4040 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, FL 32837Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.primograndelakes.com/
- Phone: 4073934444x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner daily 6-10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Melissa Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Primo can accommodate up to 45 guests with a pre-selected menu in a enclosed and private area. Wine parings are optional. Minimum $1,800 per party.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Overdorf 4073934683x
A word from Primo
Primo specializes in Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, an outstanding wine list and exceptional service. The restaurant features on-site organic gardens. Located at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes with a captivating view of a tropical paradise and Greg Norman designed golf course, you will enjoy the Primo experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Primo reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)fit for foodies (27)romantic (25)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- dinner was different and very2cozyDined on 10/4/2013dinner was different and very tasty---servers were very friendly and attentive---we so enjoyed our "fresh homemade zeppoles" for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive & Very disappointingJLTKDined on 10/3/2013Hostess was not at all friendly, she was very aloof and not welcoming. Chicken Milanese was good, veal meatballs were dry and overcooked, pan seared scallops awful: they were anemic, rubbery and devoid of any seasoning. The potato crab stuffed cabbage were two minuet mushy balls of raw cabbage filled with lukewarm fishy flavored potato puree and the vegetables were so raw that when cut with a knife launched into flight. The untouched mess sat in front of me for 30 minutes before we saw our server again, no one ever asked why we had eaten a bit of the food. Dessert was not a option at this point. $358.00 for 2, outrageous ! Chef Kelly should be paying better attention to her restaurants. She is better than this....I thought !
- Entrees had no popterrydeebVIPDined on 10/3/2013This was perhaps my 5th visit to this very appealing space. We had a party of 5 and shared some wonderful appetizers and pastas. The entrees were just so so. The Halibut was very overcooked. The lamb was the best entree, cooked perfectly. The duck was cooked properly, but did not have much flavor. The signature pork saltimbocca was overcooked and tough. I realize this is a chef family recipe, but it would be better with veal. The service was extremely slow and the server was non-attentive. This was definitely my worst visit to this restaurant. It did not leave me anxious to return.
- Primo is Prime!GinnyDined on 10/1/2013Our dining experience at Primo in Orlando, Florida was unparalleled. We felt relaxed and pampered. The food was amazing from start to finish and we will definitely choose Primo again when we're in the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant & ExcellentNorthbrookGuyDined on 9/30/2013I was at the Marriott Grand lakes for 5 days and I had the opportunity to eat at Primo's 3 times !! Each visit was Outstanding with the food and service being the best in the Orlando area in my experience. I make it a point to dine at Primo's every time that I get the opportunity to visit Orlando !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved PrimoFinerestaurants2Dined on 9/21/2013Food was excellent. Atmosphere very nice and service was very good. Will not miss Primo any time I'm in Orlando.Special Features:
- Loved it!NH656123Dined on 9/20/2013Primo was great! I will definitely be going back next time I am in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised meJim007Dined on 9/14/2013The attention to details surprised and delighted me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!MemaDined on 9/7/2013Great food- wine and service. Primo is only 15 minutes from home and a favorite place to celebrate an important event or a special place to meet friends. We love it please don't change a thing --- except to make it easier to book a reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2013The menu changes seasonally and is always fresh. Pasta is made daily in house and you can tell. Desserts are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2013Loredona was our server, and it's obvious that attentive but unobtrusive service is the watchword at Primo. Reasonable corkage fees also a huge plus. The chef is the expediter, assuring quality and presentation of all plates leaving the kitchen. Breads are superb, with an unusual French olive oil made from black olives! Don't miss the veal shank ravioli if on the menu... the brown butter sauce is to die for! House specialty is the pork saltimboca with high grade pork scallopine. We were so full we passed on dessert, but the choices looked great. Though we're not local, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okPATTPDined on 8/24/2013This is an expensive night out with good food, however, not worth the high price. The drinks were very overpriced. I have no problem spending money on amazing food, however, I will not be going back for the overly high check.Special Features:
- Always great . We live inDukeDined on 8/16/2013Always great . We live in South Florida bit ALWAYS go to Primo when in Orlando Never disappoints. Have eaten in Melissa Kelly's restaurant since she ran Old Chatham Sheepherding Inn and we lived in Albany, NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2013Sorry to say we were disappointed in both the food and the service this time around. We returned to Primo to celebrate our Anniversary, after have a great dining experience previously.
- wonderful dinneroviedofoodieDined on 8/8/2013we had a terrific dinner at Primo. The food was excellent as was the service. My only complaint is that the restaurant was quite warm - uncomfortably so. We were offered another table, but I thought that the restaurant would cool down as the meal progressed, unfortunately, it did not. Avoid the tables on the level of the open kitchen. The view is nice, but the temperature is not. As we exited the restaurant and walked through other dining areas, the temperature was considerably cooler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent italianJjbruDined on 7/27/2013Excellent dessert, service splendid, and we were with a tired young child. Food just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The organic garden restauranFlower5Dined on 7/27/2013Very good , had a chance to look at the organic garden , food was delicious will recommend & go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent flavorsPamelaDined on 7/27/2013Our table was ready at our reservation time, cozy booth & lovely atmosphere. Wait staff was very attentive and knowledgable. Food is very creative, exceptional flavors and well presented. A birthday was quietly noted but not in an embarrassing manner. Definetly would come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grande LakesLove2eatDined on 7/19/2013If your staying in either hotel in Orlando, Grande Lakes, Primo is a casual spot that serves great food, in a great atmosphere. Our server this evening was a little out of touch , but the runners were very energetic and attentive. After a day at the pool, Primo was a excellent way to end our day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, but overpricedRachelDined on 7/5/2013I was introduced to Primo when they had a tent at the downtown Food & Wine event. They wowed me with their Zeppoli's (doughnuts), so I was eager to try their full menu. I ordered the soup of the day which was a delicious garlic soup. After enjoying my appetizer, I had high expectations of my entrée. I ordered the Pan Roasted Florida Grouper, but had the sides that comes with the Monkfish. I also ordered a side of broccoli. The grouper was cooked perfectly, but the side dishes were underwhelming, sparse, and greasy. In addition, the broccoli was greasy, and it looked like it was sitting in a pool of popcorn butter. I was not impressed, especially since the price didn't match the quality of the food. I won't dine at Primo again.Special Features:
- Lobster-------Pieces of Lobsteralkay99Dined on 6/26/2013The "whole Maine lobster" was served in pieces in a large bowl, lukewarm, and not as pictured in the ads. Asked for melted butter, also was served lukewarm, and the worst melted butter I ever tasted. The martini's were good, but small. For $16.00 per drink, I expect a larger size. We will not be going back there. The valet "captain" came charging at us because we came outside and my wife was holding a cigarette, not yet lit. He was shouting at us and directing us to the smoking section, which was quite a walk back to the direction we came from. (There is no signage for the smoking section). I instructed said "captain" to get our car and not worry about people smoking outside, especially on such a breezy day.Special Features:
- What an experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013From the first foot into this restaurant until the minute you leave the attention to detail is incredible. We have dined previously at Primo on several occasions however this past trip to Orlando we had the pleasure of dining in the restaurant twice. It was such a memorable meal on the Saturday evening that we reserved the same table on the Monday evening as well... There are so many great items on their menu to mention however they offered a special of Blue Fin Tuna served rare on the Saturday night which was unbelievable and executed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013We were really looking foward to dinner here after reading the reviews and we were staying at the JW Marriott with many choices for meals here and the Ritz Carlton. Service was great but both our entrees were served cold/luke warm. We had pizza for an appetizier and it was hot and tasty. We should have sent our entrees back but it was late and we were tired and just wanted to leave. For what we paid, we were disappointed. Also, we were seated in a side room with little ambience. We would have preferred sitting in the main area so we aware of this.
- Food was very good--SIgnatureRobertGDined on 6/8/2013Food was very good--SIgnature dish is a pork saltimbaca and was excellent. Lobster entree was also excellent. Had the oyster 2 way appetizer and this was good but not great for $17. In addition, 3 of us ordered this and mine was "forgotten" and took an additonal 10-15 minutes to bring out with the only comment that "yours will be out in a minute" and it took alot longer. It would have been more appropriate to just admit what had happened. The anitpasto appetizer was great and beautifully presented. Chocolate cake dessert was also very good. Coffee was very weak and not served very hot. All in all it was very good and this was my second visit to this restaurant. It is a good place to meet people stayin at the JW Marriott when visiting Orl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thing I'd changeDiannDined on 6/3/2013I've been wanting to go to Primos for a while, so I was able to convince my husband to go on our 24th anniversary. It was a great experience. I was a little disappointed because the menu had changed from what I saw online and wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted, but what I got was fabulous. However, I thought the dessert (which I don't usually get) was very disappointing. It was three crepes that seemed mostly heavy and a bit tough with very little filling or yummy stuff on top. At least they thoughtfully wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plate. Otherwise, a great experience. The service was AWESOME.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/26/2013Primo was a surprising treat. Amazing food and service. From the fresh baked bread selection to the decadent desserts...you can't go wrong!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsGreatfoodfbVIPDined on 5/25/2013One of my favorite restaurants , a gem !!! Never disappointing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was ok. Waitress didOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013Service was ok. Waitress did not show up frequently and they did not fill our water for long periods of time. I got soup and was not good. Desert was not good either. Main dishes were delicious. I will give it a C in generalSpecial Features:
- Yum!Table13Dined on 5/21/2013The canolies are to die for. Not for traditionalists, but a wonderful end to our meal. We really enjoy this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT - FRESH - BEST IN ORLANDOOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/17/2013This is a truly inspired and exceptional restaurant. Everything is so fresh and delicious - the menu items are original combinations of texture and taste we've never quite seen outside of some of the finest New York restaurants. In my opinion this is the finest restaurant in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service but Food StumbledOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2013The service was perfect at this beautiful restaurant in the JW Marriott Grand Lakes hotel. For a special occasion this is a great spot. I listened as each table was informed that Chef Melissa Kelly was just awarded a second James Beard Award. (Congratulations?) The food was definitely flavorful, but the pork dish had an overwhelming saltiness and the fresh rigatoni was overcooked and overwhelmed by the spices in the sausage. The table next to us sent back dishes as well, so maybe they just didn't have the normal people in the kitchen on this Saturday night or maybe we're just not the foodies that should visit this beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013The food and service were very good...perhaps too good. We ordered a bottle of wine and our dinner was served as the server was presenting the wine. However we were not rushed after that. We would have preferred to enjoy the wine and allow it to open a little before the entree was served. otherwise, no complaints.Special Features:
- We just love PrimoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2013This is one of my favorite Orlando restaurants. The food is always delicious and the service perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and deliciousdiningchefDined on 5/7/2013Fun atmosphere and delicious menu. Upbeat atmosphere with open kitchen. Everything was delicious from the apps to the desserts. Enjoyed the luxury of a very good restaurant within our hotel. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very - Very Nice !SteakloverDined on 5/3/2013This was our first vist to the Primo, the J.W. Marriiott is really a nice Hotel, and the resraurant was very nice .... I had he Rib-eye, 28 oz with bone in and it was very , very good, my girlfriend had the salmon, which she said was Great ... It was for my Birthday, and i got a card from the service people, and the desert came with a Happy Birthday plate ... cute .... No freebee's for the Birthday ............ suprise came when I got my coffee, they don't have regular sugar, they have sweet and low, Equel, and other subs, but NO REAL sugar ... so bring your own if you want coffee with real surgar ........ Over all the experience was very nice ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the server was very good ................. we would go back .....Special Features:
- An enjoyable evening for myJohnVIPDined on 4/18/2013An enjoyable evening for my wife's birthday. We have been to Primo several times and always enjoy our experience. Food, wine and service are very dependable.Special Features:
- Excellent overall, salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Excellent overall, salmon dish slightly charred and overcooked.Special Features:
- Staffed by Inexperienced ChildrenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/23/2013The décor of the restaurant is very “hotel” looking and there is a funky smell that permeates the place. Also the staff all appeared very young and inexperienced. I ordered a beet salad and it came loaded with peanut brittle (yes the candy). My salad was full of candy but was very lacking in beets. My main dish came ice cold. I sent it back and it returned luke- warm. My wife's pasta dish was salty and cold. The pasta for my daughter (off the kid's selections) was so spicy she couldn't touch it. Needless to say, we did not stay for dessert. But, we still got stuck with a big check (way overpriced). If staying at JW go to Vineyard Grill or Normans (or off property).
- The atmosphere and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013The atmosphere and service was very good. Overall the menu and food were not very good. The pairings of certain foods like pasta and keilbassa is not to my liking and neither is bone marrow or a pig soup appetizing to me. My family and I were very disappionted and the cost was high for a terrible meal.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013After an extremely long wait, our two steaks which had been ordered medium rare came to us very well done!