Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
153 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosamexicano.com/
- Phone: 3015671005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Antonio Contreras
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Cactus room and Potomac Patio can hold parties for large groups and smaller more intimate parties. Our restaurant has gorgeous views of the Potomac River that make any occasion extra special. Off - premise catering is also available. For Large Party Reservations, please contact our Catering Manager, Kaye Newsome, at 301.567.1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and pricing.
- Entertainment: On special occasions, we frequently have guest musicians and/or mariachis present to heighten the festive atmosphere. Please contact the restaurant directly with questions.
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR AT CANTINA BAR | DAILY, 4-7 pm
Half-price select cocktails and appetizers will make you very happy for much more than an hour.
FESTIVAL DE HELADOS | JULY 31-AUG 24
Desserts inspired by classic savory dishes such as guacamole, tamales and empanadas, and paired with handmade ice creams and sorbets infused with Mexican flavors ranging from prickly pear to chili-spiced chocolate.
- Public Transit: Metro bus line picks up from the Southern Avenue rail station, Indian Head Hwy & Southern Ave(DC line),Oxon Hill Park & Ride Lot and St. George Blvd. & Waterfront St. (National Harbor)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garage is available with rates of $2.00 for the first hour and $3.00 for 1-3 hours.
A word from Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor
In 1984, Rosa Mexicano set a new standard for Mexican cuisine when it first opened on the upper east side of New York City. Playing a leading role in defining what was then a "new" cuisine to American diners, Rosa Mexicano delivers authentic Mexican cooking in an accessible, stylishly festive atmosphere. Rosa Mexicano's menu features a range of award-winning signature dishes, including our Guacamole en Molcajete, in a traditional lava rock mortar. Described by Time Out New York as "green ecstasy in a stone bowl," it is prepared table side and served with house made chips, warm corn tortillas and condiment salsas. Rosa Mexicano is also known for the Frozen Pomegranate Margarita, as well as the stylish and festive ambiance that includes an illuminated water wall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Rosa Mexicano - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (39)great for outdoor dining (26)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (16)hot spot (11)romantic (9)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Newly opened; service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2008Newly opened; service was so-so; guacamole was OUTSTANDING; the person who made it was less than enthusiastic; the waitress basically disappeared once we told her we would be having iced tea; she came back to take our order and we didn't see her again until she gave us the bill. Appeared tables ordering alcohol received more frequent service.
- Rosa Mexicano at the NationalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2008Rosa Mexicano at the National Harbor was a nice experience for myself and my family. Our daughter enjoyed the kids menu items and we enjoyed the chicken enchilada's. Although we went during the day, the night views would probably be romantic. Will go again with just my husband.Special Features:
- We went there for brunch becauseJillDined on 11/16/2008We went there for brunch because of the brunch menu they show online for the National Horbor location. The waitress said that they do not have brunch at all! They also did not have the soup, or one of the specialty drinks on the menu online. The waitress was not all apologetic and at times appeared annoyed with our orders. The salads are much spicier that noted.
- Excellent experience in allOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2008Excellent experience in all ways - using the Open Table reservation was simple and the dining experience was outstanding. Great food and a lively atmosphere. Definitely go back soon!Special Features:
- The view we had over lookedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/15/2008The view we had over looked the Harbor and street shops. Great food, drinks and ambiance. It had a trendy/modern vibe. I will def go back!Special Features:
- This place is not ready forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/11/2008This place is not ready for customers. The service was dreadful. The food was mediocre at best. My entree was cold. I attribute a lot of this to the fact that it's new. But they clearly need a customer service intervention. It will be quite sometime before I try them again - if ever.
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2008The food was good and the atmosphere was nice as well.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2008The restaurant is very elegant and busy. The iced tea with vanilla simple syrup was outstanding, the best tea I have ever had. The guacamole molcajete was a disappointment for $12, just your average run of the mill guacamole. I was expecting more flavor. We ordered the crispy roast pork, arrachera and chicken enchilada with mole. The arrachera was very well flavored and the creamed corn on the side was delightful. The mole was good. The pork was overcooked to the point of not being able to eat it. Overall I expected more for the price and location. The iced tea was my favorite item ordered.Special Features:
- The Rosa Mexicano restaurantWandaDined on 11/9/2008The Rosa Mexicano restaurant in National Harbor, MD has only been open a little over 1 month so everything is still fairly new and untouched. The atmosphere was very relaxing with the waterfall in the dining area. The bar area could be larger but it appears that they have a nice deck for the spring/summer/early fall months enjoyment. The food and drinks were higher than I expected but we still enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Compared to the downtown branch,AmantediTavolaDined on 11/1/2008Compared to the downtown branch, this place is not quite ready for prime time yet. Menu seems shorter and lessinteresting than downtown. Table was not ready at time reserved. Many people waiting to be seated while numerous tables went unbussed. Had to wait for server to materialize and stop hostess to ask for server. Had to ask for water glass to be refilled. Also the quality of margaritas (ordered high-end $16 vesions) was not consistent - each one tasted differentSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent, theFoodieRBSDined on 10/25/2008The food was excellent, the sangria delicious and the atmosphere, very comfortable. The selection was wide-ranging and covered basic Mexican dishes as well as speciality items that were flavorful and filling (the duck pie appetizer is incredible, the braised beef short ribs were like butter and tasted divine - I gave up red meat 7 years ago but sampled my sister's entree 3 times because it was that good). Dessert was fabulous, especially the churros and cranberry dipping sauce. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Recognizing this has onlyKimHDined on 10/11/2008Recognizing this has only been opened approximately 1 week the experience was fairly good. I had a 7:30p reservation but was unable to be seated until after 8p The checkin area was chaos and seemed incredibly unorganized. I frequent the downtown DC location and found that the signature pomegranite margarita was much sweeter than expected and over frozen. The red sangria was entirely too sweet and was returned.Special Features:
- Great drinks, but was dissappointedbjackscDined on 10/10/2008Great drinks, but was dissappointed with the freshly made guacamole, Salmon dish, and presentation of the entrees. The Restaurant is very romantic. Be sure to grab a table away from the larger groups if going out for a romantic meal. Now, back to the food, the Guacamole was not chopped finely enough and we were left with avocado halves to instead of guacamole. My salmon dish was not fully cooked but the flavors were good. The crab and shrimp enchilada was a good choice.Special Features: