461 South Front Street
Wormleysburg, PA 17043Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rockbassgrill.com/
- Phone: 7177311160
- Hours of Operation:
Serving continuously from 11:00am to 11:00pm daily
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew Denezza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dinning is available for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Steve T. Tomberlain 7177311160
A word from RockBass Grill
RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
RockBass Grill - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
RockBass Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)special occasion (70)great for outdoor dining (59)good for groups (46)great for brunch (32)romantic (31)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Spectacular view, Amazing OystersMaddieroseDined on 7/5/2014The service was spot-on, just the right amount of attention to our needs without becoming overbearing. Large variety of oysters which are delicious. The server, Laura was able to offer some great wine and oyster reccomendations. Our window view of the fireworks was perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLuvSeaFd8Dined on 7/5/2014Took our son here for his birthday. Food and service were both top notch. We had a table by the bar where we had a great view of the river and a TV showing a World Cup soccer match. A plus in both respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Have Done BetterNot2PickyDined on 7/4/2014On the plus side, the portions were generous, the soup nice and thick, and the view/ambiance was great. Sadly, one of our delivered meals was not what we ordered and it took a great while to return with the correct one--come on, it doesn't take THAT long to make a Cobb Salad. And then, the shrimp on my salad was too spicy, way too much cracked pepper--if I wanted that much heat, I'd have gone to a Cajun restaurant. Our server had a great smile and kept tabs on us quite well. The host/hostesses were friendly. The seating was comfortable and, again, the view could not have been better. Just work on your kitchen staff.Special Features:
- PicturesqueMandarindouDined on 7/4/2014Love bringing guests and out of Towners to Rock Bass Grill for the view and delicious food. If you love brunch, this is the place to go. With options like the seafood omelet or crab eggs Benedict you can't go wrong. (For the less adventurous, they have a large menu and you could easily find something you'll love.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Averageterryg1113VIPDined on 7/4/2014We haven't been here for a year -- went back hoping Rock Bass had risen to the next level. Found them to be average at best. This place has such huge potential, but it is stuck in mediocrity. No thanks to a return visit -- used to be one of our favorites.
- Open table web site issues??PhillyVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a problem with our open table reservation. It was correct in our email but the restaruant had it for the day before. Interesting since we made the reservation the same morning when dinner with friends was cnaceled due to illness. The restaurant, a local favorite, was great and had a table for us anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We had an enjoyable Birthday meal for my Mom. All our meals were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014As usual the OPEN TABLE reservation was honored & the table was ready even during a busy Sunday noon time. Waitress was pleasant, service fast, and food plentiful. And of course we will see you again. Two weeks ago we ate outside Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!lissalynnDined on 6/28/2014Wonderful experience! Took an out of town relative who raved about the good! Ask for Ashley as your waitress, she does an amazing job! You won't be disappointed at the Rock Bass Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night on a summer nightDash4dinnerDined on 6/27/2014Had gone here for a great Sunday brunch with friends and food was great. Wanted come back for dinner and enjoy the outdoor deck with my husband. Food was great, service was great but atmosphere was the best. Loved the like music coming from their adjacent restaurant and the river view was fantastic.Special Features:
- A Real TurnaroundLuv2EatVIPDined on 6/27/2014My only prior experience was over four years ago and was at best mediocre. A friend suggested we try it again. What a great turn around!!! I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wbj5Dined on 6/23/2014Delicious food, generous portions, variety of choices on the menu, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunchLoveLunchDined on 6/22/2014We usually go to to RockBass for brunch and both food and service has been good. We've taken out of town guest who enjoy the view of the river too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday on Saturday evening. The food was excellent in every way and the prices were very reasonable. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereJackDined on 6/20/2014We sat next to the window overlooking the river. The food preparation was fantastic and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Always good food. Nice scenic view of the river from the window booths. Booths are roomy and comfortable with seating for up to 6 adults. Service is usually good if it's not too busy. Parking can sometimes be a problem as their main parking is small. There is a larger lot across a main street but that is a shared parking lot with an adjacent restaurant and can also get full at times.Special Features:
- Bland slow and beautifulFD2014Dined on 6/15/2014Service was very slow and complained the entire time. The food was bland no seasoning. Clams and mussels not washed properly were still sandy.Special Features:
- RockBass GrilltastetesterDined on 6/13/2014Food was delicious although our appetizer was a little overcooked. The main entrees were cooked to perfection and the flavors and spices were delicious. Our waiter was a little flat and seemed very short when he came to check on us. I would definitely recommend this restaurant but be prepared to spend a decent amount of money. Our bill was 125 for 2 people.Special Features:
- Great foodJennyDined on 6/13/2014The food was delicious and the wait staff was excellent! It was our first time there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was a great way to spend the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melt in your mouthPaddyODined on 6/8/2014I could have made a meal from the Ahi Tuna and Oysters Rockafeller but also had some melt in your mouth huge pan seared scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, good food.CraigDined on 6/7/2014The best thing about this restaurant is the view of the river and Harrisburg, so is a good place to bring out of town guests. Nice booth window seating. There is a big selection of fish and seafood. The crab dip is very good. Other food was good, but not "fit for foodies".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK...but could have been betterpickydinersDined on 6/4/2014Prices are a bit high but understand that the market influences that. Food was good but not great. We ended up with 2 separate servers...one was attentive and the other wasn't. Not sure what that was about. Location is great. River view is great. They sat us near the bar and the crowd was a bit noisy. It was our first time there so our first impression was kind of weak. We may come back for brunch at some point just to try it out.Special Features:
- Great brunch for a great pricespikerDined on 6/1/2014We went for Sunday brunch, expecting a buffet for around $20 - $25. Instead the brunch was ordered from the menu and waitress-served. The offerings were breakfast items, although the brunch did not start until 11:00 AM. The portions were HUGE, delicious, and very nicely presented. Three adults and one child ate for $54.00, including 3 mixed drinks, coffee and one desert. Not a restaurant I would think of for a late breakfast, but it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightGreatDateNightDined on 5/31/2014This was a very nice restaurant for the Harrisburg area. Nice view of the river, nice deck seating, great food and very pleasant staff. A lot of plates and glassware was dropped on several occasions during our visit making it a little noisy at times. We had an overall great time and it was a great choice for my wife and I for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014The oysters were amazing! The waiter was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 941 reviews are from the RockBass Grill reviews archive.
- RefreshingWMillerDined on 5/22/2014I have been working in Harrisburg area for several weeks. As a frequent business traveler, I have the opportunity to travel around the country and enjoy the privilege of dining at many outstanding restaurants. Harrisburg is not notably a foodie town. The RockBass Grill was a refreshing departure from my expectations. The service was outstanding and the menu is enticing. Our meals were delicious, well prepared, and nicely presented. If dining with a group and buying by the bottle, the wine list is notable. Otherwise the wine by the glass selection is average.Special Features:
- Food with a viewtjekelDined on 5/15/2014Rock Bass Grille may be the best combination of great food and a superb view in the Harrisburg Area. I enjoyed the crab imperial and special soup for the day and both were excellent. Service was conscientious and thoughtful, and the waiting area excellent.Special Features:
- Pre-showThekernelDined on 5/14/2014Service was a bit slow at the outset after ordering drinks. We allowed 75 minutes for dinner before a show at the Forum, just on the other side of the river in Harrisburg. We got to our seats as the show started. In the future we'll allow 90 minutes. Consistently a favorite spot with friend.Special Features:
- just okayNJNativeDined on 5/14/2014Food not anything fantastic. Stuffed shrimp were small and overcooked. Rib eye very grisly. Waiter not very attentive. Would not go out of my way to eat there again.
- A Capitol Area GemSenaffDined on 5/12/2014Just across the river from the Capitol, the Rock Bass can always be depended upon to serve delicious, quality meals. It has been a regular of mine for entertaining out of town business clients and guests or family special days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best on Mother's DayRicciDined on 5/11/2014There were four of us dining, the two pasta dishes were great. I had a steak, my request was for medium (Pink not red), when the steak arrived, part was pink, the other was very rare, I took it home. My daughter ordered the Hoisin Salmon, it was raw through and through, she refused to eat it. The manager removed the Salmon from our bill and I only paid half fare for my steak. We all received free desserts which were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014One of out favorite restaurants in the area. Clean surroundings nice ambiance and personable staff. Reasonable cost & excellent food. On top of that they honored our Open Table request for river view seating. All in all have never been disappointed at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to goLindaDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good, although it was very busy service was great, and add in free desserts for Mom's Day, what more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupendous restaurantLove2eatDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I have eaten at Rock Bass numerous times for lunch and dinner and we always have wonderful service and the food is outstanding. Great place for a quiet meal for lunch, a special occasion or any time. Once you have eaten here, you will want to go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho Hum...just ordinaryJoJoPotatoDined on 5/9/2014There was nothing technically wrong with our food or service. I did find the service slow and the food nothing special. It wasn't exciting, interesting or something I can't wait to go back for.Special Features:
- Before the showDimp1022Dined on 5/8/2014Went here before going to the Whitaker Center in downtown Harrisburg. Dinner was good and was close to downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We don't live in the area but while visiting friends do try to get there for dinner. Seafood very good and my husband loves the oysters.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014I was extremely pleased with the food and service. This was our first time here and we will definitely be back. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteS1BIKERDined on 5/3/2014I had been to Rockbass several times for lunch and enjoyed it. Finally was able to get my wife there for supper. It's now her new favorite and we went twice in a week and brought friends. She loves the menue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014It was our 21st anniversary. Upon arrival our table was waiting. It was great. We had an excellent waitress, Diane M. and will request her on our return.Special Features: