Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
1126 Capital Trail (kirkwood highway)
Newark, DE 19711Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oletapaslounge.com/
- Phone: 3022249378x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday 11:30am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Since Ole Tapas! is built around providing flavorful Spanish food and drink, we do not limit our meals to our Tapas menu. Ole! takes food to your event’s location, catering events with only the best Spanish food and at the best prices possible. Our extensive catering menu of many unique Tapas, satisfies the different preferences and dietary considerations of your guests. Our catering can serve groups as small as five and go up into the hundreds. Additional services and help, including service staff, are available so that we do all work.
- Private Party Facilities: Coming Soon!
- Private Party Contact: Manuel Aguinaga 3022249378x
- Special Events: Make Ole Tapas the home for your next private party! Ole provides a unique atmosphere with the same food and wine that you come to expect from us, sure to make any party memorable. We offer a multi-course buffet style dinner tailored to your wishes. Please contact us for pricing and more details.
A word from Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant is an authentic tapas restaurant specializing in seasonal tapas, Spanish wine & especially family style entrees. With the warm mood lighting & upbeat Spanish music, this vibrant new restaurant will make you feel like you are in Seville, the capital of tapas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newark ›
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)special occasion (34)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (28)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great place hidden away...DSSCDined on 12/6/2013Although a bit hidden from the outside this great eatery is wonderful for great small plate dining and food exploration. My wife and I love to order various dishes and share the wonderful food. Great place for reduced price tapas early and late on Fridays. You can't miss with this because you can try two or three different dishes to make a meal...... We enjoyed, will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for so many occasionsHatesReviewsButWorthItDined on 11/29/2013We discovered this restaurant while searching for Spanish places when we moved to the Delaware area. From the first visit, the food and service have been outstanding. It's not terribly pricey, but it can add up quickly since everything is so delicious and each plate is about $6-7. For two people, we usually spend about $50. They have special events including flamenco dancers, wine tastings, and NYE. They also have a "frequent diners" account that can allow you a chance to win a trip to Spain. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive wait staffChesapeakefanDined on 11/23/2013Very attentive wait staff with a great selection of tapas. There was a flamenco guitarist who played throughout the night and drew in a pretty great crowd. An A+ experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was very good, nice variety.GS123Dined on 11/22/2013Overall very positive experience. Food and service was very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant, relaxed, varied mealProjournalistVIPDined on 11/19/2013A nice, varied menu of tapas and a relaxed atmosphere makes this a nice place for an unrushed meal for business or pleasure. Calamari were excellent. Lamb meatballs very good. Hummus not-so-much (unusual flavor for hummus, we felt). Seafood-and-chorizo were also quite good. On a Tuesday night, business was very slow, leading to very attentive service and a bit-too-rapid succession of tapas at the table (we asked our waiter to slow down). Our featured wine, a Spanish tempranillo, was very good. Decor is smooth, trendy and quiet. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Sunday Night TreatOleOleDined on 11/17/2013One of our favorite restaurants. Authentic and delicious. Not the place to run in, eat and then leave quickly. You stay awhile, enjoy the meal and make conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun find, parking challengeKTnCBwine2dineDined on 11/16/2013Enjoyed the evening w/ friends and fun food. Parking was terrible with absent signage for alternative parking locations.Special Features:
- Love their foodDeannaDined on 11/14/2013Great food, great service. You have choices of tapas that are great for adventurous and non-adventurous people... lots of options. Tres leches dessert was delicious. Thank you to our server for great recommendations on wine and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice tapas plates, somewhatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/13/2013Nice tapas plates, somewhat Americanized, but very good and properly sized with good variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dinner PlacePamelaDined on 11/9/2013We took our granddaughter son and her sister there for a fun dinner experience during the UD Parents Weekend. It's a fun place for a group with the food choices and having it brought out in waves. Good conversation place. Not fancy but it worked out fine for us.Special Features:
- Excellent Restaurant!BeckyDined on 11/9/2013We found this restaurant on our B and B's website and were thrilled with the recommendation. We were in town for Parent's Weekend at UDel so had a group of 8..the restaurant is in a strip shopping center but once inside, the menu, decor and ambiance are wonderful. Excellent service; waitress very helpful in explaining menu items and very attentive. The owner came by and chatted which I always find refreshing! We were full but still found room for their desserts...delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!PaDianeDined on 11/9/2013We were in Newark for a conference and looking for a place to eat dinner. This was an exceptional find. We really enoyed Ole Tapas. The food and service are exceptional; we ordered a series of small plates(tapas) to share and found that we savored the food and the experience more than if we would have each had a large entree. We certainly did not leave hungry; as we finished one plate our waiter took our order for the next; the pace was just right. Our favorite was the ceviche; we also enjoyed warm dates stuffed with blue cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable and Tasty Placetbear210Dined on 11/2/2013We enjoy dining at Ole Tapas. The food is excellent, the service is good and the ambiance is nice. The guitarist that played on our first visit was amazing and they often have music and entertainment that is excellent. Highly recommend for gluten free diners. They are super careful about ensuring your meal is gluten free and will even do what they can to accommodate any dish to suit your allergy needs.Special Features:
- TapsSoozeeDined on 10/25/2013This was a very friendly place. Great drinks and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!JazzyDined on 10/24/2013Love the mussels I get them extra spicy and the lamb meatballs. The service is always great!Special Features:
- Nice little spot for dining.gigiVIPDined on 10/11/2013Nice little spot for dining. Waitress was outstanding and very helpful with the menu. Her suggestions were right on!Special Features:
- YUM!!!!SugsVIPDined on 10/5/2013Don't miss going to this restaurant....the tapas are to die for & wonderful beverages!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsHungryPeopleDined on 10/5/2013Took my family of eight, and had a wonderful time with friendly waiters and great tasting food. We had Paella Mixta, and a bunch of Tapas. We all left more than satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very well prepared.KB16Dined on 9/27/2013Food is very well prepared. Service and presentation are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience!PABobDined on 9/13/2013Having never heard of this restaurant before I was a little skeptical of the glowing reviews, but I am in full agreement with everyone who recommended it. Each dish was not only delicious, but also presented very artistically. There is a lot of variety on the menu so there is something for everyone. The service was fantastic and the dishes came at just the right pace to enjoy each one without being rushed but also without having to wait. I'll definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!pwoodsideVIPDined on 9/13/2013Every time I go to Ole, it is wonderful, and I can't wait to return. For this dinner, I went with two girl friends for a girl's night out. We ordered patatas bravas (highly recommend - there are two different types of potatoes cooked to perfection with a slightly spicy sauce), squid, beef empanadas, crab croquettes, and much more. Everything was delicious, was perfectly paced and was just the right amount of food. As always, the staff exceeded our expectations. The bartender made our night fun and flirty and light. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful (one of the girls had never been to Ole before) without being condescending. And the owner made sure to say hi. I would highly always recommend Ole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Spanish Food with TwistsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2013Had a lovely evening, all driven by a super enthusiastic host/server/bartender. Many small plates, as typical of Spanish tapas, but with some more local ideas built in (cranberries, pumpkin, Kennett Square mushrooms...). Generous portions for the price, and their Passport can earn you a free trip to Spain, even if it is a 1 in 400 chance...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!LaurenDined on 9/3/2013The food here is great and we really enjoyed every item ordered. The chef even sent out a complimentary tapas for us to enjoy! Parking is convenient, location is great - just outside of Newark. I'm looking forward to trying Cafe Ole on Main Street - hoping the quality is just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun diningLove2eatDined on 9/1/2013If you've never had Tapas, you need to try it. It's a lot of fun and great food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass us the tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2013What a fun spot! Large menu with something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A chance visitCihbobVIPDined on 8/26/2013Was meeting my wife at the Wilmington train station and began to think, where to get dinner? Open Table included Ole Tapas as one of my options. Having eaten here several times with colleagues from work, I've always wanted to bring my wife but we live 50 miles away, Now was our chance. Great dinner and a fine time with our server Scott. Don't let the outside (strip shopping center) fool you, this is a real deal restaurant inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and servicepwoodsideVIPDined on 8/20/2013I have been to Ole many times, and it is always wonderful. The owner, staff, bartenders and chefs are friendly, welcoming and great at what they do. The food alone would have me coming back, but the personal attention and obvious enjoyment of what everyone does is an added bonus. I will keep recommending Ole to everyone I know - and continue to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deelish :)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2013What can I say? This is by far, one of the best restaurants in Delaware. I encourage any and everyone to treat yourself to this wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very small servings and aTuscanyDined on 8/7/2013Very small servings and a little pricey. However, great for an unusual evening out. Had a very nice $20 bottle of wine. Servers were very friendly. Seating was comfortable.Special Features:
- Superb TapasNnmathteachVIPDined on 8/6/2013We had a pleasurable dining experience at this restaurant. Everyone was very friendly and the food was fantastic. We ordered 5 Tapas for the 2 of us and we each had a drink. My Sangria was a bit watery, but the fruit was nice and included strawberries. All 5 dishes were wonderful and I especially liked the shrimp with garlic. Upon leaving, the owner spoke to us and we discovered that he had opened another location on Main Street in Newark. That location would have been closer for us if we had known. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Delaware!GourmetDined on 8/2/2013The food is divine. Each tapas or item in the menu is a delight first for the eyes and then the mouth. Each bite is a taste of heaven. The service is very professional and the atmosphere is romantic. The food at Ole Tapas is not the typical chain restaurant food , I love Ole Tapas for its originality, every item in the menu is a discovery of blends of savors perfectly married. Being French I like fine cuisine and I am always satisfied when we go to Ole Tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysmartidollDined on 7/26/2013Love this place. Doesn't look like much from outside but walking into the restaurant all that changes. Wonderful service, amazing food, great times. Go!Special Features:
- You MUST try!!! WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2013Unbelievable food - a true gem!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas Place.... for DelawareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013For the Newark/Wilmington dining scene, Ole is great. It doesn't compare to some of the Philly tapas restaurants, however. (but it's not as pricey,either!) And they usually have some interesting wines, although their list isn't extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013I think it can be difficult to find good tapas in the states. Ole Tapas was excellent. We ordered several different tapas and there wasn't one that didn't get finished at our table of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great. New updated menuDSSCDined on 7/12/2013My fiancée and I have been here several times in the past, and were really interested to see the revised menu withe the new chef. Menu selections still include the great oldies, and some new dishes including wonderful lamb meatballs, octopus (vey tender) And duck fricassee. Service at bar with bartender Scott was exemplary. Gazpacho has always been a tasty summer item. Empanadas change regularly and are a wonderful surprise. Don't forget to share with everyone, a great way to have a food adventure. Try their sister location(Ole cafe) on Main Street for weekly drink specials and lite fare. Keep your eyes open for the various food festivals that they have......we loved the ceviche festival which just ended. Will go back very soon...loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressed after 2nd visitShaneVIPDined on 7/7/2013My fiancé and I decided to try this restaurant because of the positive reviews we found online. We ordered several tapas and had a pitcher of sangria. Very watered down. Tapas were excellent. Cooked to perfection. Calamari was tender. Told about all you can eat paella on Sundays. Don't. We were told later that there were 2 different paellas on Sundays. Told they would honor this time because we were not informed properly. What we were brought out were BOWLS of mushy rice with small pieces of overcooked, rubbery, sandy seafood in the dish. Not paella at all! I've had my share of paellas and this in no way is paella. We couldn't believe the difference in food from one night to the next. A different restaurant entirly. Stick with tapas..Special Features:
- Fabulous Food / Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/29/2013We loved the food and the friendly, knowledgeable staff at Ole Tapas. I highly recommend it. The paella was fantastic. The portion size was unbelievable. The only negative was that the service was slow even though the restaurant was not full. However, all of the staff members were so friendly and courteous and the food was so delicious that I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2013The empanadas were the best I have ever had, seriously. So good that I ask the waiter to tell the chef. He made a personal visit to the table to thank us, and was very friendly, courteous, and gracious. The Spanish rioja wine was great. It was dry, but not overly dry, went well with the tapas foods, especially with the bacon wrapped, blue cheese stuffed figs. The wine had a nice, lingering after taste without being bitter. I'd definitely drink it again. The meal was a great success and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- muy buen lugar para disfrutarGabriel86Dined on 6/17/2013muy buen lugar para disfrutar de un buen vino y una buena cena!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.