25 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mipiace.com/
- Phone: 6267953131x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday: 4:30pm - Close, Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gil Saulnier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mi Piace
In Italian, "Mi Piace" means "I like it," and they make sure you love it at this award-winning restaurant. Mi Piace is the perfect spot to enjoy an intimate dining with the finest and freshest authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mi Piace - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Mi Piace reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (56)hot spot (55)good for groups (54)great for lunch (53)romantic (42)great for brunch (42)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (19)scenic view (11)Show More
- Were not seated until approximatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008Were not seated until approximately 9:30 with 8:00 reservations. Were told to wait at bar when arrived; although we were standing right at the entrance to the bar we apparently did not hear the maitre'd call our name '10 times'. They seemed very unorganized as there were also other parties waiting to be seated that were obviously frustrated with the experience. Food and wait staff were decent, and price was less than anticipated, but not nearly worth the frustrating experience getting a table.
- we were very upset. we madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2008we were very upset. we made reservation three days in advance and they failed to reserve a table for us. they sit us in front of the kichen exit with oily smell andloud noise. i told my friend that this is my favorite resturant, and bring lot of friend there so manay times. However, this time turn out that we were discrimated by service. i am not sure i want to go back there agin.
- Our food was extremely salty.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/2008Our food was extremely salty. Desert, the chocolate soup was good. The service was terrible. Would never go there again.
- customer service lacked aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2008customer service lacked a bit, but it wont stop me from dinning their again. Overall we had a nice lunch.Special Features:
- Food was poor and came outRibsyVIPDined on 4/19/2008Food was poor and came out cold. i found a wire in my salad and they just took away the salad and did not offer any compensation, such as a free salad. Very crowded so that it was hard to flag down the waitress and we could not get someone to pick up the credit card so we finally brought it to the cashier ourselves. aManager was very defensive when we described what had happened.
- Food was so so, service sucked.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008Food was so so, service sucked. Asked for a straw and took forever.Special Features:
- the noise is NOT a negative...itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2008the noise is NOT a negative...it is very vibrant there, and we like the noise! the food was good except that the lobster/fish special ravioli was dissapointing, and at $21 for three raviolis we wanted spectacular. Other than that, was really nice, good service, fun environment!Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2008My girlfriends and I always get together for our birthdays. Since it was my birthday, the restaurant was my pick and I chose Mi Piace. My friends had never been there before and they really liked it. The food and the service was great...extremely friendly (we are not the easiest to deal with). I actually got a little tipsy and ended up leaving one of my birthday gifts behind. I called the next day and they had it and kept it in a safe place for me.Special Features:
- This was a before theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/17/2008This was a before theatre dining night... the service was attentive, with a knowledgeable server who could make great recommendations. Food was excellent. We enjoyed the evening!Special Features:
- great food, but the wait wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008great food, but the wait was long even with reservation. Been here before and food and service usually good. But, Hostess momentarily forgot my reservation and had skipped my party. She was apologetic and gave calamari on the house, which was appreciated. However, waiter took 15 min to bring us our wine and never brought us water. I understand things can be busy, but it was not the best experience for my guest who came to the restaurant for the first time.
- The service was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008The service was horrible. The waitress actually hollared at one of my guests because he couldn't hear her. And when he asked her was bernaise sauce was, she said she didn't know. The bathroom was filthy.Special Features:
- Although our server was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2008Although our server was great, the hostesses were discourteous and unpleasant. We stood at the hostess desk for almost 5 minutes before the three gals acknowledged our presence. Considering that the hostesses lay the groundwork for your experiences at restaurants, we should expect them to be skilled at customer service.Special Features:
- Generally consistent food;OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2008Generally consistent food; still needs work on attentive service.Special Features:
- service was very rushed --OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2008service was very rushed -- the waiter kept saying he wasn't rushing us, but he clearly was ..Special Features:
- the place was pretty crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008the place was pretty crowded for a wednesday night. my table for 2 was so close to the other tables that the people next to us can hear our conversations.Special Features:
- We had a 7:30 reservationSandyVIPDined on 3/28/2008We had a 7:30 reservation and did not get seated until 8:10. The bar was packed and we had an 8 month old baby with us so we were forced to stand outside in the cold while we waited. The hostess was rude when we inquired about our reservation. Once seated, our table was nice, the waiter great and the food delicious. While we really like this restaurant, we won't go there again on a Friday or Saturday as they never seem to honor reservation times.Special Features:
- Mi Piace needs to better manageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008Mi Piace needs to better manage the wait list. This is the second time that we have made reservations, only to wait 20+ minutes upon arrival. In addition, the wait staff is understaffed. Our service was poor, but it wasn't because our waiter was not working. It was because he was needing to attend to too many tables. Mi Piace is no longer on my short-list.Special Features:
- the restaurant itself, thejcatfoodVIPDined on 3/28/2008the restaurant itself, the wait-staff, and the food are all good, lively, enjoyable, and the location is great. slight negatives would be: the hostess was not up to snuff (appeared to wish she was elsewhere or just does not like her job and/or people) and we were seated 1 hour after the original reservation time. However, it's a perfectly fine place and the bread makes up for any negatives!Special Features:
- Mi Piace has been a diningLARayDined on 3/28/2008Mi Piace has been a dining favorite of mine for quite some time. The food is great, the service is very good and you can always book a table through OpenTable. However, lately I've noticed it's a lot noisier inside the restaurant. It was difficult to carry on a conversation between three people when every other comment was, "What? What did you say? Huh?" Oh well ... it was a Friday night and it's definitely a hot spot on Pasadena's main drag. Call it what you will, but it's still a great find!Special Features:
- Our server was absoluley terrible!LuvToGrubDined on 3/28/2008Our server was absoluley terrible! This was the 2nd time in a row that my co-worker and I have had her wait on us and both times she was SO SLOW! We had to ask for bread & I had to ask for water (after having an empty glass for over 20 min). She didn't come back to our table to see if we needed anything nor did she ask us if we liked our food. Mi Piace is a place where I have been coming for years, even before the remodel. But with service like that, I refuse to come back. The service is just not up to par with the decor and calibur of food. Our server was awful...and I have never said that about anyone. She might be sufficient for Chilis or Olive Garden, but definitely not up to par with what Mi Piace should hold as its standard.Special Features:
- Service and food are nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2008Service and food are nothing special. Restaurant seemed short handed and the service was not very good. Salad did not have enougth dressing and had to wait a while to get additional dressing and refill on drinks. I would not consider going back to the restaurant, as for the price, Pasadena has other restaurants.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008We enjoyed the restaurant once we were seated. We had an 11:00 reservation and arrived at 5 minutes early but then waited 25 minutes before we were seated and that was very annoying. It was Easter Sunday so maybe that was an issue that day. Also, one of the egg dishes ordered had large egg shell pieces in it and we had to get a new plate of food. It was no big deal but there was a quick apology but we had to wait for a new dish to be made and there was never an offer for a complimentary dessert or anything like that which would have been nice considering how long we waited to be seated AND the fact that one of the meals was not edible due to egg shells.Special Features:
- I'm a regular at Mi PiaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2008I'm a regular at Mi Piace and LOVE their food, drinks, ambience, and normally their service is great, too. Unfortunately, I think we may have gotten a new staff waiter because it was the first time I've experienced bad service. He was very forgetful with our requests and when refilling our drinks he didn't bother to bring more ice or new clean cups considering that we were there for almost 3 hrs. As for then, we had a great time at Mi piace as usual but disappointed with the waiter.Special Features:
- we usually go for brunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008we usually go for brunch on weekend days and lately the service has been relatively poor. our waiter on saturday was rude, didn't bring us our bread until our food was served, and didn't check in to see how we were doing.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed whenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008I was very disappointed when I arrived at Mi Piace on friday nith. I have been there many times as it is a neighborhood restaurant for me, but when I arrived for my reservation and I mentioned that the reservation is for two, plus we need space for a stroller. The lady at the front responded very rudely and said that I would have to wait now that I added a stroller. It seemed to me that this restaurant did not want to accomodate the stroller or the child. I was very embarrassed to tell me friend that she and her child were not welcome. I understand not to take children to certain restuarants, but this place is far from quiet, high-end or gourmet and I saw no reason why they could not be more inviting.
- I'm glad we reserved a tableKenHDined on 3/20/2008I'm glad we reserved a table through OpenTable - I called later to add one person to our group and it worked out nicely - we had a booth table in a nice location. We arrived at 8:00 on a Thurs. night, and the bar and restaurant were packed and people were waiting for tables. We really enjoy Mi Piace and often go there for special occasions - this time our special friends were visiting from the Bay Area and my niece was in town. My only disappointment was that it was so noisy, I found it difficult to have conversation across the table without talking unusually loudly and leaning forward.Special Features:
- This place has the most authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/4/2007This place has the most authentic pastas in the whole of Pasadena. I love it.Special Features:
- Good food ok servicegchardDined on 1/30/2007The food is good but they have a problem with service. I think this is where good waiters come to train.Special Features:
- Food is excellent, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/3/2006Food is excellent, however their service is very slow.Special Features:
- Great location in the heartBruinVIPDined on 9/10/2006Great location in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, the wait can be long though, be warned.Special Features: