1420 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrovendome.com/
- Phone: 3038253232
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Jasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro Vendome
Bistro Vendome, designed to evoke the look and feel of a long-established, family-owned bistro plucked from a Parisian street corner, features a carefully crafted menu that contains a wealth of French flavors served in a comfortable and charming environment. Brought to you by the owners of nearby Rioja, Bistro Vendome is based a foundation of classical French with a lighter and more contemporary influence. This heartwarming bistro fare pairs well with the full service bar with more than 65 selections of French wine representing all regions of France. Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere guarantees a unique and authentic French dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Vendome - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Bistro Vendome reviews from OpenTable diners
368 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (243)special occasion (231)romantic (230)fit for foodies (202)neighborhood gem (113)great for brunch (105)notable wine list (104)great for lunch (35)scenic view (32)good for groups (31)hot spot (29)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- First night in DenverdocjohnDined on 8/21/2014Great first night in Denver!!!asked the Monico hotel for a recommendation for dinner!! They said Bistro Vendome and were glad they did !!!Everything was FANTASTIC !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word: Blissd0ublethinkDined on 8/21/2014You really just can't find a better patio. It feels like you have been transplanted to the French quarter. You will quickly forget that you are only a few meters from the bustling streets of Larimer square. The menu was fantastic, changing seasonally but still showcasing the same quality and creativity as my prior visit. The service was excellent. Our server sensed that we wanted a lot of time to relax and find a really nice bottle of wine, and the general manager ended up presenting us with a selection of off-list "hand sell" bottles. WHAT? Talk about going above and beyond! Good variety of very hard-to-find French wine. A truly unique and very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Vendome was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The food, setting and service were simply perfect. Clearly there's passion here. Nothing this excellent and graceful happens without considerable effort. Bistro Vendome lived up to our friends' extravagant raves.Special Features:
- Great Food - Great CharacterDanielleDined on 8/19/2014The food is amazing, the staff was great. When you are in the restaurant you feel very much like you have been transported to a charming place in France. It is popular, when we were seated at 8:15 on a Tuesday it was packed - as such the noise level was very high. Everyone loved their meals.Special Features:
- c'est magnifiquePHilDined on 8/17/2014I surprised my girlfriend this past Sunday by asking her to be my wife. She already knew we had plans to come to BV but had no idea it would be to celebrate our engagement. From the service, to the free champagne, to the food, to the ambiance on the patio under the light wrapped trees, it was truly magnificent. One of our favorite restaurants in Denver, if you haven't been, go, and if you have, get back asap.Special Features:
- Parts were really goodAngieTDined on 8/17/2014We came for my sister's and brother-in-laws 30th anniversary. 4 out of 6 of us really loved our meals. I loved the trout. My husbands steak was really tough, though the fries were good. My sister did not love the escargot. The waitress was very dour, though the service was good, including free celebratory champagne and dessert for the anniversary couple. Love the atmosphere of the restaurant. Great patio. I will go back.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchcorkdorkDined on 8/16/2014All four people had great food. The service was very slow. The check was mixed up with another table. this is the second time we have dined at this restaurant and the service was exceptional before. I must have been an off day for the service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialboomDined on 8/16/2014Vendome is wonderful. So glad they offer weekend brunch, because it's a great place to be in daylight…bright and fresh.Special Features:
- RobJDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding service and uniquely delicious brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchiesnumber1placeDined on 8/15/2014I entertained some friends from Houston. We all enjoyed the service, food, price and ambience This is not the first time I visited your place. I always enjoy the location, except parking but I know you can't do anything about it. I will continue taking my friends to your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuanDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is a great little restaurant. The food is always tasty and the presentation is always good. Just wish I lived closer to it! But, then, it would not be a "treat" to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Incredibly delicious French cuisine, excellent service, romantic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!FoodieFanVIPDined on 8/13/2014It was my first time dining at Bistro Vendome and I look forward to returning there many times. In my open table reservation, I mentioned that it was my youngest daughter's birthday and they presented her with creme brûlée and a candle for a complimentary birthday dessert! But to go back to the start, the appetizers were exceptionally good - we all shared the crepe Vendome and the mussels. My daughter and i shared the Steak Frittes and Halibut - both cooked to perfection and delicious. The ambiance is beautiful- we sat indoors but the next time we dine at Bistro Vendome, I would like to dine on the patio. Great service as well- our server was good-natured and knowledgeable with prompt and caring service. Overall, all I can say is, "Wow!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencelandbDined on 8/13/2014They offered great service. When we walked in they had our request for a outdoor table. The courtyard is very pleasant and the noise level is very low. Food was great. Special appetizer was outstanding. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French in Downtown Denver!rellenoDined on 8/13/2014We found this by accident while we were walking by and saw the outdoor tree lights and noticed every table was full! We made reservations for the next evening on the patio. From the time we arrived to the time we left it was special. Service, food and atmosphere was superb. It is the Best French Restaurants in the U.S. by Travel and Leisure 2013. So when you see tree lights, check it out you might find something special!Special Features:
- one of the best foods ive ever atebeachboy0810Dined on 8/10/2014I had one of the best tasting salmons I've tasted in my entire life. It was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden BrunchMtnWriterDined on 8/10/2014We've been to Bistro Vendome for dinner several times and one weekend, after spending night at the Hotel Teatro we walked over in the cool of a summer Sunday morning. The outdoor patio is perfection, hidden behind brick ways, just off Larimer Square but miles from the noise of downtown. I just had croissants and bacon. But really there is nothing "just" about croissants and jam and bacon and good company and a summer morning. This is how you wish every Sunday morning would play out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but could have been greatSirHopsMoreDined on 8/9/2014We were running a little late so I called at 6:45 to let the hostess know that we would be 10 minutes late to our 6:45 reservation. She replied with they have a strict 15 minute policy, if we weren't there by 7 we would lose our table. I found this a little odd but but we rushed and decided to valet the car so we could save that last 5 minutes. When we arrived (6:55) we were immediately seated however half of their 4 tops were completely open, in fact there were still open 4 tops most of the night. No big deal, I just was a little annoyed that she made such a stink about giving away our table. Since I'm running out of space; we had horribly slow service all night and saw multiple table turn over 2 times while we were there.
- ChefshawnDined on 8/9/2014I went for brunch with five other people, we had a fantastic meal. Good food, good booze, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French BlissDidiKVIPDined on 8/8/2014We keep going back here for our anniversary and other special occasions. The food is French inspired and sublime. Service might not be swift but is friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The BV has always been one of our favorite places and this time around, it did not disappoint. was wonderful for all of us. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in LODOgastronomeDined on 8/7/2014Step out of the activity of LODO into the serenity of a French country bistro. Excellent menu, entrees prepared to perfection, with incredibly knowledgeable, attentive, pleasant wait staff. Weather permitting, request courtyard seating. A French gem in the heart of LODO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for summer brunchJanet585VIPDined on 8/3/2014This is a lovely, charming restaurant decorated with French style furniture. The food is very, very good and the coffee comes in a French Press, as you would expect. We had quiche, the waffle with Nutella cream (very good!), croque Madame ( highly recommended) and the pulled pork Benedict. The last was good but so rich that my swimmer son could only eat half! The service was really good, attentive without being intrusive. A great brunch, and best of all, they take reservations, so no waiting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014From A to Z-- a perfect setting, food, staff and location--a 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningnoneDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed an excellent dinner with our friends on the beautiful, quiet outdoors patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for my WifedfinjrDined on 8/2/2014Took my wife to Bistro Vendome for her birthday, the staff was wonderful, gave great recommendations, super friendly and engaged. They even gave her a birthday card, bought her dessert, and even brought a plate out with a lit candle with one of the staff holding a cup over the lit candle to keep the flame going in the wind so she could blow it out. Food was amazing, tried a few things we had never had before and loved it all. Choose to go here and you will not regret it. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually the bestLoveUDenverDined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately, my order came out wrong. Then had I wait the same amount of time as my first order, and when it arrived it arrived without the side dish. I finally got the attention of the waiter and he said he would bring out the side. The side dish never arrived. We asked for the side to be taken off our bill and the whole entre was taken off the bill. I appreciate the gesture, but the waiter seemed a bit arrogant and uninterested in getting the order right. This is a first for me at Bistro Vendome. Usually, BV is a five star!Special Features:
- Not very interesting.HugoDined on 8/1/2014Food was ok, nothing was that enjoyable. I am not a professional writer nor reviewer but this was a very meh experience. Outside of the name, I didn't know that I was sitting in a French restaurant. The service staff was also ok, someone definitely attempted to train them for fine dining but they didn't quite finished the job. Overall, just an ok restaurant in a beautiful setting.
- MV1234Dined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed it! :) By far the most amazing food I've had in Denver. Great variety. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but worth every penny! We went for a birthday celebration and enjoyed every second of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Good food and good wine recommendation. Food was delicious, but the menu was fairly limited.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Bistro Vendome is tucked away off the street and so has a special secret feel about it. Service and food (particularly the escargot) were outstanding.Special Features:
- Authentic Parisian diningMillyDined on 7/27/2014Fantastic atmosphere and delicious food!! Server was very knowledgable, friendly and apt in making excellent wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014Overall nice meal.drinks were a little slow coming to the table. The waitress could have been a little friendlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous experience.BreadmanDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went here for our 12th anniversary. The food and service were outstanding. It is a beautiful and romantic setting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to meColoradolaurelVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have often enjoyed brunch at this little gem but ths was our first dinner here. My trout was superb - moist and completely deboned. My date enjoyed his roast chicken. Our fancy almond dessert was delicious. Unfortunately the weather did not allow for patio dining, which would have been our preference. Oh well, this gives us another reason to return. As for parking, on the weekend take advantage of the $8 valet. We parked in the garage on from Market Street which cost $20!Special Features:
- Brunch review: PROS & CONSSaraDined on 7/26/2014Needs some tweaking. Waiters need to be aware if patrons have everything they need to eat, like knives, just a quick check back to the table would have eliminated some of our frustration with the service. It was hard to flag someone down to bring us additional items. Croissants, pastries and braised pork benedict all delicious. Not so palatable was the gallette / duck confit dish. The potato was overcooked (very dark brown, almost burnt), I'm not sure if it is always served this way or if this was a mistake, and the combination of flavors just didn't work. Perhaps an egg on top? Or Hollandaise instead of creme fraiche? We'll be back though, has a very charming appeal, and those pastries are to die for!Special Features:
- Perfect SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Pretending to be brunching at a cafe in Paris was easy at a courtyard table. I have been passing through this courtyard since the 80's. It is wonderful that it is finally being using it to the full advantage with the Saturday market.Special Features:
- A great place for brunchjrichardDined on 7/26/2014We made a reservation here to end our anniversary weekend and are so glad we did. The food was delicious and the service was great. We ate out on the patio and it was the cutest little area. It reminded my wife of when she was in France. It was the perfect way to end our celebration. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great Date Night PlaceFoodie25Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. The patio is very romantic and quiet. It is tucked back in an arcade which makes it feel secluded right in the middle of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I wanted a place not busy or touristy to take a dear friend who was visiting from out of town. Our evening went perfectly! We went back for brunch the next day and had waffles and bacon...Great food!!Special Features: