398 North Congress Avenue
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://snappers.com/
- Phone: 5613758600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Paul DeCant
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private party room at Snappers Seafood can accommodate up to 70 guests. The Wine Room has private facilities and private entrance. We can arrange a moderately priced lunch or a 4 course wine dinner. Snappers Seafood - voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" Sun Sentinel 2011.
- Private Party Contact: John or Sally 5613758600
- Special Events: We recently added a Vegan section to our menu. The Vegan menu is overseen by Mrs. Snapper, a Vegan, who pays close attention to all details. No corkage fees on Monday night. Bring your special bottle and enjoy!
A word from Snappers Seafood
October 2011 Snappers Seafood was voted the "Best Seafood Restaurant in Boynton Beach", Sun Sentinel Forum. We're centrally located in Palm Beach County near the Boynton Beach Mall ~ just minutes from West Palm Beach & Boca Raton. Snappers has been serving the Palm Beaches since 1994. Sample the exceptional value of gourmet quality that put Snappers Seafood on the map and kept us thriving for 18 years! Our house specialties include Boathouse Salmon, Cedar Planked Halibut, Danish Lobster Tails & Golden Shrimp & Scallops. In 2011 Snappers garnered the "Restaurants for Wine Lovers" award by the Wine Spectator Magazine. The list is the product of John & Jamin Stilley, Father-Daughter team of sommeliers. Check-out our Fabulous wine list and Free corkage on Monday nights. We recently re-decorated with dark woods and shades of blues and greens. We added cushy new bar stools and comfortable leather chairs in the dining room. Lots of round tables for parties of 6 to 12 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Snappers Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- We all enjoyed eating here.PinkyVIPDined on 1/25/2014We all enjoyed eating here. They do honor reservations, which is nice. The wait staff is friendly and fast. The food was delicious and served hot. The garlic rolls were great. We definitely will return in the near future!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server, Laurie , was thecindiVIPDined on 1/25/2014Our server, Laurie , was the best. Made it a fun evening for all 6 of us. I think the fish is not the freshest it could be. They do have a great wine list
- First time there and it certainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2014First time there and it certainly will not be our last. Delicious food!!!!Special Features:
- Not impressedIsaNDined on 1/20/2014The restaurant was very busy; however I was not impressed with this restaurant at all. Even with our reservation, we still waited 20 minutes to be seated. Staff were not overly friendly. Seafood did not taste fresh and tasted like food you would order from a cafeteria.
- All seafood was fresh deliciousJerryfDined on 1/17/2014All seafood was fresh delicious and prepared well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PleasurelovegoodfoodDined on 1/16/2014Attractive, large, lively restaurant. Even thought it might be too large. But when I requested we be put in "as quiet a room as possible" I was amazed the staff was listening and eager to please me. They showed us to The Wine Room, a finite sized area where we could talk to each other in normal voices and be easily heard without any stress, It made for a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional foodoldasdirtDined on 1/16/2014Solid, standard choices. Good value for earlier bird special.
- Food and service always goodDollyVIPDined on 1/14/2014Reservation was promptly honored! Waiter was personable and efficient. I go there as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive fish selectionTonyDined on 1/13/20148 people, 8 different entrees, everyone enjoyed their meal,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodJustAnotherNewYorkerDined on 1/10/2014Nice assortment of seafood. Love the Caribbean Shrimp soup. This is in of my stops on each visit to Florida. The planked halibut is one of favorites, but tonight had a touch too much butter. They used to have fried clams, but it was removed to try new items. Menus need to keep fresh, but sorry to see it go. Now, I just have to eat healthier .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iwas with a party do six(6).raymondDined on 12/23/2013Iwas with a party do six(6). we order from the sun set menu three of us order The broiled flounder it was small and over cooked and had a funny smell. my wife had the grilled salmon. it was 1to 1/1/2 inch wide ,when i asked the server why was it so small(childs size) her response was the are all the same size. That is not true ,I was their a week before and it was a decent size. Its a shame I rave about snapperto my four friends and we were disappointed . I figuered we'd order from the sunset menu and if it's good we'd come back.And to top it off it was a birthday.
- Our WelcomeShmattamanDined on 12/19/2013The young hostess kept gazing into her computer for what seemed like two full minutes before raising her eyes and smiling to welcome me. Since I am a fairly large man, there was no mistaking my presence and a simple hello and "I'll be with you in a moment" would have been more polite rather than leaving me standing there waiting for her to finish what she was doing. The food was very good and the waiter was trained well enough to know not to clear dishes until everyone had finished. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Accomodations for the "handicapped"GeorgeDined on 12/14/2013Limited seating space for a person on a wheelchair in a group of four or less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatFlaverCraverDined on 12/13/2013Been to Snapper's many times and never disappointed. One of us always orders the Planked Halibut special, and another orders the daily special. Excellently prepared fish and nicely plated. Have recommend Snapper's highly to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodtechmirthDined on 12/7/2013The food is consistently very good, but the wait staff is hit or miss. It's an older adult clientele, but don't let that keep you away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated as soon assjw2459VIPDined on 12/6/2013We were seated as soon as we walked in & our waitress was great. The salmon was delicious as well as the flounder almondine . We certainly would return again.Special Features:
- A Favorite12jewelsDined on 12/2/2013We have been dining at Snappers for the last 15 years....one of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining outStewVIPDined on 12/1/2013Snappers is an easy place to go to. Food is always excellent at moderate prices. Service is done with a smile. They recognize your reservations. What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable, friendly , best seafoodSherryDined on 11/29/2013This local spot has been a favorite of our family for many years. The high food quality is consistent, and staff is friendly. This place is the best value in PB county for seafood! Try the scollops, blackened mahi-mahi, or fish on a plank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood and great varietyYaelDined on 11/24/2013Quiet night and wait staff moderately attentive. Planked Halibut was dry. Have had it before and remember it as moist and delicious. Liked the vegan menu. Had the vegan soup and it was tasty. Great place to take your vegetarian family and friends. Comprehensive seafood and vegetarian menu. Definitely will go back. They also take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden GardenCfoodLov3rDined on 11/22/2013I took my wife there for a quiet night out, this restaurant did the trick. The ambiance was eclectic, our waitress was awesome. She knew exactly what my wife would love for desert and my wife was not disappointed. Can I have her by request when we return?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSquidlyDined on 11/22/2013Loved the planked halibut. Service was great. Attentive but not obtrusive. The others liked the danish lobster tails. And the crab stuffed mushrooms? Great! Excellent wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reason It Is Always BusymgdbytheseaDined on 11/17/2013Glad I made a reservation... it was packed for a Sunday night! Luckily we got there after 6pm. The Early Bird crowd was just finishing up. We got our drinks and order in quickly enough, but it took a while for the bread basket and quite a while for our entrees to show. I had the Danish Lobster, which I highly recommend. About two dozen savory lobster "bites". I tried the Stuffed Shrimp, but felt the crab stuffing was mostly breading. I had a piece of bake scallop... tender, but flavor was nothing to make a note of. Someone I went with had (s)mashed potatoes and talked them up. Looked much better than the baked potato I ordered. The Caesar Salad got a good review and I also enjoyed the Quinoa Salad. Service was decent, but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Manager failed to honor requestBellaggioDined on 11/16/2013When I made the reservation, I added a request; my party requested a round table located in the Wine Room for 8. I called to confirm that request and spoke with the Manager, who said "Done...no problem". When we arrived the hostess had a table for 8 but said the wine room was full. When we asked for the Manager he remembered our request but did not honor it, stating they had just seated a few tables in there so it wouldn't be available for awhile. We were also told about happy hour at the bar, but it didn't really include many choices; the majority of the liquors were full price.Special Features:
- Very good seafood; ConsistentdrphotoDined on 11/16/2013Very good seafood; Consistent Quality;Good Value and ServiceSpecial Features:
- Consistently good food, nicelyArturoDined on 11/15/2013Consistently good food, nicely presented, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodJehermanDined on 11/15/2013As always, Snappers has the best seafood around at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2013My husband and I went for the early bird special. There was plenty of food. My husband had the flounder which he said was good. He tried a my cedar planked cod and liked it was well. So did I. They also serve you delicious garlic rolls. I do think they could have a few more choices on the dessert part of it though. It was only a choice of different flavored ice creams and their key lime tart. The tart was okay. Overall, it was a nice evening out. Our waitress Amber was very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One person in our party orderedrockyDined on 11/4/2013One person in our party ordered a dish and said only shrimp. The waitress did not state that it came with snapper. She just said okay for no scallops and all shrimp. When the dish was brought to the table and a comment was made that we wanted only shrimp, Megan, the waitress, became offensive and defensive.
- Fresh tasty seafood at a fair priceshellybocaVIPDined on 11/3/2013Very busy seafood restaurant. Stone crabs were excellent. Special fish of the night of haddock over squash wonderful. The house salad was not great. Better to order the cole slaw which is the best we have tasted. All in all a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best for FishFlaverCraverDined on 11/3/2013We have eaten at Snappers numerous times and never been disappointed. It is worth the 45 minute trip south to dine there.Special Features:
- One of our Favorite RestaurantscarfreeDined on 10/29/2013We come here often because the food is always excellent, as well as the service. This is the only restaurant where I order fish; it's always fresh and delicious. They also offer member perks such as 25% off your meal the month of your birthday, no matter how often you come and a bottle of wine to celebrate. We also got two free glasses of wine when we came on our anniversary.Special Features:
- Good as UsualDelrayDollVIPDined on 10/25/2013I had a 2 lb. Maine lobster (soft shell) which was as sweet as could be ($29.99). Hubby had his usual Danish lobster tails ($2 off) which is loaded with butter, but that's how he likes 'em. And he loves their martini as well. I called earlier the day before to try and get an earlier time than the 8:00 that was available on OT and owner John answered phone and assured me if we came at 7:30 it would be fine, which it was. Also mentioned to him that we saw a repeat of Michele Bernstein's favorable review of restaurant on TV just the night before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but far from greatRoadWarrior45VIPDined on 10/24/2013It has dated decor and is a so-so food quality restaurant in a shopping center. Probably worth it if you get there early for the early-bird specials.
- The best seafood in the areaDollyVIPDined on 10/18/2013The food looked great and it tasted equally good! The main attraction was the fact that we were seated at the time reserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise.....BobbyDined on 10/13/2013This was out first visit to "Snappers" It was a pleasant experience and we will definitely be going back. The lay out is excellent. You don't feel squeezed in between other diners which is the case in so many of the restaurants in the vicinity. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Worth the drive!ksam916VIPDined on 10/10/2013We live approximately 29 miles (one way) away from Snappers, and probably pass more than a dozen seafood restaurants between our home and their business. But it's worth the drive/gas/time to get to Snappers. We crave the house special (Halibut) and it has always met our expectations. One day (if we've been hit on the head) we'll try something different....nah. Who am I kidding? Once you've had the best, why bother?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- senior heavenfinickyeaterDined on 10/5/2013our reservation was honored & we were seated immediately. seems to be a favorite of mature adults. service was courteous & prompt. the danish lobster tails were delicious & cooked to perfection. the rolls were doughy & undercooked. ambience was ok what you would expect in a fish restaurant. great for large parties as they have an abundance of large round tables.Special Features:
- The $15 price fixed meal whichOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2013The $15 price fixed meal which includes appetizer, entree, dessert and coffee is a true find. There is enough variety for anyone.Special Features:
- great fishjoaniepDined on 9/22/2013revisited after an absence of a few years. great meal,2ill be back.Special Features: