25 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mipiace.com/
- Phone: 6267953131x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:30am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday: 4:30pm - Close, Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gil Saulnier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mi Piace
In Italian, "Mi Piace" means "I like it," and they make sure you love it at this award-winning restaurant. Mi Piace is the perfect spot to enjoy an intimate dining with the finest and freshest authentic Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mi Piace - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Mi Piace reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (56)hot spot (55)good for groups (54)great for lunch (53)romantic (42)great for brunch (42)vibrant bar scene (41)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (19)scenic view (11)Show More
- Pasadena Favourite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Thank you for the great service and good food. We have been coming here for many years and will continue to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's Italian for "yawn?"BroadwayFanVIPDined on 7/9/2014This Old Town Pasadena institution may have pretty cocktails and beautiful desserts, but the food is average (which means underwhelming for the price) and the service is weak: over 15 minutes to get a glass of water, that I even had to request?! Come on now. Do better than that. Not a lot of options for vegetarians, and even that took some creative effort. Maybe worth a second chance; but maybe not.
- Always a great mealgchardDined on 7/9/2014I've been going here for over ten years and I have never had a bad or even so-so meal. They are consistent and will do anything to,please their customers. Their wait staff I'd always knowledgeable and courteous and the pasta is exquisite!Special Features:
- Great foodfoodie4realsDined on 7/5/2014Everything ordered was delicious. Ordered the antipasto de mare as it was highly mentioned/rated on Yelp by its users and it did not disappoint. I also highly recommend that dish!Special Features:
- Loved ItDatboyMDined on 7/1/2014The food was amazing, the service was exceptional, and the view of old pasadena at night made it an awesome night out.Special Features:
- KatushkinzVIPDined on 6/28/2014Mi Piace has a great and vibrant atmosphere. It is typically packed, but not without reason: the food is great (the bread is delicious), the prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is really fun! And the desserts are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic.localweekenderDined on 6/27/2014Hostess needs to be a little bit more polite at check-in. Other than that bar, waiter etc. were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasure...matthewjDined on 6/23/2014i've liked Mi Piace ever since it opened. the food is fantastic, and the interior design is elegant. i remembered it being pretty pricey, but this last visit seemed like i got off easy. very cool place...Special Features:
- Not Quite as good as the last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014My sister and I must have gotten the bottom of the salad bowl because our luncheon salads were a little wilted and slightly overdressed, and it seems necessary to make your requests for more bread or drinks more than once before you are accommodated. That being said, they are always gracious about our visiting as long as we like,Special Features:
- great foodMoe89Dined on 6/21/2014Great food, beautiful restaurant, definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Service, Good FoodRamonaSteveVIPDined on 6/21/2014The service was good, the waite staff very friendly and convenient location on Colorado Blvd. The veal chop was great but the veal in the Marsala was a bit over cooked which took away from an otherwise great dish. I was slightly disappointed that they were not able to go off menu and take a special order, which I would have expected at a restaurant of this caliber. -- Saltimbocca is one of my favorites but was not on the menu. For dessert, you must have the Cannoli; they are among the best I have had. A few rough edges keep this Mi Piace from being 5 stars in my book, but I would definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is SpottyPasadenaLadyDined on 6/21/2014& a wide variety of food that is consistently great. The service is not so good. It's rare to see the same person twice, most are distracted, there is an air that they are doing you a favor, forget things, especially if you are not a large party (and I eat alone a lot and with one person). Then there will be a great waiter - which we had on Saturday. He had been there awhile knew the menu well and was pretty attentive (there were two of us and we were on the sidewalk patio. The spotty service has been that way for years as I've been coming here for 4 yrs now and it has to be the hiring. The atmosphere is great - very loud on Fridays and Saturday nights -Special Features:
- yummDined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious. There were four of us and we wanted to try different things and share them among ourselves. They were very gracious about splitting plates, which is nice to find in a restaurant. The salads and pasta were all excellent. The chocolate soup was incredibly rich and delicious, but not overly sweet. Perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodfigmundDined on 6/20/2014The food is always superb. A bit crowded, but otherwise the staff was friendly and we enjoyed our evening there very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevenStevenDined on 6/19/2014This restaurant was a great surprise. The food was better than many other Italian restaurants I've been to. Food had flavor and was well presented. Desserts were outstanding and service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!andi9349Dined on 6/16/2014Had a brilliant time eating here. The food was plated in an immaculate and appealing way. Not only that, the food tasted great!Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchbarndoorDined on 6/15/2014Had an 11:00A reservation - hostess said she just needed to clear off a table, then proceeded to give it to the couple that came in after us. Instead we got a terrible table in the back next to the kitchen. We waited at least 10 minutes before someone even acknowledged us. Then came Jenna. She was, by far, the BEST server we've ever had. Not only did she get drinks to us almost immediately, she was friendly, efficient, and had our order taken and delivered within 15 minutes. My son & I love their eggs benedict and they didn't disappoint. My husband had their Osso Bucco and LOVED it! And she gave us our calamari fritti appetizer (always good too) for free because we had to wait - above and beyond the call of duty. Made our day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014My parents are regulars here and I have been coming with them quite often for YEARS!!! like 15 years. Im obsessed with the Lasagna di Pollo. We came here for Father's day breakfast and we waited like 40 minutes for them to take our food order. Then atleast another 40 minutes for food. It certainly wasnt an issue of it being too crowded as we saw tables being served all around us and there were many tables not occupied. We of course will give them another chance, i was just disappointed.
- WOW!RobBDined on 6/14/2014Great atmosphere - asked for a booth (they onyl have 3) and the hostess made sure she saved me one. Very nice staff, great atmosphere. Very good food. Had a great evening!Special Features:
- Very impressive service.lepuhyeDined on 6/14/2014Mi Piace has one of the best service that I have encountered. The food is good but the service is the best. Although it was pretty busy, the staff were very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration LunchBlandingsDreamHouseDined on 6/13/2014Although we were first offered a table in the back by the serving station (3 other parties in the restaurant), our request for a window table for 2 was graciously and quickly honored. We began with the bruschetta, crisp and perfectly seasoned. Glasses of St. Emilion accompanied our mains of freshly made pasta and salad. Complimentary bread was tasty and still warm. Of course, we had to have dessert as we were by the pastry case in front. Worth the calories. Lemon raspberry tart was light with an intriguing seeded pastry. My friend had the hazelnut and chocolate pastry. Service was efficient, friendly and unobtrusive. This was the perfect place to take a friend for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but service still a bit slowJinga34VIPDined on 6/11/2014I still love going to Mi Piace but the last few times the service has been on the slow side. Not a big deal to me as I enjoy dining with friends but some people may find it offputting.Special Features:
- Great first visitMotorcycleMamaDined on 6/8/2014Was looking for a restaurant in Pasadena and a cousin recommended Mi Piace...glad he did! Open Table Reservation worked flawlessly. Mi Piace was cool increasing # in my party. Got called for confirmation day of and they were cool with reducing # in my party. Service was great as was food. We ordered breakfast and lunch items and only complaint was that the toasted bread on the steak sandwich was a lot to chew through. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Expensive for what you get!Ghost47Dined on 5/31/2014I've been here twice this past year and the food was good but really expensive for what you get and there's not much in the way of variety. It would have been nice to have some combination options (smaller portion of pizza and salad). Unless you were willing to pay for both a personal pizza and a salad (not cheap) or someone is willing to share with you, you're stuck with the monotony. Service was fairly responsive and friendly. The restaurant decor was very modern, light and airy but the tables were too close together making it a bit stifling.
- Great Food & AmbiancethefinchsterVIPDined on 5/30/2014An open kitchen, high ceilings, white walls, and a trendy, yet minimalistic design, how could you not fall in love with the ambiance? Mi Piace also has an outdoor patio right in front, making it a perfect place to dine and people watch. I've eaten here plenty of times and each time has been a great experience. One of my favorite dishes has to be Ravioli Al Burro, with chicken breast. If you're in the mood for dessert, I recommend the Banana Pyramid, even though I'm not a huge fan of bananas. A crunchy chocolate base with a fresh banana cream dipped in milk chocolate -- surprisingly light and yummy. Because of the great ambiance, superb location, friendly service, and tasty food, I'll continue to come back again and again.Special Features:
- Mi PiaceTKAdineDined on 5/30/2014I have not been to Mi Piace for a few years. Four of us tall and broad-shouldered adults were sat at a table sqwished up against a wall...there were other tables and we did have a reservation. The food was good, but not the best Italian food in town. I recognized very few bottles of wine on the wine list.Special Features:
- RacheVIPDined on 5/25/2014One of our favorite place to eat in Padadena. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1083 reviews are from the Mi Piace reviews archive.
- Nice Place, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014I've been wanting to try Mi Piace since moving to the area a couple years ago. My birthday seemed like as good a time as any so we went for Breakfast/Brunch. It really is a nice place, and looks even better at night. The food was good. Everyone in the group liked their food and would order it again. The chocolate waffles were a particular hit with my group. I personally had the eggs Florentine. I would also order this again, although I would suggest they add some cheese to it for a bit more of an indulgent flavor. The service was also very good. The waiter was helpful and funny. My own issue were a couple of mistakes on the order, but they were minor and did not delay the start of our meal at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply divineFabDiner21Dined on 5/24/2014All Mi Piace staff were very courteous and welcoming. Their professionalism provided an all-around great dining experience. The food was expertly presented and delicious. So good I posted photo of the Shrimp Scampi on FB.Special Features:
- Lightning doesn't strike twice!PasMikeDined on 5/24/2014Our first experience at Mi Piaci was fantastic. Couldn't wait to get back. Unfortunately history didn't repeat itself. After we were seated at a two top, the restaurant was maybe 1/3 full, we decided to sit next to each other. No one attended us after being seated, so we took the initiative and made the move ourselves. About five minutes later the hostess comes back and says we can't take up two tables like that. I said really, we have to move? We did. After five more minutes still no server attention. Finally ordered a much anticipated Bloody Mary which for some reason took 15 minutes to make, food did come and was good, but many details even in the prep of the food left much to be desired. I think we are sadly done with Mi Piaci
- Great foodRysbossDined on 5/22/2014Met here for lunch. Had a table at the front of the restaurant. My view was of the baked goods and my friend's was of Colorado Blvd. It was quite busy and a little noisy and our table was quite close to the other tables on each side. I got there a little early and there is no waiting area. The food was excellent and the house cabernet was a very good pick.Special Features:
- One of Pasadena's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Pasadena and one of our regular stops. One of those places where the food is not only great, but consistently great. Have had many things on the menu, with nothing ever bad or even mediocre. Make sure you save room for dessert (check out the dessert case while waiting for your table). If you like chocolate, make sure to order the chocolate soup with your main order (takes 20 minutes to prepare) -- plenty enough to share, but you may not want to.Special Features:
- Favorite Italian food in Pasadena!bhDRVIPDined on 5/17/2014I can't tear myself away from the lasagne di pollo (chicken lasagne). Seriously...try it. I really wanted to try the chocolate soup dessert that the table next to ours got but was too full! Excellent food and service. We go to this restaurant quite often and always enjoy it.Special Features:
- Food fine, service not goodnot2chooseyDined on 5/17/2014The food at Mi Piace was good but the service was inattentive. Despite the fact that the restaurant was not full, we had to ask twice for lunch menus and wait several minutes to get them. When the food came, it was set down at the wrong places -- the wait staff didn't ask who had ordered what. One of the dishes didn't come out for several more minutes and this was not acknowledged. A simple "Your food will be out shortly" would have been fine, but after setting the three plates down the wait staff disappeared and then showed up some time later with the last plate. At one point we wanted more water, but two of the wait staff were leaning on the counter talking and didn't glance over, so it took a while to get their attention.
- Nice Lunch SpotEYWA1ADined on 5/16/2014I've now eaten at Mi Piace for both breakfast and lunch. Good food, good service, reasonable prices. I'll be back.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Good food, good place, great wine, will go again, but there wasn't enough waitersSpecial Features:
- Non mi piace.TheGreedyDinerDined on 5/14/2014The complimentary bread-bits were good. An “insalata tricolore” was ample but the dressing tasteless. A “ravioli di costini” was decent but overpriced. A simple “spaghetti aglio e olio” was commendably al dente but so dry it couldn’t even twirl around the fork. It needed more olive oil; garlic too. Simple and yummy is what we hoped for; dry and tasteless is what we got. Far worse was the “fettuccine bolognese”: shockingly dried out, especially on top, with way too little of a forgettable sauce. Two underfilled glasses of a nice sangiovese both had bits of cork floating in them. If we hadn’t been pressed for time we would have sent back two of the three pasta dishes, and the wines. The service? Inattentive, cheerless, and graceless.
- Great PlaceFVDINNERDined on 5/10/2014I has been at least 11 years since the first time I visited this place and I still find it to be a great place to go out to dinner. The food is as great as always. They made us wait for a table about 20 to 30 minutes even though we had a reservation. Still a great place.Special Features:
- Did not match reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Really dissapointing. Poor Service. Unorganized. Dirty chairs with grease spots, ruined my pants. Cafe quality food. Visited in May, 2014.
- What's the point?JamieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Made a reservation only to sit ignored in a lounge area and hunch over my food as 3 groups of walk ins seconds before me had a table. I guess I had to see for myself how overrated this place was. Also it took me asking 3x for the status of my cocktail to have it brought out.