Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
90 Manaquayak Road
West Tisbury, MA 02575Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lambertscoveinn.com/
- Phone: 5086932298
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Max Eagan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There is no lovelier setting, indoors or out, than the Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant for a Martha's Vineyard wedding reception, anniversary celebration or other special event. We can host events up to 75 guests indoors or up to 300 in an outdoor tented area. The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is also the ideal location for your company, professional group or organizations' meeting, conference or seminar. We have a private conference room seating 15 guests and can provide breakfast and lunch as well as organize outings for your guests. Please call for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Jones 5086932298
A word from Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is known as one of the most romantic retreats on Martha's Vineyard. Situated on 7 acres of spacious lawns, gardens, forest and meadowlands in the pastoral town of West Tisbury, it offers tranquility and seclusion. The Restaurant offers one of the best dining experiences on the island. Enjoy the ambiance of our elegant dining room with it's beautiful fireplaces and 100 year old grand piano featuring live entertainment in season. Our dinner menu rotates, featuring fresh island seafood, veal, beef, poultry, in-season vegetables from local gardens and farms, homemade soups, breads and delicious desserts. The Restaurant is not appropriate for children under the age of 8 (with the exception of Mother’s Day and Easter brunches). Note: The restaurant is no longer BYOB!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Martha's Vineyard ›
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (37)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (26)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food/Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013We had the mussels and beet salad to start...just fantastic! For dinner my wife got the pesto scallops and I had the duck. Both meals were amazing!!Special Features:
- What happened to Lambert's Cove?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2013We recently returned to Martha's Vineyard after a 10 year absence and were looking forward to dinner at the charming Lambert's Cove Inn. I'm not sure when Lambert's Cove decided to renovate, but they removed all the charm! They added a huge indoor porch area that was dark and depressing and without any of the antique feeling of the original restaurant. It seemed to be more like something you'd find at a Marriott. There is outside dining by the pool which I'm sure is nice (it was too chilly for us to eat there) and another more antique room that's a little closer to the original but they lost something that was truly special. The food was very good but I don't think we'll be back. Too depressing. Too expensive.Special Features:
- Our favorite on Martha's VineyardOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/11/2013After a warm greeting, we were led to an elegant dining room, offered a varied menu, and served well prepared and presented food -- a fine place to dine and have conversation. What more can one ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was tremendous,markDined on 8/9/2013The restaurant was tremendous, food was great and service outstanding. A very friendly place that simply wanted to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat!VineyardGirlDined on 8/9/2013there are 3 couples that go out for one "fancy" meal during the summer - The Lambert's Cove Inn was our choice this year. It was delightful - the food was just delicious! We enjoyed the mussels, the scallops, flat iron steak, salmon, tornedos of beef and just loved our dessert of bread budding and a chocolate hazelnut crunch dessert. We would all highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2013Lambert's Cove Inn was the perfect spot to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We were seated outside on the beautiful poolside patio surrounded by the lush gardens. As they knew we were celebrating an anniversary the waiter arrived with glasses of champagne, on the house. Our meals were delicious and the service was wonderful. The Lambert's Cove Inn was truly the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary and we can't wait to return. I would highly recommend this spot to anyone looking for a truly special place to celebrate a special event or just to have a wonderful evening in a beautiful Inn on Martha's Vineyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013Again, we had a fabulous time. The special 4 meat chili appetizer was spectacular as we're the crab cakes and wrapped prawns. The Tornedos of beef were melt in your mouth. A great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningkarebearDined on 8/2/2013Enjoyed this great hideaway restaurant. Definitely off the beaten path but worth the travel. Menu changes regularly but the choices were delicious. The menu accommodated my gluten free dietary needs very well. A nice romantic way to celebrate my husband's birthday. Amazing dessert menu, too! Loved the decor and ambiance. As we sat waiting for our taxi, we enjoyed sitting outside on the bench admiring the well-maintained surroundings. We even bought His & Her Spa Bath Robes to take home with us.Special Features:
- Mrs.BoricuaNYCDined on 8/2/2013A visually beautiful restaurant with exceptional service and delectable food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013My wife and I returned to Lamberts Cove Inn for the second time. Our first visit was a small family retirement party for my wife. Everything from start to finish was fantastic. The food was amazing and presentation was great. Our second visit was just my wife and I. No special occasion just a quiet evening for 2. Again the food was amazing and the atmosphere was very conducive to just being together and talking. Lamberts Cove Inn has become a favorite for us. Not to mention the Inn keepers, they are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the very best on the IslandSteveofoto1VIPDined on 7/31/2013Extraordinary setting, attentive but unobtrusive service, beautifully prepared food. Two of us had the cod; two others had the stuffed ravioli. All were excellent. I had the mussels as an appetizer...some of the best I've ever had. This restaurant is sometimes overlooked by the Edgartown-o-philes. It ranks right up there with L'Etoile and Atria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it was...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/30/2013Used to be caring. Attention to detail. Now, business like. Turn the table. Menu choices limited. Wine: Used to be BYOB, now a poor selection that is overpriced. Best one can say is the location of the Inn is charming. Too bad. The manager was a bright spot and hopefully he can move the experience up several notches.
- Great atmosphere; overpriced foodCaptainTedDined on 7/26/2013Great setting for a romantic night out, but the food is overpriced and not imaginative. Scallop dish was not up to last year's standards.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedBethDined on 7/21/2013After many years of visiting our summer home on the vineyard and always wanting to experience what we have heard to be a fabulous dining experience fit for special occasions we decided to give Lamberts Cove a try. The food quality, cueing, and service were very disappointing in order if disappointment. We consider ourselves foodies and travel all over the US and abroad dining out frequently for business and pleasure. We will not return to this establishment.Special Features:
- Good dinnerAJ60Dined on 7/18/2013They didn't complain when we all split the appetizer or their fish chowder which was excellent Attentive to the water glasses. Nice staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just missesMVfoodyDined on 7/11/2013The restaurant is as lovely as ever. The food unfortunately just missed the mark. Port salut in the Cesar was just wrong and lettuce was not as fabulous as hoped. The duck confit was good and so was the tournedos. The best bit was The chocolate hazelnut dessert. That was worth Every cent.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem on the vineyardliv2eatDined on 7/10/2013With all the hoopla about this restaurant or that one on Martha's Vineyard, this was one we found while out biking last year. it s a bit secluded but absolutely our favorite on the Vineyard. The staff actually acts as if they are happy you are there, the food outstanding and the ambience inviting. Look this one up...you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Better than ever!DeliciosoVIPDined on 7/9/2013We have been going to Lambert's Cove for years and were excited to see what the new chef was serving. Everything from the starters of Mussels in a creamy chorizo broth to the sorbet and then the sweet, but crispy duck confit was superb. We ended our meal with the chocolate hazelnut nut crunch cake ,which kept you wondering just what you were crunching. Also of note was the wine list. Lambert's cove is one of the Vineyard restaurants that recently received a beer an wine license. Their wine list is both very varied and appropriately priced! We will definitely be back again this summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High marks for food & decorFoodieDined on 7/7/2013We would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion. We were greeted graciously and seated in such a wonderful parlor with drinks while we waited for our table. The food was outstanding in flavor, imagination, and presentation. It was a very lovely way to spend a notable birthday and a must when visiting the island, especially for the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All that I remember...MattandCaroleLeeDined on 7/4/2013I remember visiting The Lambert's Cove Inn as a young man on only a few occasions. Primarily the occasion was a special dinner for a milestone birthday of a family elder. I was looking for a very special, intimate restaurant with top-shelf food, wine, and service to celebrate five great years with a wonderful woman and The Lambert's Cove in was just that. Our exceptional dining experience set the tone for the rest of the evening. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!BlawsonDined on 7/2/2013We had a wonderful experience here! The staff was very accommodating when we needed to change our reservation time at the last minute, no hassle at all. Our server was wonderful and te food was amazing and very creative. It made our honeymoon very memorable! Special thanks to the manager, Jason, who went above and beyond to make the whole evening perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected betterRobSVIPDined on 7/2/2013Dined there with some friends over the 4th and, having been there before, mostly knew what to expect. The Ambience is always very nice and we had a nice table. The food was ok, and creatively described on the menu, but frankly, I've had better here. We had the beet salad which had a nice dressing, but was nothing special unfortunately. We also had the burrata which also sounded much better on the menu than what was presented on the plate.The entrées were more of the same, although the burger (of all things) was a hit.The service, while very friendly, needs a bit of training, and the courses were VERY rushed, eventhough we asked for time between courses after a rushed first course. Wine list interesting and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Vineyard DiningJandCDined on 6/29/2013Wonderful experience. New chef but continued excellent food, flat iron steak with a flavorful Demi glacé and potatoes au gratin and pan seared scallops with risotto. Attentive service in the library section which we prefer particularly in the winter when it is cozy but great ambience year round. Elegant setting but dress can still be smart casual. Take time to explore the front two sitting rooms of the inn. Priced appropriately. Feels like a special occasion whenever we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Summer MealGoodfoodmv4Dined on 6/29/2013We love our recent visit to the Inn/resteraunt! It was our wedding anniversary and everything was just perfect! Great food, wine and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A weekend to remember.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013We celebrated our 32nd anniversary with a 3 day stay at Lambert's Cove Inn. Our entire stay was delightful. The staff was very certain to make sure everything was always going fine. The breakfasts were more that we expected and evening dining was gracious as expected from our visit a prior year. You will very much enjoy Lambert's Cove Inn and Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dull and old fashionedMVfoodieDined on 6/22/2013Not what we hoped for on a third visit this decade. What should be charming in a wooded area and nice Inn Is a tired looking room, too formal, with decent food but untrained staff. Can't recommend it when there are so many other great choice in Martha's Vineyard.Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2013My wife and I celebrated her birthday by having dinner at the Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant. We were fortunate because the restaurant participated in Martha's Vineyards' Restaurant Week. We had an absolutely wonderful three course dinner. The food was top notch and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurante Week on MVOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2013We went with friends for Martha's Vineyard restaurant week to Lambert's Cove for our first time and it was very good. We would go back again. It is a little $$$ but for a special occasion well worth the costSpecial Features:
- 28th wedding anniversarymichaelDined on 6/9/2013Very nice as usual. Thank you to all there for making our anniversary special.Special Features:
- We have been dining at LambertsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2013We have been dining at Lamberts Cove since 1992, when we bought a home on the Vineyard. This past experience was the most disapointing experience that we ever had. The caesar salad was drenched in salad dressing. The scallops were over cooked and service was indifferent to us. I guess the competition of the Vineyard has finally caught up to what was once a very special dining experience.
- Outstanding!!!AngieQVIPDined on 5/26/2013Just perfect all the way around :-) Presentation, ambiance, delicious food. Wonderful experience here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingBirthdayPartyDined on 5/17/2013Beautiful location. Friendly and gracious staff. We had arrived early and enjoyed walking around the garden with a glass of wine. The food, however, was a bland and in some cases poorly prepared. A beet salad had almost no flavor and seemed like it might have been made hours in advance. The accompanying greens did not seem to have any dressing on them. Three strange piles of salad that didn't quite make it. I ordered a ravioli primavera as an entree. Sounded delicious, but the ravioli were gummy and bland, yet served in a sauce that overwhelmed the rest of the dish. Maybe frozen vegetables? My wife ordered salmon, which was cooked in a sauce more suitable for ribs. Chocolate desert was next to tasteless. Nice wine, however.Special Features:
- We hadn't been there in 10rubekingDined on 5/4/2013We hadn't been there in 10 years and it's really changed. The building has been expanded and the dining room is much larger and looks out to a pool and woods. The old dining room is s sitting room. My wife loved her dinner (oysters and steak Diane). I had the spring salad (which I recommend) and the surf and turf. The surf and turf consisted of a very small piece of braised short rib in a fine sauce. It would have been great if there were more than a few bites. The surf was two baked stuffed shrimp. The shrimp was somewhat overcooked and had little taste but the stuffing was very good. Antonia, our server, was excellent. We would definitely return althouh I would get the steak Diane. this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful locationRichDined on 4/27/2013The food and service were excellant and the setting very romantic. A very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must when on martha's vineyardTheatreFanVIPDined on 4/27/2013Wonderful night...love the decor (warm and inviting), food was delicious (variety and preparation was just right), music was perfect (added to a lovely evening without being obvious, perfect background music), staff was amazing(just the right amount of attention given to our table without being intrusive)...will definitely return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012We had a lovely dinner at Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant. Outstanding in all areas.Special Features:
- A restaurant that never fails!!!!foodie512Dined on 12/8/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place - sat in the library – like a comfortable living room. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The scallops were amazing. The apple crumble was delicious and a great topping to a marvelous meal. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable.Special Features:
- The food was exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2012The food was exceptional. Bay Scallops were the best I've had and my date said the Kobe beef melted in her mouth. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- We had dinner at Lambert'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2012We had dinner at Lambert's Cove on my husband's birthday, the night before Thanksgiving. This was one of the best meals we've experienced! I had the amazing Wagyu Beef and my husband had roast chicken with waffles, sharing the Olive Oil lemon Cake for dessert. All superb, and at a price that's moderate for the Vineyard. We had a long wait, both for the main course and for dessert--which was a little odd as because of the date we were the only people in the restaurant. But the food was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- Imaginative, beautifully prepared,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/9/2012Imaginative, beautifully prepared, and delicious food in a warm, comfortable and sophisticated space.Special Features: