226 Patriot Place
Foxboro, MA 02035Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.skipjacks.com/
- Phone: 5085432200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Andrew C. Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Peter Dowd 508-543-2200
- Entertainment: Bo Winiker Orchestra every Sunday during Brunch.
A word from Skipjack's Foxboro
Located at Patriot Place with views of Gillette Stadium. Skipjack's has devoted itself to importing the freshest seafood from around the world and offering it at the best prices in town. Skipjack's is a local favorite. Enjoy a Boston dining experience in the Foxboro suburbs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Skipjack's Foxboro reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- The food was quite good (weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2012The food was quite good (we had the fish & chips and sugar waffles for brunch) but the ambiance was so bad, I wouldn't recommend anyone go there. They had a live jazz band, which in theory is wonderful, but it was so loud, we all had to shout across the table all through brunch. We thought we would finally get some relief when the band went on break but the music playing over the speakers was even louder! We asked the wait staff if they could turn it down at all and the manager said that the music was already on the "lower setting" as if volume isn't continuous on their system. We all left brunch feeling frustrated instead of refreshed.
- Sat close to the bar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Sat close to the bar area with a large flat screen facing us not the greates ambiance would request another table if we return. Food and service was good.
- My husband and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012My husband and I have been to Skipjacks a few times. It's always been a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Food was somewhat flat andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/9/2012Food was somewhat flat and uninspiring. Portions were unusually small and fish tacos were close to room temp.
- Can Not Say Enough About ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/5/2012Can Not Say Enough About our Server, Meaghan. She is a GREAT Waitress!(food was Excellent)
- Haddock as so moist and fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Haddock as so moist and fresh. Micahel, our waiter was friendly and accommodating in every way.Special Features:
- Broiled scallops were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Broiled scallops were great and my husband got the special Sat night I believe it was salmon with risotti and he was very happy with the food and our waiter Michael .
- The manager, Peter was reallyCarolDined on 11/13/2012The manager, Peter was really terrific. He came over to our table to check on how the service and food was. That should be the norm for most restaurants but these day's sadly it is not. The food and service was great and you can see that the management really cares and is on top of the most important thing, the customer!
- consistant place-fresh fish,terryhDined on 10/26/2012consistant place-fresh fish, some interesting dishes(over the usual offerings of most fish restaurants), good service.2 small quibbles-we asked to have the music turned down and were told it was pre-programmed and it wouldn't be possible...the prices for the glasses of wine seemed high (I don't like to pay more for my glass of wine than for my app)Special Features:
- Shrimp with spinach scampiBirgsVIPDined on 10/13/2012Shrimp with spinach scampi a nice combination, only over-salted!Special Features:
- Good food, BAD serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2012The waiter we had seemed preoccupied with other tables or other things, so after we ordered he disappeared for long periods of time. We had to track him down whenever we wanted something. We had a group of 6, and spent a good amount of money. The service was NOT good.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The food was great! The rolls were a awesome delicious treat too. My only complaint would be we ordered the mussels and they were delicious but a little spicy but it was not mentioned on the menu. Our waiter was just wonderful, loved him, wish I remembered his name. He let us take our time, he was sweet and thoughtful, and new his stuff.Special Features:
- Good review from a non fish eater.EdKalDined on 9/21/2012Probably won't get the best review from me, as I am not a seafood lover. But the other three in our group all like fish. Basically, a good restaurant. Food is good, service is okay and prices are in line. Not my favorite, but we have been there a couple of times and probably will get back there again at some point.
- Food and service were greatSteveDined on 9/13/2012Food and service were great - looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Met friends for lunch whichOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2012Met friends for lunch which was excellent. It was during the week @ Patriot Place so quiet and very enjoyable. Would definately recommend it.Special Features:
- Skipjack's and Tavolino'SOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2012Skipjack's and Tavolino'S are my two favorite places to dine at Patriot Place before or after a game at Gillette Stadium. Good food at reasonable price - Skipjack's has the best lobster rolls you can find in greater Boston area.Special Features:
- We go here often and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We go here often and have found the food to be outstanding. The only food complaint that I have is that, on one occasion, the fried clam platter was extremely small. I felt scammed and should have complained at the time. The prices are fairly high which I have no problem paying as long as you are served appropriate portions.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner. DefinitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2012We had a great dinner. Definitely recommend this restaurant.
- EVERYTHING WAS FABULOUS !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012EVERYTHING WAS FABULOUS !!! WOULD GO AGAIN ,AGAIN AND AGAIN
- Went to SkipJack before aellaDined on 8/25/2012Went to SkipJack before a concert instead of tailgating. It was a nice change. All of us had the combo plate with swordfish, shrimp and a crabcake...it was very good. I'd definitely have it again. They also have a fun selection of cocktails. The outside seating is nice and has umbrellas to shelter from the strogest sun. I'll be back when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- We loved Skipjack's. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012We loved Skipjack's. It was better than ______ Seafoods. And that is a tough place to beat! The fish was the best I've had in years--- daily catch! I had the Haddock w/Skipjacks seasoning - out of this world. My partner had the haddock stuffed w/crab and served w/spinach. We enjoyed the wine and had the glass & 1/2. Fabulous dessert- home-baked bread pudding (light cocoa) was superb nestled under a light layer of fresh cream. The best!Special Features:
- Our waitress Kate was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2012Our waitress Kate was very accommodating. The bread was amazing. I had scallops-Kate was very informative about them-and very accurate-delicious. Salad was fresh-loved the lemon Thyme vinaigrette. My husband had the seafood platter-said it was a nice mix of various seafoods-all good and fresh. Our friends had sushi-very good-and Steak tips-also good. Overall a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Skipjacks always does a greatBottomline222VIPDined on 7/27/2012Skipjacks always does a great job. The service is top drawer and the seafood always perfectly prepared. This has been consistant since they opened the Foxboro locatin. Cudos to the management.Special Features:
- Only res available when madeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Only res available when made were very early. In requested outside, but we still had to wait and ate inside instead. A steady stream of diners came in and were seated right away outside and I don,t believe they had a res. There appeared to be many empty tables outside as we were leaving I found the prices very high for what we were served.Special Features:
- Overpriced hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Great location at Patriot Place but way overpriced for the quality of food.
- Nice local spot for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012I have been to Skipjack's Foxboro (as well as some of their other locations) many times, and I really enjoy the wide array of seafood options there. This was the first time I'd been there for their Sunday Jazz Brunch, and I would recommend it, as long as you don't mind loud music while you're eating! The brunch menu was intriguing and there were several options I wanted to try. I ended up selecting the Eggs Skipjack, which was an Eggs Benedict, but over crab cakes...rich and delicious. If you buy an entree and are there during brunch hours, you can have a $1 mimosa or bloody mary...couldn't pass that up! The mimosa was very tasty. My entire party of 5 seemed to enjoy the brunch experience. The only true negative was the loudness of the jazzSpecial Features:
- Excellent. Try their sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2012Excellent. Try their sushi menu, especially the roll with shrimp tempura layered and lobster salad. Fabulous!Special Features:
- Not only was the food unbelievable.jblca123Dined on 7/3/2012Not only was the food unbelievable...but the staff and service was amazing as sell! We were eating out of town and couldn't believe what a great place we found on a whim!Special Features:
- They had a great jazz bandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012They had a great jazz band playing through brunch. Food was fantastic. Love the $1 Bloody Mary at brunch.Special Features:
- This is not a good place forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/26/2012This is not a good place for a business dinner. We brought customer hoping for upscale yet casual dinner that would not be the entire evening. We sat at 6ish and it took until after 10 pm, for a party of 6! Very slow, inconsistant. Sushi was great & we should of stopped at that. Entrees were overcooked, sending back two that were cold & overcooked. Even the coffee was cold. Very disapointing, which we shared with the manager who was very nice. We normally bring clients to Davio's but really wanted great fish and a change. We really wanted this evening to be special & work, but, I am sorry to report, it did not.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012Food was amazing. Everything was made fresh, bread was hot, salmon was perfectly seasoned. The server handled our party of 6 with ease and a friendly demeanor. I would highly recommend this place to my friends and colleagues.Special Features:
- Hold the Jazz and it's perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012My wife and I celebrated Father's Day there. It's probably not the best time to rate a restaurant, but it was still a great experience. My Mahi-Mahi was very tasty, as was my wife's chicken. (I know because she brought a little home, which I ate later.) Only negative for us, maybe not for you, was the Jazz trio for the Jazz Brunch which was still going on when we arrived. Our hostess seated us at a small booth near the bar, which was empty at the time, and it was OK because it was far from the trio. After a few minutes they finished their gig and everything was great.Special Features:
- Always dependable. I thinkArnieVIPDined on 6/3/2012Always dependable. I think the waitress needs to learn the difference between local sea bass and "Chilean Sea Bass", though.
- This was our first time atJaniceDined on 5/28/2012This was our first time at Skipjack's. I ordered the cioppino. It was exactly as was described in the menu. It was fresh and delicious. My husband is not adventurous and ordered a cheeseburger. He said it also was very good. The wait-staff was very pleasant.Special Features:
- What a great Restaurant. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012What a great Restaurant. I wanted to take a very close friend to a great dinner. I've found great food, service and ambiance. Satisfaction awaits you. You may not have room for dessert. Take a walk and go back and enjoy dessert. When you complete your meal, you'll be delighted. A good meal for a good price and well worth it. We're going back soon. The baked stuffed lobster beckons.Special Features:
- Tasty and FreshOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/21/2012Food was very tasty and fresh, excellent service. Very nice flavor on the Gingered Sea Bass and Mahi Mahi Skip-Jack style. The Sushi Bento boxes were also excellent, nice variety in them. Normally, I don't like seeing TV's inside nice restaurants, but since its Pat's Place they can get away with it. They have a huge-screen projection TV, so if you want to watch a game when you eat, its the place. It was a Monday night, pretty quiet no reservation needed.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch here wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2012Mother's Day Brunch here was not the best. I found my meal (lox and potato pancakes) to be overly salty and the OMG shrimp were nothing to write home about. One person got sushi, which she enjoyed. Overall, a bit too expensive for what it was.
- Food and service were excellent,TimCDined on 5/6/2012Food and service were excellent, the jazz music was a little too loud.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the jazz group andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/6/2012Enjoyed the jazz group and the food was excellent. Overall a lovely brunch.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2012Excellent service, food, atmosphere. Would strongly recommendSpecial Features: