1710 West Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caperseatanddrink.com/
- Phone: 4083745777
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: ADRIAN J. MULLEN
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have us cater your party or we can prepare the food for your party for pickup.If local we can deliver.Our banquet menus are online at caperseatanddrink.com Pricing is very reasonable.We also can allow you to use our catering equipment for a small rental fee.We can create special menus tailored to the occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Wecan accommodate up to 130 guests.Available for buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Kam Razavi 4082031664
- Entertainment: we have numerous HD flatscreen large tvs to watch sporting events simultaneously with music played in the background.be it ncaa, nba, nfl, rugby,baseball, soccer,softball, water sports, racing ,etc. we air it all.during football season come root for your favorite team and enjoy our brunch.if you are having a special event live music is allowed.we feature a classic Irish band every first Saturday of the month.Kids, parents,everyone is welcome.There is plenty of room and lots of new friends to meet in our friendly ,cozy, casual yet classy restaurant.
- Special Events: MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL MENU brunch 9 TO 3:EGGS BENEDICT,FRENCH TOAST,VEGETARIAN SCRAMBLE,NY STEAK&EGGS PLUS REGULAR MENU ALLDAY AFTER 3 WE WILL FEATURE 4 SPECIALS, FILET&PRAWNS,BAKED HALIBUT, BRAISED SHORT RIBS,ROAST RACK OF LAMB AND OUR REGULAR MENU
A word from Capers
Capers Eat And Drink features casual American bistro dining at its finest in a comfortable, cozy , chic setting.Our friendly staff will serve wholesome meals, appetizers, desserts,and we also have a children's menu, all prepared by our awesome team of chefs.Our friendly bartenders can serve your favorite beverages or try one of our signature martinis. As you walk in Capers you'll see a horse-shoe shaped bar with many tables surrounding and our kitchen on the right side.We also have a patio directly in front. Our large menu has many appetizers to choose from , from crispy calamari to carpaccio,and sandwiches such as Monte Cristo to our infamous Grilled Chicken Sandwich, beautiful salads, spinach to wedge, wonderful dinner choices,such as our cajun ahi tuna to porterhouse steak.We have pastas, hearty soups We serve lunch and dinner daily,with a brunch on Sundays.Capers has a happy hour with drink and food specials .Please take our virtual tour at CAPERSEATANDDRINK.COM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Capers - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Capers reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A reasonably priced alternativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2008A reasonably priced alternative to the pricier Los Gatos venues. Wait staff was there when we needed them without being obtrusive. Food was tasty and met all our expectations.Special Features:
- Service was good. SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2008Service was good. Seating was available at time i reserved. Even had live music towards the end of our dinner. Food was delicious.
- I have been to Capers a dozenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2008I have been to Capers a dozen of times, AWESOME Kalamari apprtizers and prawns. Great service, friendly waitstaff.Special Features:
- This was my family's firstJackieBDined on 11/9/2008This was my family's first experience at Capers and I am sorry to say that the experience was not good. We were initially escorted to a table right next to the restroom hallway with an intense smell of chlorine and bleach in the air! We requested a change of table, which was met with no problem, especially since the restaurant was more than 80% empty. The chicken dish was dry, overly fried and bland. My young son's french fries were cold. Our service was good and polite.
- Food was above average...serviceSassyGreekDined on 11/7/2008Food was above average...service was excellent and perfect timing between appetizers/cocktails to main course. I would defintely recommend this restaurant without hesitation.Special Features:
- Capers is my neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2008Capers is my neighborhood favorite. Whether you seek decadent martinis to celebrate the end of a grueling work week or dinner after a movie, you can find it at Capers. I have been here for a 5oth birthday buffet, girls night out, a date night with my husband, a celebration after little league and much more. It's always just what we're looking for. I take my out-of-town business associates here and it is the place they always ask to return to when in town. It is the combination of neighborhood sports bar, comfy bistro setting and reliable "comfort food" that is the key. The marvelous appetizers such as the calamarmi(with jalapenos!) and the tomato, mozarella, basil are meal worthy. But the steaks and pasta are great too.Special Features:
- Good place to meet a friendLunchpersonDined on 10/21/2008Good place to meet a friend on a weeknight if your primary focus is being in an environment to easily talk and not feel rushed. I thought the Chinese Chicken Salad was bland and could have used some almonds, mandarin oranges or something other than lettuce/cabbage with a bit of chicken.Special Features:
- The service was great andRubyVIPDined on 9/27/2008The service was great and personable. The food was wonderful especially enjoyed the calamari and ahi tuna. We enjoyed the martini recommendations from our waitress. It's a small restaurant but great for smaller groups of 5 or less. It's a good stop before a movie or you just want to wind down.Special Features:
- Too much of a sport bar atmosphereFemmeNataleDined on 9/18/2008Too much of a sport bar atmosphere and mediocre food.
- We went on a Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2008We went on a Monday night so we were seated and served rather quickly. It was a flawless night, our server Daniel was super sweet and attentive. It looks like a great place to hang out for happy hour with the bar located in the middle of the restaraunt. Nice style, very lofty, food was great. Recommend steak bites apetizer however it will fill you up as it comes with vegetables. We will be back especially since we live so close and our first experience was so great.Special Features:
- The service was spotty--afterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2008The service was spotty--after being served pasta and expecting to be offered parmesan, I waited for the waiter to come back--I finally had to get up and go find her. That was truly annoying. The coffee was old and I suspect not decaf, since I was awake for a good part of the night. Not a memorable experience--I won't go back to Capers.
- The was very good, as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2008The was very good, as was the service. The Kaluha Flavored Cheesecake for Desert was particuarly tasty. I would go as far as to say that it may have been the best cheesecake I ever had.Special Features:
- While the food was good, itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/26/2008While the food was good, it definitely seemed overpriced, especially given the sports bar environment. I probably won't go back.
- Good food. It's a sportsFoodieFunVIPDined on 6/26/2008Good food. It's a sports bar trying to be upscale. The food and drinks are pricey. Large quantity of food. But it was $13 for a French Dip sandwich. Pricey.
- Not good service from ourMD1111VIPDined on 6/23/2008Not good service from our waiter during Happy Hour. I had made reservations for 6 people and he did not come by to take food order. I had been there since 4:00 and we had only gotten our drink orders. When we asked if we could order food off the Happy Hour menu he told us that Happy Hour time was over. It was a couple of minutes after 6:00 pm. Our group decided to go next door to Hawgs and order our food there. Very dissappointed with lack of attentiveness.
- Food was decent - expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2008Food was decent - expected more, especially for the price. Had the Seared Tuna which was supposed to be rare but turned out medium. Still wasn't bad. The Lambs Shanks had little flavor and disappointing. Calamari appetizer was good.Special Features:
- everything was GREAT. Veryluv2dineVIPDined on 6/9/2008everything was GREAT. Very clean and professionl, classy service. Crisp clean menu.. excellent presentation . Freindly atmoshpere,. enjoyed our experiece there very muchSpecial Features:
- I really enjoyed having myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008I really enjoyed having my birthday dinner at capers. The atmosphere was great , kinda small but the service was outstanding, and they were so accommodating throughout our dinner. I'm really very impressed with everything at this FINE restaurant. The food especially, was like nothing I've ever tried before. I can't wait to go back for lunch. Also I will definitely refer this wonderful place to everyone I know. So THANK YOU!!! for making my dining experience one that I won't ever forget, That's for SURE!! Best Regards ,Special Features:
- Overall very good, but thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2008Overall very good, but thought it was little crowded, the service was good, but I did not feel like that an attempt was made to make this memorable. A good location for business Lunch, I will be going there again, but Capers need to try to be there. Food was good, I had seared ahi tuna - a good quality meal, with good portion to fill you, well cooked and well presented.Special Features:
- Very loud! Food ok, scampiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2008Very loud! Food ok, scampi somewhat overcooked. Entrees rather expensive.Special Features:
- We had a lovely meal, anddh490311VIPDined on 5/25/2008We had a lovely meal, and Capers is fast becoming a favorite. It's convenient to the AMC Saratoga 14 theaters, so this will be a new destination for our dinner-and-a-movie nights. The baby back ribs in particular were the meatiest I've ever seen, literally falling off the bone so that picking them up was unthinkable, and the fries that accompanied them were superb. My mixed green salad could have used some more dressing, but the onion rings we shared more than made up for this slight disappointment. They come with ketchup and a second dipping sauce that was perfect for them. The restaurant initially reported us as a no-show, but faxing the receipt to OpenTable's superb customer service team quickly resolved that one glitch. Keep receipts!Special Features:
- I ordered a Cobb salad, whichsympatheticEarDined on 5/19/2008I ordered a Cobb salad, which for me is a very specific salad with lettuce as a base, and then each other ingredient placed separately in wedges on top: avocado, bacon, blue cheese, tomato, chopped egg, chicken. However, it was all mixed together with no avocado. I asked for a vinaigrette dressing, which was very thick and hard to drizzle on. The taste was ok. I enjoyed being with my friend, and it was all very pleasant, but I would not be in a big hurry to return.
- The food is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2008The food is excellent and the service is very efficient. Thanks.Special Features:
- My family and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008My family and I really enjoyed the dining experience at Capers. It was friendly, and had a casual elegance about it. The food was served timely, hot and very tasty. The best part of all is that it was not pretentious as some other moderate to expensive dining facilities that we've been. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- When we arrived at CapersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2008When we arrived at Capers on time, we requested a half table/half booth since the place was empty and we were told "NO" because they said they were already booked. Funny enough that no one sat there the whole time we ate. We were seated near the bar which left us wide open for everyone to pass by as they entered the restaurant. We also noticed the bartender scoop out a cube of ice from a glass with his bare hands and then proceed to serve the drink, that was disgusting. I would not return to this restaurant. The prices are too high and the quality was poor.Special Features:
- I was expecting nicer fareOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008I was expecting nicer fare considering the prices, it ended up being more like an expensive sports bar and grill. Service was great in the beginning, but I think they were under-staffed as at the end we were largely forgotten.Special Features:
- More of a sports bar thanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008More of a sports bar than anything, the food was fine with a good fish selection and the wine (David Bruce Syrah) was enjoyed by all and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- I was very pleasantly surpriseddh490311VIPDined on 5/5/2008I was very pleasantly surprised by Capers. I had the marinated stir-fry with both chicken and shrimp, and my companion got the tomato and mozzarella sandwich. I thought the food was a definite cut above anything I've had recently in a similar price range. This isn't a convenient neighborhood for me to get to, but you can be sure we'll make it one of our regular destinations for excellent meals. It's worth a special trip.Special Features:
- This place has great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2008This place has great food. It has the feel of a small sports bar, with Ahi Tuna and juicy steaks on the menu. Great offerings menu choices. They also have about 5 large screen TV's so it is a great place to dine during a sports game. The restaurant is small, with the bar in the center, but still remains spacious. Friendly and prompt service. Definately going back!Special Features:
- First impression: Mixed Signals!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/4/2008First impression: Mixed Signals! We looked at the website, which said that brunch was served until 1:30pm. When we sat down, we were not given a brunch menu (our main reason for going). When we asked the hostess, she said brunch ends at 12:00, but that it would be ok to order. The server said "ends at 12:30 but would be ok to order per the kitchen". EIther the website needs to change, or people to communicate better. Service needs work. We only had one set of utensils (for a party of 2), and asked our server to bring us the set even before the food came. When the food came, we asked him again. Still he did not go get this.Aalmost ten minutes later I caught his attention and had to wave my own fork in the air at him. Food was cold by thenSpecial Features:
- We love their tomato-roastedPamSVIPDined on 4/30/2008We love their tomato-roasted garlic soup at every visit. The appetizers and entrees have always been very tasty. Capers is a fun place to watch televised sporting events because there are many tv's that are up high on the walls so you always have an unobstructed view of the games.Special Features:
- Wine list could stand someOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2008Wine list could stand some improvement, but Capers has always been a nice place for my wife and I to go for a nice meal, at a reasonable price. As always, the wait staff was excellent. Kudos to Monica for her always excellent service.Special Features:
- For lunch I ordered the chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2008For lunch I ordered the chicken wrap because it looked like a bargain. It was wrapped in a small tortilla with a small amount of fries. I wasn't satisfied with the quantity. An unmemorable visit.
- The food was good. Our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2008The food was good. Our waitress was not. She forgot our drinks and we had to remind her about it. She was not attentive in any way. When taking our order she just looked at us then would daydream. She was very quiet and seemed drunk like. Even though she wasnt she seemed that way. I dont think I would return to this place unless someone else wanted to go. I would like to say the hostess was very pleasant.Special Features:
- We are Friday night regulars.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2008We are Friday night regulars. Nice neighborhood restaurant with reliable dishes.Special Features:
- This was not my first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008This was not my first time eating at Capers, and, as always, the food was great, the drinks were excellent, the service top notch. Campbell is very lucky to have such a wonderful restaurant. I am glad it is in my neighborhood. ' ps. my boys loved the sports display case.Special Features:
- Way overpriced for what itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2008Way overpriced for what it is. I went with a group of 6 and the entrees we ordered ranged from $17-$23. No one ordered steak/seafood so not sure how the prices are for those. I'd say the food we ordered was worth the $12-15 range at most. Despite the food, the service was excellent. I may go back for the bar, but likely won't eat there again.Special Features:
- Loved the interior of theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2008Loved the interior of the restaurant, bread was good, the salads we ordered were of generous size and flavorful--will go back again.Special Features:
- Always my favorite! CapersOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2008Always my favorite! Capers and The Loft are always tops on my list for great food and drinks!Special Features: