Libby's Cafe & Bar
1917 South Osprey Ave.
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Libby's Cafe & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libbyscafebar.com/
- Phone: 9414877300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily 3:00pm-Close;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30-3:00;
Happy Hour Daily 4-7pm;
Thursday Ladies' Night, 9pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kyle Harrington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Choose from three different menus based on price, bar and event or customize your own private dinner or special celebration; private dining rooms available on-site
- Entertainment: Thursday Nights (9pm - 2am) -- DJ Scotty B and DJ Santana
- Special Events: Private dining rooms are available with varied menu options to customized events based on interest and budget
A word from Libby's Cafe & Bar
Lively and casually sophisticated Libby's Cafe + Bar has won over the hearts and palates of Sarasota diners and visitors since opening in October 2008. Its Modern American cuisine includes creative Asian and Italian influences with small and large plate options. Whether it’s enjoying a Happy Hour special, lunch, Sunday Brunch, dinner or a special occasion event in the private dining room, value, quality and service consistency is paramount for this family owned café that thrives on genuine hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Libby's Cafe & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Libby's Cafe & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (32)good for groups (29)great for brunch (23)romantic (16)notable wine list (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A Gem on OspreyRLMJLVIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a great Easter brunch at Lubby's. It was an impressive dining experience. The entire staff were on their "A" game in addressing every challenge a continually steady stream of dining patrons presented. The quality and array of items offered for the buffet were excellent and constantly replenished by staff. There were plenty of different options to satisfy almost any palate. The staff at Libby's did not rush you, rather they made it clear in their conduct and actions that they wanted you to have a very positive dining experience. They succeeded and we did. We could not be any happier with our choice for dining on Easter Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Easter Brunch is excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My husband, his parents and I have Easter Brunch each year at Libby's. The service is excellent, and the food is delicious. There are so many options to choose from the buffet. You must make a reservation or risk missing out on the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter ParadeBuckyDined on 4/20/2014Went to the Libby's buffet on Easter. Good but not overwhelming selection of food options, and, being Libby's, there was a constant parade of all types of people. The kids seemed to be particulary enjoying the Easter Candy station. Suggest you plan to arrive early as the buffet lines where quite long by noon.Special Features:
- Best find of the Season!derek45Dined on 4/16/2014We tried to get in here all winter and finally made it! It was by far the best food we had all winter with the best service Our friends that joined us agreed we have lighter fare as we were going to the theatre and didn't want to fall asleep! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Dining at its best!James7777777Dined on 4/12/2014Great restaurant where the are doing everything right. Reservations were easy to make on-line. Menu is unique to Libby's . My entree was served on creamed kale. Excellent! Menu also has items for vegetarian, vegan and gluten free diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Thumbs UpDarleneDined on 4/12/2014This was my first visit to Libby's for their Saturday brunch. It was wonderful! The weather was perfect, so we sat outside as they have a nice selection of outdoor tables available. My girlfriends and I took advantage of the mimosa bar where we were able to create the perfect mimosas complete with fresh berries and/or raspberry or mango puree. I ordered the grilled veggie chopped salad topped with grilled salmon. In a word, Amazing! I will definitely be back for future brunches at Libby's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014Dined outside. Very pleasant. One of our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/8/2014My husband and I headed for Libby's as soon as we hit town. It's was great to be back. The food was even better than we remembered and the service was professional and in obtrusive. We got great advice on a wine choice. We 'll be back.Special Features:
- Service needs to be stepped upCyclistVIPDined on 4/7/20144.6 for the food, but only 3 for service, which started out very ragged and improved only slightly. It seems to me that a place like this would wow with service. Our waitron came up promptly, but then disappeared until long after we were ready to order. Bread was very late coming, and was received only after we asked for it twice.Special Features:
- Libby's was in a great location.gunlakerDined on 4/7/2014Libby's was in a great location. Love the outdoor seating. Wait staff was great and timely. We didn't feel the food was anything exceptional. We had six diners with six different entrees and 4 out of the six were disappointed. Portion sizes were small for the price. Probably wouldn't recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodemo4488Dined on 4/6/2014This was our second visit to Libby's and upon arrival we immediately noticed the same dishwasher smell in the room. (note: replace the carpets with wood flooring.). They gave us some cheese biscuits to start that were heavy and members in our party would have rather had white rolls -but can't really complain about free rolls. The entrees and apps were pleasing. Our service was not up to par - server was nice but it seemed fake and a little fresh. When our entrees came we asked for another round of drinks. These drinks did not appear until our meal was done and it was time to clear the table. I was also put off by the waiter asking me to hand him the dishes! Overall it's a nice meal - a little pricey but the food is consistently good.
- Calling all FoodiesAquavitVIPDined on 4/6/2014Libby's never disappoints... From Sunday Brunch( fabulous) to their Happy Hour... always spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we visit Sarasota, thisMarkVIPDined on 4/5/2014When we visit Sarasota, this is one of our favorite places we look forward to dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly and competent serviceSandMDined on 4/5/2014We ate lunch there twice in three days, as a couple, then as a foursome. Service was friendly, competent and had no problem satisfying one of our fussier friends. Pleasant, airy room. As the place filled up, it got harder to carry on a conversation, but still pleasant. Nice variety of choices on the menu, and the food was very tasty. Desserts were spectacular and scrumptious--I'd go just for them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect after the ballet mealjoanVIPDined on 4/5/2014Libby's prix fixe late afternoon menu is so perfect for after...today it was the ballet, last time it was matinee musical performance. The food is great, servings are not huge so all three courses can be leisurely enjoyed as we discuss the ballet and just say again, arts, Sarasota weather, Libby's....life is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed with thisMeYoVIPDined on 4/5/2014I was disappointed with this restaurant. The food was less than okay . The waiter was not on top of everything We asked him questions and he did not know the answer and he did not find out for us eitherSpecial Features:
- Keep it simpleBonsaiannieDined on 4/4/2014I love Libby's atmosphere. The staff was attentive and welcoming. Drinks were appropriate mix - not too weak or strong and wine suggestion was on the mark! The menu is interesting and I would like to have tried more dishes. Beet salad was good, a nice combination of flavors and husband's tomato mozzarella salad looked good. My snapper was good, nice quality and generous serving, but had a little too much coating and had too much of a flavor but not sure what it was. My biggest complaint is that some dishes were just too complicated. Our waiter couldn't remember the names of some of the ingredients or spices because he had to list so many. Great quality, but some dishes just seemed overworked!Special Features:
- We ate outdoors which wasSashaVIPDined on 4/4/2014We ate outdoors which was provided a lovely setting as the evening was weather perfect. Having dined at Libby's often, and enjoying it, I knew enough to request outside or close to the "open to the outside" front of the restaurant. NOISE LEVELS CAN BECOME RATHER INTENSE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BUT NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014WHILE MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOOD HAS BEEN FROM A 3 TO 5 STAR, THE NOISE LEVEL IS THE KILLER. HARD TO HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOVE THE EXCESSIVE NOISE. FOOD HAS BEEN FAIRLY CONSISTENT BUT SOME SERVICE EXPERIENCES HAVE NOT. i AM STILL A CUSTOMER,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingvenetianfallsDined on 4/3/2014Excellent service, outstanding food, price was reasonable, plan to go back for the early bird 3 course special..............Special Features:
- Great new find!jjvanDined on 4/3/2014Was glad to finally dine here after passing by so many times. The experience was excellent! Our server was knowledgeable and his wine recommendation right on. The quality of the unique entrees pleased the eye but definitely appeased the appetite. Will come back next year when the cold winter sends us to Siesta KeySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodMeriamDined on 4/3/2014Being a serious foodie, I found Libby's to serve serious food. It's not just creative, it's delicious, arrives attractively plated and hot when it's supposed to be hot. They have a new deep-fried appetizer called a Cheese Steak Egg Roll (I am not certain that is the precise name for it) that is UNREAL delicious! Also had a fabulous Lamb Burger with tzaziki that couldn't have been better! My companion agreed about the "egg roll" and also enjoyed her Mahi-mahi platter. Get there early -- it fills up quickly, and for good reason -- the food is great! Super lunch place!Special Features:
- When searching online forTerraceDined on 4/2/2014When searching online for a "special place" to dine in Sarasota, I selected Libbey's because of the Happy Hour and the Prix Fixe Menu. We arrived early and ordered drinks and appetizers in the bar. EXCELLENT! We debated on whether to stay in the bar or to go to our reserved table for dinner. Either choice would have been a good one! We were seated in the dining room where we ordered from the Prix Fixe Menu. We were not disappointed. I had a Ceasar salad; my husband had the tomato soup. I had the salmon entree, and my husband had the meat loaf. For dessert, I had the blonde brownie, and my husband had the sorbet. And oh, by the way, the Prix Fix Menu included a glass of wine! We were pleased with ALL of our choices. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!!!RogueeDined on 4/1/2014This is my favorite place for lunch & dinner in Sarasota, and I make a point to visit every time I am in town. The staff goes out of their way to make sure everyone has a pleasant experience. The menu is always interesting and the food is always delicious. Libby's is always a consistently great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mix n Match DeliciousJeffeatshereDined on 3/30/2014We enjoyed a delicious brunch we made up of several great small plates including deviled eggs, meatballs and short rib tacos. All of them were excellent. They have a fun Bloody Mary bar and other delicious cocktails. There is inside and outside dining that flow well together. Our service, though adequate, was neither warm nor attentive. This was not my first visit , so I know this was the exception and not the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a friend, Libby'sKCSOhioDined on 3/30/2014Recommended by a friend, Libby's did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Efficient diningpiratefanDined on 3/29/2014Our meals were served rapidly for a quick dining experience with good seafood. Our daughter ordered one of their specialty drinks and found it to be way too sweet. They took it back, dumped half the drink and filled it with more of the tart ingredients. My meal came with Swiss chard. There was so much pancetta that you couldn't tell it was Swiss chard. My husband got the cedar planned salmon and got a splinter in his tongue from the plank! Took him 24 hours to get it out The service was prompt and attentive. The seafood was well prepared and well seasoned.
- Great but loudviolaDined on 3/29/2014I recommend this restaruant for their food but it to loud to hear the person sitting next to you. I would suggest sitting outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, table, and waitressCOMRAKVIPDined on 3/29/2014It was our last night of vacation and we chose Libby's having been there several years back and liking it very much. We were not disappointed by the food or drink. We had a fabulous table at the window. Our server was very professional. My mom was treating us for dinner so she expected everything to be perfect. The bus boy/assistant server spilled a glass of water on the table and some fell on my husbands lap. They were very quick to remove everything and replace with dry everything. When the check came my mom was disappointed they did not offer a free dessert, drink, or something off the bill. I told her it was an accident and we are all guilty of accidents. I would return and feel the service was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso GoodoDimitriDined on 3/28/2014The Braised Lamb Shank was delicious, and osso tender !! The calamari is not to be missed!! The pasta appetizer was very tasty as well as very garlicy. Nice wine list with a grand Malbec @ $40 per btl. Try it, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Libby's ExperienceDennyDined on 3/28/2014Good atmosphere/ambience. Friendly, attentive service. Adequate menu variety/choices. Food excellent. Trendy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird ConvertbuflosiouxDined on 3/27/2014A Sarasota gem. 3 course prix fixe with outstanding 1st course and entre selections, includes a glass of wine or beer! Dessert selections were OK. Service was friendly, attentive and very accommodating. An overall enjoyable experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKTandem2Dined on 3/26/2014Trendy but very noisy. Waiter was inattentive. Pear salad was not as menu described. Beef in tacos was chewy & fatty. Mahi in tacos sparse. Spaghetti sauce was bland.
- We would dine at Libby's againDaveDined on 3/25/2014We caught the early bird dinner special - such good food and such a deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was one group of womenLibbyWDined on 3/24/2014There was one group of women who were very loud and disruptive the night we were there. I wish the staff/management would have done more to shut them up. They were the worst part of our experience. A couple tables around us gave a collective sigh of relief when they left. Too bad we were almost done with our dinner by the time they left. We would have appreciated better control. They were obnoxious and everyone was aware of their behavior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceFransewsDined on 3/23/2014Took my wife, daughter and her boyfriend to Libby's and we enjoyed an excellent, nicely paced meal. Great variety to satisfy both the meat lovers and fish eaters in our group. Our request for booth seating was accommodated which made for a comfortable dining experience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!SnowballDined on 3/23/2014One of my faves!!! Service is always friendly, fun waiters, great food, with something for everyone's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food, fantastic servicekiawolfDined on 3/23/2014It was fantastic - we are going again tonight so I believe that says it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lbgirishdinerDined on 3/22/2014The food and service were both very good, however when we arrived we were told they were behind and we would have to wait 15 minutes. We then ate in the bar which has the same menu. so everything worked out.Special Features:
- Menu updateReba54Dined on 3/20/2014Menu could use some updating. Waitress was great, drinks were good size but found restaurant to b e extremely noisy. It's in a great location but needs more specials .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.