25 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mipiace.com/
- Phone: 6267953131x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday: 4:30pm - Close, Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gil Saulnier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mi Piace
In Italian, "Mi Piace" means "I like it," and they make sure you love it at this award-winning restaurant. Mi Piace is the perfect spot to enjoy an intimate dining with the finest and freshest authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mi Piace - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Mi Piace reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (62)good for groups (52)great for outdoor dining (51)hot spot (49)great for lunch (44)romantic (41)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (34)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (17)scenic view (8)Show More
- Food fine, service not goodnot2chooseyDined on 5/17/2014The food at Mi Piace was good but the service was inattentive. Despite the fact that the restaurant was not full, we had to ask twice for lunch menus and wait several minutes to get them. When the food came, it was set down at the wrong places -- the wait staff didn't ask who had ordered what. One of the dishes didn't come out for several more minutes and this was not acknowledged. A simple "Your food will be out shortly" would have been fine, but after setting the three plates down the wait staff disappeared and then showed up some time later with the last plate. At one point we wanted more water, but two of the wait staff were leaning on the counter talking and didn't glance over, so it took a while to get their attention.
- Nice Lunch SpotEYWA1ADined on 5/16/2014I've now eaten at Mi Piace for both breakfast and lunch. Good food, good service, reasonable prices. I'll be back.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Good food, good place, great wine, will go again, but there wasn't enough waitersSpecial Features:
- Non mi piace.TheGreedyDinerDined on 5/14/2014The complimentary bread-bits were good. An “insalata tricolore” was ample but the dressing tasteless. A “ravioli di costini” was decent but overpriced. A simple “spaghetti aglio e olio” was commendably al dente but so dry it couldn’t even twirl around the fork. It needed more olive oil; garlic too. Simple and yummy is what we hoped for; dry and tasteless is what we got. Far worse was the “fettuccine bolognese”: shockingly dried out, especially on top, with way too little of a forgettable sauce. Two underfilled glasses of a nice sangiovese both had bits of cork floating in them. If we hadn’t been pressed for time we would have sent back two of the three pasta dishes, and the wines. The service? Inattentive, cheerless, and graceless.
- Great PlaceFVDINNERDined on 5/10/2014I has been at least 11 years since the first time I visited this place and I still find it to be a great place to go out to dinner. The food is as great as always. They made us wait for a table about 20 to 30 minutes even though we had a reservation. Still a great place.Special Features:
- Did not match reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Really dissapointing. Poor Service. Unorganized. Dirty chairs with grease spots, ruined my pants. Cafe quality food. Visited in May, 2014.
- What's the point?JamieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Made a reservation only to sit ignored in a lounge area and hunch over my food as 3 groups of walk ins seconds before me had a table. I guess I had to see for myself how overrated this place was. Also it took me asking 3x for the status of my cocktail to have it brought out.
- Great food, kitchen was pretty slowVisitwithgoodfriendsDined on 5/2/2014I love this place and happened to be having dinner with friends whom I hadn't seen is some time so didn't mind that dinner took almost two hours. Any other time this would have been a problem. I did expect it to be a little slow as it was Friday night and this is a popular restaurant. Great food, been here forever. Just don't be in a hurry!Special Features:
- Great Experiencesjd90069VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great food, stylish interior and the service is really good and quite poor depending upon your server. Biggest complaint? The worst wine pours by the glass in the SGV. Split a bottle of wine, order hard liquor or stick with a soft drink. If you do order a glass of wine, don't be shocked and think they ran out of wine!Special Features:
- 45 Minutes Is Too LongOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2014We had a reservation for 8:45 and we were not seated until 9:30. I know it is hard to manage how long people stay at their tables, but they have to assess their flow better. If I had shown up for my reservation 45 minutes late, would they have kept my table? The food is terrific, and this is one of my favorite restaurants, but 45 minutes is too long to be seated.
- trendy with a neighborhood vibeAdultnightoutDined on 4/26/2014Perfect balance of trendy with neighborhood charm. The hostess, cocktail waitress and the serve staff were attentive, professional but not overbearing. Caesar had a smokey aspect to it which was a great surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, quality diningPaulDined on 4/25/2014We were very warmly greeted, seated, and our server was kind and attentive. The ossu bucco was delicious, especially the mushroom risotto. Fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal every time!JosieDined on 4/20/2014Love coming here with our dog and sitting outside. Great food, great people watching, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunchMartikaDined on 4/20/2014I had Easter brunch at Mi piace. I selected this reastaurant for its ambiance. We were directed to our table as soon as we arrived. I ordered eggs benedicts and a mimosa. Mi friend ordered the steak and eggs and a bellini. My eggs were fair as well as the mimosa. My friend raved about the steak and eggs. She wouldn't stop talking about how well seasoned and cooked to her liking the steak was. Service was prompt, but not very attentive. I assume it was because there were a lot of large group of families. There was a very energetic atmosphere. We had a pleasant time. I am a regular patron of Mi Piace. Mainly, I keep coming back due to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Great location, good foodFrequentdiner365VIPDined on 4/20/2014Mi Piace offers something for everyone in a great and comfortable setting. Quality of food is consistent and when they are not too busy, service is always reliable and good. The pasta carbonara is always a favorite, with bits of pancetta and peas. I usually like to add chicken to this entrée. The eggs benedict was also satisfying. The ambiance is always the draw for most diners.Special Features:
- Pasadena's BestdisappointedDined on 4/18/2014The first time I went here was about 15 plus years ago when I lived in South Pasadena and it was the hottest place in Pasadena with great food..I now live in Westwood and still frequent the place because the food is great, the service is good and everyone that I have taken there has enjoyed it very much…Reservations are a must if you don't want to wait a long time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very accommodatingDaveDined on 4/18/2014I gave menu back to waiter and told him to tell Chef Giovanni to just cook his fave thing, whatever he was in the mood for. He prepared a very nice lunch starting with Caprese Burrata, then Osso Buco, and finishing with Crème Brule. Service was very good and friendly.Special Features:
- not please with food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2014food was slow and cold " over an hour wait" service was slow and experience was not attentive to our needs. our feedback to our clients was "it was much better before" we won;t be coming back thanks but no thank you.
- Love this placeLisaDined on 4/14/2014It's romantic yet not cheesy. We enjoy this place every time we come in. Definitely a town gem.Special Features:
- unsatisfiedfoodie1535VIPDined on 4/14/2014They brought me the wrong order (missing broccoli and sun dried tomatoes), then they brought me the wrong order again (missing the cream sauce) and the waitress got upset with me like it was my fault saying I ordered the wrong thing when my friends all heard me order. Not satisfied with the food or service.
- EnjoyableDj522VIPDined on 4/13/2014Most of our party enjoyed our meal. We recommend avoiding the scampi. It was odd and the shrimps were seriously over cooked.Special Features:
- Fun place dine in PasadenaSteakloverVIPDined on 4/11/2014Once in awhile when we want to stay close to home we venture out to Pasadena and dine at Mi Piace. Its a fun atmosphere and cool place for drinks. The food is good but nothing to rave about. If you want decent Italian food and a place to check out people, then this place is your spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PasadenaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014I have not found a better place to eat in Pasadena, this is a must try if you are in the Greater LA area. Friendly staff, great food, great drinks and prime location in Old Town on Colorado St!!Special Features:
- Almost SatisfiedFoodieVIPDined on 4/7/2014I have been dining at Mi Piace for many years. The entree's are always a 5. The deserts are sometimes a 3 to 4. The service is always pleasant but the majority of the time our server is not as attentive as they should be. Rarely do they come back and ask how our dinner is and much of the time they seem not well organized. IT always seems difficult to gain their attention. Maybe some training would be helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedPamJDined on 4/5/2014My husband & I made a reservation here for a Saturday evening.The location was conveniently located in old pasadena. We had a 7 pm reservation which looked questionable when we noticed two other couples waiting that had 630 reservations...we finally asked if we could sit outside a after noticing several people walk in and immediately get seated. The hostess said " oh I didn't know you wanted to sit outside" After perusing the menu, we decided to split a Cesar salad first. This was definitely the worst Cesar salad I have ever had. I mean seriously no evidence of anchovies at all ..just bland The pasta was flavorless as well. When we asked for Parmesan( for flavor!) our waiter told us he did not usually offer Parmesan for a seafood dish.
- Best in Old Town PasadenaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2014You will not find a better dining experiance anywhere in Old Town Pasadena, great food, great service and a great location!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but serviceEeepDined on 4/4/2014Food was great but service was not so great. The hostesses at the front were very rude and had no manners whatsoever. The African American hostess flicked her hands for us to get out of her way instead of kindly asking us to move like a regular person with manners would. She made it seem like we were her dogs standing and she was shooing us out of the way. (She was very unpleasant) Our waitress was nice but very slow. The food on the other hand was spectacular. We got 3 different pasta dishes and shared and everything was exceptionally good. Ill be back for the food and hope to not encounter such terrible service.
- This is my first time writingLalaDined on 4/2/2014This is my first time writing a review, but I felt I should say what great food and attention we received for our dinner Wednesday night. The service was great! At first, our table was right in the middle of the room, and my mom found it hard to hear so we asked if we could move to a table at the window. They were happy to accommodate us and brought our drinks over with smiles, not at all like we were putting them out. Our waiter was so kind and easy going, yet always just a step away it seemed if we needed anything. I would recommend the scampi, it was amazing! Thanks for a great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2014Love Mi Piace for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks!!Special Features:
- Service not consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Our 1st female service assigned to our tabled didn't smile at all and looked like she didn't want to be there. We were relieved when another server took over (andrew). He was very very nice! If our 1st server would've been our server the whole afternoon, then our experience would've been lousy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta love this placerigomJDined on 3/28/2014Extremely good food!!! Not big of an Italian eater but this place is definitely amazing. The have a great option to choose from and all of it is extremely good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PreparationHudsonDined on 3/26/2014Our table wasn't ready when we arrived, service was slow & disjointed and it took 25 Min to pay our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistent food and serviceKevinVIPDined on 3/23/2014Very consistent food and service as we have been coming for several years for mostly lunch and occasional dinner. It is a good place to stop for a break before going for more shopping in Pasadenal old town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ronster's opinionRonsterDined on 3/22/2014I thought it was very good overall, service was especially good, Bob our waiter (second time in a row) was even more fun than the first time! The Hostess was also an especially bright spot in an excellent evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited Way too long for tableheart2eatDined on 3/22/2014We made reservations via Open Table for 6 ppl. at 7:15pm on a Saturday night and the restaurant called to confirm with me direct which was great. BUT - We arrived on time and still had to wait ONE HOUR to be seated and had to keep checking with the hostesses on what was happening... Clearly they overbook their tables for dinner. They gave us a comp appetizer and the server was good, but I'm not sure if we will be back for dinner again on a weekend - that was crazy!
- We arrived for a 7P reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/22/2014We arrived for a 7P reservation and they made us wait for 15 minutes. They obviously overbook on purpose. Service was just bad. Our waiter had no personality and was hard to find throughout our dinner. No great food presentation and the food lacked flavor. They immediately cleared my boyfriend's food after he took his last bite. They tried to steal my plate right after (seemed like they wanted us out of there so they could go home) but I said I wasn't done. Three different people came by within 10 minutes and asked the same. It was beyond annoying!!!! I was totally unimpressed with our dinner from the moment we arrived. We will never go back!
- We used to come to this MiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014We used to come to this Mi Piace a lot and have not been in a while. We were so glad to see the food was as good as ever. The atmosphere was great and our server was fantastic. PLEASE keep up the great job!Special Features:
- A nice afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014I had Been here for Business Meeting And the Ambiente, Food And ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big BangClamsDined on 3/14/2014Pushed backed reservation by an hour with no worries. We were seated with no wait time. Table in rear which is fine. Looks out on the dinning area. Table service was outstanding. Ordered soft drinks, Insalata Greca, Ravioli Della Casa, Pizze Classica with eggplant. They make a very tasty Pizze ! I Like It !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid consistent experienceGudfudluvrVIPDined on 3/9/2014Brunch at Mi Piace is a solid, consistent experience. Food's great, servers and host stand wonderful. Only thing I advise is that it's a leisurely experience so don't expect everything too quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.