LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
1053 Oyster Bay Road
East Norwich, NY 11732Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.luce-ristorante.com/
- Phone: 5166248330x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dino Vlacich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Catering Menu
- Private Party Facilities: Luce offers many options for private dining that can seat a variety of party sizes. Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals, holiday parties and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Dominick 5166248330x
- Special Events: Luce Andare Food truck
A word from LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich is a fine dining Italian restaurant dedicated to the highest quality of food and level of service. Innovative specialty dishes from all regions are created to be enjoyed in an elegant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich - Best Restaurants in East Norwich ›
LUCE Ristorante - East Norwich reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- nice if not predictable. goodFoodmamaVIPDined on 10/10/2009nice if not predictable. good neighborhood staple.Special Features:
- Great central location forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/2/2009Great central location for Garden events. Food is good altho the place is a bit noisy. Wait staff is extremely nice.Special Features:
- It is a fine local place,FoodmamaVIPDined on 8/22/2009It is a fine local place, the ambiance is Ok, and the food is pretty good. Its a nice neighborhood staple, the service is good and attentive.
- We go fairly often, honestlyFoodmamaVIPDined on 8/15/2009We go fairly often, honestly there is nothign out of this world but its a good predictable local neighborhood restaurant, and we can always depend on it. The dishes are pretty good and I would say some pastas and some veal dishes are very good. Overall, its a nice local place.Special Features:
- Quite off the beaten pathLovetodineVIPDined on 7/10/2009Quite off the beaten path Italian restaurant. A great dinning experience, a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- As our very personable waiter,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2009As our very personable waiter, Chris, explained, substitutions and cooking variations are well received and readily accommodated. The branzino was outstanding- light, tasty with a fresh texture and the perfect amount of seasoning that was enough to highlight its flavor, yet not overpowering. It was filleted right at our table. The entire waitstaff was very attentive. Depending upon whether you intend to have a rowdier or more mellow crowd, there are different dining areas of the restaurant which may appeal to you more than others. Perhaps slightly pricier than other restaurants in its class, but, at the very least, the quality of the food, service and ambiance was well worth it. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- We recently hosted businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2009We recently hosted business associates here for lunch. We knew that they would appreciate a setting that not only had wonderful food and service, but we were also able to discuss business without being interrupted. Service was efficient and very professional. A recommend for anyone who enjoys good food and exceptional service.Special Features:
- It was fine, better than lastFoodmamaVIPDined on 5/2/2009It was fine, better than last time. I had a chicken special which was fairly good, the others had fish and everyone was reasonably pleased. Nice little neighborhood place.Special Features:
- Ok here's the deal....theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2009Ok here's the deal....the food was ok...deserts were good....service was horrible....I had specially requested a table with some privacy as it was our anniversary. Instead they gave us a horrible table...with their servers standing and staring at u all of the time. They had some other couple there who I guess knew the manager and everyone in the restaurant was just trying to serve them and make sure they had a good experience ignoring everyone else.... This experience spoilt my anniversary. Never going again. Definitely not recommended. With these kind of prices, they need to offer excellent food and service. There are so many other places which are so much better.
- This restaurant is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2009This restaurant is consistently delicious! We were seated promptly for our reservation and the wait staff is attentive and professional. Our waiter,Chris, was simply amazing. Not that he was listening to our conversation, but heard one of the people at our table mention to another at the table that he prefers asparagus over brocoli and he went over and asked if he would rather have asparagus as his dinner was to be served with a brocoli side. He was truly outstanding and personable. I am sure to become a regular!!! A must go to....you will not be disappointed!
- We love this restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2009We love this restaurant!!! a little noisy when busy, but a great restaurant!
- The food was tasty, the waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009The food was tasty, the waitstaff was helpful and when asked to provide a quite table for us, they were able to accommodate the request. I would be very comfortable recommending this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009The food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent! We had a fantastic waiter who made my husband a superb cocktail drink! Thank you for a wonderful Valentine's Day!Special Features:
- Couldn't get a wine list...AlexfoodieDined on 2/13/2009Couldn't get a wine list... service was disinterested to say the least... felt as though we did not fit in... Will not go back. The food was OK but not inspired.
- I thought the food was offOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2009I thought the food was off the charts, although a little pricey. I would return time and time again just for the variety on the menu, the obvious good nature of the staff and for the delicious food. I only wish you would throw down some area rugs to eat the incredible noise that bounces all over the room(s).
- the evening was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/17/2009the evening was outstanding. back room was cold so we moved tables and front room had 2 big kitchen doors which we found an eyesore. middle room looked to be best. food was really great.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2008The food was very good, but very expensive for a neighborhood Italian restaurant. The restaurant was empty when we were there (only 3 tables occupied - which included ours) and there seemed to be more waiters than people - mostly just standing around doing nothing. (This bothered my husband). I doubt that we will go back there any time soon - there are better choices for us.Special Features:
- Excellent meal, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/6/2008Excellent meal, excellent service. Ok wine list. Definately recommend.Special Features:
- We were disappointed on ourFood4thoughtVIPDined on 11/22/2008We were disappointed on our recent visit. We as well as patrons next to us had to repeatedly as for our waiter, water, ice..... They were out of specials by 8 pm. If we didn't dine there before, we might never return. Also, the prices are too steep!!!!!!
- Lovely large menu and lotsFood4thoughtVIPDined on 11/15/2008Lovely large menu and lots of specials too. What more could a foodie ask for? The service staff are lovely as well.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. However,Food4thoughtVIPDined on 10/10/2008The food was delicious. However, the prices are off the wall.
- Luce looks really cute onOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2008Luce looks really cute on the outside however the inside ambiance is a knock off looking Italian restaurant. The rolls were as hard as the frozed butter served. We ordered 2 drinks ($14 each, one was wrong) and 1 small bottle of diet coke ($3.50). The Caesar Insalate ($11) was bland as the lettuce they served. Insalate Di Pescee ($16) was a nice light, chilled seafood dish. The Cavatelli Bolognese ($22) was stollen from Chef Boyardee. The Ravioli Di Anatra ($26) is very good for 8 ravolli in a cream sauce. I ordered the Paillard Di Vitello ($35) but couldn't eat it b/c it was too tough to chew. My dog on the other hand loved it. Over all we spent $200, the for 3 people and to be given the opportunity to write this review.