Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
10200 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tulalipresort.com/dining/blackfish.aspx
- Phone: 3607161100
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday-Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Bar: Monday-Sunday: 5:00 pm - 1:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef David Buchanon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino
The finest Pacific Northwest cuisine, prepared using traditional Tulalip Tribal techniques. Enjoy salmon skewered onto Ironwood spears and cooked over an alder wood coals, fresh oystersContinued
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
hand shucked to order at the oyster bar, and an extensive list of Northwest wines
and local micro brews.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino - Best Restaurants in Tulalip ›
Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (49)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (35)notable wine list (33)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- TaulalapDined on 7/19/2014Service and servers were outstanding. At least our waitress was constantly waiting on us and very helpful in explaining the various types of dishes and what to expect. Our waitress name was Jill, from Alaska. Extra ordinary. We were able to enjoy our dinner because we were made very clear what we are ordering. How about a raise for her!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food but no celebrationTeresaDined on 7/19/2014I went here for my birthday and loved the food. The crab crusted halibut was superb! The only thing I did not like was the cous cous that comes with the meal. I tried to substitute it for red potatoes but was told they do not do substitutions for that meal. I tried it after my aunt told me it is wonderful but I did not like it at all and wound up leaving it all on the plate. I would have rather have had the potatoes. I was somewhat disappointed that they do nothing for birthdays. No special dessert, drink, anything. I will go back to this restaraunt someday because the halibut was great but I will not go for a special occasion again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeanniversaryDined on 7/17/2014The seafood bowl was amazing as was the crab covered halibut. Our server, male, was great! They offered us a free dessert as our meal took longer than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzconeDined on 7/6/2014This is the first time the Blackfish was a disappointment, mostly with my husband's Oyster order. The restaurant was very busy and the service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Have gone here twice and the service and food were great.Special Features:
- Wife's BirthdayWorldinerDined on 6/29/2014Took my wife to the Tulalip Resort for her birthday and recommended Blackfish based on a previous visit while attending a conference in Everett, WA. Our group enjoyed it a year ago and my wife absolutely enjoyed this past weekend...excellent presentation/taste/service (i.e., Lucy)...Filet Mignon for her ...Halibut for me. Returned the 2nd night (Tulalip Bay closed Monday)...another out-the-park with Northwest Seafood Bounty and excellent wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014....went in a little skeptical but came away really impressed. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud!sparky56258Dined on 6/28/2014the food is good and the place is really loud. they do up scale meals. the salmon is prepared very well. ask for the sauces on the side ,or it can over power the meat of your choice.Special Features:
- Great Menu and Servicerichreed701Dined on 6/28/2014First off, this restuarant is in a very busy casino. Therefore, you can expect to see patrons from mature couples wearing a dress and jacket & tie selecting from the wine list to a table of twenty-something males wearing baseball caps backwards and chugging Bud Light from the bottle. It's a long hike past slot machines to the nearest restroom. Recommend weekdays as the weekends can be quite noisy. The menu is excellent, and the unique bread and butter alone is worth the trip. Fresh seafood is the house specialty so be sure to check the "fresh board." They also do a great filet mignon. They feature local wines, beers and now spirits. Very attentive staff without being pushy. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- noisymcfoodieDined on 6/28/2014Very noisy! Excellent service and excellent meal! Salmon is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014We have dined at Blackfish many times and this was without question the worst service we have experienced. First of all, we were seated at the last table, right next to the kitchen door when there were other tables available It's obvious that restaurants want the young and good looking front and center but we have come to accept this What was not acceptable was our server ignoring us. We had to flag her down in order to get a wine list. Then she said my choice was one she did not like without offering a suggestion. Blackfish offers a flatbread and usually the server brings it shortly after being seated but once again we had to flag her down. She never came back to check on us. we had to wait way too long for the check. Food goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So BusyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014I came here my first time for business on a Tuesday in February and had a wonderful dinner with my partner, calm, quiet enough, and our server was attentive, one of the best casino dining experiences I've had. Then I came back, again on business, again dining on a Tuesday and expected to find the same atmosphere and level of attentiveness. . .sadly the restaurant was insanely busy and the quality of the ambiance went down as a result. My server didn't treat me as well as she did when I was with my partner and I could tell there was a huge preference placed on bigger groups even though a good deal of the restaurant's business, as I understand it, is meant to cater to business travelers, often dining alone.Special Features:
- terrible place to eat.skipthisplaceDined on 6/20/2014The shrimp was barely lukewarm, there were no grill marks, no sauce of any kind on it. No spices, nothing. It was the worst, most bland shrimp I have ever had. The vegetables, also, were tasteless, bland, boring and barely warm with 5 completely raw green beans on top. My brother's grilled salmon was good, his potatoes were hard and were barely warm. The broccolini was warm, had no spice, no sauce, no flavor, were limp, not cooked, fried, roasted...we couldn't tell what was supposed to have been done to them. The gouda mashed potatoes were amazing. Waiter didn't bring my change back, we had to walk through the casino. Won't ever go there again.
- The following 783 reviews are from the Blackfish at Tulalip Resort Casino reviews archive.
- ALRGDined on 6/16/2014Both the food and the service were excellent. The place was tastefully appointed and very clean. Nice Place!!Special Features:
- Blackfish was OK.KHFoodieDined on 6/15/2014It took over an hour to get our food and our server seemed annoyed while serving my husband and I. Both my husband and I have served before and are excellent tippers. Just because we are young doesn't mean we are cheap. The food was pretty good once we finally got it but not good enough to ever go back.Special Features:
- BlackfishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Excellent seafood! The Halibut and the Pacific Bounty Bowl were delicious and the appetizers excelled most other seafood restaurants I have been too! The only problem is the walk thru the smoke filled casino which is horrible!Special Features:
- diningdivadiningdivaDined on 6/14/2014Great food! Great service! Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/11/2014Our first dining experience at Blackfish was excellent. Everyone was friendly and made us feel very welcome. We loved the atmosphere and menu selections. We ordered the fresh salmon and it was absolutely delicious. Our server also provided excellent service, which made the evening very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Celebration for BirthdaysuzconeDined on 6/8/2014We have in the last few years had many of our family celebrations at the Blackfish. It is elegant without being too pricey, and you get more than your money's worth in delicious food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Not too badbigemannDined on 6/3/2014Pretty darn good seafood. Service was good. Atmosphere is nice... not too loud, just enough light.
- great food, reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014The presentation was beautiful. The steak and lobster was wonderful, but the veggies were under cooked. Second course came to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014The steaks are cooked to perfection, seafood is fresh and atmosphere is very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Copper RiverFlyer60Dined on 5/17/2014I ordered the Copper River King Salmon and my wife ordered King Crab Legs. The food was excellent. This was easily one f the best pieces of salmon that I have ever tasted. It was prepared just right for maximum good taste.Special Features:
- amazingwineguyDined on 5/15/2014Love coming here. The food, the service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwayspennywise7133Dined on 5/13/2014My wife and I visit the restaurant about one a month . We stay at resort and look forward to dinning at the Blackfish every time . Service is amazing , and food is always tasty .Special Features:
- Mother's Day 2014LinderellaDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed the Mother's Day special Salmon dinner ~ DEE-lish!Special Features:
- Good seafood at a fair priceSonustackDined on 5/11/2014Love their salmon, although we don't like it raw like all the restaurants want to cook it anymore. So we always have to ask for it Medium well. They always look at us like we are crazy. Born and raised in Seattle eating Salmon at home and at restaurants all my life and all of a sudden all the restaurants want to serve it like sushi. Please - cook my fish, I don't like it still slimy and the same texture that it was when I cleaned it. They have great bread crisps with flavored butter, lots of food with the sides. Their Caesar salad and salmon chowder are both great. Haven't had any of the steaks as we always want fish when we come in. They actually have my favorite scotch - The McCallan and they have a nice wine list too.Special Features:
- Great FoodPaytooDined on 5/10/2014The food selection is great. We have eaten there twice for dinner and each time the selections were varied but all out standing. Great place for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014One of the best high quality and innovative restaurants north of Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2014We brought out of town friends for a birthday celebration and were expecting exceptional Pacific Northwest seafood. We instead found it mediocre at best. My husband described his oysters as "mushy". I had clams in garlic broth that were very bitter. One guest had halibut which she said was "okay". Our appetizer plate was also just "okay". I have worked in the seafood industry for 30 years and have come to expect the freshest and best this area has to offer, not what we were served Sunday evening.
- Amazing cuisine in Marysville!!!VictoriaDined on 5/3/2014Wow! Every time I go to The Blackfish Grill I leave so happy! The chef is a culinary leader in our state! I urge everyone to give it a try! Even an old standard, like chicken pot pie, is deconstructed and rebuilt to resemble, yet exceed by far, the traditional we all know and love. Truly a rare gem in the north end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oyster delightMarcusyDined on 5/1/2014Excellent choices of fresh oysters. Servers have wide knowledge and recommended best ones for me. Cod was good. Cooked just how I like it. Their sides are fresh and delicious. From mashed potatoes. Asparagus. To beets and sauted veggie. Service fast. Thanks. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!luvBlackFishDined on 4/27/2014I recommend BlackFish to anyone & everyone who loves seafood. Always excellent food and service. One disappointment was when they took the huckleberry souffle off the menu. I ordered that every time I was there. I now have to order the Tart-O-Lime which is very good and refreshing but I still like the huckleberry souffle better though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday....Dhahran76Dined on 4/26/2014Had a great group dinner for my brother's birthday... Service and food both were awesome.Special Features:
- If you're at the Tulalip Resort...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014give this place a try! We were happy with the food (we had halibut and shrimp) and the serving sizes. Extensive wine list (the place is managed by a sommelier, so we expected that). And our server paired our dinners with great wines, was very attentive, gave us space to talk, really nice service! A bit loud, but hey we're at a restaraunt in a casino! :) A fun night indeed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterKittykatDined on 4/19/2014The steak was outstanding however the pofatoe side was not. Prefer choice of mashed or baked potatoes to go with a steak. The palenta had much to be desired as it is N acquired taste. More variety on sides would really co.pliment the meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Blackfish!VanuatuGirlDined on 4/19/2014Great food and great atmosphere for a North End restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieDined on 4/18/2014Ahi tuna was amazing and service was excellent. Great direction of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and SeafoodNTKirklandVIPDined on 4/18/2014Went for my husbands birthday and he received his steak exactly the way he ordered it. He added scallops with his steak. Make sure you ask for Lucas to cook your scallops. He is excellent at scallops. They were perfect! I had salmon and asked for it to be cooked a little longer since I like it done in the middle and it was outstanding. It was seasoned perfectly. There is nothing quiet about this dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food, as always,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I thought the food, as always, was outstanding. The service was good although our server did not get my order correct and I had to wait for my entree. She was very apologetic and gave us a discount for her mistake. Also, our regular server came over to apologize to us. The only negative to the restaurant is that the noise level is too high.Special Features: