1710 West Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caperseatanddrink.com/
- Phone: 4083745777
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: ADRIAN J. MULLEN
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have us cater your party or we can prepare the food for your party for pickup.If local we can deliver.Our banquet menus are online at caperseatanddrink.com Pricing is very reasonable.We also can allow you to use our catering equipment for a small rental fee.We can create special menus tailored to the occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Wecan accommodate up to 130 guests.Available for buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Kam Razavi 4082031664
- Entertainment: we have numerous HD flatscreen large tvs to watch sporting events simultaneously with music played in the background.be it ncaa, nba, nfl, rugby,baseball, soccer,softball, water sports, racing ,etc. we air it all.during football season come root for your favorite team and enjoy our brunch.if you are having a special event live music is allowed.we feature a classic Irish band every first Saturday of the month.Kids, parents,everyone is welcome.There is plenty of room and lots of new friends to meet in our friendly ,cozy, casual yet classy restaurant.
- Special Events: MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL MENU brunch 9 TO 3:EGGS BENEDICT,FRENCH TOAST,VEGETARIAN SCRAMBLE,NY STEAK&EGGS PLUS REGULAR MENU ALLDAY AFTER 3 WE WILL FEATURE 4 SPECIALS, FILET&PRAWNS,BAKED HALIBUT, BRAISED SHORT RIBS,ROAST RACK OF LAMB AND OUR REGULAR MENU
A word from Capers
Capers Eat And Drink features casual American bistro dining at its finest in a comfortable, cozy , chic setting.Our friendly staff will serve wholesome meals, appetizers, desserts,and we also have a children's menu, all prepared by our awesome team of chefs.Our friendly bartenders can serve your favorite beverages or try one of our signature martinis. As you walk in Capers you'll see a horse-shoe shaped bar with many tables surrounding and our kitchen on the right side.We also have a patio directly in front. Our large menu has many appetizers to choose from , from crispy calamari to carpaccio,and sandwiches such as Monte Cristo to our infamous Grilled Chicken Sandwich, beautiful salads, spinach to wedge, wonderful dinner choices,such as our cajun ahi tuna to porterhouse steak.We have pastas, hearty soups We serve lunch and dinner daily,with a brunch on Sundays.Capers has a happy hour with drink and food specials .Please take our virtual tour at CAPERSEATANDDRINK.COM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Capers - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Capers reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (15)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Tasty but loudmsxcskiDined on 7/13/2013We had dinner at Capers on a Saturday evening about 7. It was about 75% full. Staff were welcoming and we were lead to our table quickly. Our orders were taken in good time and served in a reasonable time. I had a well seasoned Chicken Marsala. Very tasty and tender. I had my vegetables steamed instead of the usual sautéed and they we're done just right - tender but still with some crispness. My husband had lasagna which he described as "okay." It came with garlic bread, also "okay." Our major disappointment was the noise level. . It has also become a sports bar with multiple TVs on at least two walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good. Not aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2013Food is always good. Not a place for a quiet one on oneSpecial Features:
- the food was excellent. winedinerDined on 7/5/2013the food was excellent. wine was good. The service was poor, we were there on a Fri night and it wasn't very busy. Our bread was brought to us after we had finished eating and no refills on the water. I have been there before and have always had a good experience but the service was horrible the last timeSpecial Features:
- Still noisyRobFVIPDined on 7/3/2013Continue to go to Capers for the food. Excellent flavors, variety, value and portion size. However, I have to be in the mood for a very noisy dining experience. Hate to sound like a broken record, but my only reservation on dining there is the noise level. Have to be in the mood to shout to my dining companions in order to carry on a conversation. Pity, as the food is outstanding. Maybe I should wear ear plugs and use text messaging with my guests (just kidding). Please do something about the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great standardtahiya8Dined on 6/18/2013This is our regular choice for what I call a sparkle meal, when you want to have something other than your workaday food and going out sounds good, but you don't really have a special occasion or excuse. Just a nice hang out dinner with good friends over good food and drinks with some little indulgences that don't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campbell treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2013Our family has been going to Capers for quite a long time and we still love the place after many years. The service is excellent and they are very kid friendly. The food is great although they menu needs some new items or at least more "specials" occasionally. The bar makes great mixed drinks and the portions are great value for the money.Special Features:
- Food is always good. We haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2013Food is always good. We have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- SoundproofingRobFVIPDined on 5/27/2013Continue to come back for the food. Every dish we've had has been excellent, portions good, and a wide variety. However, we have to be in the mood for a loud experience. No quite casual talking, you must be able to speak up to be heard by your tablemate(s). Wish the owners would do something about the noise level with some soundproofing, or white-noise, or something. Can't take my in-laws there (80's) there as they can't hear us, nor can we hear them (they can't talk loud enough). Other than the loud atmosphere, excellent.
- The food and service was good---gotJulieDined on 5/11/2013The food and service was good---got seated near the door, and it was cold. Other customers were walking around us---was seated very oddly--we were a group of 6. We would have probably enjoyed our dinner more if we had a better table. Very loud crowd.Special Features:
- averagefoodloverVIPDined on 5/11/2013a bit on the pricy side. some interesting menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choiceMontanasMomVIPDined on 5/5/2013There menu was varied and reasonably priced. The bar drinks were good and they have big screens so my husband was able to watch some baseball. It was a good family choice since they seemed to have something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi Caps for CapersPieraliDined on 5/1/2013Things went well, our waitress was super attentive without being intrusive. The receptionist initially sat us on a noisy and crowded table when I had reserved the night before and there were other more quiet and scenic tables available. We were even early birders, so I don't get the point of it. Try to please your customers, especially when first timers on Silicon Valley restaurant week. Food was good, but I would rather have my mozarella caprese salad with the tomatoes, with olive oil extra virgin rather than with a vinagraitte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry if i say it again, butRobFVIPDined on 4/13/2013Sorry if i say it again, but you guys really should do something with sound-proofing. We love going to Capers, but we have to be in the mood to put up with a VERY loud atmosphere to go and eat.
- I have been to Capers severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2013I have been to Capers several times and enjoyed it each time. We were trying to decide where to go for dinner, and a friend suggested searching Open Table. Capers came up and we thought "Great!" I thoroughly enjoyed my flank steak salad and it didn't ruin my diet!Special Features:
- I really enjoyed our EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013I really enjoyed our Easter dinner, the food was very good & the service was great! Would go back again.Special Features:
- Food is always OK, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2013Food is always OK, service is always OK, please is always a bit noisy. Same time, predictable and OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good! ItShannonVIPDined on 3/9/2013The food was very good! It was a bit noisy for a relaxing dinner but if you don't really care what the person across the table from you is saying, it's fine. We had a table of 6 and found ourselves yelling to hear each other. Our waitress was trying her best, but there was a large group she was tending to, which made her attention on us very difficult; she always seemed in a hurry and didn't really pay attention to refilling drinks and such. I noticed many families as well as couples and groups, so there is definitely a good mix of patrons. Overall, our experience was good enough to go back and next time we will better know what to expect.Special Features:
- Gonna Have To Step It Up CapersRobo44Dined on 2/21/2013The Chef must of had an off day because we go to Capers regularly and always had a decent meal. However this time a few thing were definately cooked pooorly and it did affect our overall dinner. The sauce Honey Mustard on the Chicken Picatta was more like a thick brown gravey and chicken was over cooked,& the Pasta Dish I had was undercooked and cold.The bread was stale and tasted like it was left out all night. Gonna think twice about making Capers out first choice but they definately need to step it upSpecial Features:
- Pretty poor experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I went to Capers on valentine's day with my fiancé because it looked like a nice little bar and grill type place, and for all intensive purpose it was. We had reservations through open table and when we went in they seemed to have two reservation queue and a standby queue. It was very disorganized and there was not really any room to wait for the table. When I walked in to give the reservation name they said it would be about 15-20 minutes for a table with the reservation. It seemed as though they did not really prepare well for the reservations they had. Once we finally were seated it took a very long time for our server to take our orders. We ordered soda waters which ended up being $3.50 each. Overall the experience was very poor.Special Features:
- Very happy regular customerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013This is a fantastic neighborhood spot. Always enjoy ourselves when we are there. Parking can be a little challenging sometimes however that never stops us .Special Features:
- Probably won't be backSnobotVIPDined on 2/9/2013I have the spicy ahi and my friend has the crab cake salad. They are both just ok. I have way better for a lower price. Maybe their sandwiches are better. I don't think I will go back anytime soon even though it is in my neighborhood. The restaurant was crowded though so maybe I am just not ordering the right thing.
- Host failed to honor our reservatiogoldenarmVIPDined on 2/8/2013Host failed to honor our reservation and seated us at an open bar table that was in the isle of waiters, customers at the bar, and hostess station.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised. ThoughtOutandaboutVIPDined on 2/2/2013Pleasantly surprised. Thought this was just bar food, but Capers has a great menu and the food is well prepared. Great place for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- Find it and try it. A local gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013This is only a few blocks from my home, and we keep forgetting that it's here. I have no idea why, It's a lovely upscale restaurant that would be fine compared to others in its ilk in Los Gatos or Saratoga, and quite a bit more personable and pleasant to be in than in crowded Santana Row.Special Features:
- Food is excellent, with plentyRobFVIPDined on 1/28/2013Food is excellent, with plenty of options. Been coming here for some time and haven't had a bad meal. However, it is very loud. As long as your prepared for it, you'll love your meal.
- We walked into the restaurantbbergVIPDined on 1/25/2013We walked into the restaurant and realized we would not be able to hear our own conversation due to the horrible acoustics, and quickly walked out. I hear the food is good, but we will never return. Note that I had to make selections for Food and Service that we did not experience in order to submit this review.
- Noisy, crowded, FOOD AWESOME!!!GBPTADined on 1/18/2013We had been given a gift card from a client so we decided to try it out. It was my birthday which was a Friday. The place is small, tables too close and they do everything they can to pack you in! It is so noisy you have to talk very loud to hear each other but with all that said, the food was outstanding!!! I would go again but I would never attempt a weekend night or a night where there is a game on t.v. We have already talked about going again with friends during the week.Special Features:
- We went here for Brunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/13/2013We went here for Brunch on a Sunday. We arrived shortly after they opened, and the staff seemed a little surprised to have someone come in so early. We were the only customers there for about a half an hour. They were showing a football game on all of their screens, and so by the time we left, there were a half a dozen or so other customers there, watching the game. The food and service were fine, nothing amazing, but certainly nothing bad, either. I'd love to come back during happy hour when a game is playing. I bet it would be a fun place for that sort of thing.
- Kudos to Capers for honingfiftyishfoodieDined on 1/4/2013Kudos to Capers for honing in on a loyal clientele, and from all appearances keeping them very happy. The place was packed with regulars on a Friday night, perhaps spilling over from their Happy Hour. The crowd was 40-something and above, congenial, like a neighborhood joint. A few less tables in the bar and dining areas would add comfort. I almost left because we were squished in like sardines. We were offered another table, and I appreciated that. The food was decent, with maybe too many offerings on the menu to put out an exceptional meal. Also, too much goopy cheese on the scalloped potatoes. The drinks were good, but on the small side for the price. I would bring my husband here for a burger, on a quiet night.Special Features:
- We were there on new yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2012We were there on new years eve and it was very crowded. We had the reservation and were seated promptly. The food was good, but overpriced in our opinion. For having a sports bar atmosphere they are charging fine dining prices.
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012This place was really overpriced, the food was bland and the drinks were extremely heavy in alcohol but had no flavor. The mixers were also flat. This is not someplace I will be returning to in the future.
- Too loud and slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2012Busy night and glad we had a reservation. Seated quickly yet long wait for first contact. Very, very noisy and loud place. Had to shout to be heard by my wife sitting next to me. Dishes rattling, loud bar scene, and very poor acoustics - my throat was sore by the end of the meal and I didn't talk much. Excellent food though.
- I keep coming back to CapersRobFVIPDined on 12/27/2012I keep coming back to Capers for the food. However, the noise level for dinner is not appealing. We have switched to going for lunch because of the noise at night, however we tried it once again hoping for the best. Unfortunately, it remains a very noisy environment on busy nights (week nights not so bad). I love the food quality and taste, never had a poor meal. If only they could do something about the noise.Special Features:
- The restaurant was busy. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/21/2012The restaurant was busy. We did not get our table on time but were not forgotten. The manager quickly asked us for a drink request (on the house) while waiting so the experience was very good. They take care of the customer.Special Features:
- second annual Christmas dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012second annual Christmas dinner. It was great. we had 17 people. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Noise level is very high.love2eatDined on 12/14/2012Noise level is very high. Makes it difficult to talk to each other across the table for large parties. We had a party of 8 and was happy with the setup... which allowed a circle-like sitting pattern... so everyone can see and talk to each other. Thanks for not putting us in one long rectangular table setup. The food was great! Little pricey for us, but we were OK with it being a holiday party. Tough on the wallet for us since we are all teacher aides in the local school district. Not enough pay... state budget cuts... what can we say? We're just glad we have a job and are able to go out to celebrate at a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- 12/12/12 Wedding lunchakodaVIPDined on 12/12/2012I booked a post wedding lunch at the last minute and the staff was fabulous. We had a late lunch so fortunately we could get a table for 11 people. The food was very good and the menu has a wider selection of vegetarian entrees than many other places. Everyone in the party said that they would come back because there were many other menu options that they wanted to try. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- I have eaten at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012I have eaten at this restaurant many times. The noise level has always been a problem. This particlar evening it was exceptionally loud as there were several large groups. The food was very bland. I probably won't go back again.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2012Food was good, service was a little slow. Our server seemed to be distracted. Putting a table with a large party that included children right at the entrance to the restaurant was probably poor judgement on management's partSpecial Features:
- This is not my first visitKappylandDined on 11/26/2012This is not my first visit to Capers and again they did not disappoint. The menu is diverse for a large group and everyone was happy with their meal. Also enjoyed the 2-for-1 martinis at the table. Most places make you sit at the bar to enjoy the specials.Special Features: