Ocean Prime - Orlando
7339 W. Sandlake Road #420
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeorlando.com/
- Phone: 4077814880x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Mattson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, seven days a week, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
A word from Ocean Prime - Orlando
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ocean Prime - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Ocean Prime - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (79)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (49)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (22)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Food was very good, however; a bit over priced. I would visit the restaurant more often if price was more in line with overall quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDebOrlandoDined on 4/13/2014For the second year in a row, we've gone to Ocean Prime for my birthday dinner. They never fail to exceed our expectations. Ben, our waiter, was great and made my evening special. As usual, the food was amazing, from the crab to the ribeyes to my scallop dinner with a fabulous risotto side. Dessert was heavenly. This is a must go to place for special occasions!Special Features:
- Speechless, where do i start...NofeliciaDined on 4/12/2014From the moment my guest and i entered the restaurant we were welcomed with smiles. The host sat us and moments later our server assistant greeted us with water. Rob came later and greeted us as our server. Everything he recommended was incredible. The Tuna Tar tar was amazing. The group selected the filet and sea-bass entrees. The filet & sea-bass entrees were prepared perfect. The sides are family style so we chose many. The macaroni and cheese was mouth watering. Robert paired our wine and cocktails perfectly. We had an array of desserts. Since we were celebrating multiple occasions we splurged & ate carrot cake, peanut butter pie and the pistachio ice cream was to die for. Robert made us feel special. By far the best dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food and service!emilym3Dined on 4/12/2014I loved eating here. The food was outstanding and so was the service. I ordered the yellowfin tuna and it was seared perfectly. Everything went perfect. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- ExcellentFatmanDined on 4/11/2014Great food and impeccable service. I ate dinner there three times in four days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner was not hotJskrabVIPDined on 4/11/2014We received our dinner and it was luke warm. They took our meal back and reheated it, but I don't believe we were given the best service pertaining to the issue. They then called us the next day about our service and I stated it to the person and she said "we are glad you had a great experience". It was like she didn't even hear what I said. We have been here a few times and we not very happy this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014Every dish my family had was excellent , everything was guest rate .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool bar a pond fabulous food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Everything about our evening at Ocean Prime was first class. Warm and friendly staff, great wine list, terrific food and great entertainment. They had a musician playing, creating a lovely atmosphere without making conversation difficult. I really couldn't recommend Ocean Prime highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningLorihelenDined on 4/10/2014I took my twin siblings to Ocean Prime for their birthday and it was a memorable evening. The service was exceptional; the food perfectly cooked and presented; and the desserts were decadent! Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014We have a very pleasant night with a very good service and a very "French" quality and design food. We really enjoy this moment and strongly recommend the Ocean Prime restaurant. ManuelaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time eating here,GrandmadVIPDined on 4/5/2014Our first time eating here, but it won't be the last. Our server Scott was friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. Food was cooked perfectly And nicely presented. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experience and FoodCaryDined on 4/5/2014I have dined here now twice on business trips to Orlando and both times I had a food and service experience that exceeded expectations. Every single aspect of the experience was perfectly orchestrated. Our table of 4 all had one of the best meals ever and they are well traveled. The calamari and shor trib scallop appetizers were outstanding, the oysters were top shelf. Mahi Mahi and Tuna were superb but save room for dessert the signature carrot cake competes with a backed Alaska and peanut butter and chocolate torte that defies description just get it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrb63Dined on 4/1/2014I would highly recommend!!! Food was excellent! the service was outstanding! they really take care of you. It is one of the best restaurant in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Orlando restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/30/2014Our experience at Ocean Prime was fantastic. We sat in a booth in the lounge and our server was extremely attentive and friendly. We ordered appetizers, salads and main courses and they were all AMAZING. We particularly enjoyed the sonoma goat cheese ravioli, the chilean sea bass, the filet mignon and the JALAPENO AU GRATIN POTATOES. I am still dreaming about these potatoes and wish I hadn't been so full so that I could've eaten more of them!! I will definitely return to Ocean Prime in Orlando and will recommend it to everyone I know. Although it is pricey, it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerBudmanDined on 3/28/2014Our waiter was fantastic, menu selections wonderful for a Friday in lent. I would eat here again aNd will try one of the other restaurants in Ohio!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great impression!DeluxeDined on 3/27/2014Nice place to make an impression. Service is great, food terrific. Cannot beat this whole package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Ocean PrimeLuv2dineVIPDined on 3/26/2014We used to go to Ocean Prime in Aventura, North Miami, until they closed down a few years ago. So being in Orlando, we just had to go to Ocean Prime. The food was great, the service was just as good as we were used to in Aventura, and in short - we enjoyed dining at Ocean Prime again! If you haven't been there and you get the chance, you should definitely try it out!Special Features:
- Best in CityBelgarathVIPDined on 3/25/2014This is a world class experience, service, food and positive atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014We found the food and service impeccable, the waiter made a special dessert for one of our guests who was celebrating a birthday. I am taking another customer there this evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Wandd1955Dined on 3/23/2014Great service. Peter was our server and he had great wine recommendations. Had the scallops, and the filet both were fantastic. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining ExperienceLark131Dined on 3/21/2014Ocean Prime is considered one of the best restaurants in Orlando and for good reason. The service is impeccable! Our server, Diego, was very attentive, and made wonderful suggestions that suited our dietary needs and likes. The craft drinks are generous and delicious, especially the Cucumber Gimlet. Our meals were delicious, especially the sea scallops with scampi sauce, and our side of asparagus with hollandaise were perfectly prepared. The desserts that we selected and took home with us to enjoy later in the evening were delicious, especially the blueberry-lemon cheesecake. We highly recommend this restaurant - it's a treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious seafood and morepmetzDined on 3/18/2014I decided to try this restaurant to treat a client to a nice dinner -- and he is a "foodie" (and I sort of am, too, but to a lesser degree.) We were both delighted. The service was exceedingly friendly and helpful, perhaps slightly pandering, but pleasant, not annoying. As the restaurant filled, the service got slightly slow and "stressed", but not terribly so. Menu options made it difficult to choose. We split a "Surf & Turf" appetizer of scallops and braised short ribs, which we phenomenal. I had the seared ahi tuna and my colleague had the crab cakes, and we both felt they were top notch. Wine list was respectable, with quite a few recognizable mid-tier and mid-high quality wines. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly DisappointingJaniDined on 3/16/2014Have eaten at many steak houses and decided to give this one a try, the steaks were ok they got one order wrong but remedied it. Also it took us 45 min to get the food to us which is a bit long. By the time they corrected the wrong steak my daughter wasn't hungry anymore. All in all probably won't eat here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando. Ocean primeAnnemarieDined on 3/16/2014The food quality was great. The wait staff courteous. The kitchen was very very slow. Took one hour to get out entreesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and Foodjpeter28Dined on 3/14/2014The staff took great care of us on top of outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everythign was perfect!DisappointedVIPDined on 3/13/2014From the minute the hostess sat us down, to the very last drop of wine, our meal was absolutley fabulous. The waitress was very attentive. The food was devine. And our wine glasses were never dry. We will return when we are in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- Awesome Food great serviceChipDined on 3/13/2014The place was great, you have to get the smoking seafood platter. The Caesar Salad was one of the best ever. Best place I have been in the International Blvd Area. There was a one minute mix up with our first order of drinks and they put them on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!ShermVIPDined on 3/13/2014Great food (try the deviled eggs, you will not be sorry!) Everything was incredible - every bite of food, every sip of wine and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedJEfromMODined on 3/13/2014Had dinner while in town for business and was really impressed by both the quality of the meal and the level of service, it was a great dining expirience.Special Features:
- Very good resturantSMILINGRAYDined on 3/11/2014Great food. Good service. Nice jazz music. A little loud due to a birthday party. A little $$$ but worth it. They ran out of sea bass which they said was their best dish. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLarryGDined on 3/11/2014Food was OK service was very substandard. Hardly saw the waitress and had to wait over 50 minutes for my fish that had no sides and cost $42.
- Nice Business MealRonMVIPDined on 3/10/2014While in Orlando we found Ocean Prime through OpenTable. Upon arrival we were surprised how empty the restaurant was for a prime dinner time, especially with reservations not available through OpenTable. To our pleasure the hostess asked what seats we would like and we selected a spot near the bar with a nice, open door to the outside. Our server was Tina, who was friendly and responsive; she also knew the menu extremely well. The food, service and ambiance were all above and beyond. Steaks were cooked to perfection, drinks had a nice pour and crab appetizer was amazing. Thank you for a nice experience while in town for a convention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opiniondiningoutDined on 3/8/2014Did not like seeing people dressed in shorts should have been seated in bar. Everyone else had suitcoats or dress shirts. That is not busuness casual attire don't have a dress code your not going to follow. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE of the BestMrRachelDined on 3/7/2014The restaurant was amazing, from when I had to call to reschedule, tl when left. They treated me with great deal of respect it was me and my girlfriend first time there and they made it a moment to remember. The food was amazing the drinks and well, and the service 200%. Ill be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night out with Wife & FriendsRobertDined on 3/6/2014Fabulous dinner all around. Appetizers were delicious!! Steaks and fish were great. Good scotch and wine. Brian was our server and he was wonderful. Very attentive, while not being overbearing. I would go back there again. Restaurant called me the next day to make sure we had a good time and asked if there was anything they could improve on. Nice touch!!Special Features:
- Good meal and service. MusicBendyVIPDined on 3/5/2014Good meal and service. Music was a little loud for the dining room.Special Features:
- Ocean Prime has got for everyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014Ocean Prime has got for every taste- good variety of steaks, nice selection of fish and sides. The staff was attentive. The discussion with dining room Manager Mr. Gary Tucek, Jr. was encouraging. We were party of four. Everybody enjoyed from start to end. Complementary valet parking was icing on the cake. We will visit again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Rare Filet EverpaprikashDined on 3/4/2014If you like rare steaks and filets specifically, you have to try this place! My filet was cooked perfectly rare and the season was impeccable. I usually order ribeye or KC/NY strips for better flavor, but wanted something lighter so I compromised on the filet. But OP's filet were no compromise at all. There were some awesome choices for dressing the steak like truffle butter or traditional bernaise and the sides were tremendous: lobster mashed, twice baked, truffle mac&cheese, creamed spinach (with bacon), etc. I could easily spend three nights of eating there without getting bored!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ServiceScottDined on 3/3/2014The entire experience was great. The food, the server, and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Small corporate gatheringJRRRVIPDined on 2/28/2014Small corporate gathering , promptly attended. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.