Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Avenue
Trump's Taj Mahal
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/atlanticcity2.html
- Phone: 6094496004x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH THU - SUN 11:30AM - 3:00PM
DINNER SUN - THU 5:00PM - 10PM, FRI and SAT 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Happy Hour & Late Night Happy Hour: MON - SUN, 4:30-6:30PM and FRI and SAT, beginning at 10:00PM.
Offering $3 Beers, $5 select Wines by the glass, $6 Absolut cocktails. Specially priced $5 Appetizers include Personal Pizza, Arancini or Homemade Meatballs.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available with each seating up to 27 people, comfortably. Accentuated with 42" plasma TV's, Contemporary Black and White framed art, and beautiful wine racks, these rooms can accomodate an intimate dinner for 8 or a raucous super bowl gathering. Please contact us today so we can personalize your catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Lear 6094496006x
- Entertainment: Trattoria IL Mulino is very aesthetically pleasing with light wood floors, brick walls and dark orange hues. As you enter the restaurant, you will find a cocktail lounge area with couches, high-tops and a full-service bar. The main dining room is long and elegant with an open kitchen and a large community table with direct view of the brick pizza oven. A great restaurant for friends and families.
- Special Events: Jazz Brunch
Every Sun, 10a-3p
The Jazz Brunch features live Jazz musicians, pasta station, omelette station, select buffet and a la carte menu.
Now featuring Authentic Gelato served from in our Marketplace Lounge.
- Cross Street: Pacific Avenue
- Public Transit: The NJ Transit buses and the AC Jitney buses all have stops at the Trump Taj Mahal where the restaurant is located.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the Il Mulino New York awning, near the casino entrance. The restaurant will validate your valet ticket, reducing the price to $5.
A word from Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
Tantalize your taste buds with authentic Italian cuisine. Trattoria Il Mulino offers a contemporary dining experience, in a chic setting accompanied by superior service. Immerse yourself in Italian charm with our diverse menu offerings of elegantly and bountifully presented Abruzzi dishes, prepared from original, Italian recipes. The Trattoria also offers a bar and a lounge area, along with two private dining rooms that accommodate up to 28 guests each.Continued
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or email@example.com.
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Made a reservation hours beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Made a reservation hours before but when we got there they seemed very lost and once we were placed almost 20 minutes went by before we even got water on the table. I had to go up and remind them that we were there. The food was good but the service as well as our waitress making many mistakes made the night seem like a joke.
- Have been to Il Mulino aboutSandydy14Dined on 8/2/2012Have been to Il Mulino about 7 times. We always leave saying "Another great dinner". Food,service and atmosphere are exceptional.Special Features:
- My husband and I really enjoyedKathyMadisonVIPDined on 7/24/2012My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner. The menu selections were excellent. The service was exceptional. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I had the sunday brunch thisOpenTableVIPVIPDined on 7/22/2012I had the sunday brunch this time around. It was a bit disorganized and you can tell they don't have their "A" team crew as they do in the main restaurant section. The omelette and pasta station was run by what seemed like a rookie waiter who did not prepare the omelette properly my wife asked for.. But still was good. They need to put out some nicer stuff for the part you can do yourself. The 3 piece music was a nice touch and what comes out of the kitchen is pretty good but this is definitely not like eating next door!
- Waiter was so busy my husbandkaryou1964VIPDined on 7/21/2012Waiter was so busy my husband went to the bar for his own drink. We ordered antipasta with 2 meats one cheese we got 2 cheese one meat. Pasta portion sizes are small for the price and i asked for my chicken parm with well done cheese on top and that didnt happen.
- Once again we enjoyed ourPeteDined on 7/20/2012Once again we enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. We always dine here when we visit Atlantic City.Special Features:
- Food and service were topDebbieDined on 7/13/2012Food and service were top notch. Everything was delicious. A bit pricey for the portions which were a bit small.. but the taste/flavors made up for it. Best value is definitely the price fixed menu. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent BestJulesDined on 7/6/2012The food was excellent Best Veal Milanese in New JerseySpecial Features:
- My husgand and I have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012My husgand and I have eaten at the Mulino several times and never had any complaints therefore we were very disappointed July 4th when we brought friends with us ..it was not good the caesar salad was just romaine with oil on it not even a flavor...My veal was a very small portion and not tasty at all ..My husbands pasta with sausage was not good either and our friends had the gnocchi and the sauce was not bolognese like they asked for it tasted like vodka sauce ..all in all were were very disappointed...Special Features:
- Nice place, good waiter andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/27/2012Nice place, good waiter and service, food good but not as good as DC and NY Mulinos. Sauce a bit heavy and fish a little small.Special Features:
- The decor in the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012The decor in the restaurant was nice. However, the food was very salty. I had the meatballs as an appetizer and the rigatoni with meat as an entree. Both were too salty. I did not complain because I was pressed for time.
- One of my favorite restaurantsLive2eatDined on 6/2/2012One of my favorite restaurants in Atlantic City!!!Special Features:
- I took my wife here for herOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012I took my wife here for her 30th birthday with a few friends. Great place. Great food and great wait staff.Special Features:
- This was some of the bestDavidDined on 5/27/2012This was some of the best Italian foood I've had, and the service was great.Special Features:
- Bustling atomsphere. PersonrainyVIPDined on 5/27/2012Bustling atomsphere. Person leading us to our table seemed indifferent and distant but waitress was friendly and attentive. Mojitos tasty. Chix parm dish good Ordered the special of lobster and linguini which was good as well. Overall experience very good.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Overall the food was good and the service was fair. The home made ravIoli was excellent.Special Features:
- First time visit and I lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012First time visit and I loved service and the food ecerthing was fresh. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012The food was very good and staff was friendly. However, it took over an hour before we received our entree. There were two tables that were seated after us that were eating their dessert before we even received our entree.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2012Always a great experience here, food and service are great!Special Features:
- This restaurant is my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012This restaurant is my favorite go to spot when I'm staying in Atlantic City. The food is always delicious, they offer a great wine selection, and the service is always impeccable. This restaurant is definitely not to be missed.Special Features:
- THE SERVICE WAS BAD & THEOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2012THE SERVICE WAS BAD & THE FOOD DID NOT COME OUT GREATSpecial Features:
- Must visitchartDined on 5/5/2012Il Mulino offers a consistent dinning experience. The food is great and plentiful. The servers are knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- This was a nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2012This was a nice dining experience and an quiet(ish) place compared to the loud casino where the restaurant is located. The food was good, it wasn't great. The service was also good not great. Our waiter was nice but it took a very long time for our food to come and the waiter did not check on us so we could not order more drinks etc. We also had to flag someone down to ask them for bread after waiting for 15 minutes and watching bread be delivered to people at tables who were seated after us.
- Great Jazz Brunch on Sundays....orNancyVIPDined on 4/29/2012Great Jazz Brunch on Sundays....or you can order from regular menu. Looking forward to my next visit....food is fantastic. The seafood salad is as good as what my Italian family indulges in on Christmas Eve!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time onceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2012We had a wonderful time once we were seated. The food and table service were great. There were four of us and we were all comfortable and happy with the resturant. Unfortunately we did have a bit of a time getting the table, we were told we did not have reservations. Thanks to Opentable and my blackberry I was able to pull up my reservation and we were seated after the hostess studied the reservation note. I strongly suggest either having the reservation on you smartphone or a print out of it, just in case you come across the same issue.Special Features:
- Not bad for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2012I had lunch there while attending a trade show. Service was a little slower than what I would consider normal for lunchtime, and the 3:00 PM lunchtime cutoff (presumably to set up for dinner) is too early. Decor is sleek and attractive, but the room is open to the casino whose noise detracts somewhat from the ambiance. However, the food was tasty and the $21.95 prix fixe menu is a very good value when compared to the usual overpricing in restaurants in Atlantic City. This isnt a bad place to have lunch considering the other options - burger and sandwich joints or the godawful buffets that the hotel-casinos insist on operating. However, I don't think think that it has enough going for it to be able to recommend it for dinner.Special Features:
- Our server was amazing andEmflemoxDined on 3/25/2012Our server was amazing and gave us an incredible experience. The food was to die for!Special Features:
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012I arrived with a party of 6 to dine. After we ordered drinks and our waiter didn't ID us (we are 27.) Halfway through our dinner we ordered a second round of drinks. At this time the waiter asked to see out IDs. Flattered, we happily took them out. At that time the waiter chose one ID and announced he needed the bartender to check it. He ran back to the bar and then back to the table where he announced "this is a fake ID and we refuse to serve you!" After trying to determine if he was kidding (his attempts to joke earlier made it difficult to tell) we asked to see a manager. The manager came over and proceeded to recheck the ID and determine that it was real. The waiter's unprofessional behavior ruined the dining experience.
- I found the the food veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2012I found the the food very good,I only gave service a 2 because the waitress seem to be rushing my wife and I three times she started to remove a plate from our table when we were not finished I found that to be very annoying, I even ask her if she could please slow down it wasn't even a busy night. I was out for relaxing and quiet night and some conversation and drinks with my wife it seem that she was pushing us to leave.
- Benisimo !!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2012We have eaten in the Tratoria about 5 times and the fine dining room 3 times. Each time we enjoyed it very much. Il Mulino is my wife's favorite restaurant and my favorite Italian restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:
- I've been to Il Mulino inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012I've been to Il Mulino in Atlantic City, but this was first visit to Trattoria. I visited during restaurant week so my choices were limited to that menu. Food was good but not nearly as good as Il Mulino. I took both my kids and had to order full price for everything. The chicken dish comes with veggies and they would not substitute pasta for the veggies and then charged me $12 for a side of pasta for a 6 year old. That was in addition to the $26 it cost for his chicken dish.
- WE dined during RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2012WE dined during Restaurant Week. While the food was good, it wasn't remarkable. Biggest complaint was that it didn't arrive at the table hot. Given that the open kitchen was twenty steps away from where we were seated, there was really no reason for that. Our server was the highlight of the meal (wish I remembered her name, as I would have let management know how great she was). The maitre d, on the other hand, was as pretentious as they come. We were shuffled over to the Trattoria side, even though our reservations were for the dining room. So, the food's good, wait staff better, management leaves much to be desired.
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2012We were pleasantly surprised with the selection and portion size of the restaurant week lunch offering. It was more than enough and delicious.Special Features:
- Our waiter forgot about usOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2012Our waiter forgot about us half the night. Checked on us once and we were there for about 2 hours. Very loud and was not expecting that. Do.to the atmosphere it would be better suited for groups or a party. Food was good though.Special Features:
- Italian Masterpiece!GreatFoodFanDined on 3/7/2012We've been here several times and have never been disappointed. We just dined there this past Wednesday evening. It was Restaurant Week in Atlantic City and we took advantage of the special menu. The food was delicious as always. The restaurant was very busy, and we had to wait a little longer for our entrees. It was worth the wait. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for the great food and friendly staff.Special Features:
- food was excellent--wine wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2012food was excellent--wine was smooth and excellent taste -service was very good - never had to ask for anything- server was always available to meet my needs --would recommend this restaurant to everyone --menu had many different choices to satisfy everyone's taste-will return to this restaurant in the near future - in my opinion- best restaurant in the atlantic city areaSpecial Features:
- Understaffed for lunch, and just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012First of all, it was restaurant week lunch and VERY understaffed (which did impact the experience). We had the veal (ok, noting special), chicken picata (OK as well) and a pasta dish (which wasn't our taste, but that happens). The salads were pretty tasteless but the meatball app was good. None of the entree's were particularly hot (the pasta was barely lukewarm, but I imagine that reflects that our server was too busy). Since they were understaffed, service was very slow as well, but I think our waiter was good, just had too many tables. On a positive note, the dessert (tiramisu) was very good. Overall, was OK, but we all said that for restaurant week prices, oh well, but glad we didn't pay full price. I would suggest an alternate
- A Great MealRichardVIPDined on 3/3/2012We have eaten at the Il Mulino in New York and Las Vegas. This restaurant lived up to the high standards. All the food from the free appetizers to the dessert was fantastic. The wine list was expensive but had excellent choices across a wide spectrum of varities. The waitress did a great job listening to us and fine tuning our dining expereince. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- My family celebrated my 40thOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012My family celebrated my 40th birthday and had a great time. The food was delicious, service wonderful and accommodating to dietary needs (Ash Wednesday). Dessert was amazing!!!!Special Features:
- Valentine's Day...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012This was the second year in a row we went for Valentines Day. It was wonderful! We even had the same server, Louis, from last year! He made the experience even more special. Would recommend this place to everyone. And we have. Taking friends there soon.Special Features: