PassionFish - Reston VA
11960 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
PassionFish - Reston VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.passionfishreston.com/passionfish.html
- Phone: 7032303474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm,
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Christopher Clime
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Passion Fish has a formal banquet room that will accommodate up to 50 guests seated. There is also a mezzanine level that is available for up to 70 guests. Both areas can also be configured for cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Kathryn Grimes 703 230 3474
- Special Events: Special Dinners Monthly Ranging From $60 - $150 Per Guest All Inclusive Of Tax & Gratuity. Wine Dinners, Beer Dinners, Sushi & Sake Dinners, Chef Inspired Pairing Dinners - Each With Special Guests Representing The Winery, Brewery, etc.
A word from PassionFish - Reston VA
Passion Fish - Reston VA is dedicated to providing the finest quality, sustainable seafood available in an upscale/casual fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
PassionFish - Reston VA - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
PassionFish - Reston VA reviews from OpenTable diners
388 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (227)fit for foodies (205)romantic (118)neighborhood gem (118)great for lunch (115)great for outdoor dining (103)good for groups (98)notable wine list (89)vibrant bar scene (68)hot spot (63)great for brunch (25)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (7)Show More
- Always get an excellent mealTMoonDined on 8/4/2014I have at least one meal at Passion Fish every multi day trip to Reston. Never disappointed - unless I'm unable to get a reservation!Special Features:
- GreatbshawDined on 8/3/2014I really like this restaurant and it has very good food. The Lobster Clay pot is the best and sushi rolls are great as well. Very good oysters.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & Service2cutegirlsDined on 8/2/2014Passion Fish almost never fails to impress. We had a large group and enjoyed sushi, oysters, grilled fish, etc. The food was fantastic across the board. The wine was top-notch. The service was great and the server was able to make superb recommendations for food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Jesusjjflash2013Dined on 8/2/2014The Oyster starter were named thusly and were outstanding. Service was super (Shane), every recommendation was spot on - including the Sancerre. Birthday treat at end, overall great value for money spent! Highly recommend, even joined loyalty club.Special Features:
- Feel the passionColdPassionDined on 8/2/2014I sincerely appreciate great food and the wait staff at PassionFish. My waiter, Rene, was smart and articulate about the daily specials and food/spice combinations. He helped me decide on the blacken-jumbo rockfish as an entrée for the evening. Outstanding choice! Rene was patient with my wife (on her birthday) and son, and that made a difference in my book. My hats off to the chef and his team of food artists for preparing delectable artistic entrees and desserts. The captain crunch is an excellent starter. The wait staff was timely, friendly, and cognizant of the customers. That is always a plus. Great place for dinner. I will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Overall I thought it was good to very good. I would come again but not often. There is so much competition in the Town Center that is vying for your business and we like to try others as well. You are a little pricey!Special Features:
- ColonelDined on 8/2/2014Terrific food, service, and atmosphere. I always am satisfied with my choice of PassionFish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPattDined on 8/2/2014The service was terrific and so was the food. I recommend Passion Fish for a special night out.Special Features:
- Amazing food!KL2014Dined on 8/2/2014Passion Fish is a little out of my price range but a wonderful place for a special occasion/treat. The food and service are both amazing, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Nothing to Write Home aboutCassDined on 7/31/2014We are working our way through the top 100 restaurants and happened to be in Reston so tried PassionFish. We had the Heirloom Tomato appetizer which was fabulous. From there, things went downhill. We ordered the flounder, the corn and crab chowder, beet salad, eggplant and mushrooms. Many of the dishes were too salty or too sweet or just mediocre. The mushrooms were the bright spot.
- Just not that greatmexstormDined on 7/24/2014I live in Reston and really, really want PassionFish to be great. The location is ideal and it has the potential to be a really good restaurant, but overall, it is just getting worse and worse. I have been there at least a half dozen times since it opened and each time I go the food gets a little worse. The menu is not exciting and the food is over priced. This time our server rubbed us the wrong way and was very hard to understand. We just wanted to leave.
- Don't get the daily specialsIrishontapDined on 7/24/2014Our waitress recommended the jumbo prawn daily special, saying it was a great dish and judging by the fact that it's on the weekly menu the restaurant must think it is as well. When it came I got three small/medium prawns as my main course which lasted about a minute, and the whipped sweet potatoes and dallop of sorbet didn't last much longer. While it was tasty, I can't remember paying that much such a small portion in a long time.
- Average at BestNRavDined on 7/22/2014Loved the overall service of the establishment as our waiter went through the menu with us and provided us great suggestions to match what we were looking for. We were really excited to try this restaurant as we had seen great reviews and the food looked fantastic. With that said, our food turned average at best. For the price that we were paying (nearly $170 for two people), my expectations were no where near met. The salmon I had ordered was barely seasoned and something I could have easily replicated at home. Either way, wasn't what I expected for an anniversary dinner with my wife and disappointing way to celebrate.Special Features:
- Town Center FavoriteRestonRonDined on 7/22/2014PassionFish consistently delivers great food and a creative menu of fresh fish specials. I have eaten there many times, for both lunch and dinner, and I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Our special moment was perfectbridalpartyDined on 7/21/2014I reserved a table online with a note to surprise my cousin. I was asking get to be my Maid of Honor and had specific instructions. I was nervous, but our server Shane followed everything to a 'T' and made the night memorable for sure. My cousin was thrilled and felt so special with the great good and level of attention Shane provided. Very happy I chose Passion Fish that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish with Big FlavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Beet salad was good. Halibut was over cooked and was on a thick peanutty Thai sauce. Seemed like they go after big flavors, at the expense of the fish. Impression was this it is a federal government contractor's expense report place. Like Morton's, only fish, not beef.
- Real Gourmet foodLaParisienne159Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is one of the best restaurants for foodies. The Menu has for every taste but their fish dishes are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in RestonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014There are very few real seafood restaurants in this area. Passionfish is excellent. Bring your wallet though fairly pricey but certainly worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timetotimeDined on 7/19/2014All around great place-- great food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Nice restaurant. Good service. Overpriced for quality of food. Food was ok, but under-seasoned.
- First timer dining experience.Jlk0605VIPDined on 7/18/2014It was around 10 pm when my friend and I had a sudden craving for sushi. We were around the area, and I recalled another friend's recommendations on this restaurant, so we decided to dine here. Needless to say, while it isn't an authentic Japanese sushi restaurant (it's more of a seafood/fish restaurant), we were pleased for the most part w. what they had to offer. We ordered 1/2 of their "big daddy" appetizer, which incl. lobster tail and claw, jumbo lump crabmeat, clams, oysters, and jumbo shrimps. We each ordered sushi rolls ('spicy tuna' was not at all spicy, which was quite disappointing), and their vietnamese crab and shrimp roll (this was quite amazing). Service was pretty good. Def not your cheap late night finds, but I'd recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantJNGDinerDined on 7/17/2014I chose this restaurant for our anniversary. Initially I was worried whether or not I made the right decision. After the night, we were impressed with the service. The food was phenomenal. The first floor at the bar was energetic. We were seated on the upper floor. So it's quieter, which is perfect for us. At the end, the restaurant treated us with glasses of wine and goodies (refrained from saying what they were) which I never received from other restaurants that we have been to. In summary, an awesome restaurant with awesome food and service. Must try if you have not. Definitely will come back and highly recommended.Special Features:
- SSHpsychVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great restaurant; great service; great cranberry bread.Special Features:
- Read the food order more carefullyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014My wife and I both ordered the soft shell crabs to be prepared creole style. They came to the table sautéed. We did not send them back since both of us were fairly hungry at that point. They were good, but not what we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TFAMDined on 7/13/2014We have dined here before and plan to again. Will not order the cucumber salad again. Fish oil in the cucumber salad was not agreeable to the palate. All other dishes were excellent and the service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my top 5 favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014This restaurant has a great, lively ambience inside with great decor and architecture. Both times I've been my husband and I sat outside and had amazing food. The Halibut dish under chef specialties is a must try w the Thai style sauce, that is to die for. Quality of the food and fish is outstanding and I wish I lived closer. Can't wait for the one to open in Bethesda which is a bit closer to us! Kudos to our waitress Ashley, who was fantastic, providing just the right amount of attention to us, was very friendly, funny/comical, prompt, & courteous.Special Features:
- Passion for FishWallyWoodDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I have been to Passionfish on a few occasions, but our experience Saturday was the best ever. The service was friendly, professional and well-paced, and our outdoor table was perfect. My heirloom tomato salad starter was exquisite with just the right touch of olive oil and sea salt. The Sabel fish was tasty and cooked to perfection. As usual my wife's oysters on the half shell tasted of the sea and her scallops were as good as any she's had anywhere. Our expectations were exceeded.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in Reston-HerndonSeniorCoupleDined on 7/12/2014Always great seafood! We had ceviche (habanero flavor makes it), shrimp cocktail, rockfish (daily special), and crispy whole flounder (great flavor and enough for two) -- all were in the category of "the best we ever had." It is always a special treat to go to Passion Fish, especially sitting outside in the summer. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PassionFishRickDined on 7/11/2014As usual we had a very good meal and enjoyed a nice bottle of Vigonier.Special Features:
- Excellent quality seafoodJSproDined on 7/11/2014Reliably some the the very best seafood in northern virginia.Special Features:
- food good, service less sokim1Dined on 7/9/2014We have eaten at Passionfish many times, and always had very good food and reasonable service. This time, the service was not what it should have been. My husband ordered an expensive drink (martini with white grape juice) he did not like, and neither did I or our other family member. We told the waitress, got another drink, but the first one was still on our bill at the end. Our food took a VERY long time; the table next to use was seated TWICE OVER before we ever got our entrees. We took our entrees home barely touched, but the sauces were not included with either of our fish dishes or our rice side dishes. The waitress was pleasant, but we felt it was not worth the high price of the meal this time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014I took 3 coworkers and a client here for work. We were very pleased. The food was great, the waiter was polite and knowledgeable. I had sushi and corn/crab soup for dinner and it was excellent.Special Features:
- Kenny Rocks!EffjayDined on 7/8/2014Our waiter Kenny was outstanding. He ensured our business dinner was a huge success. We only hope he is your worst waiter!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in NVAJackVIPDined on 7/7/2014Three of us shared Halibut, Branzino and their Crab cakes-all were fresh and perfectly cooked with perfect sauces. The Caesar sald was also great as well as the sides of asparagus and spinach-you just can not get asparagus like they serve. Chocolate bomb and key lime tart made for aa great top off of a superb meal. And the attentive service, made everything delightful!Special Features:
- Fabulous FishOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/5/2014I had the Bronzino and my husband the Arctic Char stuffed with crab. Service was top notch and attentive without being intrusive. A wonderful night out and a great savings thanks to the Loyalty Club Restaurant Week Special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually betterBruceDined on 7/5/2014I've eaten at Passionfish many times. This particular excursion was a bit disappointing; we're usually delighted with the place. The gumbo tasted slightly scorched -- still edible (I finished it), but not quite right. Maybe the chef was going for a smoky flavor; if so, it didn't work for me. I commented on this to our server. She was concerned, but didn't report back afterwards, and made no suggestions about making things right. My daughter and wife, who were with me, had no complaints; my wife commented that the waitress was particularly good. I'll certainly be back. One experience that was only very good instead of superb isn't a huge issue.Special Features:
- On equal with downtown DC.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014We try to limit our visits to Passion Fish in Reston so that it does not become ordinary, but we find ourselves going back again and again. My wife and I have never been disappointed. We are finally venturing out beyond the whole flounder. But, this is the only thing to order the first time you go. The Branzino is a good choice for your second visit. When in doubt, ask the wait staff. They are excellant. My wife and I may go back downtown DC again one day, but just to try one of Jeff Tunks' other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedPaulVIPDined on 7/4/2014My wife's soup did not arrive with my salad. After 10 minutes we stopped another waiter he served her the soup but I was finished with my first course. Our waiter stopped by later and said he forgot. When my check came he charged me the full amount. Any restaurant respectful of their patrons would have given some credit to my bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal at Passion FishOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2014The food was fabulous. Their soups, their seafood, and their service are all the best in the area.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyable!!!MontyDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful staff, wonderful kitchen, outstanding experienceSpecial Features: