Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulalipresort.com/dining/blackfish.aspx
- Phone: 3607161100
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday-Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Bar: Monday-Sunday: 5:00 pm - 1:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef David Buchanon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
The finest Pacific Northwest cuisine, prepared using traditional Tulalip Tribal techniques. Enjoy salmon skewered onto Ironwood spears and cooked over an alder wood coals, fresh oystersContinued
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino - Best Restaurants in Tulalip ›
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (48)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (35)notable wine list (33)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- I thought the food, as always,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I thought the food, as always, was outstanding. The service was good although our server did not get my order correct and I had to wait for my entree. She was very apologetic and gave us a discount for her mistake. Also, our regular server came over to apologize to us. The only negative to the restaurant is that the noise level is too high.Special Features:
- Expensive, but good.jon2112Dined on 4/12/2014Good food quality with a wide selection of dinners and starters. The dinners are on the $30 - $40 price range, starters are around $10 and dinner salads don't come with your meal; those will run you about $8 if you want to add them on. And if you are looking for a $1,200 bottle of wine, this is your place. The restaurant itself is very nice with friendly staff. One thing to note is the restaurant is not closed off from the casino so it could potentially get a little smokey in there. We were a little concerned with that but we didn't have a problem, but that's just something to keep in mind. I Would only recommend this place for a special event or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- strange acousticsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The restaurant wasn't particularly crowded and the background music wasn't loud, but there's SO much ambient noise you can't hear the person sitting next to you.
- you wont be disappointedBillyGilbertDined on 3/29/2014This place is great. Always worth a visit. Not cheap but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfish 2mandDined on 3/28/2014Dinner was great, we were late for our reservation and the wait staff was awesome, no worries with the time change. We had a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- Almost five starSusieQDined on 3/28/2014The halibut was excellent; the potato dishes creative. The green beans were underdone, unfortunately. The lobster appetizer was delicious; served two generously. The service was attentive and timing was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant with goodMicheleHDined on 3/28/2014Nice restaurant with good food. Alcoholic drinks are very weak! Waitress was great! Table in back of us had a small baby that fussed. Definitely not a restaurant for children.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Everything was outstanding. Our waitress and hostess were right there and boy the food was the greatest topped off with the best wine we have ordered in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014We had a great meal and Tim was a super waiter. BUT, it was way too noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerMichelleG1982Dined on 3/1/2014Been to Blackfish a number of times. Food is great, staff is always friendly. The only criticism I can think of really is how loud it can get in there sometimes, but really that's not anything the staff or restaurant can do, that's just large groups celebrating and having fun...no harm in that. I do remember my first visit to Blackfish a number of years ago, I loved that the portions weren't huge; you could finish everything that was on your plate. In recent visits it seems they have increased the portion size and I have not been able to finish the last few times...and I hate wasting food. I don't think it is necessary for half of your plate to be full of potatoes, but I'm sure some people like it!Special Features:
- ConsistantMarzbDined on 3/1/2014Each time we've dined at the Blackfish, the food and service is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceKathyDined on 3/1/2014We've been here 3 times. Each time was a pleasure, and everything was wonderful. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2014We were sitting in a booth across from each other and could not hear. I had a head ache when we left. Now food was great! Service was OK, she was a little over stretched. She knew her menu well which was nice. For a small party I would say somewhere else would be better. For a group it seemed nice. Again the noise was horrible and loud. Not a high dining place I thought.Special Features:
- The service was great, theNurse1Dined on 2/22/2014The service was great, the food was fabulous, BUT, the biggest negative was the noise. We were a party of five and we were seated at a round table. When talking, we had to lean in just to hear what was veing said. Granted, it was a Saturday night, around 7pm, which is a busy time. I have never experienced such noise when dining...EVER. It really put a negative on our experience. My thought would be to dine early or later. As the evening went on, the noise did decrease a bir. Otherwise, it was a varied menu and the cPrese salad was ro "die for"!Special Features:
- Not for a Romantic DinnerLisaDined on 2/20/2014I would definitely eat at this restaurant again. The food was great and the server tried to help make it a special night, but it certainly is not the place for a quiet anniversary dinner. Sound bounces off the walls and it is quite loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in generalijw2Dined on 2/20/2014WAY too loud-2 large parties made it almost impossible to talk to each other, but the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was our second time and it was just as awesome as the first. Service was fast and very friendly. The waiter wasn't too smug, very down to earth and helpful. Food was great and came out quickly. Will definitely be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice nite outniceniteoutDined on 2/13/2014We had a very nice dinner. My husband doesnt usually order anything out of the ordinary but he did this time. He ordered the swordfish dinner and was very pleased. The only thing we werent completely satified with was the spicy slaw that comes with the calimari. I have had it before and loved it. It was very crunchy and crisp but this time it was a little soggy and wilty with a little crunch. We still ate it but it was definately better the previous time. Thanks for a nice nite out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place Good FoodMarcusyDined on 2/10/2014I love this place, comes here at least few times a month, best seafood around, their Bowls, Appetizers and their oysters are fresh and delicious. go gamble after, maybe if you get lucky, you will win some cash to take care of the dinner costSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackfishboozer84Dined on 2/7/2014Just a lazy friday night we stayed at Tulalip. We prefer this restaurant to the one next door that is considered finer dining. Food was great the service was great. They attempted to accommodate our special meal requests. I would say the the seafood and steak were cooked to perfection. Great spot for a romantic meal. Some what pricey for a non occasion but... well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a slow night and our first timetrieditonceDined on 2/6/2014Only 3 tables with people, good service but the food was not! Expected much more for the price! Scallops were not even done! Salmon was the only choice out of 4 that was pretty good!
- DisappointedfrequentdinerDined on 2/3/2014We have been to the Blackfish on numerous occasions and have always had a good experience. This time not so much. The food came cold. The waitress was not very friendly and was annoyed that we sent it back.
- We eat at Blackfish and itsstevekaczDined on 1/31/2014We eat at Blackfish and its neighbor Tulalip Bay fairly regularly and with rare exceptions, the food and service is always great. This time we brought our neighbor with us to have dinner before a show at the casino. This was her first time and she had a great time. Special thanks to our waitress who went out of her way to make the meal a special occasion, and who confirmed the show time for us when there appeared to be some confusion about that. You can't go wrong at the Cedar's Café (where we had brunch) and at the casino buffet either. Tulalip has recently opened two new restaurants and we're anxious to give them a try as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightFiftySomethingDined on 1/31/2014Early dinner before John Oliver at the Tulalip. After being seated we were greeted by the Sommelier and we decided on a great bottle of wine which arrived promptly and was decanted for us to enjoy. Our meal began with some crispy flat bread served with three butter spread options. My wife enjoyed the sweet butter spread while I leaned toward the other two, one was garlic-herb based and the other had horseradish in it but just enough to add flavor. I ordered the oyster flight and the oysters were fresh and tasty although there were some shells. My wife had the Parmesan Crusted Halibut which she enjoyed. I had the Shellfish bowl which I can never turn down. We were seated near the wood fire so all-in-all a great date night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FoodTeamOutingDined on 1/30/2014I have been to Blackfish twice now, and each time, the food was great. Both times, we were a large group, and everyone's food was cooked to perfection. The Grilled King Salmon was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything - except noise!BcorazonDined on 1/25/2014As usual, food and service good; our favorite restaurant at Tulalip Casino! BUT too loud; unless you yelled at the person next to you, it was very hard to have a conversation. And none of our group (6 people) has a hearing problem. Don't know what can be done to get folks to tone it down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseCharlesDined on 1/25/2014A five Star restaurant. Food was outstanding and the service was the best I've ever experienced and we eat out a lot. Wife has food alergeries to onions and chili and the chef came to the table to answer my wives questions. When we discovered my wife was unable to eat the standard sauce on her selection the chef made her a sauce made from butter with a few spices that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to EatFlyer60Dined on 1/25/2014The Blackfish is a good restaurant. Try the Salmon on a Stick. The Salmon Chowder is great as well.Special Features:
- We love Blackfish!BarbDined on 1/19/2014I have been to the Blackfish four times now and as usual excellent service, incredible food and dining experience! Our server was very knowledgable about the menu and the bartenders were spot on!! A great place for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DEFINITELY GO! Amazing Food!SnohoMomDined on 1/18/2014We went on a girls weekend, all four of us said it was one of the best meals we have ever had! We all have been many places for fine meals so this is really amazing. The service was impeccable and our drinks were wonderful as well. Unfortunately we were too full for dessert, although we considered it! I will make a special trip to go back, as it is now a favourite. I had the Dungeness Crab macaroni and cheese, loads of fresh crab. The grilled salmon was said by 2 friends as the best salmon they had ever had. DEFINITELY GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary.CarpDined on 1/13/2014Great food, wonderful service and terrific atmosphere. The seared scallops were done perfectly. The lobster tower appetizer and clams were delicious.Special Features:
- Celebrated our anniversaryDatenightdiningDined on 1/12/2014My husband had indicated we were celebrating our anniversary when he made the reservation through opentable. So the chef prepared a special dessert (off the menu) for us. It was a simple chocolate cake, with a happy 12tg anniversary message written in chocolate. It's little touches like this that made the evening more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotAFanNotAFanDined on 1/10/2014We arrived on time for our reservation that we had on the books for about 6 weeks. We were told we could not have a booth but we could wait for one. We sat at a table for 4 on the floor because we didn't want to wait. We were not told that if we presented our players card for the casino we would receive 15% off. We ordered our dinner and never were asked if we'd like a salad to go with our meal. The service was not the best. My boyfriend's fish was not cooked correctly and the sides were not too great. The Cheddar Mash and Brussel Sprouts were terrible. My Salmon and Wine were good. We will not return. We wish we had eaten in Journeys or in the Sports Bar.
- A few little thingsDougDined on 1/4/2014The food options are good, atmosphere is a little on the noisy side and the staff was very attentive. There were a few little things that could be improved. I have a feeling the server was new. The oysters were excellent but one short out of a dozen. The lamb chops were very rare instead of medium and had to be sent back. Had to ask for a knife to cut meat. We have eaten here several times before and it was an amazing experience. I think it was just an off night. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh what a night!ValjeanDined on 1/2/2014My third time there. Amazing food. Last time our waiter was super knowledgeable But this time she didn't know the wine or about the oysters.... Last time the halibut was AMAZING....this time I tried the filet, I said I Liked pink but no blood, and it came very well done. Sad but it was still Tender with lots of veggies. Thank you for having the Brian Carter Oriana Wine on your pour list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/2/2014Booked a room, made dinner reservations for our anniversary and was excited to eat at Blackfish again...experience was less than stellar...timing of service was bad long wait between cocktail appetizer and main course (then it was inedible) didn't bother with dessert. Disappointed previous visits were totally different. Had a great breakfast in the cafe off the lobby and a wonderful server named Vera who was delightful.
- Good Casino RestaurantSuziDined on 1/1/2014The menu was varied, if a bit expensive, but this was an occasion, so we didn't mind spending more. My filet mignon was tender and cooked perfectly. There were too many carbs in the veggies (3 kinds of potatoes with carrots and snap peas), so I brought most of them home. My husband had chicken and said it was very good. The flat bread and three kinds of butter was a nice change from the usual rolls. My husband said the French onion soup was very good, and he is picky about that! The service was friendly and attentive. The noise wasn't too bad, but we were there early (5:15). The casino was packed (it was New Year's evening), and if the restaurant had been crowded, it might have been noisier than we like. Lots of fish on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve MealhollydayDined on 12/31/2013I went to the Blackfish for my last meal of the year. It was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casino atmospherewine4meDined on 12/28/2013though it was a saturday night, we were seated on time and taken care of well. nice respite from the noisey casino scene..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fresh seafood...slow service1980rustyDined on 12/28/2013We went before setting a show at the casino, and luckily had some time to kill. Server seemed to disappear quite a bit, as did the drinks! We had an oyster flight that was amazing! So fresh. Calamari was delicious. Plating was dramatic and their dining area was gorgeous. My wife mentioned we were there to celebrate my birthday and they brought out a birthday torte with no cheesy singing, which I appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.