregularjoeDined on 5/30/2014Went with two other girlfriends and the bill was $262 wit the tip. A bit pricey since we didn't even have a drink. The steaks were great as usual and the salad and potatoes had great flavor. The vegetables however were something to be desired. All pretty much steamed with no flavor whatsoever. Definitely will not be ordering any next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 736 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - King of Prussia reviews archive.
- Second ChancesstandardsfordiningDined on 5/20/2014I was given an opportunity to dine at Ruth Chris. The services was excellent. Our waiter was an older gentlemen who took excellent care of us. My steak, ordered medium, was well done. Without any hesitation, my steak was removed and redelivered as ordered with an apology from the manager. I must say that the management team is really on top of their game-from my initial encounter with Matt to the manager whose name I cannot recall (poor memory on my part-he was very friendly and attentive). The food was better from the presentation to the taste-steak, sea bass, green beans, and sweet potato-we didn't want to take a chance with the mac and cheese.Special Features:
- Burnt ribeye.JoelVIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife had her usual filet which was excellent. I had the ribeye which was burnt. Next time, I'll stick with the filet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyJsalladeVIPDined on 5/15/2014Ridiculously high prices, with everything a la carte. No surprise. Food was great as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good funRicoDined on 5/11/2014My family and I enjoyed the outing on Mother's Day the food was delicious and the service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014First time visiting this restaurant, and I Can't say enough good things about the staff & food. Our server was an older guy, didn't steer us wrong. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2014Very attentive . Went out of their way to make our anniversary a nice experience despite my last minute announcement of our special day. Thank you very much .Special Features:
- food quality declining?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014We generally love Ruth's Chris but this experience was not as good as usual. We both did the prix fixe menu. I had petite filet and he did stuffed chicken breast. Ordered the filet medium and it came out rare. Couldnt eat it ; A cold red center just doesn't work for me. By the time the waiter came around my husband was halfway through his meal so I just had him wrap my steak to go. Husband's chicken was also not as good as usual. Creamed spinach was just okay and the sweet potatoes were really salty. I can't give it a terrible rating, just not as amazing as it has been in the past. Perhaps that's why it isn't as busy as it used to be. One other thing. One french press and we have to be charged 4.50 each for coffee? C'mon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy we came back...GruuveeTravelerDined on 4/20/2014We tried this location many years ago and found it to be not a good value as the food was poor and the inside looked old...Wow have things changed. We had a great meal the service was wonderful and the inside of the restaurant was obviously updated and looked nice. We will definitely be going back with family and friends. My 86 year old mother enjoyed her meal as much as my 15 year old son who ordered a huge steak and delicious shoestring French fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for Easter DinnerBevCDined on 4/20/2014My family of 3 really enjoyed our Easter dinner - service was unparalleled! Even though the final tab was on the high side, we had plenty of tasty left-overs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014From the Hostess, to Jamie our Waiter, the busboy, the Manager, were friendly, courteous and helpful. Our meal was excellent so thanks to the kitchen staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualaleatsDined on 4/19/2014The food, service and ambiance are consistently outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best waiter!!!!Healthnut1Dined on 4/19/2014Had an excellent dinner ...the lamb chops were done perfectly, and the lobster was succulent! Excellent, wonderful waiter, JIM!!!!!! Jim is THE best waiter???kind! funny! attentive! and accommodating! Love to go to K of P because of JIM ! Great food......consistent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/16/2014Got here for a special date and the food was very bland and had no taste not to mention the steak was tough very disappointed
- The service staff was attentive,BobFVIPDined on 4/12/2014The service staff was attentive, but not overbearing. Food was excellent. My diner guest commented that the steak was the best that they had had in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.DNiceDined on 4/12/2014The Ruth Chris name has become synonymous with quality in my experience in fine dining. The King Of Prussia location is no exception. Enjoyed thoroughlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, last timestandardsfordiningDined on 4/3/2014I was looking forward to dining at Ruth's Chris. The food didn't live up to the hype. Everything seemed to be lacking in seasoning. The description of the food is deceiving. We ordered the sea bass, cowboy ribeye, green beans, lobster mac, and sweet potatoes. The best thing....sweet potatoes. Not the ribeye out the sea bass. How disappointing.Special Features:
- Great Food, Enjoyed the ExperienceMOJODined on 4/1/2014We visiting for the first time for our anniversary. Our waitress put rose pedals on the table, a nice touch. Everything was great! Its just too pricey for us to visit routinely. They sure do cook the steak perfectly, as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightFoodloversDined on 3/29/2014We dined on a busy Saturday evening and I felt the tables were too close together. Not only did the servers have difficulty navigating between tables but also the close proximity made conversations difficult. The food was excellent. I did feel my steak was underseasoned, which troubled me considering the price of my steak. We waited quite a while for our drinks. I was getting frustrated and then we met our server. He was wonderful and saved my evening. He apologized for the delay and quickly made up for it. Overall I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion but would recommend asking for a quiet table if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Celebrationdying2dineDined on 3/29/2014Arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and out table was already waiting for us. The booth was covered in red rose petals and more than one employee stopped by our table to wish us Congraulations and to see how we were doing. It was a wonderful evening, the food, wine, ambiance and of course the company were fabulous! Thank you Ruth Chris for making this a memorable experience!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBeanerDined on 3/24/2014Great dinner! Steak was cooked to perfection, as was the lobster. If you're going to get the chocolate lava cake, make sure you share! The cake is gigantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too QuietampmunmeDined on 3/21/2014Our group was put in a different room, away from the other room, very quiet. Not what I was expecting. Good food, Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent service, meal, waitSnappyjimDined on 3/19/2014Excellent service, meal, wait staff. The Ruth Chris brand lives up to expectation. One challenge is when 4 full size guys get squeezed into a booth for 2 it removes some of the ambience. Restaurants need to look at a group like that and identify a table that is best suited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the trip.Poohkids2Dined on 3/15/2014We drove over an hour just to dine here! Husbands birthday dinner and it was very nice!! Will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris - Excellent Food & ServiDannyDDined on 3/15/2014Ruth Chris offers consistently ourstanding food and service! I think my younger daughter summed it up best on her first visit when she took one taste of her steak and declared, "This is the best steak I've ever had."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak as always. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2014Great steak as always. Very loud this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They seem to do a much betterVisitorsfromGreenvilleVIPDined on 3/1/2014They seem to do a much better job during the week then they do on weekends. Steak was overcooked, asparagus was basically raw, creamed spinach was luke warm, espresso/cappuccino had to be sent back-they discovered that the machine had a problem, etc. For the cost, very disappointing.
- Good FoodJoelVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food is always terrific here but the service, this visit, was a little slow.Special Features:
- Celebrating my birthday, at Ruth'sBigFTOSDined on 3/1/2014Celebrated a birthday. Have dined at Ruth's Chris restaurant a number of times - never had a bad experience. Quality of food, attention to detail and ambience are all things important to this fine diner; this restaurant (location) does not disappoint. My date and I had a very nice experience. Have dined at competing establishments, but none score consistently high marks; Ruth's Chris does! Thank you for helping to make a special moment - a memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good- serviceMavenDined on 2/28/2014Good service. Received a gift card to use and looked forward a great filet. Do not order anything cooked further than medium. My medium well had no juice and my wife's well was burnt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Everything!!!JudyDined on 2/23/2014Our entire experience was outstanding. From being greeted by our name by our server to the phenomenal food and the excellent atmosphere, we could not have asked for a better night. Well done Ruth's Chris!!!Special Features:
- ServiceKeistyDined on 2/22/2014We have been coming there now for 4 years and we come if we have a babysitter lol . Are server Adam was great I think that was his name , thumbs up to him great server !!!!! The only thing I had a prob with is that my steak I usually get there was a little dry this time that's all no biggie it usually juicey and with a lot of butter or whatever you put in there !! We love it here the only place we will dine when we are kid free !!!!!Special Features:
- Solid Steak and Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/16/2014This was not our first time at Ruth Chris and it normally is outstanding. I love the sizzling plates and the steaks are done perfectly. We had a great wedge salad and Gumbo, some of the best I've tasted. For main courses, my wife had the filet, which was tender and she loved it. I selected a Ribeye, at the wait staff's suggestion, which was much fattier than I had hoped, and went beyond "marbling" in my opinion. Both steaks were done right but this was a bit of a let down after previously excellent experiences. We had spinach au gratin and a baked potato, both of which were great, though the loaded potato only had butter and sour cream. It didn't affect our ordering but we were surprised they ran out of a lot of things, which seemed odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good MealMJBinKoPDined on 2/16/2014A pleasant, tasty meal served by friendly, attentive wait staff. Exactly what we expected.Special Features:
- Love this place!GrandmaGenDined on 2/16/2014We have been to Ruth's Chris several times, and we have never been disappointed. It is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. If you're out for a special occasion with your significant other, or for dinner before/after a show, or just to get together with your family or friends once in a while, this place is wonderful. As I said, expect the bill to be high, but you should not be disappointed with the food, service or ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet a little dryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris many times at many different locations and it is usually perfect. This last time my filet was very dry and not cooked very well. My girlfriend had the same issue. Service was great though and my server was very nice. Since it was an anniversary they had rose petals on the table which looked beautiful. I'll assume that dry filet was a one time thing and I know I'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.