Libby's Cafe & Bar
1917 South Osprey Ave.
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Libby's Cafe & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libbyscafebar.com/
- Phone: 9414877300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily 3:00pm-Close;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30-3:00;
Happy Hour Daily 4-7pm;
Thursday Ladies' Night, 9pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kyle Harrington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Choose from three different menus based on price, bar and event or customize your own private dinner or special celebration; private dining rooms available on-site
- Entertainment: Thursday Nights (9pm - 2am) -- DJ Scotty B and DJ Santana
- Special Events: Private dining rooms are available with varied menu options to customized events based on interest and budget
A word from Libby's Cafe & Bar
Lively and casually sophisticated Libby's Cafe + Bar has won over the hearts and palates of Sarasota diners and visitors since opening in October 2008. Its Modern American cuisine includes creative Asian and Italian influences with small and large plate options. Whether it’s enjoying a Happy Hour special, lunch, Sunday Brunch, dinner or a special occasion event in the private dining room, value, quality and service consistency is paramount for this family owned café that thrives on genuine hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Libby's Cafe & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Libby's Cafe & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (32)good for groups (29)great for brunch (23)romantic (16)notable wine list (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Libby'sjdgroup3Dined on 6/21/2014My husband, 15 year old son, and I are at Libby's for the first time at the recommendation of my Uncle. My husband had the Kobe meatloaf special, my son the mixed seafood pasta, and I had the Mahi tacos with house salad.All were delicious! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmjmeyerDined on 6/19/2014Libby's was terrific. Brian was great. Food was diverse and flavorful. Choices were good. All the different flavors were terrific. The small plates were great for the ladies. The evening was perfect. The best we've had on the gulf coast for a special occasion. Loved it!!Special Features:
- New Menu is AwesomeNannyVIPDined on 6/17/2014We tried the vegetable pad thai from the new menu and it was great! Love the new menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Father's DayniteoutinItalyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Well prepared food, at affordable prices, with attentive service. Can't ask for anything better!!Special Features:
- Previous visits were betterCookingfoodieDined on 6/14/2014We love the service in the bar and enjoy the small plates menu. We moved from there into the dining room where food and service took a nose-dive. The waiter did not know the menu, provided non-answers when asked basic questions or information that was found to have been wrong. We were frustrated, left with our dessert to go which we ended up throwing away. It was on a special menu...pie (mostly rough sliced bananas) in what was intended to be a pie shell for savory recipes. It was beyond awful. We may go back but I am not comfortable recommending the restaurant at this point.Special Features:
- GoodDiningVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants iin Sarasota, Exciting food. Wish they could do something about the noise level. I am used to high levels but this one makes it difficult to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteLov2dineVIPDined on 6/14/2014Whenever you go to Libby's you know the food will be delicious and innovative, the cocktails excellent and the wine list extensive. Our favorite is to dine outside. The service is always superb. The waiters are not only attentive, but they are knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Libby's Cafe & BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Libby's Cafe & Bar is a lively upscale restaurant. Tables are appointed with white table cloths with brown cloth napkins, impeccably clean plates, glass'es, and flatware. Service was great from the waiter, salad and dessert, and buss boy, personnel. White wines were all 2011, priced from $35- $42 per bottle, which shows Libby's is up to date for white wine maturity. The noise level was quite high at times, just from the number of people engaged in the lively art of conversation. Restrooms were clean, but you had to pass by waiter stations at the back of the restaurant, which were quite busy. Expect to pay $70 per person, which includes $35 bottle of wine, dessert, tax, tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the BestMissDDined on 6/10/2014Good food. Great service. .our favorite in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My "go to" placeJudyBDined on 6/10/2014I eat here frequently with friends and enjoy the food and wine. The prices are very reasonable. especially given that it is such an upscale place. The menu features the basics with a twist and some innovative and delicious dishes. The service is prompt and professional. My only complaint would be the noise level so I tend to go during off hours when there are fewer people. If you are in the Sarasota area, it is definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJenFDined on 6/5/2014The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We really enjoyed the parmesan fries and deviled eggs. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedJeffVIPDined on 6/2/2014We've been here before and liked it. This time the lamb much too peppery, the chicken was much to bland and the piped in music was annoying. Don't think we'll return when there are so many other choiced.
- Best brunch everLynnDined on 6/1/2014I had the best sausages, ( I don't think meat) blueberry pancakes and hashbrowns; not a buffet, and the recipes were special for all three items; it was delicious; third time at the restaurant, first time, and not the last for brunch. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Meal in every wayImissNewOrleansDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated a high school graduation at Libby's on a Saturday night with 10 people (4 teenagers with fairly discerning tastes in food, and six adults). Several people in the group were from New Orleans (where food is the universal language) and a couple were well-traveled, and everyone loved Libby's. From the extensive and interesting menu to the attentive service, it was a marvelous experience. We had the black-eyed pea hummus, korean spare ribs and patatas bravas small plates, and between them they pleased the vegetarians and the meat-eaters alike. Most everyone had seafood of some sort for dinner (seafood pasta, seared tuna, mahi tacos and local grouper were big hits) and everyone plans to return. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Superb affordable dining!James7777777Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I brought a dear friend and her companion here. We came here for brunch. Their "libbypalooza" was excellent. The blueberry pancakes were like a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YoyoDined on 5/24/2014The meatloaf is outstanding. Nice atmosphere. Friendly. We have eaten here many times and we always enjoy our food, drinks, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!jhuntVIPDined on 5/24/2014We really enjoyed the cocktails and the "Hot and Moody" appetizer. A must!!! We enjoyed lunch so much we came back for dinner the next night. Service and food and delightful.Special Features:
- HungryHankVIPDined on 5/23/2014Once again, a very positive experience! One of our favorites in Sarasota!
- NurseOutForLunchDined on 5/21/2014This is a great place to meet for a casual or business lunch. The atmosphere is vibrant, the food is delicious, and the service is excellent. It is my go to place for local meet ups and for out of towners who always want to come back here, too!!Special Features:
- ddd22ddd22Dined on 5/19/2014Love Libby's- always feel comfortable bringing guests there, never disappointed!Special Features:
- May 19 2014SusieDined on 5/19/2014We really enjoyed the food and service, though portions seem to be getting smaller.Special Features:
- We love Libby'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014We had out of town guests & decided to try the early bird dining. We made reservations on line & asked for a widow. We couldn't have asked for anything better . Food was delicious, excellent service, being able to sit with the window/door was awesome. It was a most delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- LoudJanieReDined on 5/17/2014My mother loves to dine @ Libby's so I took her there Saturday for lunch. Everything was good except that we were very surprised to see a DJ at lunchtime. The music made it difficult to hear. I wonder if other elderly patrons also found the loud music bothersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecellent Once AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014Had not been back to Libby's in awhile. Enjoyed a great dinner with 5 friends on Thursday night. Great food and great service. Will be back again...Special Features:
- OverpricedpgeaterDined on 5/11/2014Pricing on this menu was consistent with a refined gourmet restaurant. Thought the food was quite good, my menu arrived dirty. Bread did not arrive until specifically requested. The restaurant is very loud, and the waiter charged our credit card incorrectly (not a theft , just an error). When I spend $26 an entree and everything is a la carte, I expect a more peaceful dining experience where things are superior to what I might find elsewhere. Having said that, the food was as promised. I had a very nice greens salad, and salmon that was done as I like it.
- Always GoodSRQArchitectDined on 5/11/2014Went once again to the Mother's Day brunch. Fourth year in a row. Always a good buffet, with a great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchlornadoone1972Dined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed our Mother's Day brunch at Libby's - it helped that we had a table right in the open window. The food choices on the buffet were excellent - many things for everyone and all tasty. The wine choices were great as my Pinot Gris is not easy to find. My mother and I had a lovely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchnotafanVIPDined on 5/11/2014Sorry, have to say I was disappointed. The buffet line was very difficult to navigate and I spent way too much time in line. I also didn't appreciate having to go to the bar to get a Mimosa. The food was okay but definitely not something I will attend again - I appreciate a little more pampering on Mother's Day...Special Features:
- Happy HourhardtopleaseDined on 5/10/2014A group of six of us came in at 5 pm for an early dinner before a concert. Libby's has a 3 course fixed price menu which we all went for. A choice of appetizer, entree and dessert with a glass of wine for $16. This deal ends at 5:30 pm, so after ordering one of their signature cocktails we put in our choices. I went with the house salad, baby spinach, mixed greens, french green beans tossed with a delightful vinaigrette. Next came the Shepard's Pie, well seasoned with peas and chipped beef topped with a potato mash. My dessert choice was the mango sorbet. Delic! Our waiter was very attentive in a very busy atmosphere.Special Features:
- menuRONALDDined on 5/2/2014everything on the menu is outstanding,THE KOBE SLIDERS AND THE PASTA DISHES ARE A MUST.Special Features:
- food has slipped, so sadhattieDined on 5/2/2014Chicken so dry it was returned salad WAY overdressed Steak ice cold and accompaninging arugula also overdressed fries cold as well Kobe meatloaf goodSpecial Features:
- Great group diningRLMJLVIPDined on 4/28/2014Our table for seven had a great dining experience. Libby's very capably served our large party. From drinks to starters to entrees through dessert, everything was well done, nicely prepared, presented and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. We would not hesitate in bringing a large group for dinner in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crab CakesChuckVIPDined on 4/27/2014We Relaxed and enjoyed delicious crab cakes and a glass of wine for a lite Sunday evening meal. Will frequent again next season when we return. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second ChanceBessieDined on 4/27/2014We sat outside, the weather was nice, but there was a strong smell of sewer from standing water in a parking space near our table. We could have moved but we had a cranky 7 year old with us and thought it better to stay where we were. I called this Second Chance because I would like to try coming again. My only complaint (sorry) was the red bell peppers in my dish. I am allergic to them and it wasn't listed as an ingredient on the menu. I had the lamb shank hash, which could have been stellar without the overpowering flavor of bell peppers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRicky1reviewDined on 4/26/2014We always enjoy Libby's whether early at the Bar, lunch or dinner. Service is always good except that things got a bit crazy during the early dining when the restaurant is filled to the last seat. Too noisy then.Special Features:
- Great find & update to old favoriteWinnDined on 4/25/2014We had not been in this space since it was Freds. Libby's is MUCH better! Nicely spaced tables, excellent service and something we all really appreciated was the 3 course Prix Fix menu with reasonably sized portions! We were dinning pre theatre and did not want to go to the play overstuffed. Libby's had an excellent selection available on their prix fix menu which included appetizer entre and desert and a glass of wine or a beer. We will definitely return to Libbys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champaign for LunchRockDrDined on 4/23/2014Wednesday special list of wines is ½ price. Moet & Chandon Imperial!!! Two Roasted Vegetables with Salmon specials were presented nicely and tasted great. Kobe meatloaf Libbstacker sandwich & Mushroom Cheeseburger were perfect. Started with bowls of sweet corn and crab chowder - to die for! Service was excellent. We sat inside right at one of the open doors. Great breeze, great friends and lively conversation and, oh, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from beginning to end!JamieVIPDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I recently dined at Libby's while on vacation. From the fresh biscuits to the tuna entre and meatloaf special, we loved everything. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitChico1303Dined on 4/20/2014We always go to Libby's when we want a great meal, a great atmospher, and excellent service. Thanks again Libby's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Easter Brunch!ChuckVIPDined on 4/20/2014The brunch was set up well with a great variety. Everything I tried was fresh and tasty. The area was large enough to handle the large crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.