1420 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrovendome.com/
- Phone: 3038253232
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Jasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro Vendome
Bistro Vendome, designed to evoke the look and feel of a long-established, family-owned bistro plucked from a Parisian street corner, features a carefully crafted menu that contains a wealth of French flavors served in a comfortable and charming environment. Brought to you by the owners of nearby Rioja, Bistro Vendome is based a foundation of classical French with a lighter and more contemporary influence. This heartwarming bistro fare pairs well with the full service bar with more than 65 selections of French wine representing all regions of France. Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere guarantees a unique and authentic French dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Vendome - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Bistro Vendome reviews from OpenTable diners
368 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (242)special occasion (230)romantic (229)fit for foodies (202)neighborhood gem (112)great for brunch (106)notable wine list (105)great for lunch (35)good for groups (31)scenic view (31)hot spot (28)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- eatoutVIPDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant has the most wonderful patio dining in Denver!Special Features:
- MomkDined on 7/22/2014We had a delicious dinner with very excellent service from a competent and delightful wait staff. We were a bit late for our reservation due to traffic, but they held our table. My friend and I wanted to try both an appetizer and salad but recognized we couldn't eat that much. They were very willing to allow us to split them, and both were presented in a very nice way which made sharing easy. We had a very leisurely dinner and at no time did we feel rushed.Special Features:
- Big DisappointmentTBearVIPDined on 7/21/2014We've loved this place and considered it one of the best restaurants in Denver. Food and service were excellent, but our last 2 visits left a lot to be desired. Two visits ago my appetizer was served cold. On our most recent visit, the kitchen was incredibly slow. We ate two baguettes while waiting for our appetizers and then entrees, taking the edge off our appetites. We were searching for our waiter to complain about the long delay when our entrees finally arrived. Then to top off the slow service, the mussels were disappointing in that they were small and overcooked. The asparagus in my halibut were tough and the vegetables were undercooked. The Crème Brûlée was cold. So many things went wrong that they must be under new management.
- Lovely summer evening dinnerskibumVIPDined on 7/20/2014The entire wait staff is very gracious, letting us pick our table outside, and then when it threatened to rain, they found us a place under the awning. We ate moules et frites and some gorgeous salads, shared one of their excellent creme caramels for dessert, and along with a crisp white wine, it was the perfect warm summer evening dinner. We love the outdoor patio because it is tucked away in a quiet courtyard, and we never get tired of looking at the "Bull and Bear" sandstone scuptures and the famous angel. Thanks, Bistro, for keeping up your standards and always having at least one new taste that rounds out the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est toujours très bon!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014I always enjoy going to Bistro Vendome. Although there are not alot of vegetarian options for the main course, I am always satisfied with what is offered. The presentation is always beautiful and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GinoDined on 7/20/2014Wonderful food as always...bartender a little slow...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple disappointmentsCateDined on 7/18/2014Hostess unprofessional and rude. = Poor taste in our mouths from the beginning. Otherwise, good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemkmt13Dined on 7/16/2014Love this little gem of a restaurant. Price is very fair, food is good and the ambiance is wonderful. A great place to go before the theater as you can get a great meal and they can get you out quickly. Also, fantastic happy hour. $3 for a glass of Cote-de-RhoneSpecial Features:
- a Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Interesting menu, and friendly, non-pushy staff. We never felt rushed thought the room was pretty full. We enjoyed duck confit and the trout, and would order the same without question. But then we'd be missing something else. We'll be back!!Special Features:
- Top notch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Food was very good, but not the best I've had. Everything else was perfect.Special Features:
- Best Steak Frites I've ever hadsullyDined on 7/12/2014After a friend recommended Vendome to my wife we decided to go for our anniversary dinner this past weekend. We had been to Rioja before and really liked it and learned this was by the same chef. I must say that after trying that we actually prefer Vendome for the ambiance and equally for the food. Rioja might be a bit more inventive, but the food we had at Bistro Vendome was classically good. Another nice touch was they gave us complimentary glasses of champaign to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanetKDined on 7/12/2014Another great experience at Bistro Vendome - this time on the charming outdoor patio. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/9/2014excellent food and service. Very good at honoring reservations. Prices are very fairSpecial Features:
- One bad eveningOnenightstandDined on 7/7/2014We had heard wonderful reports. On arrival no one was at reception and it was 4 or 5 min before the recep. appeared without a word of sorry for the delay. Seating was crowded no doubt to get another table in. A simple bucket stand is a nice touch for chilled wine not putting the wine on a handy table near you. The major negative derives from delicious mussels that gave us both a miserable night. We should have known when we found the two unopened mussels at the bottom if the bowl. Service was in line with costs--well done with no hovering. We had great expectations but will take our expectations down the road in the future.
- Love The BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014Husband and I came for Sunday brunch. It was fabulous! The house-made pastries along with French press coffee were wonderful. We dined indoors that morning, but their outdoor patio is lovely! We had a dish that was a galette with duck confit l'orange and it was to die for. We are already making plans to return. It was so good, it should be a part of every weekend!!! Service here is always superb, and the ambiance is just perfect. We have brought guests here for dinner in the past and that was excellent as well. It's one of our favorites in downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentGoodfoodloverDined on 7/6/2014We've done brunch a number of times out in the courtyard. The food, ambiance, and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Once AgainCharleyDined on 7/6/2014We live in Estes Park and try to catch a meal at Bistro Vendome when ever in Denver for an event. Have never been disappointed. It is like dining in Paris without the air travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticsealcovebeachDined on 7/5/2014This place was superb. The wait staff was exceptional and the meal was excellent. This is a must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soLaneDined on 7/5/2014Had high hopes for this restaurant. While the service was very good, the food was mediocre at best. The mussels we had as an appetizer were the best part of the meal. The trout was tasty but overcooked, the lamb dish was good but completely forgettable. Our table was right next to the server's station where dishes were constantly being tossed into bins. Difficult to have a conversation and very, very warm inside the restaurant. There are many better dining options in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was decentbritDined on 7/5/2014The service was great, minus not being seated right away for our reservation (which is always kind of annoying when you can only pay for 2 hrs at a meter downtown). We read great reviews on the food, and really I was craving mussels, so that is a big reason we went. The mussels were decent, nothing outstanding. I ordered the lamb, which was an extremely small portion for what I was expecting, and had bland peas included. Nothing special. My boyfriends steak was more like rare than medium rare. Wasn't terrible, but certainly wasn't anything great. Probably wouldn't dine again since there are so many great places in Denver.Special Features:
- Mostly Hits, Minor MissesGeorgieDined on 7/5/2014First time at Bistro Vendome and an overall positive experience. Inside evoked a French bistro feel and the outdoor garden/terrace dining area looked really lovely. Tables inside maybe a tad too close together. Service was good but we did have to wait awhile for our server to first appear. Now for the food...Hits: mussels appetizer (great flavorful broth), trout entree (perfectly cooked fish & veg, spectacular sauce), halibut entree (again, fish cooked perfectly), chocolate mousse gateaux (great flavors & presentation; not overly rich). Misses: overly salted butter to accompany bread; halibut prepared en papillote and after removing from the plastic (not paper), you were left with a messy piece of plastic to deal with. Verdict: I'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of France in DenverfoodyumDined on 7/5/2014We went to Bistro Vendome on a Saturday night. We sat outside, and the patio was very charming. Having vacationed in France for months at a time, yearly for several years now, this has the lovely feel of a Paris cafe. Food was very good; main course of duck confit was good but could have been better. Overall, an excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand DiningFoodieQDined on 7/4/2014Beautiful experience, wonderful food, excellent service, classical architecture, lovely ambience, will definitely go again. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorsCharlieQ73Dined on 7/4/2014We have been to Bistro Vendome many times - it was nice to have it open for the 4th of July. We go to enjoy all of the flavors as we experienced a myriad of tastes from each part of the meal. Starting with the great bread with a little salted butter, the unbelievable Crepe Vendome, and into the mail courses. Although they have great desserts, use wanted to just finish our White Bordeaux and walk out with the memory on our palate of all those flavors.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hemingway's kind of place22fastDined on 7/4/2014I lived in Paris as a young man, and appreciate the Parisian culture that often escapes the touristes, that is the bistro life. While the Brits and Americans were elbowing their way into the temples of haute cuisine, the rest of us were eating cassoulet, duck confit and other homey French fare. This place is just like that. "The waiter made a show of bringing out the Absinthe, first with the coupe with the slotted spoon, then the sugar cube. His crisp, clean movements matched his freshly starched uniform..." From the stenciled glass to the unusual wine list to the friendly, yet unobtrusive service, this place nails it again and again and again. And the music? Spot on.Special Features:
- Fantastic!netteDined on 7/3/2014The food and ambiance were amazing. Went with a friend and sat outside on their patio after a long day of work. It's great that the outdoor seating is set away from the street, so you don't have people ogling over your conversation or food choice. The service waned a bit, and was a little off pace during our dinner, but nothing to really complain about. I had the Escargot and Duck Confit, both of which were terrific paired with my wine. My friend had the Tuna Nicoise salad and Beef Tartare - she found them to be excellent. Would definitely come here again!Special Features:
- Charming!MTKandGZVIPDined on 7/3/2014We were delighted to have selected Bistro Vendome during a recent trip to Denver. The food was excellent; the atmosphere (we ate outside in the courtyard) absolutely charming and our server (Jason) just excellent. thank you for helping to make our trip so lovely!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Nighttable4twoDined on 7/2/2014Bistro Vendome was a perfect restaurant for a date night for my boyfriend and I. We easily made a reservation with OpenTable and Bistro Vendome was nice enough to push our reservation back 15 minutes when I wasn't quite ready to leave the house.... The wait staff was friendly, helpful and attentive, and the food and wine selection was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentGuidoVIPDined on 6/30/2014Have eaten here many times. The food and service is consistently outstanding. Ask for patio seating on a nice summers night, very relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful locationMCDinerDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I wanted an outside seating experience downtown. In that regard, the location and venue was amazing. The Mussels appetizer was very good, but the main entrees were average--braised tuna salad for me, steamed halibut for her. The staff seemed indifferent and did little to make us feel welcome or glad we came.Special Features:
- ZigiDined on 6/28/2014My Wife's Duckleg was very try and at least twice cocked. My leg of Lamb was cocked OK but was cold by the time it was served.
- DeliciousanonDined on 6/27/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Bistro Vendome. It is a sweet little restaurant with lots of character and the french fare was delicious. My only advice would be if you are having a romantic dinner or prefer a quiet meal to ask to be seated outside. The atmosphere inside is much louder and more energetic which of itself is a great atmosphere, depending on what you are looking for. The wait staff were also very attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- MagnifiqueruprechtDined on 6/27/2014Bistro Vendome was the perfect setting for our 33rd anniversary dinner. Outside dining was quiet, romantic and full of culinary delights. Service was impeccable, exactly as in any restaurant in France. A quaint dining experience, will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulfoodie2Dined on 6/27/2014As always a memorable evening. My duck was perfectly cooked, tender and flavorful. Only "complaint" was that they sat us right next to the water glass station. Kinda weird to have that in the main dining area. We didn't bother to ask for another table but there were several tables open so not sure why they chose to sit us at the least desirable spot before filling up the many other empty tables. Hope that was just because the entire restaurant was filled with priority reservations....but again can't really complain because we didn't ask to be reseated but if other tables were open then shame on them for making us have to speak up and change tables which is sometimes embarrassing to do. In any case this is still a foodie's paradise....Special Features:
- oberpinzgauDined on 6/26/2014Excellent food and a menu with high quality choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedRLCIIIDined on 6/23/2014This restaurant is set apart both literally and figuratively, located on a popular restaurant row, but for some reason not joining the street side of its counterparts but instead using a side patio entrance. The menu was varied, and the selections did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night...TrishWS13VIPDined on 6/22/2014We were asked to make dinner reservations to celebrate a friend's homecoming. It was a bit intimidating because her guest was a well-known fixture in the Denver restaurant scene. We chose BV because we knew we could depend on it for great food, great atmosphere, and great service; without fussiness or pretention. We were not let down! Mussels, steak tartare, and nicoise salad were delicious. My husband & I shared an entree that the kitchen thoughtfully divided on to two plates without us asking. Curiously, our waiter needed several prompts to tell us about the Sunday night specials, rather than offering the information before we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oasis in the Middle of the CityStrawberryblondeDined on 6/22/2014Bistro Vendrome is the perfect place for brunch! Protip: Get one of the earliest morning reservations for brunch and ask to sit outside in the courtyard. We will absolutely go back for another round of good food in a relaxing atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful FindfrazierandrozDined on 6/21/2014My husband chose this restaurant from a review in a guidebook. The review did not do the establishment justice. We had a delightful dining experience. The service was attentive without being overbearing. The Vouvray wine was excellent. The lamb and trout melted in your mouth. The vegetables were cooked to perfection - tender and crisp. We started our meal with the mussels in a garlic wine sauce. There was a generous amount of mussels and the broth was absolutely delicious. The prices were very reasonable. This bistro is one of the best that I have eaten outside of France. We will definitely return when we are in Denver again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First AnniversaryTheLoversDined on 6/20/2014We were absolutely delighted and pleased at our dinner there. We have been looking for the one place to call ours for special events and THIS IS IT! Our server was to die for and very personable. Our food was outstanding and couldn’t ask for better. Both of us would like to personally thank the staff there for our cards and champagne. It was the cherry to top the evening. Thank you for being a part of our special occasion.Special Features: