INDO Restaurant & Lounge
3295 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
INDO Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 650-494-9184x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indonesian, Southeast Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Tommy Charoen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer outside catering. Please give us a call or email with the details!
- Private Party Facilities: Our semi private room can accomodate up to 35 guests. Patio is available for any large parties of up to 150. Please give us a call or email with your event details!
- Private Party Contact: Bryan Lew 6504947168x
- Entertainment: Stay tuned, we will be your nightlife destination.
- Special Events: INDO Restaurant offers private dining to create the perfect setting for your special events. Our two private rooms can accommodate 20 to 80 guests, and our patio is perfect for cocktail receptions for up to 150.
A word from INDO Restaurant & Lounge
INDO Restaurant & Lounge is conveniently located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our culinary vision is of two goals to introduce authentic Indonesian dishes lead by Indonesian native Chef DeCuisine Deanna and offer interpretations of California/French cooking methods via a collaboration between Executive Chef Tommy & Chef Deanna. Our lounge offers craft cocktails made with fresh juices and premium spirits while also showcasing a unique international wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
INDO Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
INDO Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)good for groups (39)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)romantic (16)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The food is always well prepared,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2008The food is always well prepared, tasty, and has a slight kick. We have found the service to be above average. A nice twist on Asian cuisine.
- Not one of our better experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/9/2008Not one of our better experience at Straits - restaurant wasn't very full when we got there - but they were "out of menus" - so we got one about 5 minutes after sitting down - and then the hostess brought one by about 15 minutes later! - Food came out "as it was ready" - so one of us was finishing a salad - while the other sat there - then it was the other way around. - With our entree, the waiter suggested that we order a side of garlic noodles to go with a dish - well the noodles came out like 10 minutes after we completely finished eating everything! - Lastly - I was sort of interested in a lobster dish - but only if I didn't have to crack it, etc - wasn't interested in getting messy. The waiter assured me that the selection I choosSpecial Features:
- Pretty disappointing - fishOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2008Pretty disappointing - fish was fishy, the servers made multiple mistakes, and our bill was incorrect. Very disappointing.
- I was disappointed with eOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2008I was disappointed with e slow service. I took far too long to get our entrees after appetizers. Worse yet, they were delivered almost 10 minutes apart. Also rice was not served with my meal. I had to ask for it after receiving my entree. Based on my previous visits, I have higher expectations for service and cuisine at Straits. They need to pay more attention to detaails as noted above.Special Features:
- Used to be great, but disappointingDonHVIPDined on 5/5/2008Used to be great, but disappointing this trip. Service was slow, as only one fellow was taking orders, while 3 or 4 runners were doing other things. The sauces were wonderful, but calamari was rubbery. My mashed potatoes were served cold. I've been here at least 4 times before, while out here on business travel. This time my wife is with me, and I'd really built Straits up for her, but it was too bad this is what we got. It used to be my favorite Palo Alto restaurant, reminding me of a trip to Singapore.
- there was a group and we weren'tRyanDined on 4/30/2008there was a group and we weren't part of that. our fault for asking to sit outside, i guess. we got fair/good service and it was noisy. the patio was not well appointed -- looked like were in back of someone's garage with all the junk around and the fans and stuff. they should try harder to make it nice. certainly charged enough to make me want it to be more nice.
- Food was very good, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/29/2008Food was very good, as usual. There was one hicup: we ordered a half-bottle of champagne, which was warm but an ice bucket came with it. Unfortunately, the server filled two glasses right away, instead of either waiting or serving just a little bit so the champagne would chill.Special Features:
- We enjoy the food at Straitslove2dyneDined on 4/26/2008We enjoy the food at Straits although we've noticed that the prices are going up and the serving sizes are smaller. The tables inside are too close together and the restaurant is noisy. It is a good but not great dining experience.
- I have eaten at the StraitsNancyleeVIPDined on 4/25/2008I have eaten at the Straits in San Francisco in the Westfield Center. The food was delicious---beautiful, vibrant colors and clean flavors. I was looking foward to taking some friends from the peninsula to the Palo Alto lovation. It was REALLY disappointing. We had many dishes, and none were all that great. We got delivered the "fresh" spring rools by accident (we'd ordered the fried ones), and they were dried out and kind of cardboard-ish. Calimari greasy with no soggy breading. The waiter brought us the ones that we ordered after we told him of the mistake, but they were quite greasy. The halibut dish was just awful, dried out, and with a very eggy wash on it. Ugh. Anyway, after trying maybe 6 or 7 dishes we left, and I apologized.
- The food was very good andCLGCADined on 4/25/2008The food was very good and our service was excellent. Very knowledgeable about the different dishes and helped one of our guests find something without peanuts due to an allergy. My only comment would be to add some tableware that is more ethnic so that it doesn't feel so "generic" as the tables have plain cutlery, glassware, etc. Investing in just a few of these items would add more ambiance and make the overall experience more differentiated.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2008The food was excellent, especially the mussels. Our waiter was very attentive and pleasant, which made the meal even better.Special Features:
- Waiter took forever to getOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2008Waiter took forever to get drink order. When drink order comes it is wrong. A busboy finally comes to correct it. The rice orders were wrong (3 coconut rice vs. 2 Jasmine rice and 1 coconut rice). The chicken in the Hainan Chicken Rice isn't flavorful enough (I've had the ones in Singapore, the one at Strait's doesn't come close).
- I goes to Strait all the time.lkaoDined on 4/13/2008I goes to Strait all the time. This is very fine restaurant. Yesterday's meal is another good one I had.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008This was our first time at Straits Cafe in Palo Alto but it will definitely not be our last. Service was exceptional and food was teriffic. A-Plus!!Special Features:
- We did have a lovely meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008We did have a lovely meal, and a most enjoyable experience overall (we were celebrating my husband's birthday). However, the evening was marred somewhat by a man at the next table talking on his cellphone. A restaurant of this quality should have an enforced policy about such a lack of courtesy.Special Features:
- I usually love straits restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008I usually love straits restaurant, but the service this time was wanting. OUr waiter tried too hard, was irritating, pushy and annoying. He needs to learn the art of being helpful and attending and friendly instead. As long as our waiter left us alone, we had a great time and great meal.Special Features:
- Very good food...great service....wTonyDVIPDined on 4/2/2008Very good food...great service....will be back and bring friends!!Special Features:
- Even though the place wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/27/2008Even though the place wasn't crowded at all, I definitely got the feeling they wanted us out, which was a little off-putting. We'd had a fairly large meal with drinks and it seemed the wait staff was really in a rush for us to give up the table, despite seeing many empty ones around us.
- I have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/17/2008I have been to this restaurant several times. This last time, the place was almost empty, the service was quick but filled with errors (wrong drinks, twice), and the food was over-cooked (e.g., tough, dry shrimp). We took a job candidate here, because it used to be good. I will not go here again until I hear that it has substantially improved.
- i didn"t feel the food orOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2008i didn"t feel the food or ambiance was as good as the Burlingame or Santana Row Straits. Usually I really love the food.Special Features:
- Great food, wide variety ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2008Great food, wide variety of flavors at a good priceSpecial Features:
- We've been to Straits beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/8/2008We've been to Straits before and have enjoyed it; enough to go back now and then. However, this time we all agreed that the stars aligned. The food was fantastic (we all over ate). The service was superb: fast, courteous, engaging, and accommodating. The drinks hit the spot. Normally we order wine, but when a bar infuses their own booze, it's always worth trying. We will certainly go back a little more often.Special Features:
- I proposed to my wife hereOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2008I proposed to my wife here several years ago so this place has a special spot in my heart! If you want a romantic place with excellent food this is it! No special request has ever been denied here and the service is impeccable, I like to call ahead and have a bottle of champagne waiting at the table!!! The Origami Sea Bass is the best I've ever had in my life and I've travelled the world extensively!Special Features:
- The food is fantastic. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2007The food is fantastic. We especially enjoyed the wok roasted muscles. The outdoor covered patio is great for a romantic dinner for two. The waiters are very attentive and accomodating.Special Features:
- The food is always ok at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/25/2007The food is always ok at this restaurant. However, the last time I went with a large party, the waiter added over 6 extra dishes to our bill which we never ordered or received. He was trying to cheat us, hoping that in a large party, no one would notice. When we realized that no one ordered dessert, and yet there were 3 on the bill, we confronted the waiter and manager. We received no apology... I haven't been back. They've probably cheated me in the past, and I just never knew it...
- Eat. Here. Now.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2005Eat. Here. Now. Straits is a favorite for me and all my friends and co-workers. WHAT a treat to eat the Sea Bass or the Roti appetizer. Also the tuna appetizer. *** we love Straits ***Special Features: