Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/kendallsBrasserie/
- Phone: 2139727322x
- Hours of Operation:
View Spring Hours Here:
Saturday - Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–2:30PM
Saturday and Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
WEEKEND MATINEE LUNCH
Saturdays and Sundays 11:30AM–2:30PM
(On matinee performance dates only)
Tuesday – Sunday 5PM–Close
Dinner and Supper seating closes 1 hour after the final performance.
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Bosc
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call 213 972 3028 for more information.
A word from Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
Kendall's is a stylish, fast-paced French brasserie offering Contemporary cuisine for lunch, dinner and late supper. **Guests who are attending performances at the Music Center/Disney Concert Hall must make their dinner reservations two hours in advance of the performance time. Guests not allowing two hours risk missing the performance.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)fit for foodies (67)great for lunch (66)neighborhood gem (52)great for brunch (51)romantic (44)notable wine list (35)good for groups (33)late-night find (29)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (23)hot spot (13)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Gets better and betterJudyVIPDined on 5/24/2014As regulars for both dinner and weekend brunch, we continue to be impressed by all the innovations of the chef and Parisian manager Laura, both of whom are transforming Kendall's as the place to dine not only before the Music Center but any time we want a meal downtown. In fact, we chose it for a recent son's MBA graduation dinner from USC - and received raves from all our guests. Most recently the brunch: tried the lemon ricotta pancakes with Meyer lemon; amazing. Can't wait to try the fresh beignets. Dinner menu also has several items on my "to do" list. For service, the absolute best servers are Marlon and Natasha, but all staff have become very patron-oriented as well.Special Features:
- Great for pre-theatrehatboxVIPDined on 5/24/2014The menu is wonderful. the old menu was tired, and now there is a new spirit about the place. The food is very good now!!Special Features:
- Kendall's Ups Its GameRichardGDined on 5/21/2014Kendall's has been a Music Center staple for years and does a great job. I eat at Kendall's at least 7-8 times a year when attending an opera or show downtown. Food and service has always been excellent. Recently, food has simply gotten outstanding. A revised menu is better than ever and the food has become as good as any of the high end places in town. In a town exploding with new and hip places, Kendall's has clearly held its own and continues to shine.Special Features:
- A touch of Paris in LALADinerDined on 5/21/2014Kendall's Brasserie brings the ambiance of Paris to the Music center in LA. Our pre-opera dinner was fabulous. The oysters, jumbo prawns on crushed ice, the 7-hour roast pork -- all delicious and with fine wines. A great way to start the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good when at the opera or a playWineLoverVIPDined on 5/18/2014Very good bistro food. Quite convienient when going to a play at the Ahmanson or an opera. If you have to make it to a performance, they will get you served quickly, and they are a good choice after a matinee, or an early evening opera. The wine list is over priced. They have pretty good wines by the glass (though they are pricey as well). If you want to talk to your dinner companion (s) don't sit adjacent to the bar, as it gets very noisy when the bar is busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falling OffRichardDined on 5/17/2014Have been to Kendall's many times over the years before the theater. Maybe they were extra busy, but the service was just lacking and the quality of the food has gone to average. Next time we'll go someplace else.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014changed the menu and it's rather boring; liked the old menu better; only accessible place to eat close by if you're going to the Music Center theatres. Don't order the white fish if you have a hearty appetite, the portion was so small a child would be hungry aferwards; also serving it skin side up was unappetizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhill . . .OperaDinersDined on 5/17/2014The last two visits have been disappointing (May '14, Nov '13). Chateau steak little flavor, lamb had to be returned: under-cooked (wonderful topic was broiled with the lamb instead of being removed first), rotisserie chicken excellent but dry, creme brulee cold custard. Nice house Chardonnay. Midnight jazz decaf (French press) best decaf coffee I have ever tasted. Black napkins should be offered to patrons wearing light colored fabrics: the ladies had white lint all over their black dresses.The earlier visit: braised short rib was grisly and greasy. You get the idea. We love the location and convenience, but it takes more than this to keep us coming back.
- As AlwaysPatandCarolDined on 5/17/2014As always, we dine here before we go to the theatre and are never disappointed. Lovely restaurant, good food and wonderful service. What more could we ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceWineloverDined on 5/16/2014Nice spot for dinner before a show, but chef's idea of a medium steak was way off (extremely rare). Sent it back, little or no improvement. Waitress took it off my bill. Otherwise good food.Special Features:
- Dinner before the showWayneDined on 5/14/2014We like to eat here before attending a performance at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion or play at the Ahmanson Theatre. We were promptly seated, even though we arrived early for our reservation. The food and service, as usual was excellent. I had the oysters for an appetizer. For the main course I had the salmon. It was very tasty, the presentation was just fine, but the portion was on the small side. My partner had the Crab salad, a special larger order of the appetizer. She said it was excellent. I definitely recommend this as a romantic place prior to a evening at the theatre. Its location to the Disney, Dorothy Chandler, Mark Taper, Ahmanson, Grand Park and readily available parking makes it an excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal on great foodbruceVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers Day brunch, I saw crab cakes on the menu and HAD to go. They have the best crab cakes ever, and they aren't always on the menu. The "tomato soup" was more like gazpacho, which was fine with me. The croque monsieur was good, but only toasted on one side? I thought that was unusual, but didn't ask why, as maybe that was just their interpretation. The burger was huge and well worth what we paid. The desserts were all tasty and rich and a good time was had by all. The server was very friendly and accommodating and everything was just top notch.Special Features:
- Great location, good foodmaunaVIPDined on 5/11/2014We would have preferred the regular menu as opposed to mandatory three course Mother's Day menu. More food than we wanted. Way more, and we do like to eat! Appetizer was great, main course was good, and dessert was only okay. Service was strong, so overall a fine experience. Great location for events at Music Center or Disney Hall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014The meal was delightful; my family enjoyed the dining experience , especially my 22 year old daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wonder you can get in2divineVIPDined on 5/10/2014Totally disorganized; they told our guests that we had no reservation when we were already seated; the waitress got some of our orders wrong; we couldn't get water refills and the steak came undercooked and was very tough.
- Pre-theaterMWKremerDined on 5/10/2014An excellent spot for a pre-theater dinner. Service was very personable. Food was not as good as the last time we ate here. The veal sweetbreads were somewhat tough, and the vegetable risotto was mostly vegetable with very little risotto. My wife's mussel dish, although tasty, seemed incomplete without some sort of pasta to accompany the fish. Wine service by the glass was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- s2artrVIPDined on 5/9/2014We have dined here regularly for many years before performances at the Music Center and have always enjoyed our meals. Tonight was an exception. The food served was awful! Oso Buco was tough and my wife could not eat it. My whitefish was overcooked so that the skin could not be removed from the fish and it was so bland that it was virtually taseless. We complained to the manager who was very nice but she did not do the proper thing. She removed the Oso Buco from the bill but did nothing about the fish. She offered us dessert and coffees, but then charged us for them. This meal was substandard and the right thing to do would have been to comp the entire bill and apologize. Instead I spent almost $100 and am very unhappy.
- Great general manager!scubadogVIPDined on 5/8/2014My steak wasn't cooked as desired, and general manager had the best demeanor, and took dish off our bill, and invited us to have dessert and coffee after concert. Thanks, Laura Azrou!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Before The TheaterProdinerDined on 5/8/2014Went to Kendall's before seeing Porgy and Bess at the Ahmanson. Both were great. I had the salmon and my wife had the short ribs. Both were great. Had some really good wine. Kendall's is great - great food, great atmosphere, great service, but not the baguette served with dinner. It was not great. It was mediocre at best. It should have been great. I can't understand why. This is a Patina Group restaurant and everything is always the best. It also was not a situation of just something going wrong. It was the taste and texture. They could have bought any baguette on any street in Paris and had it shipped, it would have been better. Perhaps they need to take a trip to France and learn how to make a real french baguette.Special Features:
- Finally a Wine Friendly Place!JenbenDined on 5/8/2014I love Kendall's and their policy of no corkage fee. This is a true gem for those of us with our own wine cellar and eclectic wine tastes. The food at Kendall's is wonderful and gourmet enough for pairing with your best Cabernet or Petit Syrah. We had dinner in the wine room last Thursday before the Lang Lang Concert and found the experience very pleasing. Great service, the waiter was very conscious of our concert timing and was attentive to our needs. I go here every time I see a concert or opera.Special Features:
- Consistently WonderfulMsLBLeeVIPDined on 5/7/2014Love dining here before the theater at the Music Center. Seasonal menu, wonderful soups, and I especially enjoy dining in their wine room.Special Features:
- Food & service continue to surpriseJudyVIPDined on 5/7/2014Great new dinner menu- creative & retaining old favorites. Kudos to chef. Excellent service from Natasha, Marlon also the best. Been a regular withMusic Center multiple season tix;so pleased with all the improvements. A pleasure to have dinner and also weekend brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Music Center DinningHomecook100VIPDined on 5/7/2014This is our favorite restaurant to go to when we are going to the one of the music center venues. The food is always very good and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Always great foodfoodcomes1stDined on 5/6/2014This is a wonderful and very convenient place for before or after theatre dinner. Always delicious food, great décor, good service.Special Features:
- Convenient & ConsistentlindacloVIPDined on 5/4/2014great service; always attentive to show schedules; fabulous nicoise salad.Special Features:
- Menu switchBarkerDined on 5/4/2014After carefully planning the meal on the restaurant's web site, the regular menu was not available. Instead, only a "special" menu was available, which included things from the regular menu at inflated prices. Our waiter was obnoxiously solicitous, but couldn't explain what a "farci" was. The special menu was nice, but didn't satisfy our special food needs. Please quit asking me if the food is good. I will let you know if it isn't.Special Features:
- Perfect for a pre-concert mealJuniperDined on 5/4/2014As regular diners here we enjoy dining on our favorite dishes but also love trying some of the new brunch offers. Friendly and efficient servers add to the enjoyment of the experience !Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2014We had tickets for a MARK Taper matinee on a Sunday. Booked Kendall's for lunch . MY husband had the Croque Monsieur which he enjoyed. Nothing special. HAve had much better at a local VAlley spot. I ordered the crab salad. If consisted of mainly what looked like precut frozen carrots and some avocado...little crab. For the price it was pathetic. Also the bus boy did not bring us any bread. In short it is not a "do-again". However our server was excellent!
- DisappointingDinetiquetteDined on 5/3/2014Kendall's made a great first impression a few months previously. However, this time around I was not so fortunate. The service was exceptionally poor. Our drinks came late into the appetizer, after having to twice request them. Baguettes were mentioned by our waitress but never materialized. The cuisine was so-so. No refills on my coffee were offered, nor was the dessert menu presented. We were left unattended for so long, we had to request the bill from a different wait person. By the time our waitress eventually reappeared with the bill, we were well ready to put an end to this unpleasant evening. Interestingly, the patrons at surrounding tables seemed well attended.
- Good foodbug44Dined on 5/3/2014This was a perfect spot for dinner close to the Disney Concert Hall. We wanted something close by so that we could walk from our hotel to a restaurant and then walk to the Symphony. Food and service were outstanding !Special Features:
- Attractive location, food is awfulenjoysfoodDined on 5/3/2014Restaurant is at the Music Center making convenience the key attraction. Service is pleasant enough, as is the decor. But the food is beyond dreadful. The menu is limited (quite a bit less than what they have posted on line), and the quality is not even what you would expect at a greasy spoon diner off the freeway. Be forewarned.
- This is our GO TO for concert nightksketchDined on 5/2/2014It doesn't get any better. Professional and always gets you to the theater on time. It's super fun to walk in and have the staff recognize you. We love it.Special Features:
- Service snafuLizs2centsVIPDined on 5/1/2014My friend ordered two appetizers as her meal. They both arrived simultaneously so one was given to me. The main courses didn't come in time for our curtain. The maitre'd came over and told us the food had been ready but we were still eating so he didn't bring it. We paid and left, having had only half our meal. Not a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music center evening's choiceRegaloneDined on 5/1/2014Located right below the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion it's the perfect choice for dining before a performance. Service didn't feel rushed, but do allow yourself plenty of time as they get very busy. Food was interesting and for the most part everyone was satisfied with what they ordered. One person had to send their dish back as it wasn't hot enough (temp), but it was very quickly resolved, and there was no delay in the 4 of us eating together.Special Features:
- special provencal mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2014For one week, Kendalls is featuring a delightful Provencal menu. We had a delicious eggplant appetizer (with crisp toast), an unusual ravioli stuffed with short rib meat, and, best of all, a strawberry chaud/foix dessert (a warm custard on top and cold strawberries underneath).
- Wonderful service as usualcrablouisDined on 4/30/2014As usual, the service was expert and attentive. The food great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of things earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Was surprised that during our meal, which was at 6:30 pm, the restaurant had already run out of a number of things. To me, that is an early dinner reservation, and it was on a Saturday night, which must be their busiest night, so I can only conclude that they planned poorly. We wanted the raviolis, no go. My pal tried to get a simple green salad, that didn't seem to work either. There was a third thing as well. I didn't love the wine I tried, so was upgraded to one that was 50% more expensive. The dessert was decidedly simple. Overall, not impressed this time.
- Service was horribleMolliemomVIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything was wrong: soup was cold, had to ask for water twice, bread 3 times, check 3 times. Waiter was rude and surly.
- New menu; same great tasteTouristsuzDined on 4/26/2014My friends and I made our usual pre-theater lunchtime visit, only to discover that the lunch menu from which we had been dining prior to Saturday matinees for years had been changed to a brunch menu. Although two of my favorite dishes remained, one of our favorite dishes was no longer available. This meant we had to find new favorites, which my friends did. They had a scrambled egg dish that they thoroughly enjoyed while I had my favorite club sandwich, which was as delicious as usual. Eating at Kendall's before going to the Mark Taper Forum is always a treat because of the wonderful ambiance and friendly prompt service, so we will continue to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theater dinnerJustTheFactsDined on 4/25/2014Solid menu, good wine choices and convenient to the Music Center. Too crowded and noisy to be romanticSpecial Features: