Kona Grill - Oakbrook
3051 Butterfield Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Oakbrook
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/
- Phone: 6305158395
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00am Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 7:00pm, Saturday 1 pm - 5pm Reverse Happy Hour: Monday - Thursday 10 pm - Midnight, Friday and Saturday Evening 10pm to Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from Kona Grill - Oakbrook
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade,Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill’s signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kona Grill - Oakbrook reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (48)good for groups (46)special occasion (43)great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (33)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- A great concept with top lineFinMoVIPDined on 12/30/2008A great concept with top line sushi but plenty to choose from for those who are in to the more traditional. Prices are reasonable and the service is very good. The dining room is very upscale and warm. In season the patio is great for outdoor dining. Happy Hour food deals are fantastic. Two Thumbs UP!Special Features:
- I have been there twice andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/30/2008I have been there twice and enjoyed the food and atmosphere each time. The food prices are reasonable but I think the drinks are a little expensive (around $10 each included glasses of wine) but the cocktails are good. The Kona Tini was excellent, it's pineapple infused vodka. And they offer a few dessert type Martinis, the butterscotch is delish. The sushi rolls are fresh and nicely presented. I went there on a Tuesday night and the place was filled but not over crowded. The only negative I experienced was the hostesses kind of hovered looking for tables to finish. I was there with a friend for a leisurely dinner with friend and I felt rushed by this behavior. But I will go back again.
- Wow! What a nice interior!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2008Wow! What a nice interior! Huge fishtank dominates one wall. Nice bar with plenty of tv screens to view the games. Arrived early and order drinks and apps at the bar. Chocolate Martini price was listed differetly in the 2 different menus we had (bar specials/main). Highest cost was charged. Pot Stickers were great. Ribs were just ok...should've gone with my gut (chicken) but the waitress sold them to me. Sushi was fantastic but a little pricey. Dessert was cheesecake but presented in a new way. Waitres could've been a little more attentive to us. Will be back ot try new stuff...Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2008This is the second time I've been to Kona Grill. The food is great and a nice place to go. Out table was ready when we got there. We couldn't complain about the service at all. Everyone was very attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- Kona Gril was amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/26/2008Kona Gril was amazing and suited everyone in our party. I was able to order sushi and my husband ordered a pepperoni pizza. You cant go wrong with that! Everyone was extremely satisfied!Special Features:
- We visited the Kona GrillpioneerjourneyDined on 12/21/2008We visited the Kona Grill after a matinee at Drury Lane. We have been here before, and thought it would be a nice finish to end the day. The staff was friendly and welcoming, from the hostess/host at the front door to the wait staff. Our food was served promptly and the server was attentive. In fact, he informed us that he put our order in mid-way through our salads so we didn't have to rush. I have been there at lunch time, as well as late Sunday afternoon. Each time the experience has been enjoyable and definitely on our repeat list.Special Features:
- Had a great booth with anOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/20/2008Had a great booth with an outstanding waitress, Jamie. Would go back again, for sure.Special Features:
- My husband and I had the pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/20/2008My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Kona Grill about 2 weeks ago. We had such a great time, we made a reservation for Saturday Dec. 20th to celebrate the Christmas Holiday with our daughters (home for the holiday). We had a great time and our daughters thought the Kona Grill was fantastic. Excellent menu and outstanding sushi, we will be back!!Special Features:
- Menu has a good variety ofHappyfoodie1Dined on 12/19/2008Menu has a good variety of asian inspired food. Our family agrees the pot stickers are the best we've ever tasted. Great place to go when you're in the mood for some unique, different types of food, but you can still get a great steak and the mashed potatoes are awesome. Save room for dessert.Special Features:
- Very good food. My sea bassNoisyDined on 12/16/2008Very good food. My sea bass was excellent. The martinis were great.Special Features:
- The food tasted amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2008The food tasted amazing and the presentation of the food was beautiful. Everyone loved their meal. It was like having a fancy dinner for lunch, but at a great price. The proportions were perfect for lunch. I highly recommend the salmon dish!Special Features:
- My husband & I have dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2008My husband & I have dined here several times; We have loved it every time. Recently, we took my mom & her friend with us. They both loved it too b/c of the menu variety & reasonable prices....and it is consistently good. :) Thank you for being a staple in our dining repertoire.Special Features:
- My wife and I were celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/6/2008My wife and I were celebrating our 34th wedding aniversary. The staff was very solicious but inobtrusive. Our waiter asked me when I wanted the flowers I had delivered to the restaurant brought out and provided us with an excellent dessert. We will likely be back for our 35th.Special Features:
- I chose this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2008I chose this restaurant for my Birthday dinner this year and was not at all disappointed! You could easily have a great dinner out or just have cocktails and an array of great appetizers. Our server was great and sent a special treat to the table because it was my birthday! I can't wait to go back and try other items on their menu.
- Went for a birthday celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2008Went for a birthday celebration! Sushi was very good...Philadelphia rolls were excellent. Service was a little lacking in that 2 of 4 persons in my group had arrived and were seated and for 16 minutes, no one came around to even inquire about if we wanted to get some drinks or anything. Server needed to be reminded of things throughout the evening. Wonder if the rolls are available for carryout!
- Everything we had wass mouthdoctorjVIPDined on 11/28/2008Everything we had wass mouth burning spiccy. The server told us that we actually ordered the mildest items. I had the pork loin, which was otherwise, very good. Husband had halibut which he could not enjoy because of the heat.
- My date and I ordered allOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2008My date and I ordered all sushi items -- the maki wasn't too special but the sashimi specialties were delicious. The service was pretty good, the atmosphere was alright; dark in a club way, not romantic.
- I liked it, there was a diverseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/19/2008I liked it, there was a diverse menu. It kind of felt like brew pub specialties, meet asian fusion, meet sushi bar. I will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Very nice menu, it had somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2008Very nice menu, it had something for everyone. There are not many places to get sushi, pizza, fish and pork. Everyone really enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- They have a wide selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2008They have a wide selection. There are items to suit every taste and dietary need. Several vegetarian options and great appetizers. Desserts are large and suitable for spliting among a couple people.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a very special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2008Enjoyed a very special occasion at the Kona Grill and the staff was very attentive. Our mix of sushi and seafood specials were exceptional. Met with friends that we have not seen for sometime, so the location and food choices worked out great for all who attended.Special Features:
- I have been here twice nowsnewpeaVIPDined on 11/10/2008I have been here twice now which is saying alot considering that there are 38 other restaurants right down the street. I have also talked with people who have been to Kona Grill and here is the concensus...Appetizer's are great, food is good and the desserts are terrible.
- Of our party of four; twomizzwizzVIPDined on 11/5/2008Of our party of four; two of us were repeat diners. Kona offers a good mix of standard fare and food items that are not available at other restaurants in the area. One of the favorites was the Pad Thai noodles with shrimp - yum. Lunch prices are in the acceptable range. The serve staff was attentive while not being intrusive. Will be back again in the near future.Special Features:
- Where do I start. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008Where do I start. We had reservations for 8 p.m., had to wait and did not get seated until 9. We sat at bar, waiting 10 minutes to be served, it was clearly busy, but considering the amount of bartenders and waitstaff, please! Food was good, no doubt a great place to eat and each item was fresher than we have had anywhere else. Server was kind and offered suggestions. The price however, was a little extreme for the amount of food you got. Would I go back, Im not sure at this point, for me when you make a reservation, they need to honor this.
- I heard that the sushi wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008I heard that the sushi wasn't that great, but I disagree it was great. Very good experience overall. The drinks were reasonable, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Steak and Seafood were Excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008Steak and Seafood were Excellent, Huge 1,000 gal. Aquarium Suishi Bar.Special Features:
- Had dinner at your Oak BrookOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2008Had dinner at your Oak Brook restaurant. Food was very good - had the salmon. The decor was nice. However, the service was very slow.
- Decent food - different flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008Decent food - different flavors and very interesting menu. You can order pizza or sushi. Delicious mojitos!Special Features:
- The signature macadamia nutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008The signature macadamia nut encrusted chicken dish with white cheddar mashed potatoes was delicious. My house salad (fresh tender greens, home made croutons, tangy oriental dressing, and blue cheese)was a perfect blend of fresh flavors. My husband had the baked sea bass and said it was the best he ever had. He liked the rice dish which accompanied it but thought the fresh green beans were a little too crunchy. The Margarita was wonderful. The setting was comfortable and the ambiance was contemporary Hawaiian. The service was excellent--attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- We went to Kona Grill forKarenG3Dined on 10/11/2008We went to Kona Grill for my daughters birthday dinner and we were all quite disappointed by the food. The decor is great, the service good and polite, but the food was lacking. The appetizers were the best part of the meal. We had a large variety of food as there were 6 of us and only the Chicken noodles with spicy thai peanut sauce was a hit. The pork was awful, the meatloaf mushy and tasteless, the seabass tasted medicated more than marinated and the garlic pizza was ok at best.The signature chicken with macadamia crust was so bland and tasteless with a sauce that looked and tasted like paste. Such a shame, great descriptive menu has you anxious to try it all, we did and everyone was unhappy.
- My son chose to go to KonaPaulOVIPDined on 10/9/2008My son chose to go to Kona Grill for his 12th birthday dinner. He had a great time although my wife ordered the Macadamia Nut Chicken and was really let down as it tasted pretty bland and had a thick sauce almost like gravy that was really greasy and added no flavor.Special Features:
- The music selection was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008The music selection was very strange, it would go from techno dance to lionel richie (I am not kidding). Very loud. The menu is all over the board (meatloaf to sushi), I have no idea what type of restaurant it is. All of our food was fine but nothing that impressed enough to come back. We went with friends and the music was so bad it was distracting. Nice outdoor patio - it has lots of potential.
- Our evening was great. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2008Our evening was great. Our waitress was helpful and patient. We would go there again.Special Features:
- Our meal was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2008Our meal was excellent and the service was outstanding. Thank you very much for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- This was my third time havingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2008This was my third time having lunch at Kona Grill. The food and service were fantastic each visit. The glazed salmon salad was outstanding as well as the avacodo egg rolls. The others at my table have had the meatloaf and the chicken entrees and loved them. We all really enjoyed our food.Special Features: