7725 Jericho Turnpike
Woodbury, NY 11797Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.volperistorante.com/
- Phone: 516-802-7501x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Cinicola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for private catered events. Call to discuss menus and pricing options.
- Entertainment: The restaurant features live music during the week
- Special Events: Available for private events such as birthday parties, engagement celebrations, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties and more.
A word from Volpe Ristorante
Fine dining restaurant featuring classic cuisine and table side preparation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Volpe Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A great fine.angelDined on 12/4/2013Went for holiday dinner with girlfriends, food, ambience, service and music couldn't have been nicer..Special Features:
- Always a good timeBasoredVIPDined on 11/30/2013Most restuarants today are so loud, it's hard to have a conversation with a group having dinner. Here is the perfect environment to have a great meal, drinks and a good time for all. This is my third time here in a fairly short timeframe, so it consistantly delivers. Plus I'm a sucker for piano music as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerKikiDined on 11/27/2013I went to Volpe Ristorante for my birthday, and from start to finish, the ambience, food, and service were all impeccable. The restaurant had a piano player and singer, and he was super friendly, open to any requests you had...They even had the restaurant all sing me Happy Birthday!!! I felt so special and loved!!! Also, the food was so delicious...Me and my family want to return real soon!!!Special Features:
- Sunny lunchturquoise18Dined on 11/18/2013The location is convenient, well decorated, and the choices for lunch were varied and service was attentive but not overbearing. We really enjoyed soup selections, tomato bisque and excellent french onion. Salad with grilled shrimp was very nice as well as the veal entree. would go back for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedalexzDined on 11/12/2013After reading all the great reviews, we looked forward to our dinner but was disappointed. The Caesar salad dressing came from a jar apparently and was bland and the cheese lacked flavor . My fish was tasteless and had no seasoning. Overall, a great disappointment and we will not be returning there. I must add, though, that the duck was very good.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceDinesalotDined on 11/9/2013The food is average at high prices. The atmosphere is not as expected. The portions are small. I will not be returning
- no recommendationdisappointedVIPDined on 11/9/2013i really don't understand how this restaurant was rated in a top 10 category- it seems to me that people who know precious little about food or service are voting for this. service was poor, food mediocre at best- the kitchen sent out oysters shucked haphazzardly- not even severed , flat side containing the oyster, all the liquor drained out- i don't think there is any need to elaborate further- the rest of the meal was the same. you could hear the loud music coming from the catered event through the wall- truly unpleasant..
- Absolute Favoritefarmer147Dined on 10/17/2013Many are unaware of this hidden gem of a restaurant tucked away on the 2nd floor of this well known catering establishment. For my wife and I this has been our favorite dining venue for many years. It has excellent bar and entertainment for a pre-dinner drink . Always excellent food and service, yet not too expensive. I have taken small groups from work for Holiday dinners, and family and friends for special occasions. One friend always refers to dinner at the Fox Hollow as a "grown-up" date. Many customers are casual, but if you like a little dressier attire, you will feel right at home. For me personally, this is the restaurant against which all other restaurants are measured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave a second chanceReviewerDined on 9/27/2013Went here recently and incurred a snafu. The manager reached out to us and remedied- I was satisfied Our waitstaff was exemplarty as always.Special Features:
- Great place!!Metlhead723Dined on 9/19/2013My wife and I went here for the first time just for a regular occasion the other day and we had an amazing time. The restaurant was very upscale/classy and everyone from the hostess to the waitress to the piano guy treated us extremely nice. Awesome 3-course Prime Rib specials on Thursdays, reasonable prices and quite a diverse wine selection. Would definitely recommend any friends/family here, particularly for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat drink and be merry.4goodfoodexpDined on 9/18/2013Had a wonderfull time for our 53rd. Anniv. The food and service is the best. I always save the fox for special accations.l had recommended it to menny people over the years and they also agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster night gem!fanofthefoxDined on 9/11/2013From the wonderful lobster special, to the beautiful wine selection, right down to the delicious cappuccino, the Rose Hunt Restaurant is a gem! The food is delicious and the ambiance is so classy and romantic. Perfect for an anniversary dinner, special occasion, or just because! I was married at Fox Hollow 3 years ago and still visit for a superb meal... and some nostalgia! The staff is very professional and attentive. You'll even get serenaded with some live music! And he takes requests! Try it out, you won't regret it! ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and quiet diningFdollieVIPDined on 9/3/2013I heartily recommend this restaurant. The place is beautiful and we had a great meal with drinks for just $50 per person. A great price for delicious food and you can actually hear each other speak.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2013Went for an anniversary. Absolute amazing time. Live music and excellent waiter. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsjanieVIPDined on 8/23/2013This restaurant is not only a find for lunch and dinner, but we had a party for 30 people and the feedback was incredible. Wait staff is wonderful and courteous. Prix fixe lunch is quality. We go often and love it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night JazzLouiseTDined on 8/12/2013We went for the music, which was great. The food not so. Uninspired salad ( sorry, chopped romaine is NOT California mixed greens) and over cooked salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovey restaurant within a country iPianomomVIPDined on 8/9/2013Beautifully decorated. Delicious food. Good service .Special Features:
- A definite favoritejanieVIPDined on 8/1/2013We go often, especially for their prix fixe lunch. Booked a party here, feedback was amazing. The food is wonderful, the staff is the same. Great place for a couple or a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedReviewerDined on 7/26/2013Everything was Perfect until I cut my lip on a broken martini glass and Moses the manager come over to my table and said "You have chapped lips" I was so stunned that I said ok... please take my card and we will be on our way. Sadly, we wont return. The waiter/busboy and environment were excellent but the manager of the restaurant was unprofessional in bad taste and offensive.Special Features:
- I have been going to (Foxluv2eatatthefoxDined on 7/23/2013I have been going to (Fox Hollow) as I know it for many many years one of my favorite places The waiters matre de and entire staff are always polite and friendly. The food is above and beyond the presentation quality and selection excellent. Im 82 yr and a lot of my friends that I went there with have past on. Thanks for keeping up the same standard as u have always had. Three of my children have had there weddings there. Pat CraigSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful time; foodjkjkDined on 6/28/2013Had a wonderful time; food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch, pricey for dinnerDocSDined on 6/25/2013The restaurant is quaint with linens, fresh flowers, and very good servers. Unless you go for the nightly special (price fix of $38), figure on spending @ $55/person without drinks. The menu is a la carte. The dover sole was very good and prepared table-side. The shrimp scampi came in a heavy sauce that was not good and lacked any hint of garlic. The filet mignon got raves. Desserts are $7.50/each and the cannoli is prepared to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent withBarbaraDined on 6/22/2013The food was excellent with wonderful service. Many items were prepared tableside which was very elegant. The piano player/singer added a special quality ton the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, jazz & serviceMayortonyDined on 6/10/2013A wonderful evening. Would definitely recommend going on jazz nights (Mondays). Very high quality food and service. Best lamb chops ever! And the jazz trio was excellent (piano, bass, drums). Special treat when talented young musicians and singers took the mike for individual numbers. Friendly staff and musicians. A real treat for Long Islanders who get NYC quality right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegantStuStuDined on 5/4/2013Great place! Nice to eat dinner while listening to a man playing piano 20 feet away! Food was delicious. The waiter even made our caesar salad at our table. Talk about cook to order. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Good food, service, decor, and price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionzmanDined on 5/4/2013food was good , service was good , would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Happy birthdayMickeysgirl53Dined on 5/3/2013This was the best last minute decision we made for dinner plans. The surf and turf amazing. Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection. We wanted to kiss the chef. The Chilean Sea Bass melted in your mouth. It was in a broth with veggies and cous cous. And you could taste how fresh the salmon was. Dessert of molton lava cake was beautifully presented and was delicious. The pianist even played Happy Birthday to my daughter and I. Although it was dark after dinner, the grounds were beautiful on a cool Spring night to walk around and take pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our 3 visit. JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2013This is our 3 visit. Jazz night was my favorite. Really busy could use more help on that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and AtmosphereJudyCVIPDined on 4/25/2013We had not been to this restaurant in years, and decided to go for our wedding anniaversary, and are we happy we did! Everything about the evening was wonderful, from the Maitre'D giving us a great table that we requested to upon being seated brought us complimentary champagne for our Anniversary!! The service was great, we had Steve as our waiter, super nice, great service, when we go again, we will request him! There was a piano player Robert, he too was so nice, and played wonderful backround music, loved it! It was prime Rib night, which my Husband ordered, he said it was the best he ever had, came with onion soup augratin with tons of melted cheese, and he chose a caesar salad, yummy! I had surf/turf, wonderful!Special Features:
- Charming venueCosd47VIPDined on 4/13/2013Enjoyed our evening here celebrating a birthday with family members. The real draw here is the ambience and almost stellar service. Also wonderful is the live piano music. Perfect for a moderate to large group celebration of a special event. The quality of the cuisine unfortunately does not match the ambience. Although the portions are quite large the overuse of salt ruined the flavor of the risotto and the spinach salad for two with warm vinaigrette was drowning in balsamic vinegar. Almost inedible. Blackened tuna was tasty but overdone despite being ordered as rare. I would still recommend this restaurant for the caring service of the wait staff and the charming atmosphere. Perhaps the chef simply had an off night.Special Features:
- It was so wonderful SaturdayJackyDined on 4/6/2013It was so wonderful Saturday night , everybody was so nice and kind . This is a very good place classic .Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2013We had a wonderful time. The service was amazing and food was delicious.Special Features:
- Sat in the firplace room initiallyReviewerDined on 3/1/2013Sat in the firplace room initially although there was a group of (4) women out and the conversation wasnt apporpriate and the Maitre D moved us to the Bar (with a piano live) room. Kevin and Melvyn were excellent and attended to our every need. We had Steak for two. Good choice. French onion soup was tasty and hot on a chilly evening. THe live piano player mad beautiful atmospheric ambiance. Chocolate lava cake was fine with a spot of tea with a side of honey. Delicious. Would definitely return. There was a party somewhere in the building at 745pm that you could hear and feel the music.Special Features:
- We went for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2013We went for our anniversary dinner. We were married at fox hollow and dinner was great. They maxed us feel special that night.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We wanted to have outr wedding there years ago. Finanices held us back. Although it was for Valentines day, it felt like a wedding to me and my wife. Very selective Menu. I love it and will be back for mother Day.Special Features:
- Food was amazing. Great dealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Food was amazing. Great deal for price fix valentines dinnerSpecial Features:
- The baked clams were dry,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013The baked clams were dry, the pasta was under cooked,the lamb was bland.Overall, I had expected the food to be better but I was a really disappointed.The menu had a glass of wine or champagne was offered with dinner but we were not offered any. I always celebrate valentines day at River cafe but due to Sandy, they were under renovations. I do not think I would return to Fox Hollow again.
- Romantic and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2013Once again, the Rose and Hunt Restaurant at the Fox Hollow was outstanding. We went for our second anniversary (as well as our first), and could not have been happier. Our waiter was so welcoming and funny. The ambiance, the staff, and the FOOD was AMAZING! The steak and lobster were cooked to perfection. Dessert was just as delicious. Perfect place to go for a romantic night out or special occasion. Highly recommend the Milky Way and Espresso Martinis. We give this place 5 Stars all the way! Can't wait to go back next year.Special Features:
- We all enjoyed the prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013We all enjoyed the prime rib and would definitely go back any Thursday. Except for the couple of minutes when there was no one to seat us, the service was fabulous. The food was served quickly and there was plenty of it. The lava cake was great as well.Special Features:
- Pleased w/ the overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2013Pleased w/ the overall experience on this return visit.Special Features: