Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
153 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3015671005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Andre Meza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Cactus room and Potomac Patio can hold parties for large groups and smaller more intimate parties. Our restaurant has gorgeous views of the Potomac River that make any occasion extra special. Off - premise catering is also available. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Kaye Newsome, at 301.567.1005 or email@example.com for more information and pricing.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
- Public Transit: Metro bus line picks up from the Southern Avenue rail station, Indian Head Hwy & Southern Ave(DC line),Oxon Hill Park & Ride Lot and St. George Blvd. & Waterfront St. (National Harbor)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garage is available with rates of $2.00 for the first hour and $3.00 for 1-3 hours.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the upper east side of New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes an illuminated water wall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (43)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (20)special occasion (19)hot spot (12)great for brunch (8)romantic (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Food was very, very tasty.WesleyDined on 1/11/2014Food was very, very tasty. I am anxious to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Food!NnenaDined on 1/5/2014Rosa Mexicana is a great spot! Guacamole is to die for! Made fresh at your table to your level of heat/spice. National Harbor is a wonderful spot. Drinks a bit pricey, very good, not weak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time with familyJimJDined on 1/4/2014Great location with a wonderful view on the water at National Harbor. Easy parking. We had a group of six for a Saturday night and had no problems getting the reservation. We ran a bit late and the staff was quick to adjust our reservation for us. Great drink selection too!Special Features:
- Great restaurantsailorDined on 1/4/2014We had reservations for 6 and were seated right on time. Spent some time in the bar first and service was good even tho on a Sat night and very busy. Food was good albeit a bit more expensive than what we're used to for mexican but the dishes were different and we all enjoyed our meals. Only negaitves were that the guacamole was very good but way too expensive. And, the pomegrant marguerita was poor--no taste except for heavy tequila.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was a little rude butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014Waiter was a little rude but overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingKaimiVIPDined on 1/1/2014Tableside guacamole was somewhat bland even though we ordered spicy - normally it is wonderful. Carne Asada was a bit tough and not overly flavorful. Braised ribs were delicious. All-in-all, not what we anticipated for a special dinner.
- Always EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014I've never been disappointed at Rosa Mexicano. The authentic Mexican cuisine is wonderful, décor is delightful, and wait staff very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Guac Awesome"Rocker1Dined on 1/1/2014A guacamole delight with great entrees, service and attention to detail. Always fun and festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and upscale MexicanpapamikeDined on 1/1/2014Very good and different Mexican cuisine with hand made tortillas, fresh table side made guacamole, and the mole is excellent.Special Features:
- Overwhelmingly bad experienceMrsshoesVIPDined on 12/31/2013Went with a party of 6 (including 2 school aged kids) on NYE at 1130 before going to the gaylord. I gave them one star on food for their guacamole. We had reservations and arrived at opening time. Within 30 minutes place was packed with more screaming kids than you have ever seen in one place. We have some food allergies and were VERY SPECIFIC about needs. My oldests lunch came out incorrect. So he sat and ate chips while we ate and then had to rush through his lunch. Would NOT recommend. Food was so-so overall, noise level was awful and staff did not listen to concerns about food allergies! AVOID!!!!
- Love this place!LisaLDined on 12/30/2013The only place we like to go at the harbor is Rosa! So glad they take reservations now and we had a great experience with our open table reservation - they had our table ready and even read our reservation comments. The food is always great (never miss the guac!) and best margaritas around (had one at another restaurant after and didn't even want to drink it due to taste letdown!). I would recommend one thing to this chain - change your rice! It's just not good - it's like someone took sticky white rice and tried to infuse Mexican flavor! With everything else being SO good we just don't get the rice :) But we'll always be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad that we had reservations!fergusonjlfDined on 12/30/2013My sister and I planned a trip to the National Harbor to enjoy the Christmas activities. We've eaten here once before and wanted to get an early dinner. I went ahead and made reservations for 5pm. On the way I commented that we'd likely be the only ones there at 5pm and certainly didn't need a reservation. I was wrong! When we entered, there was already a crowd waiting for tables. They asked us if we wanted to wait just a few minutes so that we could have a table at the windows (on the waterfront) - and the Harbor's beautiful Christmas tree! Yeah! The guacamole is made table side and is some of the best that I've ever had. I also got the flautas appetizers - and they were a bit too spicy for me! And I like spicy food! Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big disappointmentmac400Dined on 12/30/2013we finally got around to trying out the restaurant although not downtown location..maybe that was the problem. We went with a friend from Mexican embassy and we all thought everything was not very good. the drinks were watered down, the guac was tasteless, the enchiladas drowning in sauce, rice hard as a rock..we had a cesears salad...not even close... won't be back. maybe downtown does a better job, but definitely dont recommend
- great food againrescue13squadDined on 12/29/2013We reserved our table online so when we arrived we waited maybe 5 minutes. The waiter was knowledgeable about the menu. AT his was our second time eating there and as we remembered the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guacamole is prepared table-side;ericpagVIPDined on 12/29/2013Guacamole is prepared table-side; fun to watch and delicious to eat!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!Hamil8560Dined on 12/29/2013Food, service & ambience is always excellent! We have been customers to Rosa Mexicano for the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. The guacamole, enchiladas & margaritas are our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed Service, Good FoodRokeranneDined on 12/28/2013Myy mother and I ordered guacamole for a starter. But the man who came to our table to make the dip was not our waiter, didn't introduce himself, and only talked to us to ask "Mild or Picante?". While he was making it, he was looking at the ceiling, out the window, and rolling his eyes as if thinking "I wish people would stop ordering this". Same man returned to bus our table after the meal and was rushing there as well and stacked the salsa dishes so quickly my mother got salsa in her face! Thankfully it was not in her eye! Other than that, our server Freddie made us feel better. He was very polite and friendly. So, good food, but the staff could use a reminder to slow down and make every guest feel like they're welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican foodsammVIPDined on 12/28/2013The guacamole was delicious!!! Great selection of brunch entrees. Pricey but worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Mexican DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/26/2013Rosa Mexicano has a good variety of excellent and interesting food. The guacamole is outstanding and made table-side. The service is good. It caters to a young adult clientele and is very popular. So, reservations are necessary and the noise level are eneregetic plus. The restaurant is on the shore of the Potomac River and many tables overlook the river. It is a particularly nice place for families with teen or young adult children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish tacojennythefoodieDined on 12/26/2013My friends and I went there in December. The Christmas tree next to the restaurant was beautiful. Fish taco and guacamole was great!!! The atmosphere was pretty dark and loud at night. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Be Prepared to Go Find Your WaiterMJfromVADined on 12/26/2013The food is exactly what you'd expect at Rosa Mexicano...tableside guacamole is their signature, everything else is just okay. We had terrible service though. They brought the wrong kids' entree to one of my sons and we didn't see the waiter again for 30 minutes to correct it. Everyone else had finished their meal and 15 minutes later the waiter came to check on the meal. It took another 20 minutes to get a plain cheese quesadilla. Then we had to go find the waiter to request the kids free scoop of ice cream. We'll be trying another place next year when we visit National Harbor.Special Features:
- Mexican - Italian FusionKCCCDined on 12/26/2013Ok, so we ordered the enchiladas and the sauce tasted just like spaghetti sauce! A first for us. We figured it was a fusion restaurant. The table side guacamole was awesome. Not your typical mexican joint. Worth a try.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!ErinPDined on 12/24/2013Love this place .. any chance I get to visit National Harbor must include a meal at Rosa Mexicano. They have the BEST guacamole and tortilla soup and j am very particular about both! Vibrant colors, moderate noise levels and flexibility with the staff and menu to accommodate the particular needs of my autistic teenage son. I recommend to everyone heading their way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey but worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2013This is a step above the Mexican food you will find in an average chain or local restaurant. Flavors are excellent. Ingredients are obviously very fresh. Heat is tailored to the eater's desires. There are menu items here that will not elsewhere and all are very good. Service is very good, although they do push the table-side Guac a little hard. Only drawback is that it is pricey - two adults, two kids, one drink each, $100 before tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve...TimothyDined on 12/24/2013We ate at Rosa Mexicano @ National Harbor Christmas Eve and it was terrific. The guac was amazing as always and this time I tried the carne asada, which was one of the best dishes I have had in a while. If you try it, make sure to go with the chef's recommendation and get it medium rare, as the skirt steak they use will be perfectly tender. Great views of the Potomac and this time of year, the Christmas tree. Reservations highly recommended as this place gets very busy.Special Features:
- Cap to a fun day...pit24passDined on 12/21/2013Thank you Rosa Mexicans for the capping of a great pre Christmas weekend. Perhaps the best sangria and guacamole ever. Wait staff and view are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- National Harbor OutingjtbbkbVIPDined on 12/19/2013My wife and I always try to get to Rosa Mexicano when we are staying at National Harbor. We were able to see the fireworks right outside the restaurant and then we went inside and were immediately seated - window table was very nice. Margaritas are very good although the price seems high once you take away the ice in the glass. Ceviche sampler was outstanding as well as the crab enchiladas. We ended the dinner with splitting mexican donuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday Office LunchGioRodriDined on 12/16/2013Rosa Mexicano delivered a superb holiday lunch for my group. The four co-workers that came with me were impressed by the food, decor, and service. (None of them had visited a Roxa Mexicano before then.) Our waiter, Edwin, provided professional and friendly customer service.Special Features:
- First time hereMandyMayDined on 12/11/2013Had heard so much about this place. Specifically the table side guacamole, which did not disappoint. While the cocktails were tasty they were in my opinion over priced. However if you are a tequila lover they had an impressive selection. My husbands Carne Asada was amazing while my crab enchiladas were just so so. This location in warmer weather would be great as it is on the water and they have outside seating. Would go back again but most likely for a special occasion.Special Features:
- New Age Mexican North of the BorderWaltVIPDined on 12/10/2013Rosa's has brought nuevo Mexicano cuisine to the Potomac that reminds us of Nuevo Vallarta. Food is excellent, service is attentive--but not stiffling, happy hour specials are worth at least a round, and a table with a river view tops off the experience. Guacamole made tableside is a must. We've eaten brunch and dinner here and were pleased both times. If you are assigned to one of Frankie's or Jaime's tables expect a higher level of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodBigRedFredDined on 12/8/2013Rosa's always provides high-quality fresh food with a distinctive taste and excellent presentation. We have had a variety of dishes over the past few years and have never been disappointed. We usually go in a group of 4-10, so there are a lot of different dishes ordered. Only once was there a problem--the tuna on the salad was served raw. The wait staff is extremely friendly and prompt. We usually order guacamole, which Rosa's makes at the table. My son is a vegetable aficionado, and he says the Rosa's uses the freshest ingredients--esp. avacados--of anyone. Plus, they will customize and spice it to your liking. Rosa's is "Mex-Mex," not "Tex-Mex," but Tex-Mex-ers will like the enchalada offerings. Tamales are only in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinner on the waterShelleyDined on 11/28/2013Three of us had Thanksgiving dinner at Rosa's at National Harbor and enjoyed a Yucatan twist on the normal turkey feast, all with a great water view. We started with the outstanding guacamole and margaritas. The turkey was moist and tender, but the mole, fortunately served on the side, was unexpectedly sweet and without the complexity of a good mole. The root vegetables were perfectly roasted, and the black beans and brown rice were the best I have ever had. All agreed that the pumpkin bread pudding with caramel sauce was very good. The attentive service by the wait staff rounded out this interesting and delightful Thanksgiving meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No flavor & over pricedLookingDined on 11/28/2013Food was served warm at best and then reheated and dry . Very disappointing !Special Features:
- We had a late dinner hereLeahVIPDined on 11/25/2013We had a late dinner here and had the bar all to ourselves. The staff was spot on despite the late hour and the food was delicious. Definitely try the guac, duck tortilla pie and plantains!Special Features:
- Worth a TryRayWDined on 11/25/2013I've been meaning to try Rosa Mexicano for several months. I finally went a few days ago and was very pleased. The decor was dark/romantic/dimly lit. The booth had moderately high backs for added privacy and the overall tone of the restaurant was quiet. Our waiter was good, not great but good. You HAVE to have the fresh guacamole made in front of you! It was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGreatDined on 11/21/2013We had not dined at this restaurant before and we won't again. The good things: service was excellent and we were seated immediately on arrival although we were 20 minutes early. The guacamole was excellent; the food fair; view of the WW Bridge a nice touch. The bad things; our margarita was served in a small drink glass on the rocks (no choice) and was the worst margarita I have ever had and cost $9.75 (Ouch!!). This is an upscale restaurant that charges a premium for their food. If you want Mexican there are a lot of other places with better food at cheaper prices with better, and larger, drinks.Special Features:
- Not worth the money.WimpyDined on 11/21/2013The service was good but the food wasn't that great, especially for the money. Their homemade guacamole was excellent however the chips were over salted and not especially fresh.
- Delicious food with flareNiceFoodieVIPDined on 11/20/2013Rosa Mexican is an all time favorite. Their table side fresh made guac is delicious. Have as an appetizer or to accompany a savory dish like the chicken enchilladas or marinated skirt steak. Their drinks are pretty tasty but i am not impressed with their dessert menu.Special Features:
- Good Mexican food in a new areahockiemackVIPDined on 11/14/2013This is my first time in national harbor. There are a lot of steak and American food restaurants but we wanted Mexican. This place is a nice large restaurant within walking distance of all the major hotels in the area. Our drinks were made very well and tasty. I had a traditional margarita. The chicken tacos were good but nothing to write home about. We ordered freshly made guacamole for the table as an appetizer and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy a mealMimiDined on 11/13/2013We were seated quickly and had a server at our table by the time we were seated. There were many servers taking care of us and we never had to wait for anything. It may have been because we were early for the dinner hour, but our meal came out quickly and everyone was satisfied with their orders. We wil certainly return when we visit National Harbor.Special Features: