Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Avenue
Trump's Taj Mahal
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilmulino.com/atlanticcity2.html
- Phone: 6094496004x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH THU - SUN 11:30AM - 3:00PM
DINNER SUN - THU 5:00PM - 10PM, FRI and SAT 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Happy Hour & Late Night Happy Hour: MON - SUN, 4:30-6:30PM and FRI and SAT, beginning at 10:00PM.
Offering $3 Beers, $5 select Wines by the glass, $6 Absolut cocktails. Specially priced $5 Appetizers include Personal Pizza, Arancini or Homemade Meatballs.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining and exquisite catering at every level.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available with each seating up to 27 people, comfortably. Accentuated with 42" plasma TV's, Contemporary Black and White framed art, and beautiful wine racks, these rooms can accomodate an intimate dinner for 8 or a raucous super bowl gathering. Please contact us today so we can personalize your catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Lear 6094496006x
- Entertainment: Trattoria IL Mulino is very aesthetically pleasing with light wood floors, brick walls and dark orange hues. As you enter the restaurant, you will find a cocktail lounge area with couches, high-tops and a full-service bar. The main dining room is long and elegant with an open kitchen and a large community table with direct view of the brick pizza oven. A great restaurant for friends and families.
- Special Events: Jazz Brunch
Every Sun, 10a-3p
The Jazz Brunch features live Jazz musicians, pasta station, omelette station, select buffet and a la carte menu.
Now featuring Authentic Gelato served from in our Marketplace Lounge.
- Cross Street: Pacific Avenue
- Public Transit: The NJ Transit buses and the AC Jitney buses all have stops at the Trump Taj Mahal where the restaurant is located.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the Il Mulino New York awning, near the casino entrance. The restaurant will validate your valet ticket, reducing the price to $5.
A word from Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City
Tantalize your taste buds with authentic Italian cuisine. Trattoria Il Mulino offers a contemporary dining experience, in a chic setting accompanied by superior service. Immerse yourself in Italian charm with our diverse menu offerings of elegantly and bountifully presented Abruzzi dishes, prepared from original, Italian recipes. The Trattoria also offers a bar and a lounge area, along with two private dining rooms that accommodate up to 28 guests each.Continued
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or email@example.com.
For assistance with planning your next event please contact Valerie Lear, Director of Sales & Marketing at (609) 675-4220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Perfect for Special OccasionLilmrs8891Dined on 10/21/2013This was an exceptional dining experience. My favorite part of the meal is that as soon as you are seated, you are presented with cheese shaved fresh from the wheel, crispy eggplant, and crusty bread. The wait staff was extremely attentive. The food was outstanding! I enjoyed the Filet Mignon and my husband had the Lagustino Shrimp Scampi, in which the shrimp were the size of lobster tails. We skipped dessert, but the specialty coffees were perfect! My only negative, in the ambience category, was that it was just a little too dark to read the menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. WonderfulKosherchefVIPDined on 10/16/2013The food was great. Wonderful flavors. Everything was very fresh. Presentation was nice. Best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is as advertised...foodACEsperanzaDined on 10/16/2013Restaurant is as advertised...food appealing to look at and to eat. In a casino so a little pricey.Special Features:
- Average & Not Worth the PriceJenLDined on 10/12/2013Chose this restaurant based off the good ratings & reviews on Yelp & Trip Advisor, but I left feeling underwhelmed. The meal started off great; for the appetizer my husband & I ordered the arancini balls which these were amazing. I ordered the Penne Rigate with Ricotta which was not all that flavorful. The marinara sauce had parsley in it which took away from some of the other flavors & the ricotta was rather bland. My husband ordered the Gnocchi Bolognese which was definitely better than what I ordered. For dessert we got a black & white sundae which was delicious, but the price tag of $14 was not worth it at all. Overall though I would not hurry back here.
- Not badGuest54Dined on 10/12/2013The food was a bit overpriced for the quality, but it's in a casino, so you should expect that. Everything was fine, but not outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- noiseyskyfredDined on 10/5/2013This place was so noisy and confusing we could not wait to leave, servers run around like chickens without heads, this is not our first visit here we keep giving it another shot. But never again
- On topMangiaDined on 9/30/2013Relaxing , delicious , professional , chef was right on target !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodDining101VIPDined on 9/27/2013Trattoria Il Mulino is the more casual, sister restaurant to the more posh Il Mulino at the Trump Taj Mahal. The food is excellent including antipasto, a nice selection of pastas and more traditional meat and seafood entrees. The food is minimally pricey but hey you are at the Taj. My son and I really enjoyed the meal and service. There is a nice wine list and daily specials to supplement the everyday menu. If you are in the mood for good, classic Italian food - Trattoria Il Mulino is the place if you are down at the AC casinos.
- Overall it was a good restaurant.lynskrw14Dined on 9/21/2013Overall it was a good restaurant. Wine was good however my date wasn't satisfied with his drink. Was also a little disappointed on how much they charged for a side dish of pasta that didn't come with the chicken parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian food whichstuartVIPDined on 9/21/2013Superb Italian food which is as delicious as Fernando`s original kitchen in New York. Best Italian restaurant in Atlantic City and region.Special Features:
- Came for lunch. Place wasimpressedVIPDined on 8/25/2013Came for lunch. Place was empty. Had to wait for somebody to sit us down. Than more wait to get a waiter. Even though they advertise lunch there they had only dinner menu. No wonder nobody goes there
- Great for dinnerLuv2dineDined on 8/15/2013New to AC, we were looking for reasonably priced with good food. Didn't need to be fancy. Trattoria 's food and service were excellent. Prix fixe dinner fabulous value AND fabulous food! Drinks comparatively higher priced and coud build up bill quickly. Noisy first night when seated near back of restaurant, but when the four of us went back next night- yes, it was that good-we sat near front and less noisy/able to understand each other readily. Ask about the lemoncello. All in all, excellent food and value. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013As a party of 4, we received a good amount of attention from our wait staff. We had great food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedEsmyraldaDined on 8/1/2013Everything on the menu is overpriced. The wine lists starts at around 45$. They do offer wine by the glass, but nothing less than 12$. I understand restaurant owners who chose to offer a high quality wine product, but it is not the case here. Food is ok, but again, portions are small and expensive.
- I've been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2013I've been here many times and always had excellent food and service. This time, food was excellent, but the service was awful. First, the table at which we were seated had no plates. We had to request them. One of my guests ordered a martini w/rocks on the side. She got no rocks, and martini was so bad she sent it back. She always drinks martinis, this was a very unusual event for her. Second martini was perfect, but again no rocks so she had to ask again. She ordered mussels & got no cocktail sauce, only ketchup. They had no horseradish to make coctail sauce, so she sent mussels back and got credit. We were there for about 1 1/2 hours. Nobody ever asked to refill water iced tea, or coffee. We finally asked. By then it was well past dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banking on the name all the wayRLI75VIPDined on 7/26/2013Il Mulino is a golden name. So you expect it to be expensive but over-the-top good. It was expensive...One soda, one vegetable side dish, one salad, one price-fixe meal, and one coffee...one-hundred bucks. Our server was a little gruff...But the hostesses and other waiters were really nice. My birthday was noted on the reservation but the staff never acknowledged it until I mentioned it...Then they gave me a free Lemoncello. My 41-dollar price-fixe meal included a small but OK salad, an entrée with no side dish, and the smallest piece of tiramisu that I ever saw...Again, the taste of the food was good but not great.
- Amazing dinnerNataliaDined on 7/24/2013One of the best italian restaurants I ever been. Must try the meatballs, they are amazing. Service was excellent and food delicious.Special Features:
- Very good food; Very expensivesassygirlDined on 7/20/2013Chose the Trattoria because I thought the prices and menu options would be more reasonable than the fancier restaurant next door. (I have eaten at the restaurant, and it is pricey but wonderful). Prices at the Trattoria were high. $36 for veal parmigana with nothing on the side. Having said that, one person in our group ordered the chicken parmigana and it was outstanding. It was pounded super thin with a very light coating. It was truly delicious. The pizzas were very tasty but a lot of money for pizza. The waitress described the veggie pizza completely differently from what I received. The made me a new one but, by the time it came out everyone was nearly finished with their meals. Also, the "captain's tip" on the bill is absurd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodcabkabDined on 7/19/2013The Ravioli's are wonderful in a great pink sauce. A must try.. Shrimp franchese is excellent also. The noise of the restaurant is sometimes tough if there is a big group seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine ItalianJanieDined on 7/14/2013If you are looking for fine Italian food, this is the place and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit DisappointingcathylovesfoodVIPDined on 7/11/2013It was my first time eating at an Il Mulino restaurant and I was disappointed. Dined with my 4 adult children. Two had pasta dishes and one had the seafood salad which they all said was good. My son had the chicken parm which he reported as okay. I had the veal sorrentino and it was the worst veal sorrentino I ever had. We should have just stayed at the bar and ordered more appetizers at the happy hour. They were quite delicious and a bargain. Service was excellent however both in the bar and the restaurant.
- Great food and nice atmosphereJulesDined on 7/3/2013We had 2 great meals - the veal Milanese was excellent and the shrimp oregano with Tuscan risotto was phenomenalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodie207Dined on 6/21/2013Came here for my birthday dinner and am in love with this place the food is amazing and the service is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant. ITonyDined on 6/18/2013I love this restaurant. I make sure to dine there when I am in Atlantic City.Special Features:
- The happy hour bar scene isTonyDined on 6/4/2013The happy hour bar scene is great and the dinner was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Not NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Dinner was ok, but if you are a fan of Il Mulino in NYC (as I am) then trying the one in AC was a little bit if a let down. Also, I was unaware that there are two sides of Il Mulion in AC. One 1/2 s the Trattoria and the other is the fine dining side. Stick to the fine dining side!Special Features:
- Very good.. BUT!OpenTableVIPVIPDined on 5/4/2013It feels like something is changing there. It's not the same as it was in year 1 when they opened at Taj. The last couple of dinners albeit were good but were not outstanding. Sauces didn't seem or taste the same. Service depends on which waiter you get. We love some of them while other we can't care for. It still is a place I will go to but the consistency is starting to change... for the worse...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After waiting half an hourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2013After waiting half an hour to be seated (we did have reservations) the meal and wait-staff were amazing!Special Features:
- The Happy Hour specials wereTonyDined on 4/16/2013The Happy Hour specials were great and the dinner was outstanding.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Took my girlfriend there for her birthday. Was a total blast, the service was excellent. Helped pick out an amazing bottle of wine and we were check backed on when needed. A beautiful setting with an affordable menu list. Definitely coming back next time I stay at the Taj!Special Features:
- This place was over the Top.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013This place was over the Top. I specifically wanted to go there because they cook Abruzzi Italian cruisine and that is where my hertiage come from. I was so pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the entire experience was. From the roasted eggplant and variety of breads placed on the table to the scumpteous canolli at the end. Every dish was well presented. Definately will return!Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend to TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2013I took my girlfriend to Trattoria Il Mulino - Atlantic City this past weekend for her birthday. Outstanding!!! Before arriving at the Taj Mahal my girlfriend went online and said that the trattoria was also rated as a good place for happy hour. No disappointment there either, the bartender was friendly and funny and made our cocktails an enjoyment to have. When we arrived they seated us in a side room away from the main dining area, which I had requested in my reservation. Our waiter Enrique was excellent, top notch. He brought us a house appetizer and our bread basket immediately. My girfriend ordered the Saltimbocco and I had the bacon wrapped scallop with risoto special. It was one of the best meals I ever had. Enrique is the best!!!!Special Features:
- The bread basket and startersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2013The bread basket and starters were excellent. The salads were great. Our main courses, salmon and manicotti were good. Filling, but not spectacular. The restaurant had a nice, casual feel, good for a date or a family. Leave your heels at home, though, the floors are ridiculously slippery!Special Features:
- The food and service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2013The food and service was good. Everybody gets complimentary limoncello after the meal. We had a very good time.Special Features:
- Wonderful!BeegeVIPDined on 3/19/2013We had a wonderful experience here! Our waiter, Enrique, was the best!!!! He took such superb care of us, reading our minds half the time!! The food was delicious, although fra diavlo sauce should have been SPICY! I am guessing they wimp it down to appeal to wimps.....fair enough. Recommend highly for a great meal and a great evening.Special Features:
- Take a lot of money. EvenwaltDined on 3/14/2013Take a lot of money. Even for an Atlantic City casino restaurant, it's expensive.Special Features:
- My only compliant was thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013My only compliant was that we had reservations for 730 yet didn't get seated till 815. Then it took forever to just get a glass of water. They rarely came around to refill drinks and were not very personal. I felt like we were just another number being rushed in and rushed out. The food was excellent therefore that made up for the other issuesSpecial Features:
- Food was not the same as inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013Food was not the same as in the past basically tasteless. The tuna carpaccio was prepared and tasted like the refrigerator all stuck together it should be sliced to order. The restaurant ran out of espresso never ever did I that happen to me. I was disappointed because I recommended to my group we eat there because in the past it was very good.Special Features:
- Our night out in. ACBdaydineVIPDined on 3/8/2013I would definitely recommend this restaurant. The food was excellent I had the red snapper with spinach. The portions were abundant and perfectly prepared. My friend had the roasted chicken with roasted potatoes. We both took home leftovers which were just as good the next day. We also shared the cannoli's for dessert which were to die for. The service could not have been better. Very attentive and quick to be sure everything was satisfactory. We both were very pleased overall with our experience.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013This was our first time at this restuarant and went for a romantic lunch. We found it to be a great spot. Food wise, it was terrific, service was excellent. I have already recommended it to others and next we will come for dinner.Special Features: