Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: 6175361775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
682 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (595)special occasion (521)romantic (451)notable wine list (192)fit for foodies (126)hot spot (115)great for lunch (113)vibrant bar scene (100)good for groups (88)great for brunch (87)late-night find (62)neighborhood gem (48)kid-friendly (23)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Make sure to get a good tableAnna14Dined on 8/19/2014This being my first time at the restaurant, I did not know when the hostess walked us to our table we were being given the absolute worst table in there. It is a separate room from the dining room and we were stuck in a corner, not next to the window. The view from that room is not that nice anyway and you cannot hear any of the jazz, nor do you feel like you are in the main part of the restaurant. I feel sorry for anyone who is seated in that room, as the views from the other areas of the restaurant are 100% better, as is the ambiance. The one positive was that when reserving, I included a note that I was celebrating my partner's birthday. The restaurant put a candle on the dessert without my reminding them, so that was much appreciated.Special Features:
- PleasedVIPDined on 8/19/2014The location has the best views in Boston - Service is top notch!Special Features:
- A very impressive view of BostonSusieTooftheHubDined on 8/19/2014Always a pleasure to dine here, especially when I want to impress a client. The panoramic view of Boston, the nice setting of restaurant, the super friendly staff, and the food is always good. We just love to go there whenever we get a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Boston LunchJan2yumDined on 8/19/2014Really enjoyed every minute of our lunch at Top of the Hub. The service was great, food wonderful and the view fantastic! Can't wait to have a special occasion excuse to come back. We loved it. Don't listen to any negative remarks! Once you experience it you won't find anything to complain about. Fantastic afternoon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From SF and loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/19/2014I found this place to scenic with great food. We got a great window seat. I was amazed that the prices were not outrageous as they can be in SF for the same type of ciew reataurant. No kids menu but we figured it all out with pasta and bread! Lobster roll was okay but I haven't had that many lobster rolls in my life to begin with. Imm more of a tail person. Would return. And husband said he'd even return, which means the place was pretty good! We are splurging everywhere because we're on vacation :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great views, ok foodPrinceVIPDined on 8/18/2014The views are GREAT...the food is ok...nothing really special, but the drinks defenitely a must...they are DELICIOUS...(or maybe it is being on the 52nd floor that makes the drinks so good!!) The service was very good, very attentive, we could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT EXPERIENCEMRV1Dined on 8/18/2014The view from the Top of the Hub alone makes this a must have experience in Boston. However the attention to detail in the overall ambiance and decor, attentive service and delicious melt-in-your-mouth meals were all also outstanding and made this a memorable night. We are new to Boston and will highly recommend The Top of the Hub to our friends, family, and visitors and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sun SetMarkAlexDined on 8/18/2014We always go at a time we can watch the sun set. We only go during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe Lunch is a terrific dealfinprofDined on 8/18/2014You'd spend almost the same thing at Panera Bread. Portions are just right. Our waiter asked about our group's (8) time constraints and served accordingly. Then, of course, there is the view :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One good thingNattDined on 8/17/2014Only scenic view of Boston that made me there. The food was OK, not fancy. The service was not so professional. My server was not well-dressed to serve. I closed my menu and ready to order, I waited to order for long time. No water served if I did not ask for. I did not finish my plate and she was about to take it away. I don't understand where I wait to order but she was rushing me to eat. What's the point of doing this?Special Features:
- Rubberband in foodsiddygupsDined on 8/17/2014My family went to top of the hub for my sister's birthday, with my aunt from Japan and cousins from RI and SF. I often read reviews which slam a restaurant because one part of the experience was bad, so I will be clear: everything was awful. Off the bat the server made a comment about oriental tastebuds, and recommended that we eat elsewhere(?). Later, my father pulls a rubberband out of his mouth. A waiter immediately picks up the plate, and without apologizing rushes it to the back. The manager comes out a few minutes later and brings out a cookie plate for our troubles, even though we already ordered dessert. We asked for no comp, but we did talk to the manager about this, and he laughed in our face (no joke). The view is not worth it.
- I think it's usually better...MikeNearBostonDined on 8/17/2014The views, at least, were the best of my three visits here so far. For some reason they delivered the 1st and 2nd brunch courses, along with the pastry plate, simultaneously. Oops! Fortunately all of that food was good. For the main course we chose the halibut. This was the first halibut dish I've had that needed to be cut with a knife or fork to separate the fish, and I certainly hope it is the last. Surely it was badly overcooked! I know I should have sent it back, but I hate doing that more than anything. The tiramisu was good, but the carrot cake cupcake was dry, and a warm, none-too-sweet cream cheese frosting needs re-thinking. Service was OK, but we had to wait a good long while after the meal to pay before we could leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. ok food.MotheroftwoDined on 8/17/2014The view is amazing and I would return with othera to experience it again. The food was lacking. The restaurant itself needs to be renovated but the view was breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely best view of BostonSacoTxuDined on 8/17/2014The brunch was really goo and the service was wonderful and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!PerfectDined on 8/16/2014The Top of the Hub is a great place for a romantic dinner. During my stay we witness a marriage proposal. That was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Beautiful evening, excellent service, delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Scenery, Lackluster Sercristina78Dined on 8/15/2014The dining room is absolutely beautiful and the panoramic views of the city are AMAZING. the menu looked incredible and there were literally dozens of items i wanted to try. the daily specials sounded decadent too, my 2 friends ordered the lobster& crab encrusted halibut, but i decided on the lobster roll. it was decent but definitely had more "roll" than lobster; friends were obsessed with their meal though! unfortunately, service was lacking. we saw the waiter when he took our order & when he finally circled back after we had been done with our food for over 20min. The busboy was attentive and kept our water glasses filled but our actual waiter was basically MIA the entire time; something you don't expect at an establishment such as this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceBostonMomDined on 8/14/2014Our daughter wanted a special place for her 16th birthday lunch with a few friends. The Top of the Hub was a great choice. The staff was attentive, and got her a window table - made her day!Special Features:
- Second visit shame about the mist!3963dwDined on 8/13/2014This was my second visit to the hub. First on business was very enjoyable , this tme was with my daughter, was unfortunately misty so no view and she forgot her id so was refused a drink! Unfortunate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AVOID AT ALL COSTS!rachael13Dined on 8/13/2014As visitors to Boston, we were looking forward to celebrating a birthday with a lovely meal overlooking the city. On arrival at the restaurant, we were seated at the side of a staff thoroughfare, on a cramped table with no view whatsoever. The food was very poor - we asked for the salmon to be extremely well done and it had to be sent back THREE times! Absolutely awful service - almost threw our food at us and made no effort at all to ensure that the birthday celebrations were in any way special. We were charged full price for the meal even though the food was inedible for one guest - no dispensations were made given the problems we had had. All in all, a really poor experience at Top of the Hub.Special Features:
- "Haut" CuisinefoodeeVIPDined on 8/12/2014Highlight of our visit to Boston, Great, food, service, atmosphere and a view to match! Worth a visit to Boston just to enjoy Top of the Hub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view, good foodBritishBostonianVIPDined on 8/11/2014Myself and a friend (who works in the culinary industry) came here for the Prix Fix lunch: excellent value at $25pp for 3 courses. The view is undoubtedly the best in Boston. It's perfect for a casual lunch, or a special occasions. Service was excellent and the food is good, with diverse menu options served with culinary flair. My only complaint is the poor quality of the one of the dessert options. (The Napoleon lacked flavor and was clearly thrown together in a cost-effective manner, yet the espresso creme brulee was delicious). Overall, I would highly recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014This is the best restaurant i have ever been too. The food, service, view was amazing. Cant complain about one thing.Special Features:
- nikosthegreekDined on 8/10/2014It was too expensive for brunch with limited options. The website did not clearly specify that the menu is fixed for brunch at a $40 price...I had been to the restaurant before (not on a Sunday) and I liked it much better then.Special Features:
- Go for the viewKDG1960VIPDined on 8/10/2014The view of Boston from Top of the Hub is extraordinary. Really breathtaking on a sunny summer day. The brunch was fine -- not special in the least, though -- and the service was remarkably slow. Our waitress was pleasant and charming and had a lot of pointers about things to see and do in Boston. She also was a big help in modifying some of the items on the menus (we have food restrictions). I am not sure it was worth the prix fixe cost ($40/person for brunch) other than the fact that we would have spent $15/person to go two floors down to the Skywalk. So at least we got to eat.Special Features:
- Much More Than AnticipatedJC11Dined on 8/10/2014Dining at the Top of the Hub is an event in itself. I have eaten here periodically over decades and feel that the restaurant has been able to carry itself simply on its incredible location. However, now the whole dining package has come together. While the view is extraordinary, and the management outstanding (courteous, unassuming and accommodating), the food has never been as delectable as it is today. Every dish was presented magnificently and the taste was superb for our family's brunch experience. I look forward to another opportunity to dine here soon, and most highly recommend this restaurant as five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience802coupleDined on 8/9/2014Was let right in with my reservation, there was a long wait had I not reserved on Opentable. We had an 8pm dinner so we saw a great sunset followed by the beautiful city lights for the remainder of our meal. Appetizers came out quickly and were fantastic (I had the duck my date the tuna tar tar), for dinner the Veal and my date the VT chicken. The meals were fantastic easily in my top 10. I would definitely recommend this for a nice date night or a special occasion. Considering the ambiance and quality of food I thought the cost was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner, stunning viewavocata17Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went to the Top of the Hub for dinner while celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. I changed our reservation at the last minute which went smoothly, and we were still seated by the windows as requested. The servers were very professional and attentive. We each tried the 3-course fixed price menu with the wine pairings, and it was all excellent, and very filling. Before dessert, the waiter asked us if we were celebrating anything, and when we told him he brought us each our creme brulee with a candle and "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate - it was an exceptionally sweet touch. My only complaint was the noise level, which was too high for our taste. But the view was stunning!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent food, wine, view, waiter (Bladamir)...overall an exceptional dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for anniversarykmuratDined on 8/9/2014great place for anniversary. had tuna and lamb as main dishes, scallops as appetizer and espresso creme brulee as dessert. all of them were very delicious.Special Features:
- Top of the Hub, Top of the ListbigthingsDined on 8/9/2014By far the nicest and most romantic spot I've found in Boston thus far. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Greatview, good food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We had a perfect view of the cityscape, and saw it transform from late afternoon to night. The food was ok, but have had better attention to detail regarding food allergies. There were several obviously loud and drunken patrons at the bar which was a distraction. Guess we thought it would be a quieter more intimate experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Views and Servicepartyof5Dined on 8/8/2014I love a good restaurant and have no problem spending the money for a great meal. The overall ambiance here is incredible due to views, especially at sunset, absolutely gorgeous. The service is above board, our server was incredible...present but not overly so. We didn't get a window seat as requested, it doesn't matter every direction is a spectacular window view of skyline. The drinks: NOT GOOD- & no Bud Light in Boston? I ordered Meyers, Malibu and pineapple- it tasted like it had vodka in it. Food: Very Good, not extraordinary- we were pleased with steaks & lobster. Apps were good but small for $. Dessert: excellent a caramel icecream and choc lava/souffle cake (best food of night) Wine list-limited-No Duckhorn. Soda overpriced at $5.Special Features:
- Great view, Great ServiceemilioDined on 8/7/2014Service and View are both great. Food it is also good and well presented. Nice and family friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special - will return and recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014Accommodating staff and excellent food. We had veal chop and filet. Don't miss dessert. Caesar salad was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for out of town guestRandyDined on 8/7/2014As always a great time. I took an out of town friend here on 8/7/14 and as always I was not disappointed and my friend was amazed! We were seated right on time, the service was right on, and the meal was excellent. While dining we were delighted to view the first DOUBLE RAINBOW I have ever seen in Boston! (I am born & brougt up in Boston) Talk about being in the right place at the right time. This was the crown on a spectacular, memorable evening. Top of the Hub is my "go to" with friends who are new to Boston. Never a disappointment. ALWAYS a great time & a spectacular view even without the once in a lifetime DOUBLE RAINBOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like beets (beetroot) but....RaymondioDined on 8/6/2014Most of food was fine to excellent, the service attentive. The wine portions were mean and didn't always arrive with the food. One course comprised of beetroot,lots of beetroot!. Dessert was a hefty chunk of dull chocolate cake with ice cream. The moment we finished the waiter appeared with the bill, there was no offer of coffee. Tables are very close together;we could have been a table for 6 with the neighbouring two couples. View is stunning at night, but seemed irrelevant to most diners; we were unable to see much from our table. Bar was crowded with non-diners (maybe a party) but the service was quick and the mojitos were excellent. It could easily be so much better, but it isn't.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014This was our second time at Top of the Hub and we loved it just as much as the first. Excellent food, unbeatable view and outstanding service. This is the place to go for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSuburbaniteVIPDined on 8/6/2014Brought 2 friends that were in town from the UK and had requested a window table, which we received. The food, service, and view were all wonderful. My friends couldn't stop taking pictures, and didn't stop raving about the food & service. We had Tartare, Lobster Soup, Hearts of Romaine, Fra Diavolo (lobster, clams, & mussels), Halibut, & the nightly special. This was not my first time - the food & service have always been exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We made our reservation a week in advance and still got sat at an inner table with no view of the city which is what you are paying for which this type of place. I ordered the Fra Diavolo and my dish was all linguini with two clams and four mussles (two of which were empty). The food was a waste of money. I would ONLY go if it is for cocktails or dessert.Special Features: