PassionFish - Reston VA
11960 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
PassionFish - Reston VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passionfishreston.com/passionfish.html
- Phone: 7032303474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Christopher Clime
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Passion Fish has a formal banquet room that will accommodate up to 50 guests seated. There is also a mezzanine level that is available for up to 70 guests. Both areas can also be configured for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Kathryn Grimes 703 230 3474
- Special Events: Special Dinners Monthly Ranging From $60 - $150 Per Guest All Inclusive Of Tax & Gratuity. Wine Dinners, Beer Dinners, Sushi & Sake Dinners, Chef Inspired Pairing Dinners - Each With Special Guests Representing The Winery, Brewery, etc.
A word from PassionFish - Reston VA
Passion Fish - Reston VA is dedicated to providing the finest quality, sustainable seafood available in an upscale/casual fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
PassionFish - Reston VA - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
PassionFish - Reston VA reviews from OpenTable diners
395 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (229)fit for foodies (215)romantic (119)neighborhood gem (118)great for lunch (112)great for outdoor dining (105)good for groups (103)notable wine list (90)vibrant bar scene (69)hot spot (64)great for brunch (23)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (7)Show More
- Love, love, loveAndieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Have always had a great meal at PassionFish and I was not disappointed even during restaurant week. Went with friends for a birthday lunch celebration and everything was delicious, service was impeccable and our guest of honor was made to feel special without embarrassment. I love soft shell crabs and my tempura soft shell crab salad was the best ever. With so many great choices I could have gone back every day this week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/11/2014not a fan of the panna cotta. Probably the worst Ive ever had. loved the salmon.Special Features:
- Just okayrdellapriceDined on 8/11/2014The food was fine, nothing special, portion size was small and prices are expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableDCDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014I've said before and continue to believe PassionFish is the best seafood restaurant in the DC area. Always several choices of very fresh fish prepared simply but well, tasty sushi and ceviche and a well thought out wine list. Half priced wine on Sunday night is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealDinnerDined on 8/9/2014Went to Passion Fish for an anniversary dinner. I noted it was an anniversary dinner in my reservation, and table request. The staff did not disappoint, and our menu even said "Happy Anniversary" at the top. Food was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Great SalmonLeeJohnDined on 8/9/2014The salmon was fantastic. Crispy outside but juicy inside. Perfect. They make their own cherries for Manhattans. Also perfect.Special Features:
- Consistently greatPickyEaterDined on 8/8/2014Still one of the best in northern VA and consistently so. Every dish was delicious and prepared perfectly.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014We always enjoy our evenings out spent at Passion Fish. We tend to make sure our special events are normally scheduled here too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Great happy hour! Flounder Fish was awesome as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always get an excellent mealTMoonDined on 8/4/2014I have at least one meal at Passion Fish every multi day trip to Reston. Never disappointed - unless I'm unable to get a reservation!Special Features:
- GreatbshawDined on 8/3/2014I really like this restaurant and it has very good food. The Lobster Clay pot is the best and sushi rolls are great as well. Very good oysters.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & Service2cutegirlsDined on 8/2/2014Passion Fish almost never fails to impress. We had a large group and enjoyed sushi, oysters, grilled fish, etc. The food was fantastic across the board. The wine was top-notch. The service was great and the server was able to make superb recommendations for food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Jesusjjflash2013Dined on 8/2/2014The Oyster starter were named thusly and were outstanding. Service was super (Shane), every recommendation was spot on - including the Sancerre. Birthday treat at end, overall great value for money spent! Highly recommend, even joined loyalty club.Special Features:
- Feel the passionColdPassionDined on 8/2/2014I sincerely appreciate great food and the wait staff at PassionFish. My waiter, Rene, was smart and articulate about the daily specials and food/spice combinations. He helped me decide on the blacken-jumbo rockfish as an entrée for the evening. Outstanding choice! Rene was patient with my wife (on her birthday) and son, and that made a difference in my book. My hats off to the chef and his team of food artists for preparing delectable artistic entrees and desserts. The captain crunch is an excellent starter. The wait staff was timely, friendly, and cognizant of the customers. That is always a plus. Great place for dinner. I will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Overall I thought it was good to very good. I would come again but not often. There is so much competition in the Town Center that is vying for your business and we like to try others as well. You are a little pricey!Special Features:
- ColonelDined on 8/2/2014Terrific food, service, and atmosphere. I always am satisfied with my choice of PassionFish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPattDined on 8/2/2014The service was terrific and so was the food. I recommend Passion Fish for a special night out.Special Features:
- Amazing food!KL2014Dined on 8/2/2014Passion Fish is a little out of my price range but a wonderful place for a special occasion/treat. The food and service are both amazing, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nothing to Write Home aboutCassDined on 7/31/2014We are working our way through the top 100 restaurants and happened to be in Reston so tried PassionFish. We had the Heirloom Tomato appetizer which was fabulous. From there, things went downhill. We ordered the flounder, the corn and crab chowder, beet salad, eggplant and mushrooms. Many of the dishes were too salty or too sweet or just mediocre. The mushrooms were the bright spot.
- Just not that greatmexstormDined on 7/24/2014I live in Reston and really, really want PassionFish to be great. The location is ideal and it has the potential to be a really good restaurant, but overall, it is just getting worse and worse. I have been there at least a half dozen times since it opened and each time I go the food gets a little worse. The menu is not exciting and the food is over priced. This time our server rubbed us the wrong way and was very hard to understand. We just wanted to leave.
- Don't get the daily specialsIrishontapDined on 7/24/2014Our waitress recommended the jumbo prawn daily special, saying it was a great dish and judging by the fact that it's on the weekly menu the restaurant must think it is as well. When it came I got three small/medium prawns as my main course which lasted about a minute, and the whipped sweet potatoes and dallop of sorbet didn't last much longer. While it was tasty, I can't remember paying that much such a small portion in a long time.
- Average at BestNRavDined on 7/22/2014Loved the overall service of the establishment as our waiter went through the menu with us and provided us great suggestions to match what we were looking for. We were really excited to try this restaurant as we had seen great reviews and the food looked fantastic. With that said, our food turned average at best. For the price that we were paying (nearly $170 for two people), my expectations were no where near met. The salmon I had ordered was barely seasoned and something I could have easily replicated at home. Either way, wasn't what I expected for an anniversary dinner with my wife and disappointing way to celebrate.Special Features:
- Town Center FavoriteRestonRonDined on 7/22/2014PassionFish consistently delivers great food and a creative menu of fresh fish specials. I have eaten there many times, for both lunch and dinner, and I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Our special moment was perfectbridalpartyDined on 7/21/2014I reserved a table online with a note to surprise my cousin. I was asking get to be my Maid of Honor and had specific instructions. I was nervous, but our server Shane followed everything to a 'T' and made the night memorable for sure. My cousin was thrilled and felt so special with the great good and level of attention Shane provided. Very happy I chose Passion Fish that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish with Big FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Beet salad was good. Halibut was over cooked and was on a thick peanutty Thai sauce. Seemed like they go after big flavors, at the expense of the fish. Impression was this it is a federal government contractor's expense report place. Like Morton's, only fish, not beef.
- Real Gourmet foodLaParisienne159Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is one of the best restaurants for foodies. The Menu has for every taste but their fish dishes are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in RestonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014There are very few real seafood restaurants in this area. Passionfish is excellent. Bring your wallet though fairly pricey but certainly worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timetotimeDined on 7/19/2014All around great place-- great food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Nice restaurant. Good service. Overpriced for quality of food. Food was ok, but under-seasoned.
- First timer dining experience.Jlk0605VIPDined on 7/18/2014It was around 10 pm when my friend and I had a sudden craving for sushi. We were around the area, and I recalled another friend's recommendations on this restaurant, so we decided to dine here. Needless to say, while it isn't an authentic Japanese sushi restaurant (it's more of a seafood/fish restaurant), we were pleased for the most part w. what they had to offer. We ordered 1/2 of their "big daddy" appetizer, which incl. lobster tail and claw, jumbo lump crabmeat, clams, oysters, and jumbo shrimps. We each ordered sushi rolls ('spicy tuna' was not at all spicy, which was quite disappointing), and their vietnamese crab and shrimp roll (this was quite amazing). Service was pretty good. Def not your cheap late night finds, but I'd recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantJNGDinerDined on 7/17/2014I chose this restaurant for our anniversary. Initially I was worried whether or not I made the right decision. After the night, we were impressed with the service. The food was phenomenal. The first floor at the bar was energetic. We were seated on the upper floor. So it's quieter, which is perfect for us. At the end, the restaurant treated us with glasses of wine and goodies (refrained from saying what they were) which I never received from other restaurants that we have been to. In summary, an awesome restaurant with awesome food and service. Must try if you have not. Definitely will come back and highly recommended.Special Features:
- SSHpsychVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great restaurant; great service; great cranberry bread.Special Features:
- Read the food order more carefullyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014My wife and I both ordered the soft shell crabs to be prepared creole style. They came to the table sautéed. We did not send them back since both of us were fairly hungry at that point. They were good, but not what we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TFAMDined on 7/13/2014We have dined here before and plan to again. Will not order the cucumber salad again. Fish oil in the cucumber salad was not agreeable to the palate. All other dishes were excellent and the service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my top 5 favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has a great, lively ambience inside with great decor and architecture. Both times I've been my husband and I sat outside and had amazing food. The Halibut dish under chef specialties is a must try w the Thai style sauce, that is to die for. Quality of the food and fish is outstanding and I wish I lived closer. Can't wait for the one to open in Bethesda which is a bit closer to us! Kudos to our waitress Ashley, who was fantastic, providing just the right amount of attention to us, was very friendly, funny/comical, prompt, & courteous.Special Features:
- Passion for FishWallyWoodDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I have been to Passionfish on a few occasions, but our experience Saturday was the best ever. The service was friendly, professional and well-paced, and our outdoor table was perfect. My heirloom tomato salad starter was exquisite with just the right touch of olive oil and sea salt. The Sabel fish was tasty and cooked to perfection. As usual my wife's oysters on the half shell tasted of the sea and her scallops were as good as any she's had anywhere. Our expectations were exceeded.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in Reston-HerndonSeniorCoupleDined on 7/12/2014Always great seafood! We had ceviche (habanero flavor makes it), shrimp cocktail, rockfish (daily special), and crispy whole flounder (great flavor and enough for two) -- all were in the category of "the best we ever had." It is always a special treat to go to Passion Fish, especially sitting outside in the summer. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PassionFishRickDined on 7/11/2014As usual we had a very good meal and enjoyed a nice bottle of Vigonier.Special Features:
- Excellent quality seafoodJSproDined on 7/11/2014Reliably some the the very best seafood in northern virginia.Special Features:
- food good, service less sokim1Dined on 7/9/2014We have eaten at Passionfish many times, and always had very good food and reasonable service. This time, the service was not what it should have been. My husband ordered an expensive drink (martini with white grape juice) he did not like, and neither did I or our other family member. We told the waitress, got another drink, but the first one was still on our bill at the end. Our food took a VERY long time; the table next to use was seated TWICE OVER before we ever got our entrees. We took our entrees home barely touched, but the sauces were not included with either of our fish dishes or our rice side dishes. The waitress was pleasant, but we felt it was not worth the high price of the meal this time.I would recommend this to a friend.