Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
1126 Capital Trail (kirkwood highway)
Newark, DE 19711Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oletapaslounge.com/
- Phone: 3022249378x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday 11:30am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Since Ole Tapas! is built around providing flavorful Spanish food and drink, we do not limit our meals to our Tapas menu. Ole! takes food to your event’s location, catering events with only the best Spanish food and at the best prices possible. Our extensive catering menu of many unique Tapas, satisfies the different preferences and dietary considerations of your guests. Our catering can serve groups as small as five and go up into the hundreds. Additional services and help, including service staff, are available so that we do all work.
- Private Party Facilities: Coming Soon!
- Private Party Contact: Manuel Aguinaga 3022249378x
- Special Events: Make Ole Tapas the home for your next private party! Ole provides a unique atmosphere with the same food and wine that you come to expect from us, sure to make any party memorable. We offer a multi-course buffet style dinner tailored to your wishes. Please contact us for pricing and more details.
A word from Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant is an authentic tapas restaurant specializing in seasonal tapas, Spanish wine & especially family style entrees. With the warm mood lighting & upbeat Spanish music, this vibrant new restaurant will make you feel like you are in Seville, the capital of tapas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newark ›
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)special occasion (33)romantic (31)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- The atmosphere was great -OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/9/2009The atmosphere was great - very metro and hip. The food was excellent. The favorties were the daily specials! All were a home run. A few of the main manu items lacked a sophisticated layering of flavors like the garlic steak or the canary island clams but everthing was very good. The service was also excellent. Very attentive without being fussy. I would definately go back.Special Features:
- From the moment you walk inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2009From the moment you walk in and see how it is decorated,until the time you walk out with a satiated appetite,you realize what a great dining experience you had. The waitstaff was very,very friendly and knowledgeable and the food was great. I cant wait to eat there againSpecial Features:
- Tapas selection was fairlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2009Tapas selection was fairly extensive. Service was knowledgeable and prompt. Food quality was very good and the pacing was just right. New dishes arrived just as we finished the earlier plates. Overall, this restaurant is a great place to share good food with friends!Special Features:
- We have been searching forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2009We have been searching for the Tapas experience for several years, though I don't know what took us so long to find Ole`. The strip mall store front does not match its classy interior or the level of food we enjoyed. A dinner for 4 came to a fairly pricey $140 before tip, much of that in two pitchers of Sangria. The food was excellent and most dishes were sampled by everyone. Whether you include dessert in your dinner plan or just come in late for desserts and superb coffee only, don't overlook these additions that do not appear on the basic menu. They are worth the request.Special Features:
- Although I have had lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2009Although I have had lunch there several times, this was the first time I tried Ole for dinner. It was, as always, an excellent experience. The food is among the best in the area, and I heartily recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- We liked the idea of differentTbearVIPDined on 4/11/2009We liked the idea of different sized wine pours,and that the same ones are available by the bottle. I wanted to try the sangria, which I had heard was great,but we had too good a wine-----next time! Decor is very creative and fun to look at, good food (could use a little more variety). Server seemed a little overanxious in the beginning, but left us alone later in the meal. Definitely worth a second visit!Special Features:
- The searver was good althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2009The searver was good although inexperienced at this establishment. The calamari tapas were chewey, the Paella was tastey but dry.
- Amazing atmosphere. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2009Amazing atmosphere. Great food! This place comes highly recommended, and I was not disappointed!Special Features:
- Very authentic offerings -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2009Very authentic offerings - even white sangria on the menu. Fresh seafood and knowledgeable waitstaff made for a very memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2009One of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time! Food was outstanding and staff was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Great place for a date, a family or just a big group of people. Excellent value for the money; been telling all my friends about it. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Excellent food, will definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/13/2009Excellent food, will definitely return. Services was great, very helpful. Lamb chops, shrimp in garlic sauce to just mention a few tapas items were fabulous.Special Features:
- Excellent variety of tapas.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/28/2009Excellent variety of tapas. Portions are a little bit too small for sharing among more than 2 people but the quality is very good. I would not recommend the Sangria.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2009The food was wonderful. The people we were with suggested we order in sets, because if we order all at once they will bring everything at once. We ordered soup and 4 tapas and the tapas arrived before we finished the soup. We ordered 4 more tapas after we finished the first set. The service was attentive without hovering. All in all, it was an enjoyable night, although the mariachi band (like in Mexico) was not very good and often off key, and although we didn't enjoy them, I think a lot of people did. Too bad they didn't have Flamenco, like we saw in Spain.Special Features:
- The tapas menu was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2009The tapas menu was very nice with many choices. I consider myself well versed in many foods and was happy to see the chef stretch him/herself to include some unusual items such as octupus and smelts. The desserts were traditionally Spanish and I had the rice pudding, which was delicious. The pressed coffee was great! I highly recommend it. On the last Saturday of each month, live music is played. It was a gentleman and his 2 young sons with guitar, harmonica and drums-very nice.Special Features:
- Great food, so-so service,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009Great food, so-so service, ridiculous prices. My first visit was dinner for four on Valentine's day. They had a fixed price seven course taster's menu which was $120 per couple excluding wine. I've eaten at restaraunts of varying classes everywhere but here the paltry portions of really quite tasty food was disappointing. A wine pairing per course was offered for $20 more resulting in less than 1" of wine in a glass. At #6 the server brought food for one couple but evidently gave the second plates to the couple at the next table. When the mistake was discovered she apologized but, our friends were done when ours arrived. The house was full for the Holiday and the service seemed halting and less than practiced. Maybe tapas on 1/2 price day?Special Features:
- Food was good, however, explainatioOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/31/2009Food was good, however, explainations are needed so you know exactly what you are getting. Our waiter was a bit overwhelmed and did not take time to explain things to us. The food comes out a different times even when we ordered all at once and not always the hottest. It would be a great spot to stop and have a drink and bite with friends. We will try again and maybe the service will be better.Special Features:
- Very unique restaurant inVelomanDined on 1/24/2009Very unique restaurant in the Wilmington-Newark, Delaware area. We chose 6 items from the tappas selection and each was unique in flavor providing us with an eclectic and savory night out. The service was consistently prompt, helpful and polite. The ambience was warm, with low lighting. We agreed to put it on our keeper list.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2009Excellent food! Very comfortable dining area! Great prices. Something for everybody!! Loved it!!Special Features:
- This restaurant has becomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/14/2009This restaurant has become one of my favorites for lunch (I have not tried it for dinner). Everything from the design of the menus to the unique booth design to the quality of the food has been executed with an eye to excellence. The $15 three-course luncheon special is an amazing bargain.Special Features:
- Food is outstanding. But goCapemaydinerVIPDined on 1/9/2009Food is outstanding. But go on a week-night for better service.
- Ole Tapas was great, I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/5/2009Ole Tapas was great, I would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- The Food Was great howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/2/2009The Food Was great however the service didnt match.
- Food, for the most part wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/2/2009Food, for the most part was very good. I'd recomend the bacon wrapped figs to start. Mostly uncomplicated but well excuted food.Special Features:
- wine list is good but amountOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2008wine list is good but amount in the glass seems stingy for the money. this is my only big criticism. We love to dine here!Special Features:
- The food at Ole was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2008The food at Ole was absolutely unbelievable. We ordered 12 dishes for 4 people and shared absolutely everything. One dish was better than the next. The service was also exceptional. Drink were refilled as the last sip was taken and the waitress had wonderful advice on what to order. Overall, a wonderful experience. We can't wait to make a return trip!Special Features:
- Delicious tapas. Nice wineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/6/2008Delicious tapas. Nice wine list. A little pricy, but nice place to go for a special night out. Live music on Saturdays.Special Features:
- This is a great find in aLoquatVIPDined on 11/18/2008This is a great find in a location I would not have expected (Kirkwood Hwy). There are a wide variety of tapas to choose from along with a good selection of wines. The food is great and offers you something different from what you can get in the Wilmington/Newark area. Our server was very helpful, friendly, and attentive. The night I was there it was rather quiet, but was picking up as the night went on. I heard it is quite busy on Fri/Sat.Special Features:
- Execution of the dishes leftcuffthisVIPDined on 11/16/2008Execution of the dishes left a lot to be desired. None of the 8+ tapas we ordered were things that had the depth of flavor that would cause us to order them again. We travelled 30 minutes each way to dine at Ole. It was not worth the travel.
- Overall this was a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2008Overall this was a good experience. Some detractors were the high noise level in the dining area which made it difficult to converse with my group of six, the food was sometimes very good and sometimes not so good, the waitstaff continuously tried to give us tapas for other tables, and the three different wines I tried didn't impress. I liked the large selection of tapas and the good service; it wasn't our server who kept trying to bring us other's dishes.Special Features:
- It's great to have good tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/15/2008It's great to have good tapas bar near Newark! Four of us ordered each ordered 3 selections from the tapas menu. They were all very good--recommend the stuffed figs, lamb chops, stuffed anchovies, filet.Special Features:
- Great place. Menu is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/1/2008Great place. Menu is outstanding and prices are affordable. Will definately be back. Must try and a great find for Delaware.Special Features:
- Disappointed overall withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008Disappointed overall with restaurant. The waiter didn't have a clue and most of the evening we were sent dishes that didn't belong to our table. Coincidentally, so did the couple dining beside us. There were not good descriptions about the menu and the waiter was no help at all. After dinner and over $70, we left and went to Popeyes. Also the Sangria was horrible!
- Food: Everything is tastyAnyaVIPDined on 10/16/2008Food: Everything is tasty and delicious but the portion is very small even for Tapas. Service: Our server was very attentive and informative but the restaurant got busy toward the end of our dinner. It took 15 mins to get our check. Ambiancee: The light is too bright, could have been cozier with less light and more music. Too much background noise from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Five of us had dinner on SaturdayMayiDined on 9/27/2008Five of us had dinner on Saturday evening and it was a very enjoyable experience! We tried several different tapas ( mushroom & chorizo was my favorite) We also sampled the sangria which we all enjoyed althoguh we found a bit expensive. The main entrees were also quite tasty! The service was well timed and very friendly! We look forward to going back!Special Features: