Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: 6175361775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
684 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (597)special occasion (521)romantic (451)notable wine list (192)fit for foodies (126)hot spot (115)great for lunch (113)vibrant bar scene (100)good for groups (88)great for brunch (87)late-night find (62)neighborhood gem (48)kid-friendly (23)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Best date night ever !romanticdatenightDined on 8/30/2014I was looking for a romantic place, for a romantic date night. I wanted something different. Top of The Hub was the place. It has a wonderful view of Boston, the food was great, and the wait staff was attentive. One small negative mention. That is, the food took a little long to come out of the kitchen, but I was there on a very busy night and didn't mind it at all. Overall I loved it and will go again!Special Features:
- What a view!CelebrateDined on 8/30/2014You can't beat the view of Boston from The Top of the Hub. As the sky went from light to dark, the view just got better and better. Unfortunately the food wasn't as good as the view, but it would take a heck of meal to beat the view! Smile!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place but they ignore requestconciergeDined on 8/30/2014We are repeat visitors to Top of the Hub and we bring guests. We had an early reservation to help accomodate our request for the best view of the city as possible. Instead, we were seated at the worst window seat possible...with two views facing a wall, and one view facing the interior of the restaurant. When we brought this to the hostess attention, she did not acknowledge our request or even indicate she could hear me. Our dissatisfaction with our seating was completely ignored.Special Features:
- disappointingCaptainBobDined on 8/30/2014Meal was OK. Not great. Lamb was specifically dissapointing. Over all, much better food venues available in Back Bay. Had dinner on 8-30-14Special Features:
- Most amazing view!special2shareDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful for good friends from out of town. Most amazing view and very accommodating staff who served a very delicious luncheon.Special Features:
- Dine Out BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We went relatively late on a Friday night for Dine Out Boston week, and it was PACKED. I've never seen it that crowded, but I guess the cheaper menu attracted a lot of people (and some not so nicely dressed either). We had to wait a little bit despite having a reservation, but the wait wasn't too bad, and when we were seated, we had an amazing table with a great view of the city. It was a bit noisy and there were a lot of tourists taking pictures while we were eating, but the service was great, and the food was very good (albeit small portion-wise and warm instead of hot). I think allowances needed to be made for the large number of people coming for Dine Out Boston, but as always, it was an enjoyable experience and less costly than usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The view was amazing, service was impeccable. Food was very expensive, somewhat overpriced.Special Features:
- Food is good. View is great.dsswithnVIPDined on 8/29/2014Four of us dined here for Boston's Restaurant Week. The three-course, $38 menu offered very good choices. As good as the food was, the star at Top of the Hub is the view from the 52nd floor of the Prudential Center.Special Features:
- View is NOT overrated.jeanbeanDined on 8/29/2014Do it at least once! And for lunch if you're on a budget. The cranberry-nut bread they give you is way better than the white bread. Although the food (duck confit appetizer and seared hake entre) was stop-the-conversation-to-eat amazing, dessert is seriously disappointing and seemed like it came from a regular grocery store. I'm in awe of Boston with a view from the Charles, but 52 floors up, Boston looks like a whole new world!Special Features:
- DaveDined on 8/29/2014Great food, friendly service and beautiful view of whole BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when you are in Boston!LuvdinningVIPDined on 8/28/2014Incredible views and very good food. Great jazz bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the viewMaryVIPDined on 8/28/2014That makes the experience at Top of the Hub worth it. The food was good, service was effective
- Recommend for every coupleMauMauDined on 8/28/2014I arrived at 1:00pm, and the beautiful scene kept my eyes. I guess the beautiful of scene will follow the weather to has different beautiful ! You can't ignore those waiters and bus boys, you will enjoy their professional service, and their warmly attitude!Special Features:
- Great view of BostonAoranDined on 8/28/2014I went there during the boston restaurant week. The price for the 3 course lunch was reasonable and the food is tasty. We were sat by the window, so the view was fabulous. Definitely will dine there again. :)Special Features:
- Five Star Dinner w/ Five Star ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/27/2014Had a wonderful dinner at Top of The Hub this week with a dear friend. The evening was one of the nicest we have had out in a while. Seated at a spectacular window seat which was worth the price of anything one desires while visiting. The food was not only beautifully presented, it also tasted so good. The chef continues to impress me! Dessert and champagne were also a wonderful way to end the experience. Our waiter was also very attentive and made sure all our dining needs were met. cannot wait for a return visit.Special Features:
- Boston Dine Out Menu was overratedBeanieDined on 8/26/2014We both ordered the Korma lamb steaks and though it could have been done better. The meal was below average for this restaurant, but I understand that you get what you pay for seeing that it was restaurant week and dinner was $20 less than a normal night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable view...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014The view at Top of the Hub is really unbeatable overlooking Boston and Cambridge. Its a great location to enjoy with friends and guests visiting Boston. The food has been deteriorating over the last couple of years, particularly following our last lunch experience. We hope that they consider an upgrade. The view will not compensate for everything and forever.Special Features:
- Enjoyed itIndustryInsiderDined on 8/25/2014Had a good time. The food was pretty good but not spectacular. The view was lovely. The service was good But maybe a bit robotic or routine. Over all it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike- visit on 8/25OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Went with my girlfriend. Got the Vermont Chicken and my girlfriend went with Pan Seared Haddock. We both loved the meal and the service was way better than what we had read online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousfriendlyfoodieDined on 8/25/2014We took our girls out for a special night and it did not disappoint! Every meal was deliciously prepared, from the watermelon gazpacho to the Boston cream pie. The views are spectacular, of course, and our waiter was attentive, yet not overbearing and was kind. A very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular sunset dinnerAleksDined on 8/24/2014The view was breathtaking-- waiter was a gem very sweet and recommended great wine. We loved our table for our first dinner at top of the hub. Def will back and requesting the corner table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date night!connecticutcoupleDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I had our first anniversary there. It was very lovely and the waitress was very very nice. She brought us to a side room near the window and was always accommodating. She asked us how visiting boston for our anniversary was and I was shocked that she even asked! I always thought no one reads those additional information boxes. She was so hyped about Boston she even answered questions we had about eventually residing there. The staff was very nice and so was the food and I will definitely be coming there next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only worth it for the viewIknowfoodandloveitDined on 8/24/2014Food is small. Started with the scallop appetizer, there was only two on there. French onion was a perfect crock. Then we ordered off of the dine out Boston menu. Aracini was delightful. My lamb was just ok and my mothers hake was awful. I tried a bite and the flavor lingered for a long time. I would never order that again. The raspberry white chocolate cake in my opinion was bad. My server was wonderful and she happily offered to get me the creme brûlée instead. It was probably the worst I have ever had. It tasted like they had brûléed the sugar a long time before hand. Overall come for the view sit in the lounge and enjoy the jazz bad. Food is over priced for what you get. I will only sit in the lounge from now on.Special Features:
- AmazingGoodFoodDined on 8/24/2014The service was impeccable, the views amazing, and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We were seated at a window as requested and the panoramic view was spectacular. Food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- BrunchJBarryDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful Sunday brunch the view, service and food were all outstanding!! Can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBalaramDined on 8/23/2014Food price reasonable, good scene, had our son's birthday, we'll response for the celebration, gave us candle with cake, was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to goBostonexpatriateDined on 8/23/2014Staff receptive and smart. Food was great. Service a little slow but the view made up for it. The wine list was varied in both price and product- something for everyone.Special Features:
- Great experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I was nervous about going to Top of the Hub based on some not so favorable reviews. However, we had a great experience. From checking in with the hostess to sitting at the window seat (that I requested). The food was very good and our server was very attentive and made sure we were well taken care of. Wonderful night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014great view, wait staff was excellent in explaining the menu optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad receptionist but others greatWinterDined on 8/23/2014I've been here before and had great experience. But this time a little disappointed. I invited two guests for dinner here. They are couple and the lady is pregnant. They arrived earlier than me so they sit at the bar to have a drink first. 5 minutes later I arrived and told receptionist we had the reservation. She said: are u all here? I said: yes, my friends have come and mentioned our reservation. Now they are sitting at the bar. And she commanded: "bring them here." WHAT??? 5 mins ago they just told u we had the reservation for 3 people, two of them were here and now I, the last person, come and tell u we r all here. You order me to bring a pregnant lady to the reception again??? Where is your respect? But later experience was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for locals and tourists alikecabbobDined on 8/23/2014We have been many times and have never been disappointed. I would strongly recommend requesting a table by the windows, overlooking the Charles River or Logan Airport. As far as the menu is concerned, we have tried many items and all fresh and delicious. The wait staff is very well polished and attentive without being intrusive. Parking is discounted if you have your ticket stamped. In short, I recommend this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie123Dined on 8/22/2014I had been to the top of the hub before and was pleased in the past but this time let's just say rudest hostess ever! First, she acted like we didn't have a reservation when my boyfriend arrived before me even though he said it was on open table. Then, when I showed up she gave us a table far from the beautiful views of the city when there were ample tables available near the windows. I have to say I am very disappointed. The server we had was nice and the food was decent but the hostess really soured our experience and we will not be returning.
- What a viewSandJUKDined on 8/22/2014First visit to Boston and couldn't decide if I should book a table at Top of the Hub prior to leaving the UK. So glad I did, as both my husband and I really enjoyed the food and wine and was so pleased we were given a window table to enjoy the amazing view whilst we dined. Would definitely recommend this place and it was one our highlights of a very enjoyable few days in the lovely city of Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A day in BostonPatand3girlsDined on 8/22/2014It was great dining at Top of the Hub! It made our day in the city. The location , the service, the food and the view were all outstanding. I would definitely go back there. Our waiter was very helpful when we had questions about the food and the area. It added a lot to our day in Boston.Special Features:
- Good for the viewJoeSDined on 8/21/2014This is not 'fine dining' by any means. The food was nothing special - honestly I'd put it on par with Red Lobster. Service was rushed - we received cocktails, bread, and soup within minutes of each other. Overall, it was a disappointing meal, only salvaged by the view.Special Features:
- It was all about the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014I can-not say enough good things about the Top of The Hub Restaurant. This is the second time my daughter visited, the food, the view, service both times were outstanding! We will be back 8/21/2015 and hopefully every year on 8/21 after that.Special Features:
- Dining at its best!!!jjcaffDined on 8/20/2014Fantastic food, view & service. Everything from beginning to the end was excellent. A dining delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placeby1992Dined on 8/20/2014This is THE best restaurant to go to if you want to enjoy the view and the food at the same time. Went for lunch during 'dine out Boston' week and it was a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I went to the Top of the Hub during Dine Out Boston for a 3 course lunch. The arancini was outstanding, and the main and dessert were good but not that memorable. The view was beautiful.Special Features: