Joseph Ambler Inn
1005 Horsham Road
North Wales, PA 19454Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Joseph Ambler Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.josephamblerinn.com/
- Phone: (215) 362-7500x
- Hours of Operation:
***Please note that requests for outdoor dining on Friday and Saturday Nights may not be available until 6:30 or 7:00pm***
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lite Lunch Served in the Bar Only-Saturday and Sunday Noon-4:00PM-please call for reservations
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Blackney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Elegant Weddings, Business Dinners, Rehearsal Dinners, Anniversaries & Birthdays, Holiday Parties, Intimate Fireside Receptions
- Private Party Contact: Wendi Terlecky 2155650139x
- Entertainment: Piano every Friday & Saturday Evening
A word from Joseph Ambler Inn
Tucked away on 12 acres of lawns & gardens, the Joseph Ambler Inn is the ideal setting for a truly exceptional dining experience. Featuring award winning contemporary American cuisine & an extensive wine list. The Dining room is located in the renovated stone barn & features hardwood floors, exposed stone walls, & historic ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Joseph Ambler Inn - Best Restaurants in North Wales ›
Joseph Ambler Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)special occasion (57)romantic (54)scenic view (35)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- AnitaanitaDined on 6/12/2014Good food, service and ambience great, however, too priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAI ShinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014I treated house guests to dinner at the Jos Ambler Inn in Montgomeryville and I was not disappointed with the meal nor the service. Our steaks were done to perfection (in fact my friend was raving about his filet mignon for the the next two days.) and his wife said that the salmon was excellent. There were sufficient quantity for them to bring back to the house for lunch the following day. My friends wife at the lunch table said that the Jos Ambler Inn salmon was "a gift that keeps on giving." What an accolade. The service was courteous and prompt, by both the waitress and bus boy. As a host, it was a pleasure to see my friends so pleased by the meal and service at JAI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Local But Just Found This GemBucksCountyDinerDined on 6/3/2014We live locally but only had heard of this place for corporate events. Our loss! Great food, awesome ambiance, and setting. Two things of note....HUGE portions and the Price Fixed $25 Lunch was a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice quiet dinnerShehatespepperDined on 6/2/2014Went to dinner early on a warm early June night for our anniversary. Sat outside. Service was great. The Chilean Sea Bass and the filet were both wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 449 reviews are from the Joseph Ambler Inn reviews archive.
- Not the sameDANnyVIPDined on 5/17/2014I guess I am on a bad roll.... .. I will send a PM to the JAI.... 4 people $400...shodl have gone elsewhere... have dined here for 23 years, but things have changed
- Nice BYOB OptionSams1stUncleDined on 5/16/2014Joseph Ambler Inn continues to provide good food in a nice relaxed country setting without requiring a more distant drive. Although not unwarranted, the prices are on the high side especially if you enjoy three or four courses and drinks. On select evenings JAI does offer a BYOB option which allows you to enjoy a special bottle or keep the total bill a little lower. This option is only available a couple of nights a week, so check in advance to avoid any issues. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Really lovely place with great foodSusyDined on 5/16/2014This place is a true gem. I stayed there while visiting my mother who was in a nearby nursing home. The restaurant is outstanding and the staff is terrific. But the most appealing thing is the incredibly beautiful setting that houses the six historic buildings including the barn where the restaurant is. A very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but priceyfood44Dined on 5/11/2014Family of four attended for Mother's Day mid-afternoon sitting. Buffet was pretty good. Lots of choices, most of it well flavored and seasoned. Some wasn't quite hot enough. Definitely overpriced, though. $42 an $17, adults and kids. But for a once-in-awhile occasion, not bad I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Find!SDoc51Dined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day Brunch here. We were able to obtain a table outside on their patio and enjoy the beautiful surroundings on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. The buffet had everything you look forward to at Brunch. It was all delicious. We took our time between courses. Our server was there when needed to take our drink orders, refill water and remove our plates. All five of us had never been there before and we all agreed that we would come back and recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love JAIOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014What a nice Mother's Day! I loved the brunch spread! My family enjoyed it too!Special Features:
- Beautiful Ambiance but...Out2eat678Dined on 5/11/2014This was not the best brunch. We went for Mother's Day and were disappointed with the food - especially for the price. We have had nicer brunch for less at other restaurants. The whole family felt the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014I took my wife here for Mother's Day on the recommendation of a co-worker and was pleasantly surprised. Even though they only offered a special Mother's Day brunch buffet, the food was fresh, varied, and delicious. However, the atmosphere was what sold us into coming back again real soon. It is in a small village setting with shops and walking trails with ample parking and, features outdoor dining which should be wonderful on a quiet summer evening. Price wise I'm sure you can do better but both of us felt the $42.00 per person for the buffet was reasonable for what was offered and the service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the samedisappointedDined on 5/11/2014We had our wedding at the Joseph Ambler Inn 18 years ago. It was great then but not any more. The food is more generic and not particularly prepared well. The staff seems to have completely turned over and seem inexperienced and need to be prompted to do their job. It comes across now as a catering hall instead of a fine restaurant. Very disappointing for a place that has such fond memories.
- Mother's Day BrunchLeeJTF96Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch was very fresh and tasty with a variety of breakfast and lunch options. I would return in the future however I gave only 4 out if 5 stars because the desserts were just OK. I do not mind paying the price we paid but, for that price, the dessert could have been freshly made instead of pre-packaged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpawriterVIPDined on 5/10/2014We've happily gone to JA for years On the Saturday before Mother's Day we went, expecting the same. Purposely avoiding Mother's Day itself, we thought it would be like any normal Saturday night. It wasn't The hostess couldn't find the reservation, only to find out after 10 minutes, that the rest of our party was already seated at the table. She even showed me a list of other names that maybe I made it under instead of my own (????) Anyway, we were crammed in and I heard the lady behind me fighting with her husband----and could have heard many more conversations for the 2 1/2 hours it took to eat! After commenting, we never got so much as a 'sorry.' I'm sorry, but we're not going back.
- Rustic DiligenceGoodyDined on 5/9/2014Never disappointed. My favrite dining in Bux Mont area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 19490localVIPDined on 5/2/2014Perfect place for a special occasion or a leisurely dinner.Special Features:
- A Rare Find.MikeDined on 4/26/2014Five diners and everyone enjoyed their food except for my wife who thought her filet was too rare. The staff was very kind and accommodating.Special Features:
- classy and comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014The cosy and quaint atmosphere was just what I was looking for in taking my friend to lunch. The food was a great surprise - fresh and well prepared. The service was excellent - attentive and caring without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchlovestodineDined on 4/20/2014This was the first time my family had ever dined out on Easter for brunch. We have had dinner at the Joseph Ambler Inn before and have always enjoyed it. We were pleasantly pleased with the buffet selection for brunch. The food was outstanding and there was a variety to choose from. We especially enjoyed the grilled flank steak & carved ham. The desserts were delicious. We had a table in the main restaurant which was very nice and relaxing. The banquet room was also set up with tables and connected to the buffet room. However, our entire family felt the banquet room was extremely loud & noisy. It did not appear to be a relaxing setting to dine for Easter brunch. I would strongly recommend asking for a table in the main restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great placeIsraelFamilyDined on 4/20/2014I took my family to the Inn for Easter. It was our first time there. And it won't be our last. The food was fabulous. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Inn is beautiful. The grounds are beautiful. I can't wait for the weather to be warmer to sit outside and have lunch. I highly recommend the Joseph Ambler Inn. Very kid friendly also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT, BEAUTIFUL, Easter Dinner!FoodieInTraining1Dined on 4/20/2014Family and I had a beautiful Easter dinner. The food was delicious!!!!!! Quite a variety of foods and gorgeous presentation. It was a bit chilly outside so we couldn't sit on the terrace, but both the outside and inside were decorated. We sat near a window and had a view of the beautiful flowers and the grounds. There were many people there, but it certainly wasn't overly noisy. Foods ranged from gourmet salads, cheeses, baked goods, seafood (fish, crab, shrimp), 2 types of chicken, steak, ham, turkey, to vegetarian options like pastas, potatoes and vegetables. They even had a children's buffet of hot dogs, chicken tenders, mac & cheese, which really came in handy for our 3 and 1 yr. olds. The desserts were incredible, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MissDianeDined on 4/20/2014We love this restaurant for dinner. It is a pretty setting and the food is very good. Brunch was fine. There was a good selection, although a few items were not very warm. This often happens at a buffet, so understandable. Service was very good!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Great food and wonderful staff. Planning to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and we are in LOVE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014What is not to like here? Beautiful location and easy to get to. Wonderful food, and we just walked back to our room. Stayed at the Alden Suite and it was just wonderful. Even loved Shadow!! Most definitely coming back, again and again!Special Features:
- wonderful anniversary dinner!kimmybDined on 4/1/2014My boyfriend and I went the other night for our anniversary dinner, and it was simply amazing! The waitstaff were very friendly, and were attentive without being disruptive of our conversation. We had a delicious bottle of wine from their long list of offerings, split the spicy tuna tostada for an appetizer (highly recommend), and had the sea scallops and the Chilean sea bass for our entrees. Everything was out of this world! Such a quaint room, very cozy and romantic. We had a fabulous time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerjmackDined on 3/29/2014The dinner was very good we had a really nice unrushed time . The warm salad with goat cheese was to die for, my steak was good, the crabcake was a little rubbery. It was nice to get away and enjoy a nice quiet dinner. I would definitely go back !Special Features:
- great romantic inntjpattDined on 3/22/2014This is a bed and breakfast inn with a full restaurant, bar, and banquet facilities. The grounds, food, and ambiance is outstanding. The staff could not have been more friendly. We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting , good food ,NeekaDined on 3/21/2014Nice setting , good food , great servers..no complaints. Nice place for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Gem!HollySDined on 3/15/2014The food was delicious, and it was nice to relax in a great historic house. Very quaint setting, and the service was superb. We'll be back!Special Features:
- great food. looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014great food. looking forward to our next visit. do think $40 for ROL is highSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceGetawaywkndDined on 3/8/2014Being first time patrons of this restaurant, have to say...wow...meal was excellent. From the warm bread, spinach salad, to the steak and let's not forget dessert. We had a wonderful time and our server was awesome. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Secluded Celebration2dinersDined on 3/8/2014My special request was for a quiet table, away from the kitchen and the bar. We were seated at a secluded table in the corner of the main dining room. The setting could not have been better for a low-key birthday celebration for a special person. The wait staff was friendly, attentive and efficient. Our two steaks were over-done by one measure, the only drawback for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Historic setting and authentic foodBigTomDined on 3/1/2014Set in the middle of beautiful story buildings and serving authentic and somewhat his stork fair as well – this excellent restaurant is a great value for the excellent food and service you receive. It's too expensive for an everyday treat - but it is a wonderful place for special occasions with great wines, an excellent bar and cocktails, incredible food and a wonderful ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Business LunchbuckscountyDined on 2/25/2014Had a great lunch here. Very reasonably priced for high quality food. I loved the crisp white table cloths and great service that knew just when to show up at our table. Tables seemed slightly too high for the chairs, but it's all part of an antique vibe I suppose and this certainly wouldn't stop my return. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2014This was our first visit to the Joseph Ambler Inn. It will not be the last. We were very impressed by the quality of the food and the atmosphere was wonderful. Beautiful views as we walked around. We plan on staying overnight next time to get a chance to sample the breakfast and lunch menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food and varied menu.ChasboDined on 2/22/2014Superb food and varied menu. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight Spacenosp4uDined on 2/21/2014Overall my wife and I had a good experience. We found the wine list and food to be very good. The only problem we had was where we were seated. We had an early reservation and the restaurant was not crowded at all. The hostess (very nice) escorted us through a small doorway and seated us in a small room with 5 tables set up for two. The tables were right on top of each other. Very uncomfortable because there was a couple sitting eating already. We didn't want to seem rude, so we did not ask to switch tables, big mistake on our part. Other couples who came in felt the same anxiety and asked for a table change. I am sorry we did not do the same. That room seems like it would be good to share with family, not strangers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juicy well-done filetTrishSept11984Dined on 2/20/2014I always get the filet when I go to Joseph Ambler Inn and I like it well done. The steak is delicious and is still perfect reheated the next day for lunch :) The restaurant is an attractive setting that I rarely see crowded at dinner during the week. Seems like it's the best kept secret around. It's kind of pricy, but the food is wonderful. The dessert was good, but the entrees are the highlights. The only complaint I would have about the menu -- there is a price fix menu for $39 including appetizer, entree and dessert, but the selection on that menu is much too limited. There is only 2 choices of entree and 2 choices for appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joseph Ambler Inn Great For VD!ccr4evrDined on 2/16/2014Took my girlfriend to Joseph Ambler Inn for Dinner and Overnight! Very romantic place and great hospitality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.