The Grill on the Alley - Aventura
19575 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33180Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill on the Alley - Aventura
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrill.com/aventura.html
- Phone: 3054667195
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 11:30-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Arnold Dion
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private Dining Room seats 30.
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Aventura
The Grill on the Alley Aventura is located in the Aventura Mall, which is ranked as the number one shopping destination among international visitors. The Grill on the Alley was opened in 1984 as a living tribute to the great American grills of yesterday. In time, it has established itself as one of the country's leading restaurants, praised by writers across the country. The menu is classic American grill - prime steaks, fresh seafood, traditional dishes such as chicken pot pie or meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and homemade desserts. Named to The Fine Dining Hall of Fame by Nation's Restaurant News, The Grill is home of the entertainment industry's "power lunch," but is also open for dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grill on the Alley - Aventura reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A 5 Star Dining Experience!CherbearVIPDined on 7/11/2013Great service, drinks, menu selection. We drive 45 minutes just to dine there plus Aventura Mall is the BEST for shopping. $$$ and well worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak, yummy Mac n cheeseJoyinWashingtonXingDined on 7/9/2013If you are in the mood for a good steak and nice glass of wine, go for it! My Strawberry Mule Cocktail was really good.Special Features:
- Always perfect placeFredDined on 6/17/2013Brunch or dinner, everything is perfect. Even the mayonnaise! The employees are kind and sympathic. A very beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great place great foodLuvmyfoodDined on 6/7/2013Skirt steak was cooked and flavored to perfection! Bar great for happy hour. Great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La comida riquisima y la atencionalusDined on 5/31/2013La comida riquisima y la atencion excelente!! Altamente recomendado!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013The service was poor, we waited about 15 minutes before even getting water. One of the servers was arguing with another customer so that put a bad taste in my husband's mouth. The manager brought over complimentary soup and apologized for the delay. The food was lukewarm when it arrived. Not what I expected at all. My husband and I went to a food and wine pairing at the Broward County Convention Center. The Grille was the most memorable food of the night. We were expecting the same (if not better) outstanding food quality, which we did not receive.
- Although the food was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Although the food was delicious, the service was abysmal. Will not be returning to this overpriced, pompous disaster -- I would rather eat at the food court where lack of service is a reasonable expectation.
- The Worst Restaurant I Never DinedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2013We made our reservation thru Opentable as usual and after a nice day of shopping showed up on time. When we checked in, the blonde hostess was rude, condescending and advised there would be at least an hour wait. Mind you, the place wasn't even half full. I asked she could seat us outside and she said no as that section was closed. I guess she didn't approve of how we looked or who we were, because she seated 2 other parties. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS and spend your $$$ where it is appreciated. In a still tough, but recovering economy many restaurants are doing everything they can to attract new customers and keep their current ones happy. Definitely NOT The Grill on the Alley. Apparently they don't need business.
- Love the Sunday BrunchDayna54Dined on 4/28/2013This has become a weekly tradition for my Dad and myself. Anyone else is always welcome to join us but we love to go. It's all about the lox, eggs and onions!!! The best ever!! Very light, fresh and delicious! It's also a nice ambiance for a Sunday brunch. Very enjoyable. We love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the better optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013One of the better options if at Aventura Mall and want to dine in a civilized manner.
- A favoritebluchipVIPDined on 4/13/2013Great food; terrific service; always a good experienceSpecial Features:
- The service was very good.FransuaVIPDined on 4/9/2013The service was very good. However, even if the meat was cooked as requested, it was very hard and far from being tender as a filet mignon should be.
- Another great meal...PaulSVIPDined on 4/3/2013Great steak, sea bass,tuna tartar,shirt ribs & chicken pot pie, Generous portions, great staff...Special Features:
- ELIZABETH TAYLORlizelaVIPDined on 3/29/2013WE HAD A GREAT WAITER BRIAN AND THE FOOD WAS GREAT, ONLY THE SERVICE WAS A BIT SLOW, THEY WERE BUSY!! BUT I STILL WOULD RECOMMEND THE RESTAURANT!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding, great,excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Outstanding, great,excellent. What else can I say. Worth every penny. You get what you pay for. Will return . Staff most helpful.Special Features:
- Go for the steaksMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 3/7/2013On Open Table, we expressly asked for a QUIET table. The INEPT hostess sat us near a group of 12 with the 6 screaming, unruly children all at our end. We insisted on being moved. The lobster bisque was good and fairly priced at $9. The expensive shrimp cocktail was very disappointing, overcooked mediocre shrimp. The sourdough bread was way too sour. The steak was perfection....a juicy, delicious, exceptional cut of beef. The mashed potatoes were good. And, the steak came with free, perfectly steamed broccoli, a nice surprise. The wine here is grossly overpriced; we had to pay $55 for a bottle that retails for under $15....that is obscene.Special Features:
- Great, perfectly cooked steakMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 3/7/2013We had a GREAT steak, good broccoli, good lobster bisque, mediocre shrimp cocktail and grossly overpriced wine. The sourdough bread is too sour. Buy wine by the glass. It's crazy to have to pay $55 for a bottle of wine that retails for $13. Restaurants just don't have to rip people off like that. We had a professional server.Special Features:
- Good inside the MallFrequentTravelertoDFWVIPDined on 2/19/2013This is a nice restaurant and we enjoyed the salmon and the trout. But, there are better restaurants if you don't need something right in the mall!
- Excellent meal..very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2013Excellent meal..very nice waitstaff. Delicious drinks.Special Features:
- Very impressed with mall basedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013Very impressed with mall based restaurant. Food excellent - fish and rack of lamb, and service could not have been better.Special Features:
- Real nice place to take yourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2013Real nice place to take your special person. Staff was nice and friendly.Special Features:
- The Grill on the Alley consistently1DivaVIPDined on 2/13/2013The Grill on the Alley consistently serves exceptional food. Each time we have dined there, has been noteworthy. There is a wide variety of choices, and each choice is WONDERFUL. Their chopped salad is sensational. The filet mignon was superb. My companion had the seared scallops which were "melt in your mouth" variety/quality. The Pinot Noir that accompanied my dinner was excellent. Our dessert was delicious. It was an experience that made us feel priviledged, pampered and very satisfied. We will return very soon.Special Features:
- We'll be back......OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013Beautiful restaurant. Lunch business was a success. Delicious appetizers. I'll be back for my next meeting. Rack of lamb and chops cooked perfectly. Good selection of Cabernets. Manager with eagle eye on details. Knowlegeable staff .Special Features:
- Food was superb but a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Food was superb but a bit pricey for a Mall restaurant.Special Features:
- very fairOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2013the place was ok for being in a large mall- no attention to detail and the waiter was not rude but not polished and i had to ask most of the questions we had never been, didn't offer anything about the restaurant or menu no attention to detail pricey for what it offered i wouldn't return
- Great dining choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/29/2012We visit the Aventura area several times during the year and always dine here. The food is very good and there service is too. When things go even a little awry, they make it right! If you want a comfortable table that are not on top of each other, this is the place. If you prefer a vibrant bar with a couple of flat screens, they have a space for that, too. All-in-all, it's well run and elegant but not pretentious with really good food.Special Features:
- I would like to give a greatGregVIPDined on 12/2/2012I would like to give a great review, but I haven't dined once at Grille when they've not checked me in on Open Table. Otherwise, this place is very good.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butLaineyODined on 11/8/2012The food was very good, but it was over-shadowed by the lack of service. It could have just been our section, as mostly everyone seemed to be getting served around us in a timely manner. If you are in a rush or even want to eat at a normal pace, I would not recommend this restaurant. If you have a lot of time to kill, then go ahead and spend it here. Again the food is good, the service is horrible.
- The food was, which was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2012The food was, which was well presented was mediocre. The ambiance is wonderful and the service, while very congenial, was not top notch. The food came out hot. The Shrimp were mushy and the calves liver was undercooked. Overall, we did not enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Nice place at the AventuraMainiacVIPDined on 10/30/2012Nice place at the Aventura Mall....parking is a challenge unless you Valet. Great bar...Happy Hour and Bites make this place extra special.
- One of our favorite restaurantsBobWVIPDined on 10/26/2012One of our favorite restaurants = we go here frequently as it is close to home and we love the place. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!CherbearVIPDined on 10/24/2012This lovely restaurant was recommended to us by a regular patron who works in the area. We dined for dinner and brought along an out-of-town guest. The service, cocktails and food were just superb. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We've visited this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2012We've visited this restaurant on many occasions and found the food, though pricey, and service is always top-notch.Special Features:
- Food came out wrong....againEricDined on 10/17/2012Our food came out wrong for the 2nd time this month.What's going on on the alley?We like your restaurant, please improve the service so we can come back.
- the service was horrible ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2012the service was horrible our waiters name was lorenzo and the vodka grey goose straight was crazy expensive at $12.50 each then they charged us for the sparking water to go with the drinks seperate so out bar bill for 6 drinks was $75 plus sparking water $17 pretty high..then the rack of lamb had to be sent back after telling them several times to make sure it was well done and crispy the trout with crab was good... so all told i like the decor and the locating but wait staff! very bad..i guess the bus boy was the best, the place was not that busy but it was hard to get the waiters attention and if you asked any other waiter you were told hold on be back in a min...Special Features:
- The food was a hit or missOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2012The food was a hit or miss that night. The service was ok, everything seemed to take too long. Some dishes were good some were just ok. The brick chicken was ehh, but my tenderloin was delicious along with its sides.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andHerbeisDined on 10/1/2012The food was outstanding and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- The food was very good.aventurafoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2012The food was very good. Large selection--something for everyone. Great because it is right in my neighborhood and always there when you want a good dinner close to home.Special Features:
- always pleased at grill on the alleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2012the food, the drinks and the service are consistently very good...we always enjoy our meals there, and so do any guests that go with us.Special Features:
- We regularly eat at Grille.GregVIPDined on 9/22/2012We regularly eat at Grille. The service at tables in the bar is now by the bartenders, which doesn't work. The service in the bar is not good.Special Features: