1420 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrovendome.com/
- Phone: 3038253232
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Saturday-Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm Dinner Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Jasinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bistro Vendome
Bistro Vendome, designed to evoke the look and feel of a long-established, family-owned bistro plucked from a Parisian street corner, features a carefully crafted menu that contains a wealth of French flavors served in a comfortable and charming environment. Brought to you by the owners of nearby Rioja, Bistro Vendome is based a foundation of classical French with a lighter and more contemporary influence. This heartwarming bistro fare pairs well with the full service bar with more than 65 selections of French wine representing all regions of France. Every detail of the food, service and atmosphere guarantees a unique and authentic French dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bistro Vendome - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Bistro Vendome reviews from OpenTable diners
371 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (249)special occasion (237)romantic (235)fit for foodies (202)neighborhood gem (121)notable wine list (110)great for brunch (102)great for lunch (33)good for groups (31)hot spot (28)scenic view (28)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014We had a lovely dinner celebrating two birthdays. The staff were helpful in dealing with food allergy issues and attentive in all aspects of service. Our outdoor table was quiet and pleasant. This is a gem of a restaurant that we have made one of our go-to places for special events.Special Features:
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/27/2014This is the fourth visit we have made to this restaurant and it has been wonderful everytime! The salads are fresh and delicious, entrees from fish to pasta were cooked to perfection. Portion size is right on and the French press coffee a perfect ending. The service was friendly, professional and timely without making us feel rushed. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but service not so greatnomorebutterforyouDined on 8/26/2014We had dinner here during restaurant week, hostesses, managers were very friendly. We asked the waitress for extra butter, she refused To get for us and said theres enough on the table. Love this place. Great food. Just hopefully a different waitress next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BistroJohnM02Dined on 8/26/2014Wonderful dinner during Denver's restuarant week! Unique and well prepared dishes served and presented properly! We both loved it and will be returning to sample some additional dishes. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go.bbri141155Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 19th anniversary here. Awesome food and the service was great. We will for sure be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service could use workjw713Dined on 8/25/2014We went for restaurant week & while the food was excellent, the service wasn't great. I had read online where people said they serve bread in a bag there. Our entrees were brought out & we still hadn't been served bread, and we noticed it on the other tables. So I asked and they brought us some. It wasn't even that busy as we ate at 9pm at night. Loved the crepes for an appetizer--absolutely amazing--and the rest of the food was very good too. Overall would recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Bistro Vendome was the prefect location for a date night with my husband. The service was excellent and the food was exceptional. Our reserved table was waiting for us when we arrived. Our overall experience was 5 Star!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2014Second time dining here-- d'lish food, beautiful dining room! Felt I was in Paris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Wait StaffTheLettuceSnobDined on 8/25/2014Meal and service was great. The temperature of the restaurant was a bit cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tremendous servicemidnightblueDined on 8/25/2014we visited Bistro Vendome for the third time during restaurant week - and it was our best experience yet at the Bistro. Our server was well-informed on the menu and assisted us in our choices and then suggested wines for our dishes including our preferences. Our appetizers were excellent as was my Duck entree, yet my girlfriend's entree, though well-prepared, didn't meet her expectations. Our server, sensing her disappointment, may have notified the manager who visited and recommended a new entree, their popular trout dish, which was superb and very much appreciated. We understand that this was entirely unnecessary, yet we value the manager, the server, and the restaurant for making this a memorable outing for us. Thank you for caring.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Great location and wonderful ambience! The service is outstanding and the food so delicious! Bistro Vendome delivers again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful All Around!NewFoodieDined on 8/23/2014I stopped by during Denver Restaurant Week with a date and had the most amazing experience. There were plenty of options on the menu to choose from and each dish was perfect in its own way. Great flavors and fresh ingredients! The portions were perfect; I left feeling comfortably full and happy with the overall service, ambiance, and food.Special Features:
- Always amazingShugazerDined on 8/23/2014This is a place you go when you have time to enjoy the meal and the experience of dining. The two times I have been there a meal takes about 2 hours. With a bottle of wine and such great food the time flies by. Just buyer beware, if you have tickets for a show after dinner plan accordingly, it is worth it.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FallBreakinDisneyDined on 8/23/2014Every time I visit one of Jen Jasinski's restaurants, and I mean EVERY time, I walk away thinking how fortunate I was to have the experience. The food is absolutely exquisite and delicious. We sat outside on the patio on a lovely August night and I felt like we were transported on vacation because of the pace, ambience and fabulous meal. Thank you Chef Jasinski (and partner Beth) for providing Denver world class dining options.Special Features:
- Attention to DetailDivaDined on 8/23/2014The food is stellar, served beautifully, and the service is impeccable. Never waited to have our waters refilled but didn't feel like we were being hovered over. Highly recommend reservations for brunch on a weekend, the relatively small dining area will fill up. Already planning my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Celebration DinnerColoradoGalDined on 8/22/2014I had dinner here on 8.22.14 with 5 friends to celebrate the 10th anniversary of my dear friend giving me one of her kidneys. The food was amazing and the service was great! We had a wonderful and memorable dinner for our celebration.Special Features:
- First night in DenverdocjohnDined on 8/21/2014Great first night in Denver!!!asked the Monico hotel for a recommendation for dinner!! They said Bistro Vendome and were glad they did !!!Everything was FANTASTIC !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word: Blissd0ublethinkDined on 8/21/2014You really just can't find a better patio. It feels like you have been transplanted to the French quarter. You will quickly forget that you are only a few meters from the bustling streets of Larimer square. The menu was fantastic, changing seasonally but still showcasing the same quality and creativity as my prior visit. The service was excellent. Our server sensed that we wanted a lot of time to relax and find a really nice bottle of wine, and the general manager ended up presenting us with a selection of off-list "hand sell" bottles. WHAT? Talk about going above and beyond! Good variety of very hard-to-find French wine. A truly unique and very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Vendome was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The food, setting and service were simply perfect. Clearly there's passion here. Nothing this excellent and graceful happens without considerable effort. Bistro Vendome lived up to our friends' extravagant raves.Special Features:
- Great Food - Great CharacterDanielleDined on 8/19/2014The food is amazing, the staff was great. When you are in the restaurant you feel very much like you have been transported to a charming place in France. It is popular, when we were seated at 8:15 on a Tuesday it was packed - as such the noise level was very high. Everyone loved their meals.Special Features:
- c'est magnifiquePHilDined on 8/17/2014I surprised my girlfriend this past Sunday by asking her to be my wife. She already knew we had plans to come to BV but had no idea it would be to celebrate our engagement. From the service, to the free champagne, to the food, to the ambiance on the patio under the light wrapped trees, it was truly magnificent. One of our favorite restaurants in Denver, if you haven't been, go, and if you have, get back asap.Special Features:
- Parts were really goodAngieTDined on 8/17/2014We came for my sister's and brother-in-laws 30th anniversary. 4 out of 6 of us really loved our meals. I loved the trout. My husbands steak was really tough, though the fries were good. My sister did not love the escargot. The waitress was very dour, though the service was good, including free celebratory champagne and dessert for the anniversary couple. Love the atmosphere of the restaurant. Great patio. I will go back.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchcorkdorkDined on 8/16/2014All four people had great food. The service was very slow. The check was mixed up with another table. this is the second time we have dined at this restaurant and the service was exceptional before. I must have been an off day for the service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialboomDined on 8/16/2014Vendome is wonderful. So glad they offer weekend brunch, because it's a great place to be in daylight…bright and fresh.Special Features:
- RobJDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding service and uniquely delicious brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchiesnumber1placeDined on 8/15/2014I entertained some friends from Houston. We all enjoyed the service, food, price and ambience This is not the first time I visited your place. I always enjoy the location, except parking but I know you can't do anything about it. I will continue taking my friends to your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuanDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is a great little restaurant. The food is always tasty and the presentation is always good. Just wish I lived closer to it! But, then, it would not be a "treat" to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Incredibly delicious French cuisine, excellent service, romantic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!FoodieFanVIPDined on 8/13/2014It was my first time dining at Bistro Vendome and I look forward to returning there many times. In my open table reservation, I mentioned that it was my youngest daughter's birthday and they presented her with creme brûlée and a candle for a complimentary birthday dessert! But to go back to the start, the appetizers were exceptionally good - we all shared the crepe Vendome and the mussels. My daughter and i shared the Steak Frittes and Halibut - both cooked to perfection and delicious. The ambiance is beautiful- we sat indoors but the next time we dine at Bistro Vendome, I would like to dine on the patio. Great service as well- our server was good-natured and knowledgeable with prompt and caring service. Overall, all I can say is, "Wow!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencelandbDined on 8/13/2014They offered great service. When we walked in they had our request for a outdoor table. The courtyard is very pleasant and the noise level is very low. Food was great. Special appetizer was outstanding. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French in Downtown Denver!rellenoDined on 8/13/2014We found this by accident while we were walking by and saw the outdoor tree lights and noticed every table was full! We made reservations for the next evening on the patio. From the time we arrived to the time we left it was special. Service, food and atmosphere was superb. It is the Best French Restaurants in the U.S. by Travel and Leisure 2013. So when you see tree lights, check it out you might find something special!Special Features:
- one of the best foods ive ever atebeachboy0810Dined on 8/10/2014I had one of the best tasting salmons I've tasted in my entire life. It was perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden BrunchMtnWriterDined on 8/10/2014We've been to Bistro Vendome for dinner several times and one weekend, after spending night at the Hotel Teatro we walked over in the cool of a summer Sunday morning. The outdoor patio is perfection, hidden behind brick ways, just off Larimer Square but miles from the noise of downtown. I just had croissants and bacon. But really there is nothing "just" about croissants and jam and bacon and good company and a summer morning. This is how you wish every Sunday morning would play out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but could have been greatSirHopsMoreDined on 8/9/2014We were running a little late so I called at 6:45 to let the hostess know that we would be 10 minutes late to our 6:45 reservation. She replied with they have a strict 15 minute policy, if we weren't there by 7 we would lose our table. I found this a little odd but but we rushed and decided to valet the car so we could save that last 5 minutes. When we arrived (6:55) we were immediately seated however half of their 4 tops were completely open, in fact there were still open 4 tops most of the night. No big deal, I just was a little annoyed that she made such a stink about giving away our table. Since I'm running out of space; we had horribly slow service all night and saw multiple table turn over 2 times while we were there.
- ChefshawnDined on 8/9/2014I went for brunch with five other people, we had a fantastic meal. Good food, good booze, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French BlissDidiKVIPDined on 8/8/2014We keep going back here for our anniversary and other special occasions. The food is French inspired and sublime. Service might not be swift but is friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The BV has always been one of our favorite places and this time around, it did not disappoint. was wonderful for all of us. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France in LODOgastronomeDined on 8/7/2014Step out of the activity of LODO into the serenity of a French country bistro. Excellent menu, entrees prepared to perfection, with incredibly knowledgeable, attentive, pleasant wait staff. Weather permitting, request courtyard seating. A French gem in the heart of LODO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for summer brunchJanet585VIPDined on 8/3/2014This is a lovely, charming restaurant decorated with French style furniture. The food is very, very good and the coffee comes in a French Press, as you would expect. We had quiche, the waffle with Nutella cream (very good!), croque Madame ( highly recommended) and the pulled pork Benedict. The last was good but so rich that my swimmer son could only eat half! The service was really good, attentive without being intrusive. A great brunch, and best of all, they take reservations, so no waiting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014From A to Z-- a perfect setting, food, staff and location--a 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.